Meetings

It wasn't supposed to be love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It have been officially a month since Hal-abeoji passed away and I finally stop moping around the house, crying my eyes out. He wouldn’t be too happy in heaven if he see me crying and being upset. He is in a better place and I know that he, along with Umma, Appa and Hal-meoni would always watching over me. I was up and attending classes again but in the back of my mind is the marriage arrangement. It was Hal-abeoji’s final wish and his best friend did help with the entire funeral. I was greatly indebted to him and he was understanding and not forcing me until I am fully ready.

“Oh yeah, Jimin-ah.” Yerin’s voice pulled me away from my train of thoughts as she tug my arm as we were walking home from school.

“I just remember on the day Hal-abeoji passed away, you told the elder there that you’ll marry someone as Hal-abeoji’s last wish…?”

I paused and wonder if I should tell her but I quickly lied. “It is nothing.” And cutely smile to her.

“Oh Hal-meoni!” I yelp out as I run to help hold an older grandmother as she was about to cross the street with both her arms heavy with grocery bags.

“Let me help you,” She turned and squint her eyes before she realizes that it was me.

“Uri Jiminie….” She smile as I quickly grab her bags and held her arm. Yerin was quick to my side and held the other arm.

“YAH JACKSON!” A voice boom out of nowhere and suddenly I feel a tug at the grocery bags I was carrying. My eyes widen in shock and looked at the source of the tugging and came face to face with a young man dressed in a neatly black ironed suit with huge puppy eyes and a cheeky smile.

“Here, let me help too.” He offer as he pull the grocery bags from my grip and carry it. Once we reached the other side of the street, I offered to help walk the Hal-meoni home. The stuff she was carrying was heavy even for me, to mention how heavy it would be for her. The stranger that grabbed the bags insist on helping too and walk us home. Once we help carried her stuff home. I turned to the stranger and give him a small smile.

“Thanks…..” I pause as I didn’t know his name.

He smile sweetly before answering “Where are my manners, my name is Jackson. Wang Jackson.” He extend his hand towards me and I gladly took it.

“I am Jimin, Park Jimin.” I return his smile

“I know.” He mumble….

“huh…. What was that?”

“Nothing….”

“Oh and this is my best friend, Baek Yerin.”

Yerin looks at him wearily before looking away. I give her a little smack and apologizes

“Sorry, she is not good with meeting new people. Would you like to join us for dinner?” I question out of the blue which earn a glare from Yerin.

“C’mon he helped us carry all those things here and the less we can do is offer him some food right?” I quickly answer Yerin’s glare and wait for Jackson’s answer.

His eyes lit up but it quickly disappear as he remember he have something to do.

“I’ll have to take a raincheck on that offer, I have something urgent to get back too. Thanks though.” He smile as he quickly run back toward the way we came from, waving back and forth before running full speed.

“YAH…. Jimin ah! You need to stop being so naïve, we don’t even know him. He could’ve killed us for all we know.”

I chuckle and wave her worries away, “He seem like a harmless guy, did you see how many people were there but none of them offered to help Hal-meoni. You have been watching too much Criminal minds.” I laugh as I pull her along toward our favorite ramen shop.

“If I didn’t think about how many times you saved me, I would’ve killed you for stranding me here” a voice boom as soon as Jackson came into view. Jackson raise his arms up as if he was surrendering to stop his best friend from losing anymore patience. Once he realizes that the water wasn’t deep even to drown him, he let his high pitch laugh out.

“So how was she…? Your future wife?” he tease as he wrap his arm around his best friend’s shoulder.

“Quit playing around, hurry and drive. We have places to go, people to see, and errands to run.” Jaebum shrug off his arm around his shoulder and enter the back door of the car. As he was about to slam it shut, Jackson held onto it.

“Hyung…. I checked your schedule before coming here… you have nothing.” Jackson teases as soon as Jaebum turn and glare at the younger, he quickly retreat and closing the door, know fully the wrath of his friend when constantly being pushed around.

Once he was safe in his seat and start the engine, he would steal couple glances at the older in the backseat.

“I think I like Jimin better than Yuri, at least the younger have a kind heart and have something call manner.” He mumble to himself but purposely loud enough for the other to hear,

“I can see why Mister Im wants you to marry her.” He laugh to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter