Murder 4

Here Lies the Bride

You had run over to Chan's body and started shaking his shoulders. "Chan, Chan!" Wonwoo made his way over to you, and hugged you tightly. "I'm so sorry.. I know you cared about Chan a lot." Trying your best not to have a full breakdown, you sobbed into Wonwoo's chest. Soonyoung had moved next to Chan's body and was hugging him. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you, Chan-ah.." Vernon and Seungkwan had to combine their strength to pry Soonyoung away from the dead body. Seokmin started moving everyone out the room, and Soonyoung was brought back to his room to get cleaned up.

The whole group moved as one, and waited in Soonyoung's room. He was showering, but everyone tried to ignore the fact that there was more than one sound coming from the toilet. You were handed some tissue, and wiped your eyes. Sniffling, you blew your nose. "We should have been there for him." Seokmin's back was hunched, and like everyone else, he was visibly upset. Mingyu patted his back, trying to comfort him.

"Chan didn't deserve to die. He.. Didn't deserve it at all." Vernon's words sent you back into your sobbing state, and Wonwoo glared at him. "It's getting dark outside." Mingyu stated the obvious, as the sun started to set outside, visible from the window. "What are we going to do about night time? We can't stay awake forever.." Seungkwan lifted his head, "We need to take shifts. In case the killer decides to come into the room, we need to have two people taking shifts at a time." The entire group agreed, and Wonwoo volunteered to take the first shift with you.

"Today was a terrible day." Wonwoo was holding your hand tightly. "Agreed. I- I.. Don't want to lose anyone else, Wonu." He leaned over and kissed your forehead. "I'll do my best to make sure none of us die. I want to protect you guys, but I'm scared." A sad smile crossed your face, "Can we really protect everyone? We already lost.. Him." Wonwoo pulled you into his arms, and squeezed you. "It was tough for all of us, I know. I won't let you die, we'll escape this. All of us."

"Together."

Your shift soon ended, and you passed it onto Vernon and Seungkwan. They managed to stay awake through their shift, then they woke up Seokmin. "Let Soonyoung hyung sleep. He needs it. I'll be fine by myself, I'm just looking at the door anyway." Vernon frowned, but the pair went to sleep.

The room became silent, and Seokmin felt a chill run down his spine. He had a very bad feeling. A loud knock was heard, and Seokmin jolted up. Picking up Soonyoung's floor lamp from before, he pointed it at the door. The door was locked, but he became suspicious. A deep voice emitted from right outside the door.

"Lee Seokmin, if you do not come out of the room, your friends will die. I have a grenade of poisonous gas, and I can throw it in anytime I like. If you come out, I'll spare them.. For now. You have a choice to make. If you stay inside, I will throw the grenade in. You can't save them, no matter how hard you try. You could escape by yourself, and leave them here. The front door is open and unlocked. However, if you come out, there will have to be a consequence, no?"

"You have to die."

"Ten seconds, Seokmin. Will you alone, survive? Or will you sacrifice yourself for your friends?" The voice laughed, a rumbling sound. Seokmin clenched his fists, and said, "You promise? Promise me you won't hurt them." "Even as a murderer, I'm still honest. Come out, and they will live to see another day."

"Time's running out, Seokmin. I'll give you five more seconds."

"Five."

Seokmin bit his lip, and set down the floor lamp.

"Four."

He took one step closer to the door.

"Three."

He reached out for the doorknob.

"Two."

Seokmin smiled, a tear running down his cheek.

"One."

The door was flung open, and Seokmin stepped out. A black figure could be barely made out, leaning against the wall. "You made your choice. Very well. Follow me. If you try to run, I have one of them captive." Seokmin's eyes widened. "You promised-" "Ah, ah. Not any of the ones from your group in there. I found him alone, and cornered him. The ones by themselves.. Are easy pickings." The masked figure walked forward, and Seokmin struggled to keep up.

"In here." A door was open, and Seokmin stepped in. The figure pushed Seokmin further into the room, and shut the door, locking it. "One last thing, Seokmin. Don't you want to see my face? The face of the one who killed Minghao?" A teasing tone was apparent in the figure's deep voice, and Seokmin gritted his teeth. "I do. I want to see the face of the traitor, the one who hurt us all. Show me your true face, you beast." "Very well, Lee Seokmin."

A clatter could be heard as the mask landed on the floor. In the clear moonlight, the figure's face was clearly revealed. Seokmin gasped, and backed away. The figure grinned, and let out a laugh. "Goodnight, Seokmin." The last words Seokmin managed to stutter out, gave away no clue. No one could've heard him, they were all sound asleep.

"You.."

Victim 4: Lee Seokmin


Flashback

"Hey guys." The same victim from so many years ago had changed. Stronger body, stronger mind, stronger willpower. "Hey there, take a seat." Minghao's face had a grin, and he patted the seat next to him. "You guys know.. Why I asked you to come, right?" Jun smiled, facing the group. "I wanted to introduce my long-time girlfriend to you guys, because I'm going to propose. I hope you guys will give us your blessings."

The victim turned around at the sound of bells tinkling. Eyes widening, the victim's brain registered the face of the girl entering the cafe.

"I'd like to introduce to you guys, my girlfriend."

Jun's girlfriend.. was her?


[A/N: Fourth chapter is up!

The questions are:

Who killed Seokmin? Why?
Who's next?
Jun is not the victim. Can Jun really be trusted?

As usual, the same rules apply! Goodluck!

Pffffft. Guys, sorry if you accidentally read chapter 5 before coming here! I'm using my phone to update and it doesn't display the hidden/updated chapters. SENPAI IS SORRY. I'll be publishing that chapter during the weekend/next week.]