Living Together?

Vampire Girls and Playboys

            After leaving the nurse’s office, I went back to my classroom to retrieve my stuff.  To my surprise, Park Chanyeol sat at my desk, casually swinging my backpack back and forth.  When I entered, he stood up.

            “Hi.”

            “Give that to me.” I pointed.

            “Aw, we’re married.  At least say ‘hi’ back.”

            I sighed.  “Hello.  Now give that to me.”

            “You’ll have to reach it if you want it.” He grinned and held it above his head.

            So I turned and walked out of the classroom.  From the sound of the footsteps, I could tell that Chanyeol followed close behind me.  I wondered how far he would trail behind me.

            “Do you walk home?” he asked.

            “Sometimes.”

            “What about your driver?”

            I shrugged.  “We don’t have one.”

            “Then how do you get around?”

            Turning around, I waited for him to catch up to me.  “Well, I mostly walk.  Sometimes I use public transportation.  And when my brother isn’t busy, he takes me around.”

            “But you’re rich.  Why would you walk or take the bus when you could be driven around?”

            “I like to live simply,” I replied.  “And why are you walking with me?”

            “This is my apology.”

            “For what?” I scoffed.

            “For gym.”

            “What about it?”

            “Baekhyun said that you spent the rest of the day in the nurse’s office.  I thought you were lying.”

            “Forget about it.”

            When we reached my front door, Chanyeol handed me my backpack.  “Consider yourself lucky,” he said.  “You’re the first person to have your backpack carried by me.”

            I scoffed.  “That’s what you say to all of your girls, right?”

            “Honest.”

            “Well, whatever,” I replied.  “Thanks for walking home with me.  I’ll see you at school tomorrow.”

            “Ah…that reminds me.”

            “Wha—”

            He held out a pink flower.  “I picked this when you weren’t looking.  I thought it suited you.”

            I stared at it for a second before it registered that a guy was giving my flowers, and I coughed to hide my embarrassment, looking away.  No.  You are not blushing because of Park Chanyeol.  He’s just an idiot.  “Thanks.”

            He smiled.  “Great!  I wasn’t sure if you’d like it or not, since you’re a vampire and all…”

            “Yah—”

            “I know,” he replied, grinning.  “I was just joking.”

            “Get lost already,” I grumbled, turning around.

            “Don’t miss me too much.”

            Only when the door was shut behind me did I allow myself to grin a little.

 

<:>

 

            Unfortunately, that happiness didn’t last long.

            “What do you mean, living together?”

            Mom shrugged, placing a few dishes into the sink.  “Exactly what you think it means.”

            “So you’re going to let your eighteen-year-old daughter move into a new apartment with a strange man?”

            “He’s not a strange man, Eunbyul.  He’s your husband.  And you’re both adults.”

            “We’re still high school students!”

            “We went apartment shopping with the Park family while the two of you were at school.  We’ve also had most of your stuff already moved to your new apartment.”

            “What about Jin?” I asked immediately.

            “We didn’t move your violin.  I figured that you’d want to bring it yourself.”

            A little backstory: Jin is my violin’s name.  I’ve had Jin for a few years now (although I’ve been playing the violin since I was young, you have to get bigger violins as you grow up), and he definitely has the best musicality out of all of my previous violins.  Anyway, back to the topic.

            Mom continued, “Your new apartment is closer to school, anyway.  You won’t have to lug your violin case around as much.”

            “...Fine.”

            “I just finished preparing some kimchi for you and your husband.  Joonmyun will come to pick you up and drop you off at your new apartment.  If you need anything, feel free to call--”

            “Hold on,” I replied.  “You make it sound like I’m never coming back here.”

            Mom chuckled.  “It’ll take some time to adjust, Eunbyul.  You’re always welcome here, but it’s time for you to become an adult.”

            “Hmph.” I grumbled.

            “Go upstairs, and grab your violin before Joonmyun comes.  He should be here any minute now...”  The sound of a car pulling up in the driveway came from outside, and Mom smiled.  “There he is.  Always on time, as usual.  Eunbyul, your brother is very busy.  Please hurry upstairs and take whatever else you might want.”

            “But…”

            “We’ll have the rest of your stuff moved as soon as possible.”

            I sighed and turned around.  Running upstairs, I opened the door to my bedroom and noted how empty it was.  Mom had actually moved about 99% of the stuff I owned, and I reached down to grab Jin.

            Even though I was pissed about the move, there wasn’t really anything I could’ve done about it.  And I was glad that Mom didn’t put the violin in the moving truck.

            “Eunbyul!”

            “Coming!” I replied, slamming my bedroom door shut behind me.  I ran down the stairs, waved to Mom, and had one foot out of the door before Mom stopped me.

            “Don’t forget the kimchi!” she yelled,

            I nodded.  “Right.”

            “Ready to go?” Joonmyun asked, stepping out of the car.

            “Yeah.” I forced a smile onto my face.

            “I never thought that my cute little sister would end up getting married before me.” Joonmyun sighed as we pulled out of the driveway.

            “Neither did I.”

            “Your new apartment is closer to my office,” Joonmyun said.  “So if you need anything, or if he pisses you off in any way, call me.”

            I chuckled.  “Wow, so this is the feeling of having an oppa.”

            “I’m serious, Eunbyul.”

            “I know.”

            Joonmyun pulled up next to a humongous building, and my jaw dropped.  “Well, this is it.” He then drove into the parking garage and parked the car close to the entrance.  I stepped out, being careful not to damage Jin.

            “Do you want me to walk upstairs with you?  I think that your husband should already be there...”

            I shook my head.  “No thanks, oppa.  I know you’re busy.  Thanks for dropping me off, though.”

            “Okay.” Joonmyun nodded.  “But seriously, Eunbyul-ah, if he messes around with you, you remember the self-defense moves I taught--”

            “Yeah yeah,” I replied, rolling my eyes.  “Balls first.”

            “Good.  Then I’ll see you later.”

            I waved and smiled as Joonmyun pulled out of the parking garage before turning around with a sigh.  Looking at Jin in his violin case, I sighed.

            “Here we go.”