Because It's the First Night

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            “Yah, why the hell are you guys so polite and quiet tonight?” Chanyeol called out from the kitchen.  I stared hesitantly at him, figuring that I should have been helping (though he reassured me that he could do everything).  Considering his inability to win arm wrestling competitions and his lack of soccer skills, I was quite worried (though I probably wouldn’t have been any better in the kitchen).  But the thought of being in the kitchen with him reminded me of my earlier stupidity, which kept me glued to the couch.

            “We’re in a girl’s house, Chanyeol hyung,” Kyungsoo said.

            “Yah, it’s my house too,” Chanyeol grumbled.

            Baekhyun snickered.  “But you’re just you.  We can’t give Eunbyul a bad impression of us, now can we?”

            “I feel replaced.” He sighed.  “Anyway, can someone help me set the table?”

            “I will!” I exclaimed suddenly, standing up.  Making my way into the kitchen, I passed Chanyeol on his way out and tried to avoid eye contact.  Looking at the cupboards way above the sink, I opened one and was horrified to discover that the plates were on the top shelf.  I internally cursed my shortness before turning around, surprised to find myself staring into someone’s chest.

            “I’ll get those,” Baekhyun said.  He carefully took the plates down from the top shelf, and I tried not to freak out, being stuck between the kitchen counter and Baekhyun.  If my lunch friends knew about my current situation, they’d murder me.

            “T-Thanks,” I replied.

            “No problem,” he said with a grin. 

            I watched as he took the plates to the table, frozen in place.  Then, as Chanyeol walked back into the kitchen, I immediately grabbed the utensils and ran out.  The other guys sent me weird looks, but I didn’t care.

            Dinner was surprisingly good, and I was relieved to find that Chanyeol didn’t at everything. 

            “So what are you going to do, hyung?  It’s your first night in your new house,” Jongin said.

            “Ah, speaking of that, Miss Vampire wants to sleep--”

            I almost choked on my food.  “AHHH,” I interjected, laughing awkwardly.  “I want to have a sleepover with all of you!”  I glared at Chanyeol.

            “As much as we’d like that, we don’t want to bother you two,” Sehun said politely.  “Maybe another day.”

            Chanyeol smirked.  “Why are you lying, Miss Vampire?  You said that you wanted to sleep--”

            “--EARLY because I have a test tomorrow.”

            The other guys sent each other confused looks.  GREAT, now they think I’m really weird.  All thanks to Park Chanyeol.

 

<:>

 

            The guys left around ten, and after Chanyeol and I loaded the dishwasher, I grabbed my pajamas, a towel, and ran into the bathroom again, locking the door.  I spent about twenty minutes in the bathtub, debating my options and my life thus far.

            Why am I getting so worked up about one embarrassing statement?  I don’t even like him in that way.  He’s only teasing me because he feels like it.  If other girls were around, he wouldn’t be talking to me.  Okay, Kim Eunbyul, you can do this.  You just have to wait until he falls asleep, and then you can move to the couch.  No big deal.

            Stepping out of the bathroom, I quickly put my pajamas on and wrapped my hair in my towel.  Opening the door, I immediately hopped into bed and sat under the covers, keeping my eyes glued to my phone.

            “You’re going to sleep with wet hair?” Chanyeol called out as he walked into the room.

            “Yeah.”

            “What if you get sick?”

            “I won’t.” I looked up and was surprised to see him taking off his shirt.  The embarrassment started to kick in again, and I covered my eyes with my hands.

            “Ah.  Sorry.  I usually sleep with my shirt off.  I put it back on, so you can open your eyes.”

            “Oh.  Thanks.”

            “You know,” he said, “when I first met you, I thought that you were really confident because you were an immortal vampire.  But now, I can see that you act just like the rest of us, Miss Vampire.  And that’s cute.”

            I was silent.

            “I’ll sleep on the couch.  Don’t protest.  We have school tomorrow, so you need your rest.”

            “But--”

            “Just for tonight,” he said.  “Because it’s the first night.  Eventually, we’ll be sharing the bed.” I watched as he grabbed a pillow and a blanket and waved.  “Good night.”

            “G-Good night,” I replied.

            “I hope that I appear in your dreams tonight.” He smirked and winked before closing the bedroom door behind him.  “I know that you’ll be in mine.”

            My jaw dropped.  He’s absolutely ridiculous.  And just when he was starting to be nice.