Murder 12

Here Lies the Bride

Having finished cleaning his knife, the blonde prepared to leave his hiding place once again. "The girl is tougher than I thought, hmm. There are only four of us left, me, two boys, and the girl." Standing up, Soonyoung opened the door. "Even if I die, it'll all be worth it." Smiling, he twirled his knife as he walked down the corridor, whistling a haunting tune.

"I'll avenge you all, even in the face of death."


"Wonwoo, I didn't tell you about Mingyu's death because I knew you'd react badly at that point in time. You're probably in shock now, which is why you're not throwing a huge fit yet." You patted Wonwoo's head, and he curled himself up in a ball. "He meant a lot to me, and you know that. He was my best friend, the one I depended on the most." He exhaled deeply, "You're right. I'm just in shock, I'll be fine. Promise. Give me some space for a while, okay?"

You moved away, opting to sit next to Vernon on the bed, hopeful about sleep. You heard him sniffle a bit, and you rested your hand on his forehead. Perhaps he'd feel better soon? Leaving Wonwoo by himself to mope, you curled up into a ball yourself, falling asleep.


You were woken up by Wonwoo shaking you, and the loud rattling of the door. Vernon had backed up against the wall, eyes reflecting fear. Wonwoo hissed, "It's Soonyoung, he's outside the door, and he looks crazed." Your eyes widened, and reached out for a weapon. Wonwoo hid under the bed, leaving you to prepare by yourself. I didn't expect that he'd find us, what do I do now.. You thought, wondering how long the door would hold.

"You, get back here!" You heard Soonyoung's voice call out, before his footsteps faded. Using the peephole at the door, you saw the hotel's flooring, and no Soonyoung. Was it possible that he'd just run away and left you?

Wonwoo crawled out from under the bed, and hugged you tightly. "I was so scared he'd get in. Who'd known what he would have done to us?" You patted his back, in an attempt to console him. Vernon was hugging his legs, and the two of you walked over to hug him tightly. You needed to help Vernon out, he was the most scared. What would the future hold for the three of you, with Soonyoung around, and potentially another person around, aka the killer?

You knew that the three of you wouldn't be able to escape together.


It had been hours since Soonyoung had 'visited' you and the other two males, and they were still shivering from fright occasionally. "Guys, I think we need to move. Before he gets us, we have to move." Pulling Vernon up onto his feet, you slapped the boy on his back. "Grab a couple of supplies and put them into a sheet or something. Let's get out of here." Wonwoo took the pillow case and stuffed it with snack packs. Vernon picked up a large bottle of water, and you grabbed another one. "I'll go give a look, and the two of you just go. I can take care of myself, so find another room, I'll trail behind you both."

Opening the door, you handed the bottle of water in your arms to Vernon, and pulled out the knife from its holder. "Whoa, where'd you get one of those?" You head shot up, before facing Wonwoo. "I got it from the kitchen, but I haven't used it yet. Didn't want to have to pull it out against my comrades, right? Too bad I can't say the same now. Hurry up, you two. The password is still the same, don't forget."

Wonwoo and Vernon sprinted down the corridor, completely forgetting your injury.


You managed to find them a while later, and they opened the door for you. "I didn't see Soonyoung, I hope he's given up. I'd hate to have to hurt him." Crossing your arms, you slumped down next to Wonwoo. "Perhaps it's time to face him.. Don't you think?" Wonwoo rested his head on your shoulder, and Vernon closed his eyes. "It's barely evening, Wonwoo. Maybe some rest first would be optimal.."

Slowly closing your eyes, you knew you'd be perfectly safe where you were. With Wonwoo and Vernon curled up next to you, there was no danger at all. Right? Thanks to Vernon's soft snores, and Wonwoo's light breathing, you drifted off into sleep, dreaming of happier times.


Hearing knocking on the door, Vernon jolted up from his sleep. His lips started quivering, and he instinctively reached out for your arms to wake you up. "Hansol, it's me, Seungkwan! Fronting, fronting! Hurry, Soonyoung hyung is going to get me!" Vernon wasted no time in dashing towards the door, ignoring the fact the voice sounded a little strange. He no longer cared. He did not care that he could have endangered himself, he did not care that he could have endangered his friends, the only thing he cared about was that there was a chance Seungkwan was alive, outside, and talking to him! He knew the password, did he not?

Throwing the door open in excitement, Vernon was yanked out, the door shutting behind him. "Surprise, it's me! Did you miss me?" The figure in front of him smiled, shoving Vernon into the hard wall. "You.. It's been you this whole time?" Covering his mouth with his hand, Vernon couldn't hide his shock. "You should feel honoured, that I came to visit you without my mask. Too bad no one else that's alive will know, right?"

"Thank you for being my friend. But I have a goal now, a goal to fulfill the desires of the person that matters to me. Matters more than the rest of you."

"I'm going to hell for this, but maybe you'll go to heaven, no?"

Neither you nor Wonwoo were awoken from your sleep, despite Vernon's loud screams.

Victim 12: Choi Hansol


[A/N: Hi guys, after about 2 months of hiatus (i'm sorry) I have finally made my return with this chapter! Are you excited? There's only two to three chapters left before you unravel the mystery! I'm sorry for any plot holes, it's been a while since I've written much for this story. Any more guesses?

Who killed Vernon?
Who's the real mastermind?
And who's next?

As usual leave your guesses down below, final guesses will be collected from the second last chapter!]