The View

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            “Wow,” I muttered as I stepped into the apartment.  “He has a lot of stuff.”  Our apartment was on the top floor of the complex, which didn’t surprise me at all.  What did surprise me was that Chanyeol had a freakishly enormous collection of hats and shoes.  I almost died at the front door, almost tripping over all 50 billion shoes, and made a mental note to get a shoe rack.

            The living room was extravagantly furnished (as expected of my parents), and one quick look into the fridge reassured me that we would never have to go out for at least a year.  Amazed, I started to open random doors, and when I got to the bedroom, I was shocked.  Chanyeol stood, with his back toward me (THANK GOODNESS), his shirt off.

            “If you wanted to see me undress that badly, you should have just told me.” He turned around, and I immediately slammed the door shut.

            “I didn’t see anything,” I muttered.  “Didn’t see anything.  My eyes are still pure.  Didn’t see anything.” Flustered and unsure of what to do with myself, I sat down on the couch in the living room, clutching Jin to my chest.

            “You can look now,” Chanyeol called out, and my eyes immediately shut.

            “Hmph,” he continued, “I’m embarrassed too, you know.” I could feel the couch sink next to me.  “Hey, what’s this?” I could feel a tap on the violin case.

            I opened one eye.  “This is my violin.”

            “You play?”

            “No, I carry it around for show.”

            “That’s the dumbest thing--”

            “Of course I play, you idiot.”

            “Play for me.”

            “Huh?” I opened my other eye and turned toward him.

            He pointed to the case.  “I want to hear.”

            “If you want to hear, you should come to see the school orchestra perform.”

            “What school?”

            “Our school.”

            “Our school has an orchestra?” he asked, confused.

            “Yeah.”

            “Does an orchestra have trumpets?” he asked.

            “No.  Well, sometimes we combine with the school band, but otherwise, no.”

            “What about...that one instrument...I forget what it’s called, but it looks like a big...trumpet?”

            “No.” I sighed.  “There are no trumpets, or big trumpets, or medium sized trumpets in the school orchestra.”

            “Well, we’ll see then.”

            I stood up suddenly.  “I’m going to go look at the bedroom.”

            “Why?”

            “I didn’t get to see anything earlier.”

            “But you saw me.  I was the view.” I could almost hear the smirk that came with his unnecessary comment.

            Opening the door, I was surprised to see only one bed (but then again, knowing my parents, I wasn’t surprised).  I placed Jin in the corner of the room near my music stand (I guess the movers had set up the stand already) before flopping down on the bed.  To my right, the entire wall was a window that overlooked the city, and I sighed.

            “As for the sleeping arrangements, I will sleep on the couch,” Chanyeol announced, and I immediately sat up.

            “What?”

            “Did you really want to sleep together that much?” he chuckled.  “I mean, if you do, I have no protests--”

            “That’s not what I meant.” I held a hand up.  “I’ll sleep on the couch.”

            “It’s not good for your joints.”

            “It’s not good for your joints either,” I replied.  “I don’t mind, really.  And if word gets out that the #1 hotshot playboy of SM High School slept on the couch, your rep would be ruined.”

            “Aw.” Chanyeol chuckled.  “You’re looking out for me.  That’s cute.”

            “I just don’t want to die again, okay?” Thoughts of that girl from gym, Songmi, came to my mind, and I shook my head.

            “What?”

            “Nothing.”

            “Anyway, I insist,” he said.

            “I refuse to let you sleep on the couch.”

            “Well, I also refuse to let you sleep on the couch.”

            Mother, Father, Joonmyun oppa, I am so sorry for the words that are about to come out of my mouth.  “Then let’s just sleep together.”

 

<:>

 

            After that embarrassing declaration, I proceeded to lock myself in the bathroom, and I sat with my back against the door and my face in my hands.  Mother, Father, Oppa...what am I going to do?

            “Yah.” Chanyeol knocked on the door.  “Why did you lock yourself in there?”

            “I AM VERY EMBARRASSED RIGHT NOW, THANK YOU.  Please leave me here to wallow in my embarrassment for maybe an hour or a few days.”

            “Why should you be?”

            “I--”

            “I feel honored that even a vampire girl wants to sleep with me.”

            “PARK CHANYEOL!”

            “You’re really cute, Miss Vampire.” I could hear him chuckle.  “Anyway, what do you want to do about dinner?”

            “I...dinner?” I lifted my head out of my hands.

            “Yeah.  I was thinking of inviting my friends over.  Is that okay?  It would probably just be some of the guys you met earlier.”

            “YEAH!” I said, almost a little too enthusiastic.  I figured that the more people Chanyeol invited, the easier it would be to forget my embarrassing declaration. 

            “Invite your friends too.  The more the merrier.”

            I paused.  I didn’t really have any close friends in particular that I wanted to invite.  If I invite the girls from lunch, then they’d never give me a break.  “I’m fine.  Just invite your friends.”

            And that’s how Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, Do Kyungsoo, and Byun Baekhyun ended up coming over.