Exhausted

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            I didn’t manage to get any sleep that night, thoughts of embarrassing myself in front of stupid Park Chanyeol running through my mind.  Clutching my violin case in my right hand, I took quick steps and tried not to fall asleep as I walked to school.

            “Eunbyul!” one of the girls from lunch, Jinah, exclaimed, as we both reached the front gate at the same time.  Out of all of the people I ate lunch with, I got along with Jinah the best.  “How are you?”

            “Exhausted,” I muttered.

            “Why?” she asked.

            “Just stupid Ch--never mind.  I guess I was just worried about that English quiz today.”

            Just then, a whole bunch of screams filled the courtyard, and I held my head.

            “Eunbyul, seriously, are you okay?”

            I sighed.  “Just a headache from lack of sleep.  I’ll just take a nap during our break.”

            “Let’s go inside,” Jinah said.  “Screaming means that the Exo guys are here.”

            Jinah you are my life savior. 

            Somehow, I made it through morning classes without passing out, and when the lunch bell rang, I trudged down the hallway, following the crowds toward the cafeteria.  However, as I passed the roof entrance, I was surprised to see the door slightly open.  Looking around (as students weren’t allowed to go on the roof for safety reasons) and seeing no one, I figured that it would be a nice, quiet space to take a nap.

            As expected, the roof was peaceful and slightly chilly (as it was winter), and even though the concrete was horribly uncomfortable, I was too tired to care.  I sprawled out near the wall, set my phone alarm (I figured that I could ditch afternoon classes and still squeeze in some violin practice) and closed my eyes.

            “Kim Eunbyul?”

            Just let me sleep, stranger.

            I vaguely registered the other person chuckling before I passed out completely.

 

<:>

 

            My phone alarm went off, and I rolled over.  The feelings of the hard concrete under my body made me remember that I was on the school roof.  Confused as to why I felt so comfortable, I was surprised to see someone’s blazer wrapped around me.  Sitting up, I looked around.

            “Ah, you’re awake.  I was beginning to think you were dead.”

            “Baekhyun?” I blinked, surprised to see him on the roof.  “Why are you here?  Class ends in five minutes.”

            “Students aren’t allowed in school without their full uniform.” He chuckled.

            Noticing he wasn’t wearing his blazer, my mind finally put two and two together.  “Sorry.  You didn’t have to lend me this.”

            “It’s okay,” he replied with a grin.  “It was interesting, watching a vampire girl finally sleep.”

            “I’m really sorry,” I repeated again.  “You shouldn’t have--”

            “It’s fine,” he said.  “Seriously.  I finally got to experience the feeling of ditching class.”

            “Well, if you’re okay with it...”

            “Did you have a rough night with Chanyeol?”

            I started to cough.  “Huh?  I don’t think we’re close enough to share that...no, even if we were close, I would never--”

            Baekhyun burst out laughing.  “I didn’t mean it in that way, Kim Eunbyul.  I figured you two would sleep separately.”

            “Ah...sorry for jumping to conclusions.” I checked my phone, and my eyes widened.  “Crap, I have to go.”

            “Where?”

            “Just violin practice.” I stood up and stretched, feeling refreshed. 

            “You play the violin?”

            I nodded.  “I may not be the smartest person or the most social person, but I am definitely proud of my violin skills.”

            “I see.  Can I come along?”

            “Huh?”

            His eyes widened.  “Ah, if you don’t want me to, then feel free to say so.”

            “Feel free to come along,” I said.  “About Chanyeol…”

            “He’s...busy.”

            “Busy?” I asked.  “With what?”

            “Soccer…?”

            I scoffed.  “Liar.  That fool can’t kick a soccer ball for his life.”

            “Ah…”

            “Baekhyun, what is Park Chanyeol doing?”

            “He’s...helping some of the guys in 2-A with a group date.  You know, the ones where a whole bunch of girls and guys meet up and socialize?”

            I nodded.  “Oh.”  What is this weird feeling?  I must still be freaking exhausted.

            “But Chanyeol is faithful, so I doubt he would try anything with any of the girls there.”

            “Oh.”

            “Are you...mad?  He’s a great guy, Kim Eunbyul, so he would never--”

            “Why would I be mad?” I asked.  “If you say he’s just helping, then I believe you.  Anyway, let’s go to the music room.”