Dragon spirits

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fairies and knights gathered after returning from the mission to rescue stella and knight’s parents.They were celebrating their success. Their happiness lasted for a few seconds when there was a poof sound behind them. They all were attentive but withdrew when they saw a mist. As the mist cleared, came forward three wrinkly old men, with long white beard, their bodies hunched. They were a bit shorter compared to the others.

Surprised, all bowed to them except the fairies and knights. They followed their parents but were still puzzled of their identity. “Ancient spirits, it is a blessing to see you all” stella welcomed them. The fairies and knights were stunned; even in the past lives they have never seen the ancient spirits. Also, they were curious why they suddenly visited them.

They introduced them noticing their expression. Alan gestured towards the man in the middle “Hartmut finnagund”, to the right “Tobold noakesburrow” and then to the left “Bertelis headstrong”. The fairies and knights bowed in front of them while they gave their blessings, also congratulated them for coming this far. Though they were looking alike but they had slight differences.

Hartmut was a calm and composed man. He thinks before he talks. His beard is twisted in the end and had big eyes. Tobold was a rash man but he was wise with his words. He was half bald and had a buttoned nose. Finally bertelis, he was bit younger looking than the other ancient spirits, had a few strands of black hair in his beard and droopy eyes. He had a funny accent and was jovial too.

Hartmut nodded, calmly taking his own time he revealed “The time has come for the prophecy to be fulfilled”. The fairies and knights gasped thinking it was too soon. “Prepare for the war” tobold ordered. They gulped glancing at each other. “No worries, the history will not repeat” bertelis assured.

Taking a seat they began to discuss about the war. “We need to start the preparations for the war soon” stated alan. Apollo agreed, also assuring he will give full support. The fairies and knights also participated in the discussion, giving ideas to take the evil fairy queen nadia and her followers down. Though they got their memories back they weren’t happy at all.

Tobold reminded them “You remember right fairies, according to the prophecy one of you will kill nadia and end the evil”. They got goosebumps, gulping they nodded. “Who? Who will?” questioned star, peoni’s daughter who arrived to deliver food. She was curious, so were the fairies and knights. Peoni stopped star “It is bad manners to speak in middle. Your work is done, you should leave” she suggested and star left the room obeying. Hartmut smiled weakly watching their expressions and muttered the words

 

The earth and sky begin to roar

Heaven and hell’s bloody war

All out clash of dark and light

As clouds cover the starlight

Ends the evil when it is at its worst

Is the one who is discovered first

 

They couldn’t understand a thing he was trying to say. He could just tell the name, they were frustrated but looking at his expression they couldn’t ask further. It was clear watching his eyes which were implying find out yourself. Bertelis tried to cheer them up with his jokes telling them the stories which they paid attention to but failed to smile. They were all worried about the future.

Their expressions dulled and their eyes showed fear. Noticing that stella comforted them “You don’t need to worry about anything my dears. Did you forget when you are together you are strong” she explained. Alan added “Your strength is your unity” he explained. The fairies and knights were not satisfied. They feared what if the same thing happened again? What if the evil wins again?

Sighing stella questioned “Don’t you understand?”. They looked at her puzzled. She continued “Sparks and river, a spark of fire can be only put out with water. The heat of the fire and the coolness of water, they are a pair” she looked at the couple dearly. Suho and chorong smiled at each other.

Turning towards sehun and hayoung “Whirl and glow, only can a light travel faster in the strongest of the winds. Only sunlight doesn’t disturb the winds” she praised. Sehun and hayoung looked at each other lovingly and held hands.

She added “Speed, to teleport you need a ground or gravity and that your rose’s power helps you, the power of earth”. Naeun placed her head on kai’s shoulder while he side hugged her.

“A strong wind can blow anything away, breeze… but not a mountain, right brown?” she asked kyungsoo and he nodded. Looking at namjoo dearly he caressed her cheek while she teared up.

“And misty, only a flame can melt the ice. So now you know why flare is important to you?” she asked eunji. She nodded and hugged chanyeol tightly while he kissed her head.

Looking at baekhyun and bomi “Finally, only a ray of light can travel into the deepest of waters. It seeps into the oceans, gleam….so never let go of pearl” she said. He nodded and pulled bomi into his embrace while she smiled shyly.

“The powers which you have are interconnected. If one has a weakness other covers it. If one is too strong other balances it. You are tied together and so are your powers. At first you may think your powers have individual importance but no….it is a combined effort. You are meant to be together, like that you are much stronger” she explained.

The fairies and knights agreed to her words and promised they will always treasure and help each other at the time of adversities.

Stella and alan, were pleased with warney’s efforts to bring them all together. Warney was humble until the end saying he didn’t do anything but the fairies and knights thanked him for his efforts. After stella commanded warney, he smiled. They were curious. Warney spoke, clearing his throat he revealed “Knights, i learnt that you want to ride a horse or something” he was clearly teasing.

The knights scratched their heads in embarrassment. It was at the time of their individual mission to upgrade powers they wished they could have a horse. Since they were knights, they need to ride something was their reasoning.

“Warney” they whined together. “Well, why don’t the fairies give the knights gifts?” he suggested. “You mean a horse?” hayoung asked puzzled. “It is something you ride on but not a horse……a dragon” he smirked. The knights opened their mouths. “What??” it was time for the fairies to shout.  Others chuckled.

“How do we give them dragons?” questioned namjoo. Alan expressed “You need to go on a journey to find your dragon spirits. Every fairy has a dragon spirit each according to their elements. So, you will find them, capture the dragons and give them to the knights. This will be your last mission before the war”.

They were excited at the thought of getting dragons as their own rides. The fairies were desperate to give their beloveds the gifts.

“Stella” called bertelis, he turned serious. Stella was startled she knows something was up. It was same expression when they decided to send the fairies and knights to the human world.

The fairies and knights were also curious as his expression changed since they saw him. Taking a deep breath he revealed “You need to…..” he was interrupted when stella shook her head “Not yet…please ancient spirits” she pleaded. The fairies and knights were confused but noticing the calm expression of the elders, they were sure they aware of it too.

“So, where should we go warney to find the knights’ rides. I want to gift gleam his dragon” cheered bomi diverting the topic. Baekhyun looked at her lovingly.

Warney chuckled at her excitedness “The island of dragons” he declared.

The fairies and knights decided to take a rest before proceeding for the next mission…..their last mission after that the end of evil was certain.

As the fairies and knights left, the elders were still gathered around along with the ancient spirits. They were sad and depressed.

“Stella, alan and others, i understand what you are thinking but the end has already been decided” confirmed hartmurt. “I knew this would happen….we all knew this would happen yet….” Alan sighed. “That is why we let it happen” tobold explained. They looked at him with a worried expression.

Bertris patted her head “You need to be strong stella and i suppose you should stop hiding the truth and tell them about the prophecy….that we only revealed half of the prophecy to them and the other half they deserve to know” he encouraged her.

Stella shook her head with tears in her eyes. “I can’t tell them….before a queen i am a mother….how can i?” she broke down. Alan took her into his embrace, giving comfort. Tears rolled down his cheeks. Apollo and iris, who were together with them as their support couldn’t do anything too. They sobbed quietly. Warney silently cried. They all were aware of the end.

Hartmut placed his hand on her head “Stella, this is different. It is the fairies and knights……they are hiding something” he disclosed the fact. “What?” iris was puzzled.

They looked at each other confused. Bertelis explained “As you know the mirror of the truth has the ability to show the past but it also has the ability to show the future”. They gasped together. “That means?” Apollo was stunned.

“Yes, i have foreseen that…..somebody has seen the future” he added. The atmosphere turned serious on his revelation. Somebody has seen the future, means somebody knows what will happen?

Neither of the fairies and knights expressed any emotions on their face, which was hard to tell who has seen the future. “Who?” asked peoni. Warney was blank.

Hartmurt sighed “It is not one but atleast two people has seen the future” he explained, not revealing who. They were stunned on hearing that.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................................

 

On the other hand, nadia was also getting ready with the war. She ordered her 3 supporters shady, smoky and steal to prepare for the war along with the other unseelies. Raven, her pet crow sat on her arm. Petting it she laughed "After this everything of the fairy land will be mine. Not to mention, the poor fairies and knights will be dead and this time there will be no mistake. Mainly, you little fairy, i will see how you are going to kill me now.......as i already made a move" she laughed evilly looking at her own reflection in the mirror. Leaning on her throne she clicked her tongue "All these missions and efforts everything will go to waste......because ultimately it will be my win" she muttered smiling to herself.

 

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

The fairies and knights were given their own rooms, their past rooms in the rosen castle. Settling on the bed, they decided to sleep but they couldn’t. All they could recollect were the memories of the past, the screams of the innocent and sacrifice of the dear ones. It was painful for them. Tears kept streaming down their cheeks.

Morning dawned in the fairy land.The fairies and knights gathered. Others were also present except the ancient spirits. Stella informed they left and may come back anytime. They weren’t enthusiastic with the mission this time, were moody and kept thinking about the future. The fairies and knights noticed the elders were also tensed but they didn’t know the reason behind it.

Alan was concerned. He reminded them they have to be stronger and that can be possible only when they are together. “Believe in each other fairies and knights” he requested. They nodded together assuring him there will be no dispute between them. It is just that they are afraid of their uncertain future. They can’t lose anybody now….not again.

Warney spoke on the cue from Apollo “Fairies, are you ready to gift your knights their dragons?” he teased. They giggled together “Totally” they shouted together. The knights smiled together.

“Your destination is ‘the island of dragons’ as the name suggests you will notice a lot of dragons there but your mission is to find your own dragon spirits” he stated. They nodded hearing that.

“The further details about how you acquire those dragon spirits will be guided by a dwarf named ‘Yardur grimbringer’. Find him and he will explain everything about it” he concluded.

“No quotes this time warney?” joked eunji. Warney laughed “I don’t want you to waste anymore energy. You are going to need it for the war” he expressed. They nodded silently.

Soon they were set off, to the ‘island of dragons’. With the help of kai they teleported at the beach; from there they could spot ‘the island of dragons’.

“That’s it. Our last mission” sehun breathed out. “I didn’t want to make it obvious but the preparations of war already begun” hayoung informed. Suho agreed “I witnessed trooping fairies, others knights and creatures getting prepared” he told what he saw in the morning from the window.

Hesitantly, chorong brought the topic “So, who do you think will end nadia’s life. It was already told to us one of us fairies will do it but who?” she questioned. Namjoo recollected the words one of the ancient spirits “What did he mean by discovered first?” she questioned.

Eunji shrugged her shoulders “If it is first, i/misty was the first one among girls to attend our school. And namjoo/breeze was first to discover warney, the book. Naeun/rose was the first one who read the words in the book. Hayoung/glow was the first to get her powers back. Bomi/pearl was the first to meet nadia though it was just a shadow and chorong/ sparks was the first to wake up in Sirius” she concluded, talking in one breath.

“Woah, you forgot to breathe there” chanyeol praised her. Eunji rested her head on his arm thinking something deeply. “It doesn’t matter” naeun spoke, which rather sounded cold. Kai threw his arms around her “Yes, my rose is right. What we need to concentrate is in front of us” he pointed his finger to the island.

Excitedly bomi jumped “I can’t wait to see my dragon. I wonder if it is beautiful just like me” she giggled. Baekhyun ruffled her hair and disturbed their thoughts “Let’s go, we need to join others too” he reminded about the preparations of the war.

The fairies and knights reached the island of dragons with kai’s help. The first thing they decided to do was to search for the dwarf named yardur. After looking around the whole forest they were tired.

“Not only yardur but i can’t even see one dragon” kyungsoo expressed disappointedly. Others agreed. They heard a movement behind the bush. Immediately, they took the positions. Gently, chanyeol brushed it aside only to a notice a little man collecting stones like an insane person.

“Yardur grimbringer?” questioned sehun.  The tiny man turned around.

Dwarfs usually depicted as having some sort of supernatural powers and being skilled i crafting and metalworking, often short with long beards.

Emotionlessly he looked at them each intensely. They were confused.  “I was waiting” he uttered and kept silent. “Where are the dragons?” carefully questioned namjoo.

After a long silence he answered pointing to the mountain “They are gathered there. Off season….they gather, eat, sleep, laze around” he concluded. He was the man of few words but they noticed he was mysterious as his shoulder bag was filled with stones- different in colours, shapes and sizes. Only he probably knows what importance they hold.

Leaving them behind, he walked to the direction of the mountain. The fairies and knights glanced at each other and shrugged their shoulders. They followed him without questioning. The walk was so tiring, quiet and…..quiet. They have never seen a creature as silent as him.

“Fairies and knights?” he spoke after a long time. “Yes” they gathered around him. “Are you here for the dragon spirits?” he questioned and they responded energetically. “Hmm” he nodded. Halting his walk, he went to the corner of the road, collected a stone and stuffed in his bag.

“There are three stages to acquire a dragon spirit” he revealed. They were attentive.   “1. Awakening, 2. Elemental and 3. Ascending” he added.

They were lost in thoughts. “No, we are not training a dragon” he assured and then chuckled at his own joke. They smiled along with him thinking he is opening up to them. “It has been a long time i spoke to others. I live here alone” he explained. They felt sad for him. “Don’t you feel lonely?” questioned bomi. He shook his head with a smile “They are here with me” he pointed at the direction of mountains talking about the dragons. The walk continued. Now they reached the start. They looked up, straining their necks. The mountain was so high.

“The real mountain climbing” suho joked saying what they did in the human world was nothing. Giggling, they climbed the slope. It was high and dangerous too. Breathing hard because of the slope of the mountain “Back to the topic” yardur said within his breaths. It was to distract his mind. Rummaging through clothes, he secretly took out a golden pouch. He grabbed a palm full of coloured stones from it and showed them. “Choose one” he ordered. Fairies looked at their boyfriends and then proceeded when they nodded. Quickly they picked one each of their own colour, matching their necklaces.

“Good choice” he stuffed the others back inside. They glanced at each other puzzled. They scrutinized those stones it was nothing special but just coloured stones. The climbing continued. Sweat was cascading down his face. “We can teleport” kai suggested but he rejected his offer. Disclosing his secret of not having powers “I believe in my strength. Also, once we are accustomed to powers we get used to it” he explained and walked forward in a slow pace.

They liked him, despite his less words and quiet nature he was really straightforward man. He was quite slow compared to the others. He suggested that the fairies and knights should leave him and climb up or it will be late. The sun was about to set and the dragons will be in an aggressive mood was his reasoning. They found it logical, also believed him as he has been observing them for a long time.

The fairies and knights decided to move forward while yardur was following them behind slowly climbing the mountain, also collecting stones. They shrugged their shoulders at his weird hobby of collecting stones. They were very fast with their steps, also decided not use to their powers just to be respectful. Baekhyun slowed down as he was concerned about yardur. He turned around to notice he quite far away while the the others almost reached the top. Baekhyun didn’t know when but he was left behind too.

Yardur was so into collecting the stones that he didn’t bother about the fairies and knights. He spotted a shining stone at the slopy edge of the mountain and decided to get it. He stood near it, putting efforts in removing the stone which was stuck under the ground. Foolishly, he sat down at the brink pulling it. As he succeeded in pulling the stone out, due to the force he fell back and flung in the air.

Baekhyun who was keeping an eye on him once in while turned around only to notice him falling off the mountain “Yardur!!” he screamed recollecting he doesn’t have any powers. The others were up so they didn’t notice. Immediately taking a decision, baekhyun decided to use his one time power of his brother sky or kris, flight. Transforming instantly, he wielded his sword, pointing towards the sky “Gleam, knight of flight!!!” he shouted. Others could hear him shouting. Wondering what happened they turned around.

They could see baekhyun holding onto his sword which had gigantic fiery wings. He jumped off the mountain. The group gasped. “Gleam!!!” they shouted together and decided to help him. Baekhyun flew with his big wings and successfully caught yardur’s hand. He pulled him up and brought him to the place where others gathered.

Bomi took baekhyun into her arms and hugged him tightly “Gleam”. The group surrounded him pleased by his kind act, also helping out yardur to stand up.

Breaking the hug, bomi cupped his cheeks “You scared me” she mumbled, tears kept flowing down her cheeks. Wiping her tears, baekhyun kissed her forehead. “Yardur, are you alright?” he asked, recollecting he almost died today. Yardur stood weakly “Yes, thank you” he confirmed but his trembling legs couldn’t go unnoticed by them. “We can use the powers? We will get there faster” chorong suggested, her eyes pleading him.

Yardur nodded and kai immediately teleported them to the top of the mountain. They were stunned as they reached the top, there were few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter