Revealing the big secret

It wasn't supposed to be love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin sat in silence as her last known relative is in the emergency room fighting for his life…. Her beloved grandfather is fighting for his life. What is she going to do without him…? He was the only reason why she is working so hard to make ends meet. She always thought he would be in her life even when his health is deteriorating right before her eyes.

“No, he’ll make it” she whispers “Hal-abeoji is the strongest man I ever known, he’ll be okay.” She tried to comfort herself as she sat on the chair placed outside of the emergency room.

“He have to be okay…. No he will be okay… He will be okay” I repeat to myself like a mantra as I hug myself to blink away the tears.

“Jimin-ah!” a voice shout causing me to look up, it was Jinyoung my best friend since childhood along with Yerin running towards me. Concerns were evidence on their faces…

“Jimin-ah what happened to Hal-abeoji? Did the doctors say anything yet?” “Are you okay?” “How long have it been?” they bombard me with questions as they both wrap their arms around me trying to comfort me.

I wasn’t going to cry… Hal-abeoji wouldn’t like it if I cried… he loved it best when I smiled and I know he’ll be okay. He got to be okay.

“I was still at school when I received a called from Mrs. Kim saying that Hal-abeoji fainted at home and they were taking him to the hospital. I rushed him and been waiting ever since then. The doctors haven’t said anything yet…” I whisper it all out in one breath.

“He’ll be fine right?” I whisper in a shaky weak voice. A voice that sounds to foreign even to my ears…

“Of course he’ll be fine” Jinyoung confirmed while Yerin was just blinking away her tear while nodding her head.

The light above of the emergency room blinked off and all three of us walked over to the door, waiting for the doctor. The door slide open and from the grimace on the doctor’s face, I knew the result before he even said anything.

“We couldn’t do much… his health is deteriorating… we can only guarantee a maximum of a week….the minimum would be 3 days. You guys can see him once he is settled in his new room.” The doctor state as he bowed and give me a little pat on the shoulder before walking off.

“Jimin-ah…?”

I shrugged out of their arms on my shoulders and walked to the nursing counter,

“Park Chansung, which room will he be in?” I asked trying hard not to let my voice shake

The nurse on the front desk quickly type it into the computer

“He is in room 825, on the 8th floor.”

“Thanks” I bowed and walked to the elevator which seem to come too slow for my liking, I was slowly losing my patience and my Hal-abeoji needs me. I glance around and saw the door to the stair ways, without a doubt I walk towards it. I ran up the stairs with Jinyoung and Yerin trailing behind me, yelling at me to stop and wait for them and let’s just take the elevator, it would be faster than walking up the entire 8 flights of stairs.

My stubbornness won over and I kept climbing even when I felt the strain in my legs, Hal-abeoji needs me the most during this time... after some huffing and puffing, I achieved to the top of the hospital floor and entered the floor.

“8..21…. 8..23….825!” I exclaim… catching my breath before opening the door. As soon as I enter the smell of hospital enters my nostrils and suffocate me even more. I didn’t realizes I was holding my breath until I saw a familiar figure laying on the bed. My feet took me closer to the bed, I furiously blinked away the tears that were forming. He looks soooo weak… so fragile like this. The strong man I once knew was now reduce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter