The gold quest

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One fine morning, the girls and guys were still asleep in their respective dorms lying comfortably in their beds. A magical paper flew into the guys’ room waking them up. The buzzing sound continued in their ears resembling a bee, the paper kept disturbing their sleep. Exo sat up irritatingly. Rubbing their eyes in clear confusion as they were half awake they noticed a flying object which happened to be a magical paper.

Exo jumped out of their beds and gathered around it. “What is it?” asked sehun surprised. Kyungsoo tried to touch it but it flew away. Then again it landed in front of them rolling out. Suho stretched his palms and it landed in carefully. He read it out loud “It is a message from warney. He wants us all urgently, to the fairy land” he said puzzled. Exo thought it must be something again.

“Probably a trouble again?” said chanyeol, raising his eyebrows. “No, i don’t think so. If warney has summoned us all together instead of coming then i suppose the matter is not related to a problem” said baekhyun positively. “Anyway, let’s dress up and inform the girls” suggested kyungsoo. Kai shook his head “Nope, it wants to do it on its own” he pointed towards the paper flying away with sparkle around it. Exo smiled and continued with their works.

Meanwhile, apink was woken up in the same manner. They were quite careful thinking it was an evil plan of nadia but realized it was warney who sent. They laughed nervously at their childish thoughts.

Apink and Exo gathered together ready to leave but somebody called them from behind. Turning around they noticed it was their dorm head. Fearing they were caught sneaking, they stood silently not until she revealed the purpose of her visit “What have you all done? The principal wants you urgently” she informed.

Exo and Apink looked at each other wondering what urgent business he has with them. On that they were about to go to the fairy land. Anyways, they postponed their trip and decided to meet the principal first. On the way to his office, they discussed what might be the reason he is willing to meet them for. “Now that you think about it we never saw him before” chanyeol expressed. “You are right, i haven’t seen him too” said eunji wondering who the principal might be. They reached the door collectively. “Well, now we will know who the principal is” said hayoung excitedly.

The door creaked open and there was a radiant light illuminating within the room. The boys and girls shut their eyes tightly. Soon the light dispersed and there was a man standing at the window. Turning around he shot a broad smile at them. They expected him to be old, wrinkly and weak but to their surprise he was young looking and sparkling. “Welcome, boys and girls or should i say…. fairies and knights” he greeted.

They were astonished. “Step back girls” warned kyungsoo and the girls followed. Exo stood in front to protect them. “Who are you? Where is our principal?” demaded kai. The man laughed “I am your principal” he stated, walking towards them. They were attentive. “How do you know?” demanded chorong, enquiring about his identity.

“Please, settle down children” he said and took his seat. They were dubious but he revealed “Warney can wait”. They sat down after looking at each other. “If you are aware of everything then you must be from the fairy land too?” questioned naeun. The man nodded “Yes, you are right. I am also from the fairy land. Let me introduce. I am Alan. I was the one who searched for you and invited you all to this school. Not only that, but protected you from the evil too” he explained. They gasped.

 “So that time, when bomi was hurt you were the one who helped?” namjoo recollected. “Yes, it was me who helped you” alan confirmed. “But who are you? Why did you help us?” asked bomi. “That i will tell you but first let us travel to the fairy land. Warney and others might be waiting for us” he stated. The girls and guys agreed after confirming with each other. Soon they were taken by alan to the fairy land.

The fairies and knights along with alan arrived at the fairy land. They were received by a fairy named carey. After glancing at alan, she immediately bowed. They were surprised watching that. She guided them to a mysterious looking castle surrounded by roses. On the way she informed them that was fairies past home and also queen stella’s castle. Fairies and knights felt elated to meet stella after a long time. They arrived impatiently into the castle covered with roses. There were countless roses of different colours, shapes and sizes they probably have ever seen.

“This is the rosen castle” informed alan. Upon entering the gigantic door they spotted two large thrones at the other end of the hall which were covered in roses too. It was so breathtaking that there were exclaimations everywhere. They were immediately welcomed by warney and scarlet, the fairy they met in the past.

“Welcome, i see you have met him, king alan” warney said glancing at alan and bowed. The fairies and knights were puzzled. “You probably remember fairy scarlet?” warney asked ignoring their confused looks. Fairies and knights nodded and greeted her. “Fairy scarlet is left acting in place of queen stella, until she returns….thats what we hope for” he said sighing. They were puzzled. “What do you mean?” asked suho drawing his eyebrows together. Alan answered his question “Stella has been captured by nadia and is trapped somewhere”. “What??” they exclaimed collectively.

“When did this happen?” asked namjoo while everybody present there has the same thought. “It was after we sent you all to the human land. Nadia got to know the truth and wickedly trapped her” warney explained. “That is horrible but she spoke to us and warned us about nadia” kai explained. “Yes, she is the queen of the fairy land. I am sure if it was in her power she would have escaped but knowing she didn’t, there must be something more” reasoned alan. “Why didn’t you tell us before? Where is she?” demanded chorong. “You were not ready,upon that even we are not aware of where is held captive. As you can see we can’t contact stella and neither she is doing it” scarlet explained.

“What are we supposed to do? How should we find her?” this time naeun said sadly. Alan patted her head “You have to be strong rose. We didn’t name you rose just because of its beauty but strength” he said smiling. “Now, who are you?” eunji asked coldly. Warney stopped them from being disrespectful towards him “He is your father fairies. The king of the fairy land” he informed. The fairies and knights were shocked to learn this truth.

Alan nodded, smiling at them dearly “Stella sent me to human land to protect you all” he explained all the details. The fairies landed into his arms and hugged him tightly. They were touched to meet their father. Knights gathered together and watched them all happily. Alan called them too and hugged them all.

“How should we find her?” asked bomi after they settled down for discussion. Alan sat on throne and sighed looking at the other empty seat “That is the reason why we are gathered here. This is an important assignment for you all to gain back your lost memories and also to rescue stella” he informed. The fairies and knights nodded. Finally the time has come to know everything about their past.

“Your destination is ‘the silver leaf tavern’” warney revealed. “This is not the time to go to an inn” sehun frowned.  “It isn’t a fun place i can assure you” carey joked while they smiled nervously. “Who should we find there?” enquired kyungsoo. Warney continued after giving a smile

 

Little bearded men who make and mend shoes.

With their mischieves and pratical jokes they amuse.

The one who is not wholly good nor wholly evil,

The son of degenerated fairy and a devil;

Hides at the end of the rainbow, pots of gold and riches

Capture them, in exchange will grant three wishes.

 

Fairies and knights convinced alan that they will return only after finding stella not only that but with their lost memories. Kai immediately decided to transform. He was covered in a grey light. He whirled his sword and inserted into the ground with force “Speed, knight of teleportation” he said transforming into his brand new form. The girls were in awe watching him as they were still unsure how their new forms looked. Naeun was the happiest of them all, she smiled shyly watching her boyfriend looking dashing. Other girls were curious of their respective boyfriends’ looks. Instantly he took them all to their destination.

After a second or two, the girls and boys landed in some bushes. They groaned in pain collectively. “Speed, what kind of place did you bring us?” huffed chanyeol dusting his back. “But i clearly mentioned our destination” he explained it wasn’t his mistake. He transformed into a human suddenly. Everybody was puzzled what was happening. Anyhow, they walked forward but each fell unconscious.

After a while, each of them started waking up as they felt they were getting dragged, the sound of waves can be heard. Realising they are being dragged to the seashore. The beach was just within their reach. Suho who came to his senses glanced at the men who were short with long beards. Slowly, each of them came to senses and spotted the little men who were dragging them to the shore with great difficulty. Chanyeol huffed watching them “Leprachauns”.

A leprechaun is a type of fairy usually depicted as little bearded men, wearing coat and a hat, who partake in mischief. They are solicitary creatures who spend their time making and mending shoes and have a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If captured they often grant three wishes in exchange of their freedom.

“Guys, capture them fast” commanded kyungsoo. The girls and guys immediately took it into action.The leprachuans were attentive too. They were quite actively handling them. First the boys decided to transform while the girls keep them busy.

A green light engulfed all around sehun. He stretched his body and boom he transformed “Whirl, knight of wind” he said smiling widely. A grey light surrounded kai “Speed, knight of teleportation”. A purple light shoned around kyungsoo, and then dispersed “Brown, knight of earth” he said drawing his sword. A red light engulfed chanyeol, whirling his sword “Flare, knight of flame” he shouted. A white light spread across baekhyun’s body and he stood holding sword “Gleam, knight of light” he said. A blue light covered suho and he stood holding his sword high “River, knight of water” he grinned.

The girls opened their mouths wide, watching their respective boyfriends. They winked at their respective girls. Sehun created a whirlwind and threw the leprachauns away but they were smart too. They jumped over and spinned, balancing themselves on the point of the hat with his heels in the air. Kai brought naeun to his side using his teleportation power. Sehun dropped hayoung safely with his wind power. Suho washed the leprauchauns away from chorong. Baekhyun threw them aside with his light power and saved bomi. Chanyeol burned the area where eunji was, to save her from a leprechaun. Kyungsoo inserted his sword and created an earthquake to keep him away from namjoo. The girls jumped over the other side taking an opportunity. Within few seconds the leprechauns were captured by the boys. The girls were excited and impressed by their magical powers which were definitely stronger than before. They were swooning over their new transformations, attires as they looked manly and cool. The girls didn’t even need to transform as they finished the business on their own.

The knights tied them together and gathered around. A group of leprechauns who were in their regular coats and hats were captured. “What do you want?” a leprechaun huffed probably their leader or head as he was wearing a gold leaf on his hat. Eunji came forward “What you give when you are captured?” she grinned.

The head leprechaun sighed “Fine, we will grant you the three wishes” he said. The fairies and knights were delighted thinking their assignment got fulfilled that easily but their happiness lasted only a second when the head leprechaun revealed “Only on one condition”. They were surprised as they never heard about it. Usually they grant people’s wishes upon their freedom.

The head leprechaun revealed “I am Glarreath Silverbrand, the head of the leprechauns. We will grant you those three wishes as promised but first you need to help us with something”. “We don’t have time for that” frowned chorong. “I know but only on fulfilling this i can grant you those three wishes” he shrugged his shoulders. The fairies and knights looked at each other. They were suspicious of his words and left to the side to discuss among themselves. “What do you think? Should we believe him?” asked hayoung. Namjoo agreed it was quite suspicious “But we don’t have a choice” she explained. Naeun agreed “We have to accept the condition only then we can know about stella’s location”. They came to a conclusion together.

“We agree” accepted bomi and told him to proceed. Glarreath smiled at his other friends and turned to the fairies and knights “You might know that we are fond of gold but we can’t go find it as we are busy mending and making shoes. On that our inn isn’t attractive anymore to gain customers. We are in tight, so we require your help. You need to bring the special golden cauldron for us. It is a very valuable possession. Not only that our friends who went in search of gold were injured or returned blind so you need to bring a solution for that too. Don’t worry you can do both once, you know killing two birds with one stone. When you complete the task we will grant you your three wishes as promised” he stated. The fairies and knights agreed to help him. “But where do we find it?” questioned baekhyun. Glarreath disclosed the quotes.

 

The guardian of treasures and priceless possessions,

Gold mines, the king of creatures’ accession.

Holds claws with medicinal properties

A powerful and majestic creature with concealed qualities.

Magical feathers which bring sight to the blind.

A symbol of divine power, not one species it is confined.

 

“Find the treasure for us. We will be waiting at the inn” completed glarreath. The fairies and knights looked at each other watching his carefree attitude. “Looks like we need to find that mine ourselves” sehun commented noticing the leprachauns leaving them and heading to the direction of the inn. “Well, we need to carry on. We don’t have much time”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter