Any Regrets?

A Beautiful Mess

I sat still on the bar stool as I reviewed every face on the dance floor. Local clubs here at Busan were far from Pilot in the Seoul but one thing was pretty much the same: the people were just as crazy.

I spotted Yoochun with Running Bikini Girl from earlier today while Changmin was with Lost Girl. Junsu was on my far left, chatting with a foreign-looking girl who seemed very amused talking to him. Jaejoong and Jooeun sat on a couch of one of the VIP rooms at the far right of the bar; only a curtain of silver beads separating them from the rest of the club.

I flattened my dress against my lap and spun on my stool to face the bar. I leaned against the counter, catching my chin with my fist. ‘Why in the heck is Jung Yunho taking so long in the bathroom?!’ I thought.

“Hey, pretty girl. Can I buy you a drink?” an obviously drunk British foreigner asked me. Jesus. The Jerks Club has gone worldwide. “You speak English? C'mon. One drink.” he insisted.

I finally spotted Yunho making his way through the dance floor. Oh, thank God! Perfect timing as always.

“Only if you buy my boyfriend one too.” I replied to Wasted Bloke. He smirked at me then pointed a finger at my face.

“Unique. Very unique. But you don't have to lie to get rid of me. I can--” Wasted Bloke was cut short when Yunho came to my side and wrapped an arm around me.

“Sorry I took so long. Who's this?” Yunho asked in Korean.

“No one important. Some dude who thinks he can take me back to his hotel room with a drink.” I replied to Yunho in the same language he spoke.

Wasted Bloke raised his hands in surrender. “I get it.” he said and staggered away from me.

“See that? That's what happens when you look too pretty.” Yunho kissed my cheek.

“You owe me a drink for taking too long in the bathroom.” I told him. He raised an eyebrow at me questioningly but ordered a cosmo anyway. I took the glass, raised it for an imaginary toast and took a generous gulp.

“You wanna get drunk tonight?” he teased me.

“Planning on it. You should get drunk too.” I replied then finished the glass.

“You drink a lot for an eighteen-year-old. Can you handle a shot? Maybe two?” Yunho dared me.

“Turning nineteen in three months!” I corrected him with a punch on the arm. “And by the way, it took me two dozen shots of tequila before I passed out on my sweet 18th birthday.” That was a lie. I passed out in the middle of my fifth and that cosmo kind if hit me a bit. See, unlike my brother -- Yoochun -- I have a very low tolerance of alcohol.

“I highly doubt that.” Yunho ordered two shots of vodka. We toasted and downed the tiny glasses in a flash. “Too easy.” He realized. He ordered two shots of tequila, we toasted and threw our heads back.

Damn. I'm tipsy. I am dead sure I am tipsy. This bastard tricked me into that cosmo. So unfair.

“This isn't right! I drank before this contest! This isn't fair!” I called.

“You're right.” Yunho agreed. He took the two new shot glasses from the counter and downed those one after the other. “Is it fair now?” he asked, his eyes starting to get watery.

“Fair.” I smiled as two new glasses arrived. The next thing I know we were bumping into walls, ping zippers, ing buttons and free-falling into bliss.

~*~*~

“I can’t believe the week is over. It went by like that.” Junsu snapped in gesture to his statement. He continued to pack but paused every five seconds to breathe a disappointed sigh. “I didn't even get l--” he stopped himself before he said too much.

Too late for that. I already have an idea.

“Junsu, is it true? I saw this survey that said Korean dudes are the most erted people in the planet.” I blurted. Junsu looked at me, puzzled.

“So I read a few copies of Men's Health and FHM. Yoochun and Appa aren't good at hiding their stash. Based on my observation and my own experiences, I can't say that survey was accurate. It's relative. Who's to say who's erted or not?” I continued.

“Your answers lie in that tiny magic box over there.” Junsu pointed at the television set. “And maybe in Changmin's bag.”

“Funny.” I said. I was still in shock over Changmin's pick-up skills. He gets every girl he talks to. He has this special ability to focus into every girl within his sight and check each and everyone of them out before going in for the kill. Amazing.

“Sunmi. Why are you here?” Yoochun asked, comimg out of the bathroom.

“Do you want me to leave and go back to my hotel room where Yunho could possibly be waiting for me to slip into the shower with him?” I replied. He had this nervous, oh-god-you're-right look in his face.

“Alright. Since you put it that way, stay.” He nodded decisively.

“Goddammit, dude! Running Bikini Girl was mine and you stole her from me!” Junsu blurted.

“First off, her name is Jenna. Second, get over it. Third, I saved your freaking life.” Yoochun defended. “She happens to be a bad kisser and an annoyingly loud moa-- okay, you know what? Bottom line is I saved your duck . I didn't kick it.”

“I change my mind. I'm out of here. You guys are way beyond pathetic. Not to mention disgusting.” I stood to leave but was ignored while the rivals battled with their words. I got out of the YooSu room and entered the door right across the hall: mine and Yunho's.

The room was silent. I was expecting to hear the shower at least. I got up and got ready while Yunho was still fast asleep. I didn't want Yoochun to think that we do everything together. A few corners later I spotted Jung Yunho still lying in bed, sleeping. I muttered a curse and sat on the edge of the bed where he was closer to.

“Yah, Yunho. Wake up.” I called but recieved no response. He was still as a rock but was peaceful as a baby. His hair was messily tousled over tossing. His lips were slightly parted and his chest heaved as he breathed. He was bare under those sheets. We had yet another glorious night. Just thinking about it makes my spine tingle and my insides jump for joy.

I took my time imprinting this image in my head. It was a pleasant change seeing him so peaceful and quiet. He looked happy even though I couldn't see his eyes... those deep brown, mesmerizing eyes. I touched his cheek and kissed his forehead. I had his image permanently stored in my memory. It was my way of thanking him for being my 'subject'.

“Wake up, Yunnie.” I called again.

“Ten... Minutes.. Please...” he murmured.

“C'mon, get up.” I tried to sound as serious as possible.

I got on my feet, dodged a few packed bags, picked up stripped off clothes on the floor and opened the closet doors. I took the hangers of clothes he prepared for today. I turned back around and saw Yunho sit up against the head board of the bed. He rubbed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair. He yawned then threw the sheets aside before setting foot on the carpeted floor.

He sat up and revealed his very self. He always looked extra ripped in the mornings but I was still not used to seeing such hot, y perfection before me. It was just too unreal. My heart started to beat five times a second and my knees were buckling as he staggered towards me. He leaned in to kiss my cheek, smiled a weak smile, bid me a good morning and thanked me. He took the hangers from my hands and entered the bathroom.

I caught myself on a nearby chair and fanned myself with my hand. I cursed and breathed deep yoga fire breaths for ten minutes. Damn, that man knows how to strut his 'stuff'.

A knock on the door and a call from behind the main door disturbed my thoughts. I got on my feet and regained my balance before answering the door. It was a familiar voice so I didn't bother to check the peep hole. I was greeted by Jaejoong's face.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly. It was still very much uncomfortable seeing and talking to Jaejoong even though we were relatively in good terms. He asked where Yunho was and so I replied with “Yu-yu-Yunho's in the -- uh -- bathroom.”

“Oh. We're checking out at one in the afternoon. We'll just meet you guys at breakfast at the lobby.” Jaejoong smiled. “ See you.”

He turned his back at me. I shut the door and leaned against it. I breathed a heavy sigh.

“Everything okay?” Yunho asked. He had a towel over his shoulders and was in his dark blue jeans. He takes quick showers and can get into his jeans in three seconds flat.

“Yeah. That was just Jaejoong. He said we're having breakfast at the lobby.” I replied.

“Oh.” Yunho wore his white t-shirt over his head and slipped his arms into the short sleeves. He sat on the edge of the bed to wear his socks and shoes. “Still awkward, huh? Jooeun's acting weird towards me too. But pay them no mind. It'll pass.” he smiled.

I smiled back in reply.

I hope things do go back to normal... real soon.

~*~*~
I wandered around the apartment in search of something interesting. Jooeun received a call from Yunho's agency about his next 'gallery invasion' as soon as we left Haeundae. The month was nearly up and the gallery where Yunho's work was currently exhibited was getting ready for the next photographer. Jooeun was still Yunho's assistant... until she quit after hearing from the agency. That left Yunho no choice but to attend the meeting with the gallery people this morning... alone.

This . I was all alone in a huge apartment, forced to wait like a dog for its master.

Typhoon barked.

“Sorry. I forgot about you, boy.” I bent to his level to pet him. I clicked my tongue and began to walk to the living room while Typhoon followed.

I sat on the couch, offering Typhoon a spot too. I turned the TV. Awesome. Re-runs of some show called Boys Over Flowers was on. Drama, huh? This isn't the least dramatic... not until somebody dies. Koreans are sad... sad people. The Junpyo dude was sobbing all over the airport floor while his -in-a-Suit asked him to stand up so they could leave.

Two things, Junpyo. One, awesome hair. Two, you cry like you need an Advil.

I could see my future in this show. Yunho could be that Junpyo dude and Junsu could be his -in-a-Suit. Of all the things I fear, it's Yunho crying that I fear the most. I'm afraid it will be too heart-breaking to bear. I'm afraid of leaving him in tears. As much as possible, the last I want to see of him before I go back home is his smile.

I scratched Typhoon behind the ears. “Your daddy left me all alone, boy. So mean.” I complained.

I was officially bored out of my mind. I'm talking to a dog!

“Let's get out of here before Junpyo's hair eats us both.” I got on my feet and Typhoon got on his paws. “ Wanna go for a walk, sweetie?”

As soon as I got Typhoon's leash on, we headed straight into the streets. He was all too eager and was dragging me along the sidewalks. I looked lost and stupid. We didn't fail to draw attention. His wild gray-black-white fur and my clumsy dog-walking skills turned heads.

“Handsome dog you got there.” a voice said as we passed by a café.

“Jaejoong!” I nearly jumped out of my skin once my eyes caught sight of him. “Where's Jooeun?” I stuttered.

“Making last minute preparations. She's heading to Japan.” Jaejoong sipped from his mug. “Have a seat.” He offered.

I sat on the vacant chair in front of him and tied Typhoon's leash on my armrest.

“Want anything?” Jaejoong asked.

I shook my head and smiled weakly at him.

“It's weird. I was just about to go to Yunho's apartment to visit you. I presumed he'd be out for that meeting since Jooeun quit. I wanted to talk to you about something.” he said.

I gulped down hard. . ity . I wanted to get up and leave but I couldn't understand why. It was awkward... but why can't I handle this? I've been in more awkward situations. Why in the hell can't I take this?

“Talk about what?” I replied after a moment of silence.

“I haven't really been able to apologize for what I've done and I haven't explained exactly what happened.” He said.

I shook my head in disagreement. “You don't have to, Jaejoong. Apology accepted.”

“Why aren't you mad at me? You should be really pissed off. You ought to kill me right now. Why aren’t you angry?” Jaejoong demanded. His eyes were blazing with both confusion and annoyance.

“I was angry. But that stage has already past, Jae.” I replied as calmly as possible. I didn’t want to make a scene. “In case you’ve forgotten… we never really committed to anything. I wasn’t your girlfriend.”

“I hurt your feelings. Maybe even broke your heart. After all of that, why aren’t you mad at me? I’m mad at myself! I’m living in guilt here, Sunmi.” he insisted.

I sighed. He really doesn’t get it. I don’t know if he’s being stupid. I don’t know if I’m being logical. I have no idea why in the hell he’s insisting me to get mad at him. That was by far the strangest request I’ve ever heard.

“I told you, Jaejoong. I was mad. I was furious. That’s why I left Halmuni’s house. I got over that anger already.” I explained or at least tried. “You’re making a request that’s too late to ask for.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “Should I be thankful that you’ve gotten over it that quickly? Do I owe Yunho gratitude?”

“I guess you do. Jaejoong, don't think of it as your fault. It was nobody's. Let's just put it behind us, okay?” I assured him.

“Do you love him? Yunho?” Jaejoong was stared at the ground as he spoke. “I guess you always have. I knew you liked me. But I've always known you loved him. I liked you too. Yunho and I always have. Call it kids' stuff but, we really did have feelings for you.”

“Where are you going with this conversation?” I spoke before he said anything else. I wanted to run... hide... escape. Where in the hell is he taking this?

“I don't know, Sunmi. Jooeun makes me happy. She's amazing… but not as amazing as you are. I don't know if I made a mistake. I never meant to hurt you. I don't want to push you away because you mean a lot to me. I don't know what this is.” he placed his elbows on the table, buried his face into his hands and ran them through his hair. He looked confused and annoyed. I didn't know how to react or what to say. I stared at him, trying to predict what he was about to say.

“Sunmi. If you assure me -- really assure me -- that Yunho loves you, that he makes you smile no matter what, that he can and will give you everything you deserve, that he will never hurt you, that he will never let you go... I will stop doubting myself and the way my destiny is leading me.” He looked into my eyes like he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

He was practically putting his life in my hands. I didn't know how to convince him. I had no words to express how much I love Yunho... and how much he loves me. It was the kind of love I've never felt. It was greater than them all. It was beyond real and beyond fantasy. Jung Yunho takes me so high up in the sky, I could touch the stars. How will I assure Kim Jaejoong of all of these?

I looked back into his eyes. “Yunho is everything to me now. I know he loves me. I see it. I feel it. I've been touched by it. I love him. I don't need a reason why or why not. I don't care what happens next or happened before. I assure you, Kim Jaejoong, that he loves me, that he makes me smile, that he'll give me all that I deserve, that he will never hurt me or let anybody hurt me, that he will never let me go. I know this all. And I will do all of these for him too.”