Chapter 5: Proposal Under Cherry Blossom

Endless Love [ EXO fanfic ]

Author P.O.V

Click!

After the shop was locked and double-checked, Soyun and her oppa, Joong Ki rode their own bicycles to their home. It was midnight they finished their shift for tidying the storage room and kitchen before they closed the shop. Soyun's face looked so pale as the cold midnight breeze hit her small body. Unlucky for her, she just wore her dress which she mistook the clothes that morning.

"Oppa, can we just walk? We getting near to our home though, ne? 너무 추워... (neomu chuweo..)ne?" So Yun spoke out of sudden breaking the silence between them.


"Arrasso"

Both of them walked side by side on the quite roadside while they were chatting with each other. This are their daily routines. So Yun with her own school stuffs and problems and Joong Ki on the other side with his college's assignment and examination. "Yah, 괜첞아? (Gwenchanha?).. you look so pale that I can see through you" Joong Ki joking but he was anxious about his sister. Worries painted all over his face. So Yun just shook her head and flashed a big grin on her face to convince her caring big brother despite her freezing condition.

Their house was far down the neighbourhood, away from wealthy and rich neighbours and houses area. A few more houses, and they arrived in front of their gate. Joong Ki inserted the key into the keyhole and unlocked them before got into the warmth of their house. "엄마.. omma!! We're home!" Joong Ki called out their mother as they entered the cozy living room.

"왔어?! (Wasseo).. change your clothes first then eat your dinner. I've made you guys some food. Arrasso?" Mrs. Kim shooed her children to their room as she just came out from dim lighted kitchen in her pink apron. Mrs Kim shooed her children to refreshed themselves before offered them her home cooked meal as their dinner. After both of So Yun and Joong Ki changed into their pajamas, they joined their mother for dinner and chatted all the night. Laughs, jokes and happiness only that Soyun could felt around her beloved ones. Indeed, home sweet home.

 

NEXT DAY


"Ahhhhhh!!!!! Im late!!" Soyun groaned after she found out hoe late the time is. Mrs. Kim just shook her head and shrugged her shoulder hearing So Yun in the kitchen, doing her usual routine.

"Omma!!!! Why you don't wake me up!!" So Yun's annoyed voice echoed through the house. Mrs. Kim shook her head for nth time hearing her daughter's yellsan d shouts from the kitchen as she just chopped the fish head on the counter. Not like her daughter, her son, Joongki entered the kitchen as he was yawning and stretching his body.

"Morning omma^^" her eldest child greeted her as he passed by her mother before marched to the fridge. Soyun barged into the kitchen 5 minutes later as she tied her wavy hair into high ponytail. She grabbed her already packed lunch and shoved her breakfast (as usual =__=") before she pecked her mother's cheeks, giving a brief hug as well. She hopped on her bicycle and started pedalling crazily to the shop, her daily boring+tired routines.

AT THE SCHOOL

Soyun P.O.V

On our way to the cafeteria, as Jin Hee and Haru were chit chatting or may I say badmouthing about that witch [¤]_[¤], while me on the other hand was thinking about what just happenned in our Biology class earlier betweeen their chats.

Flashback

"Okay,today we will learn about aerobic and anaerobic respiration of....bla bla "Mr. Yoo pointed the heart moldel as he explained how the respiration of heart occured. I took notes on every single explaination that necessary or important onto my small notebook.

"Psst! Psst! Psst!"

Oh my god!! Such a disturbance!! Can't you see Im trying to learn right here!!!!

I turned my head toward the voice,still searching the owner..Left...right...

Where is it?? Maybe I heard it wrong.. "Psst..psst...psst!!"

Thats it.. just ignore it So Yun.. stay focus..I had to hypnotize myself like this. Do I Have to?? Ah..wae???

"Psst.. So Yun..psst! Over here.. hey"I admitted that I started to get annoyed with that voice. Isearched the emitted sound source until I turned my head to the owner and I saw him.Its him. The one who I want edn to avoid most among of them. The one who would be the last person on my list whom I don't want to know and messed with.

Park . Chan . Yeol

Im so dead after this..

I could feel the girls'stares and glares started piercing through me. If stares could kill and glares could burn.. I'm sure I must have been burned into ashes now. So dead. I turned my attention toward him ignored the satres from the jealous girls as I asked him in monotone. "What do you want?" My eyes bored into his sternly as I put on a frown on my face. He just grinned and started to write something on a piece of paper. I just ignored him and paid my attention back on the lesson ahead me. A moment later, a neatly folded paper was thrown to me. Knowing whose that from. I just picked it and put it aside on the edge of my table before continue writing my note.

"Hey..psst... hey.."

Oh my god!! Please give me your mercy!!  I turned my head, once again to Chan Yeol with a frown vaguely painted on my forehead toward his direction. He just gestured to me so that I open that folded paper. "I'll open when we done with the lesson..could you wait untill that? I promise I will read it, okay?" Still lowering my voice, I tried to persuade him. Finally, after he got my messages, we back to our lesson.

End of Flashback

After two and half hours..

Me on the other side, remembered about the promise I've made with Chan Yeol two hours ago, I opened the folded paper and it read..

Hello So Yun.. sorry for disturbing you. Can we meet? I'll be waiting for you at the bench under Cherry Blossom tree this recess. I hope you would not let me down..
~sincerely, Park Chan Yeol~

Okay... what is all of these mean? He.Want.To.see.Me? Is he kidding me?

I just kept the letter in my pocket of my school blazer when Haru and Jin Hee came and asked me about our lunch menu.well I guess we three should be quick before that witch come and start 'toying'with me @_@. I stood at our usual table while waiting them to buy they food for our lunch.

Should I go? What if it just a prank or trap? But he doesn't seem a bully to me..should I trust him? Well could I?

"Yah,So Yun! I noticed that you are quite silent today,its like there is something disturbing you" Jin Hee asked me suddenly as we were walking our way to the library. Then Haru on my left side stopped her tracks and turned me around. She then leaned in closer to my face. So close that I can count her pimple-born-to-be on her forehead. Her eyebrows was lifted up. Luckily Jin Hee took me from her. Thanks Jin Hee!!

As all of us got our tray and we were in our way getting our lunch, the cafeteria was full of 'ah' and 'oh', once again..+_+ as usual.. those EXO guys have entered the cafe. In seconds, they became attention. As all those girls gawked and dazed of their existence, I tried to look for the Chanyeol over the place.

Where is he? Oh god dont tell me he really wait for me?!Soon I became restless as the thought popped out in my mind.Guilty started to build in me and I decided to meet him, just for awhile. Yes thats it just for awhile. I turned to my friends in front of me before I told them,"Girls, I forgot that Mrs. Bae want to see me after the previous class so I will skip lunch today."

"Why suddenly." Haru started to pout toward my direction as she put aside the tray to her side at a snail's pace. I was about to apologize before Jinhee hold my hand and mouthed an okay to me."Haru, just let her'

I just mouthed sorry and motion sorry to them simultaneously before leaving the rowdy cafe. I fastened my pace as I reached the park tried to search Chan Yeol. I couldn't ignore the fact taht Cherry Blossom trees were blooming here and there right in front my eyes eventhough my eyes was busy searching for the tall giant. After a few minutes I found the bench under the mentioned cherry tree earlier. That bench was the only one among benches in the park is located under the Cherry Blossom tree. this familiar bench also my friends and I would spend time together. My lip slowly crept into a small smile as I thought about our memories together.

After a couple minutes I stood there waiting for Chanyeol, I sat on the bench with a reddened face and dissapointment filled my face.

I knew it!! It is a prank.. this bully.. how dare you !!!

"You're here."A hoarse yet familiar voice greeted me from behind. I turned toward him and crossed my arms over my chest.

AUTHORS POV

So Yun shifted her body toward the owner which just behind the tree."Youre passed ! and Im glad you come^^"

"You're put me on wait on purpose didn't you!" she yelled with a soft tone as her fore finger pointed toward Chanyeol. Chan Yeol took a few step closer before sat beside her. He took out a small jar of cookies from his pocket and ate them. So Yun'eyes followed his motion, even imagined herself eating those cookies. Poor girl.. (hoho)

Gurgurrrrgruuu

Curse this stomach!! I command you to shut your sound!!

"You havent eaten yet?"Chanyeol asked the girl beside him as his eyes never left from his phone screen."Aha.. about that, well thanks to SOMEONE.. " Soyun blurted out sarcastically as she cross her arm over her belly attempted to voulme down the growling sound from her stomach.  Chanyeol caught what she tried to say when Soyun emphasised SOMEONE just now. Without hesitation, he held out a cookie with his plump lip in front of now wide-eyed Soyun. Soyun looked at him with a questioned look.

Shes pretty cute^^ Chanyeol thought to himself before signalled her to bite the cookie. Unexpectedly she did, took out from his mouth before ate the cookie, which made his heart more flutter."Okay . So what the reasons you ask me to meet you here that I have to skip my lunch?!" So Yun scolded Chanyeol with full of cookies. The latter just giggled before continuing fed her cookies."Calm down girl..keke ㅋㅋㅋ"

So Yun crossed her arm before she pouted toward Chan Yeol. She didn't care about those passer by at that moment as her pale face now totally reddened as tomato.

This boy.. Arghhhh!! (@#$#!!

"So what do you want from me?" So Yun asked the guy beside her after a moment of silence between them. Chan Yeol had finished with his cookies as well as So Yun.She turned her head toward him for once before looked toward the opposite direction once again.Chan Yeol just giggled at her action before leaned his back on the bench with both his arm resting on his head.

Aigoo.. the class is going to start soon. Aish!Soyun kept looking her watch as her feet kept dancing along her side. As So Yun took a glance of her watch for the nth time, she nearly shout as unexpected word came out from him.

"I want you to be my girlfriend"

......

"YOU WANT ME WHAT?!"

Korean Magic Dictionary

엄마.. omma!! : mom

괜첞아? (Gwenchanha?): are you alright?

너무 추워... (neomu chuweo..: its really cold