LEE. EUN. JI. and ...

크라이 크라이 (Cry Cry)

Jiyeon’s speechless after reading the letter. She’s frozen for a moment.

Jiyeon : w-will you go there for her, Y-Yoo Seungho???
 
 
IU : (sighs heavily) < how should I act??? ummm~~~ > (practicing her smile)
 
PINNN PINNN!!!
 
IU : omo! He's here already!!! Calm down, Eunj- ani! Calm down Jieun ah~ Calm down~ (going out)
 
Yoseob : (leaning on his car with smile) Jieun ah~ kaja!
 
IU : (nodding and trying hard to smile)
 
 
At a family park...
 
They're sitting next to each other on a bench.
 
Yoseob : (staring IU without saying anything)
 
IU : (feels a little uncomfortable) ehemmm~
 
Yoseob : (back to his sense) m-mianhae... I j-just... I missed you.
 
IU : (feeling awkward but trying hard to look relax) m-me too. (forced smile. It is actually awkward)
 
Yoseob : but you don't look like you missed me. (being serious)
 
IU : wh-what do you m-mean? 
 
Yoseob : (again, staring her for few moments without answering her)
 
IU : (can't look at him back. Secretly sighs) < what should I do~ what should I do~ >
 
Silence for few seconds...
 
Yoseob : (still staring) < she's not ... she's not HER. >
 
IU : (pretending busy with her phone when she feels awkward)
 
Yoseob : Ahemmm! (finally broke the silence) Jieun ah, there's your favourite drink selling there. (pointing somewhere) Wanna try?
 
IU : oh! chocolate milkshake??? sure sure, let's go! (immediately standing, want to stop the awkwardness quickly)
 
Yoseob : (frozen for a sec) < chocolate milkshake? It IS HER favourite. How can ... >
 
IU : wae??? (confused when seeing Yoseob stays sitting)
 
Yoseob : oh, yeah! Let's go there! 
 
After buying the drink, they walk to another stalls near it.
 
IU : oh!!! Yoseob ah, it's Odeng!!!(Korean fish cakes) Let's try it. I'll buy for you. (sincere smile)
 
Yoseob : (seeing her cute smile made him smiling automatically) uh! gomawo.
 
IU : (paying) kamsahamnida~ (her eyes look at another stall beside) omo!!! 
 
Yoseob : (drinking his drink)
 
IU : Yoseob ah~
 
Yoseob : wae?
 
IU : Dukbokki! Hihi! (giggling cutely) Can I buy that? (asking shyly with her natural cute smile)
 
Yoseob : (chuckles) of course~ I'll pay.
 
IU : um~ Forget it. That's okay. We already have this. (showing the Odeng)
 
Yoseob : no, it's okay. Let's just buy the Dukbokki. I'm sure Odeng is not enough for you. You always eat a lot.
 
IU : me??? (confused for a moment)
 
Yoseob : ommonim, 1 Dukbokki please. 
 
Ommonim : ne~ wait for a moment.
 
Yoseob : (looks at IU) You don't remember that you always eat a lot?
 
IU : u-uh??? H-How did you know? (still in confuse. She forget that now she is Jieun, not Eunji)
 
Yoseob : (touches her cheek softly) you always look cute when you're confuse. (chuckles)
 
Ommonim : here~
 
Yoseob : (paying) ne, kamsahamnida.
 
IU : (frozen for a sec)
 
Yoseob : kaja! (grabs IU's hand)
 
 
They sit at a table at the park, facing each other.
 
IU : (trying the Odeng) woaaahhh! Sooo delicious!!! (little by little, she acts naturally in front of Yoseob)
 
Yoseob : (smiling) < she somehow acts similarly as HER, becomes excited when it comes to food. >
 
IU : try it!!! Here, say ahhhh~ (asked him to open his mouth to feed him)
 
Yoseob : (eating it) uhmmm~~ it IS delicious! (smiling happily)
 
IU : right? Hihi!
 
Yoseob : you never change when it comes to food, Jieun ah~
 
IU : u-uh??? (she remember now she is IU)(smiling shyly)
 
Yoseob : I think you LOVE food more than you love me, don't you???
 
IU : (speechless. Surprised with Yoseob's words)
 
Yoseob : (smiling to see IU's reaction) That's okay. I'll wait, just tell me when you love me FOR REAL (he emphasized this words) one fine day. (bad boy smile)
 
IU : (frowning when she heard "FOR REAL")
 
Yoseob : why suddenly you keep silent?
 
IU : u-uh???! ummm~~~ (shaking her head and continue eating)
 
Yoseob : < You WILL love me for real, one day... LEE. EUN. JI. ... > (gives his sweetest smile to her)
 
 
 
Tomorrow, at university...
 
Dongjun : noona, let's have our lunch. (standing)
 
Jiyeon : um~ that's okay. I don't feel like eating right now. Just go.
 
Dongjun : waeyo? Are you still not feeling well???
 
Jiyeon : (forced smile) no, I'm okay. Don't worry.
 
Dongjun : ok, then. I'll go first. (going out of the class)
 
Seungho : (waiting for Jiyeon in front of her class)
 
Dongjun : oh, seonsaengnim.
 
Seungho : oh Dongjun ah. Where's Jiyeon?
 
Dongjun : she's inside. She said she doesn't want to have lunch.
 
Seungho : (frowning) um ok.
 
Dongjun : I'll go first, seonsaengnim. (bows a little)
 
Seungho : (going into the class slowly. Only Jiyeon is there)
 
Jiyeon : (sitting quietly while staring at the gift and the letter from Minah to Seungho. Didn't notice Seungho is coming)
 
Seungho : did you sleep early last night? You didn't reply my text. (already standing near to Jiyeon)
 
Jiyeon : (totally shocked. She hides the gift and the letter immediately)
 
Seungho : (frowning, knowing Jiyeon's hiding something) what... what was that???
 
Jiyeon : (just ignore his question) Y-Yes. I-I fell asleep. M-Mian. Wh-What are you doing here?
 
Seungho : (sitting in front of Jiyeon, he turned the chair to face her) I come to ask my girlfriend to eat together.
 
Jiyeon : (silent)
 
Seungho : Dongjun said you don't want to have lunch. Wae? Are you still not feeling well?
 
Jiyeon : (forced smile) nope. I'm okay. Just that... I'm not hungry.
 
Seungho : but I'm hungry. Can't u accompany me to eat then?
 
Jiyeon : I-I ...
 
Seungho : oh look at you. Giving excuses again? You must be not loving me anymore~ (pretends sulking)
 
Jiyeon : u-uh? (blank)
 
Seungho : yah, Park Jiyeon. You look lost today. Are you sure you're okay?
 
Jiyeon : (speechless again)
 
Seungho : aigoo~ um... Okay then! I'll be back. (immediately left)
 
 
Few minutes later...
 
Seungho : I'm back! (while showing off the food he bought)
 
Jiyeon : (forced smile again)
 
Seungho : (sitting back where he was sitting before) Now I'll eat here. You will stay here and accompany me, right? No more excuses. (smiling and starts eating)
 
Jiyeon : (nodding) Enjoy your food.
 
Seungho : oh, eat a little. (trying to feed her)
 
Jiyeon : (shaking her head) no, it's okay. (smiling a bit for Seungho)
 
Seungho :um~~~ if you say so. (then focus eating)
 
Jiyeon : (staring at him for few minutes without saying anything)
 
Seungho : Park Jiyeon, don't forget to eat after your class finished today, okay? Want me to accompany you? (while still eating)
 
Jiyeon : (not responding to his question) S-Seungho yah~~~ (calling him with a really really soft voice)
 
Seungho : (already finished eating) hmmm?
 
Jiyeon : may I ask one question?
 
Seungho : (frowning) wh-why suddenly ... of course, what is it, my girl??? (asks her back gently)
 
Jiyeon : if you have no other choice but to hurt one of them, who is it going to be? Your bestfriend or your girlfriend? (asking seriously)
 
Seungho : u-uh? What are you talking about, Park Jiyeon? (totally confused)
 
Jiyeon : just answer me. (still with serious face)
 
Seungho : (speechless. Trying hard to think but he can't choose)
 
Jiyeon : (just keep silent, waiting for his answer)
 
Seungho : I won't hurt any of them. I can't choose. Why suddenly you ask me this kind of question, Jiyeon ah? (too curious)
 
Jiyeon : I ... I'll tell you after you made your choice.
 
Seungho : (sighs heavily) then... in that case I'll hurt myself instead.
 
Jiyeon : (silent for few seconds and... ) then... we... let's break up.
 
Seungho : wh-what... what did you just say??? (can't believe what he just heard)
 
Jiyeon : I'm sure you heard it right. (holding her tears) My classmates will be back soon. So leave. (standing up)
 
Seungho : (also standing up immediately) P-Park Jiyeon ... you... were... just joking right?
 
Jiyeon : (ignore his words) oh and this. (put Minah's gift and letter on the table) You left this at my home. It's your birthday gift. I shouldn't keep it. (immediately left, went out from the class)
 
Seungho : (frozen. He stares at the gift for few moments. When he's about to chase Jiyeon, many of her classmates already coming in to the class)
 
Students : oh, seonsaengnim???!
 
Seungho : (sighs heavily. Trying to cool down himself and left the class)
 
 
In his room at the university...
 
Seungho : (staring nothing. He himself didnt realize when his tears fall down) < wh-what ... did I do Jiyeon ah??? > (suddenly he remembered back the way Jiyeon stared at the gift and letter from Minah to him. He slowly takes the gift. He's not really interested about the gift but the letter) < could this be the reason? > (starts reading the letter)
 
 
Lecturer : ok, the class ends here for today. 
 
Jiyeon : (after finished arrange her stuff, she's going out from the class)
 
Seungho : (already waiting in front of the class) Park Jiyeon.
 
Jiyeon : (shocked. She stopped for a sec but then immediately walk quickly away from Seungho)
 
Seungho : is this letter the reason why you want us to break up? (talking while following her steps)
 
Jiyeon : (suddenly stopped. It's already far from the classes area)
 
Seungho : (also stopped)
 
Jiyeon : (turns to face Seungho. Secretly sighs but acts strong in front of him) You are the one who chose to hurt yourself.
 
Seungho : wh-what did you say?
 
Jiyeon : that's your choice. And what I did is for you. 
 
Seungho : (closes his eyes for few moments to calm down himself. Then he slowly walks closer to Jiyeon and hold her arms) We... We can solve this in a better way, my girl.
 
Jiyeon : I'm not your girl. So now you can make your choice without hurting your bestfriend and... since you have no girlfriend. So please don't hurt her. Just fulfill her request, only then nobody will get hurt.
 
Seungho : (immediately pulls her into a hug) You lied. Now you're hurting. That's why you did this. (whispering to her)
 
Jiyeon : (pulls away from the hug. Trying hard to hold her tears) I imagined myself in her shoe. On that day if you don't come, you'll not only hurt her, but you're killing her sincere heart.
 
Seungho : (speechless)
 
Jiyeon : (forced smile) Give her the best day in her life. (immediately turns around and walks away. At that moment her tears finally fall down)
 
... TO BE CONTINUED ...
 
 
Author's note : I'm sorry, I wrote this chapter rushingly (and in a weird way I think bcoz I hav no choice but to use notepad) It's just that I felt bad to make people waiting for too long. So this chapter, I hope is ok. And I'm even too busy n didnt get the chance to reply comments n some wallposts. TOO SORRY, BUT TOO THANK U TOO TOO MUCH for always be here with me^^ n yes, one more important thing. I planned to end this fic soon. It's bcoz I'll be extremely busy so I think it's better to end it rather than make people, again, wait n wait n wait. RIGHT GUYS??? hehe. AND YES! PLZ CRY CRY AFTER READING THIS (TRYING TO MAKE IT) SAD CHAPTER. hehe^^