Spider

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            After making sure that the music room was empty (if any of Exo’s crazy fangirls found out that I was alone in a room with Byun Baekhyun, I would be murdered.  And I do like living), I pulled up a chair for him and began to set up my music stand and Jin.

            “This is Jin.” I held the violin up for Baekhyun to see.

            “You...named your violin?”

            I nodded.  “Jin means precious.”

            “Ah…” A mischievous smile briefly passed over his face, and I stared at him, curious.  “Nothing.  Please play something.”

            “Okay.”

            So I began to play the solo I had been working on for a while, and play, and play, until I was completely absorbed in the music.  About half an hour in, my eye briefly caught Baekhyun’s head drooping, and I stopped immediately.

            His head shot up.  “Sorry!  Classical music makes me sleepy.  It was really nice.”

            I snickered.  “Definitely not what you thought you’d be doing on a Friday afternoon, huh?”

            “I guess not.”

            “You can go,” I said.  “I don’t really talk during practice, and you probably have better things to do.”

            “But--”

            “I won’t get offended.” I smiled.

            He nodded.  “Sorry, Kim Eunbyul.  As pathetic as it sounds, I should probably go home and start my homework.”

            “It’s fine,” I replied.  “Since it’s a Friday, I’ll see you on Monday.”

            “See you then.” He waved and left the room.

            I wasn’t sure how long I stayed after that, but when I left the gates, the sun had definitely set.  It was raining decently, not enough to justify the use of an umbrella but enough to wish you had an umbrella. 

            Suddenly, the rain stopped.  “Boo,” someone whispered.

            I looked up, surprised to see an umbrella above my head.  “Chanyeol?”

            “Did I scare you?”

            I scoffed.  “You didn’t even try.”

            “Hmph,” he replied.  “You’re no fun.”

            “Why are you here?”

            “How mean.  And after I left our apartment because I noticed you didn’t take your umbrella.”

            “Shh, someone might hear.”

            “It’s night.  There’s no one around.” He looked around.  “Wait.  Why don’t you want people to know that we’re marr--”

            I reached up to cover his mouth.  “I kind of like living?”  If all of his other fans are as intense as that Songmi girl, I will definitely die before the year ends.

            “Give me your bag,” he mumbled, removing my hand.  “It must be heavy.”

            “I’m fine,” I muttered.  “How was your group date?”

            “How did you find out about that?”

            “Baekhyun.”

            He smirked.  “There were a lot of pretty girls there.”

            I stuck out my tongue.  “If that was an attempt to make me jealous, it’s not working.”

            “You’re one to talk.”

            “Huh?”

            “Baekhyun told me.  All about some guy named Jin.” He glared at me.

            “Huh?”

            “He said you were practicing violin with some guy named Jin.  Is he in your class?”

            I burst out laughing.

            “Yah, Kim Eunbyul.  I won’t go to any more group dates, okay?  So try to stay away from that Jin guy as much as possible.”

            “Chanyeol, you don’t get it.  Jin is--”

            “If he keeps on hanging out with you, he might realize how charming you are and fall for you.  And I’m the one in charge of falling for you.”

            I almost choked.  “Yah.”

            “This rain is dumb,” he muttered, sounding equally embarrassed.  “Let’s walk faster.”

 

<:>

 

            “Don’t you think that the dark is scary?” Chanyeol asked as we rode the elevator.  “Since you stay late at school often, you should text me if you’re scared of walking back alone.  I’ll be there in an instant.”

            “Thank you,” I replied.

            “And don’t ever be afraid to grab onto me,” he added as we walked down the hall.  Reaching the door, he opened it and turned back to me.  “Seriously.”  He walked in first.  “If there’s something that scares you, I’ll be there to pro--KYAAAAAAA!”

            I pushed through the door immediately, surprised to see that Chanyeol had fallen on the ground.  “What the hell?  Are you okay?”

            “I saw…”

            “What did you see?” I asked, immediately reaching for my phone.

            “A...spider.”

            It took a few seconds for it to sink in, but once it did, I started to laugh.  And laugh.  And laugh. 

            “Don’t...laugh at me,” he grumbled, standing up.  “I wasn’t even that scared.”

            “You curled up into a ball on the floor.”

            “For your information, I tripped--”

            “Look, it’s over there.” I pointed.

            “AHH!” He grabbed my arm.

            “Oh.  Just joking.”

            “Don’t scare me like that!”

            “So you were scared.”

            “Is it still there?” he asked.

            I scanned the doorway.  “Nope.  All gone.”

            “You aren’t scared of spiders?”

            I shrugged.  “How big was it?”

            “Like...really big!”

            I raised an eyebrow.

            He sighed, defeated.  “Like...the size of an M&M candy.”

            “Then I’m not scared.” I placed my backpack down on the couch.  “In any case, I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”

            “But what if it crawls into the bedroom?” he asked.

            “Then you can sleep on the couch tonight.”

            “But what if it crawls on the couch?”

            “Yah, Park Chanyeol.  What do you want me to do?”

            “Please?”

            I closed my eyes in thought.  He actually looks really scared.  “Fine.  We’ll share the bed.  It’s big enough for two people.  There will be a wall of pillows in the middle.”

            “Thank you!” He grabbed me in a hug.  “You’re my savior.”

            “So much for going to you whenever I’m scared, huh?” I muttered.  “Anyway, I’m going to take a shower--”

            “WAIT!” he exclaimed.  “What if the spider comes out while you’re in the shower?”

            “Then use this.” I handed him a newspaper.  “And either kill it or take it outside.”

            “EUNBYUL!  DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THE MONSTER!”

            “I’M JUST GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER, DAMMIT!”

            Seriously, what do girls see in this guy?