That's a Beetle

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            “Did you see it in there?” Chanyeol asked as I exited the bathroom, hair wet.

            “Nope.”

            “Are you lying to me?”

            I sighed.  “I did not see it in there, Chanyeol.”

            “Watch me take a shower.”

            My face reddened.  “EXCUSE ME?”

            “Please!” He begged.  “I’ll just put on my swim shorts!  You’ve already seen me shirtless, so what’s the big deal?”

            “I highly doubt that a spider will scare you in the bathroom.”

            “Eunbyul, I am risking my pride as the #1 playboy of SM High School.  Please.”

            I sighed.  Mom, Dad, Oppa, I’m so sorry.  “Fine.  But this isn’t going to become a daily thing.”

            “Thank you!” He ran off into the bedroom and was back in an instant.  He hopped into the shower, and I sat at the doorway, in disbelief.  He’s like a grade school kid.  How can any of the girls at our high school find him mature and y?

            “KYAAA!”

            You’ve got to be kidding me.  “Where is it?”

            “It’s here!  It’s on my shampoo!  Eunbyul, do something!”

            I walked up to the shower and tentatively opened the curtain.  Chanyeol stood, pressed into the wall, pointing at his bottle of shampoo in fear.  I peered closer, and I started to chuckle.

            “WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?”

            “That’s not a spider.  That’s a beetle.”

            “I HATE BEETLES TOO!”

            I grabbed the shampoo bottle, and the beetle opened its wings and flew out of the door.

            “ARGH IT FLIES!” Chanyeol screamed.

            “Well,” I replied, handing him his shampoo, “at least it’s not in the bathroom anymore.”

            “Eunbyul!  It was on my shampoo!”

            “Then just use mine!” I grumbled.  “I’m leaving now.”

            As I shut the door, I smiled and thought to myself, At least I know he wasn’t lying about a bug.

 

<:>

 

            “Wow, your shampoo makes my hair feel really soft,” Chanyeol said as he exited the bathroom.

            “I already set up the pillow wall.” I watched as he examined the sheets before tentatively crawling under them.

            Turning to me, he said, “Thanks.”

            “The point of this pillow wall is to separate us.  I will not go onto your side of the pillow wall, so you will not go onto my side--”

            “KYAAAA!”

            Suddenly, I felt myself smashed under Park Chanyeol’s body.

            “SO MUCH FOR RULES.”

            “EUNBYUL IT’S FOLLOWING ME I SWEAR.”

            “GET OFF.” I pushed, but because he failed to let go of me, I ended up on top of him.  Our faces were inches apart, and it would’ve been really embarrassing if he wasn’t so scared and I wasn’t so pissed off.  Looking over, I saw the beetle on the bed sheet and reached out my hand to grab it.

            “ARGH!” Chanyeol screamed.

            “ YEAH!” I exclaimed.  I could feel the beetle in my hand.  “Yah, Park Chanyeol, do you want to see?”

            “NO, I DON’T WANT TO SEE!”

            “It’s bigger than I thought.” I grinned.  Realizing I was still on him, my smile fell, and I cleared my throat.  “Anyway, I’ll be getting rid of this now.”

            “Please…”

            Rolling off the bed, I went to the window, opened it, and let the beetle go.  I turned around and walked to the bedroom door.  Opening it, I was shocked to see my brother with his mouth open and eyes wide.

            “Um…?” I said.  “Oppa?  What are you doing here?”

            “Mom gave me a key to drop off some food, but...I’m sorry.  Was I disturbing something?  I’ll leave--”

            “Oppa?”

            “Eunbyul-ah, I’ll come back later...and I’ll make sure to call far in advance--”

            “Oppa, wait.  You weren’t disturbing anything.  Chanyeol and I were just--”

            “I don’t need to know about your bedroom adventures with your husband,” he muttered.

            I held up a hand.  “Hold on, oppa, I think you’re misunderstanding.”

            “I mean, you guys are both adults.  I’m at fault here for showing up unannounced.” He turned around.

            “Oppa, wait!  There was just a bug--”

            “Lalalalala I can’t hear you, Eunbyul-ah.” He put his hands over his ears, put his feet in his shoes, and left.  Face red, I turned around and walked right into Chanyeol.

            “Was that hyung?” he asked.  “I should’ve said hi.”

            “He…”

            “Huh?”

            “He thought we were having .”

            “What?”

            “I AM SO EMBARRASSED.  AGAIN.”

            He began to laugh.  “Well, he probably heard us screaming.  And your hair is really messy, and your clothes are all wrinkled.  And your face is adorably red.”

            “ALL THANKS TO YOU.”

            “If he asks next time, I’ll explain.” He patted me on the head.  “Anyway, I set up the pillow wall again.”

            I mumbled, “Look at you, being all nice.”

            “When am I not nice?”

            Scoffing, I turned around and got under the covers.  Pulling them up over my head, I could feel the bed sink on the other side of the pillow wall.

            “Thank you for getting rid of the beetle for me.”

            “You were heavy.”

            “Sorry,” he said.

            “I accept your apology.”

            “You looked really cool when you caught the bug.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “I don’t need your flattery.”

            “Aw, you’re so cute.” He reached a hand over the pillow wall, and I pushed it away. 

            I turned the other way so that he wouldn’t be able to see that my face was horribly red.  “No crossing the wall.”