The family

To protect the unwilling
“Mind telling me why the girls sounded really happy when I got home and literally pushed me into your room?” Yuri said as she leaned against the doorway of his room, looking at the blond man with closed eyes, laying on his bed. She knew he wasn't asleep, simply because his breathing pattern was different while he was asleep, it was slightly lighter and breathier, not to mentioned that he is actually a cuddle person when he was sleeping.

He opened his eyes slowly and turned his head toward his sister. He saw Jessica pass by behind her, and quickly took a glance at him. His eyes narrowed and Yuri turned around to see what he was looking at. She had felt something pass her and stared at the quickly retreating blonde haired woman. She was smiling widely when she turned back to her brother. “Something happened with princess over there?” She asked him, her mischievous sparkle returning to her for the first time in weeks.

“No!... I mean, yes... I ... I don't know Yul. Close the door.” Yuri frowned, she was only teasing, but he sounded serious. She closed the door behind her, not before spotting Yunho passing by. She gave him a quick nod and closed the door firmly. She headed towards Jaejoong's bed and sat on the edge. He scoot over and she laid beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. They didn't get to have a sister-brother moment for a while now, ever since the two moved in with them. “So oppa, spill.”

“I kissed her.”
“You what now?” Yuri looked up at her brother with wide eyes. 'He kissed his charge?'
“I kissed her.”
“How did that happen? You've never been one to do something without thinking, so what's the reason behind that?”
“No reasoning, it looked... right... felt right.” Yuri's eyes softened, nothing felt right to them anymore. If JaeJoong felt that what he did was right, then who was she to judge him? “Do you like her oppa?”

He stared at his younger sister while her stare on him remained unwavering. “She's... unique.”

'Enough said.' “Well then oppa, I approve. She might be a little bit clumsy, ok very clumsy, but hey, if you love her!” Yuri barely suppressed a squeal as she ducked his thrown pillow and hurried to the door. She was laughing and so was he.

“Hey Yuri?”

She turned back to look at him. “Yes?” She was kind of expecting a pillow to the face by now.
“Talk to Yoona. She sounded...” JaeJoong trailed off. Yuri looked at him for a moment, the smile threatening to fade before it came back full force.
“Am I a psychiatrist now? Talk to JaeJoong, talk to Yoona! Oppa! who's going to talk to me?” Yuri pouted. He chuckled and said, “I'm always here. Pabo.”He threw the pillow into her face and she caught it effortlessly. She hid her face a moment, and slowly moved her head sideways, away from the pillow. Her smirk freaked him out a little bit, “Not if you are crazier than I am oppa.” She threw the pillow at him and ran out. She slammed the door behind her and smiled. 'Oppa.'

She walked towards the kitchen where TaeYeon, HyoYeon, Yunho and Jessica sat around the table, a cup of tea in their hands. Her first words were, “He's fine.” to TaeYeon and HyoYeon who visibly deflated in relief but she quickly glanced at Jessica with a discreet smile. The blonde saw it and ducked her head to hide the coming blush. “Now Yunho-ssi, do you think you can handle these two for a while longer.”

“How long?” He was already dreading his answer. She must have heard a certain kind of desperation in his voice because she said in a tone that reminded him of a mother. “Not long Yunho-ssi, not long.”She turned to the cousin, and raised an eyebrow, “I'm expecting you two to behave. Can I count on you two for that?” They both nodded innocently. Yuri had an 'yeah right' expression on her face and shook her head.

She had a sister to see, and probably sort out. She wasn't going to deal with this right now. “I mean it girls.” She threw over her shoulders before heading out of the door.

---------

Yuri slowly drove up to the mansion where she spent her childhood. She didn't come over as often anymore, at least, not to see her family. When she passed the gates and stopped her car in front of the gate, she got out and looked up at the beautiful residence in front of her. Looking at specific places would bring back memories of her mother, a flashback of them playing in the front lawn, and another of her drenching her mother with the hose. She sighed and closed her eyes behind her sunglasses. Taking a deep breath, she walked away from her car, nodding at the servant who opened the door. 'Right, we have more servants now, since Umma isn't here to do chores...' She still wasn't used to have that many people working for them, even if it all happened years ago.

When she stepped in, she took in the rich decor, and quickly passed it all. Walking up the large staircase, she knocked on one of the many doors, this decorated with girly insignias and all that her younger sister represented. “Who is it?” She heard a breathy voice call out. 'That sounds like tears.' Yuri frowned. 'Who made my little sister cry?' She was strangely much more protective of JiYoung's twin sister than she was of SeoHyun, their baby sister. SeoHyun was very mature for her age while Yoona was, a Kwon version of Jung Krystal, she did not know how else to put it. “It's me Yoona, it's Yuri.”

“Unni?” The tan woman heard her sister scramble to open the door on the other side. Her sister was also clumsy at times, when she rushed for things. The door opened, and she felt air pass by her, blowing her hair back. Yoona was a very strong girl, and the gust of wind that came with the door's opening made Yuri close her eyes slightly. When she opened her eyes again, Yoona had already jumped on her and was hugging her tightly. Yuri did not stumble and took it in stride. “I guess you missed me?” The younger of the two glared at her through teary eyes and it did not take a genius to understand that she was angry that Yuri didn't visit often. The latter sighed and patted her back softly, gently pushing her back into her room.

When they finally settled into the sitting area in Yoona's room, Yuri looked at her younger sister. The people in their family has always been tall, Yoona was no exception. Yet, to Yuri, her sister looked very small at the moment. She could see dried crust in the corner of her eyes and fresh tears still falling. “Why are you crying Yoong?” Yuri's arms were still around her younger sister whose tears were soaking into her designer shirt already. 'It was so last season anyways.' That was something Yuri could hear Yoona say if she was in her right mind.

“I messed up...”
“What do you mean Yoong?” Using her nickname calms her more than her real name, that way, she knows that Yuri wasn't angry with her. Yuri was holding Yoona still, but was making the younger one look at her.
“I told oppa, JaeJoong oppa, that...” The tanner of the two was already dreading what was to come. Yoona often spoke without thinking and that often got her in trouble. Considering how quiet the mansion was, she assumed that all her siblings, their charge, and her father was out. Hopefully, Yoona wasn't the reason. “What did you tell JaeJoong oppa?”
“I was mad, and Krystal was invading our privacy, and I was with Taec- and-”
“With who now?”
“Taec-oppa, and-”
“Ok Taecyeon? Of the Anh clan?”
“Unni, please don't focus on the who but on the what here!”
“Does JiYoung know that you are seeing Ok TaecYeon?”
“Yes but-”
“But what? And he let you?!”
“Why do you all think alike?! You, JiYoung oppa and JaeJoong oppa!”
“Because we care about you! Because we think smart! Yoona, that man is dangerous for you and for the family!”
“You all say that! For the family! What about me? He is a caring man and he is gentle, and nice and-”
“And what? He's not all that good, he has killed countless times before!”
“And so have you!”

The two sisters fell into a tensed silence. Yoona with her eyes wide and Yuri with hers closed. “If... If you said that to me, what did ... did you say to JaeJoong oppa?” Yuri asked calmly, taking deep breaths in between. Yoona looked down in shame, 'What the hell is wrong with me? Getting worked up against my family?!', she hesitated and sighed. “I .... I said that he wasn't...”
“Wasn't what Yoona?” Yuri asked her sister coldly. The latter flinched, her sister always called Yoong, rarely ever Yoona. 'She's pissed.'
“I said that he wasn't my brother...”

Silence ensued again. The two Kwon stayed silent, taking in the implications of what she said.

----------

“Where has she gone to, this time?” Yunho asked his sister as they walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Jessica, who was still blushing from earlier on, looked at her brother and smirked. “What?” He asked her. “You miss her, you worry about her!”

“He worries about who?” TaeYeon asked as her cousin and her walked into the room too. 'They're still following me!' Yunho thought, having seemingly forgotten that they were his bodyguards for the day. 'Oh he is so thinking about Yul!'thought the younger of the two cousins. “No one!” He said, it was just a little too urgent, a little too panicked for them to believe. It was then that Yunho's phone rang. 'It's YooChun.'

“Hey YooChun.”
“Hyung! Haven't heard from you in a while so I called.”
“How are you?” Yunho glanced at them, nodded and left for his room. His phone still plastered to his ear. He was surprised none of his friends had called him, up until now.
“Fine, hey I was wondering, what are you doing tonight?”
“Nothing, your suggestion has given me no life.”
“My suggestion?”
“Yes, my so called bodyguards!”
“Oh! So who is guarding you? Is it one of the daughters cause I heard that they were all hot!”
“YooChun!”
“Sorry Hyung... So? Who?”
“The eldest daughter!”
“Lucky you Hyung! She's apparently the hottest, since the other two were more innocent beauties!”

'Yuri definitely is hot.' Yunho shook himself out of it, remembering Boa's glare, “YooChun! You asked what I was doing tonight?”
“Oh Yeah! Drinks! Changmin, Junsu and I wanted to go for drinks at New Town! You want to come?”
“Junsu?”
“Oh yeah, you never met him, he's a friend of mine! So?”
“Sure why not. Just let me inform my bodyguard!”
“That sounded... natural for you to say Hyung!”
“Don't remind me. I think I am getting too used to this.”

---------

Yuri stood up. Yoona looked at her. The first didn't look back as she walked towards the door silently. She wasn't sure what she was feeling right now, it just wasn't pleasant. She was very protective over her older brother, he didn't have a good childhood before he found them, and she had to say that what they gave him wasn't any more human. She knew he had issues, and family was a big one. She only hoped that what Yoona said wasn't going to hurt JaeJoong too much. He didn't look too concerned by that when she left, he was more concerned by Jessica. Anyhow, she knew that if it bothered him, he wouldn't voice it to Yoona, but her instead, and their motto was, sadly, if their missions doesn't get affected, then it's all good.

Patience with Yoona's words was something JaeJoong and her developed but only she still couldn't master. And right now, their mission was a protection detail, so they needed to be constantly on watch. They couldn't allow a distraction...

“Unnie?” Yoona called. Yuri stopped but still didn't look back. “Can you apologize to Oppa for me?” Yuri said nothing. After a while, in their frozen momentum, the older woman nodded, but from where her younger sister sat, she could barely discern it. “Yoona... I don't think he blames you. He... He was the one who sent me here. But, it shouldn't have to be me who apologizes either, Yoona” Yuri said before finally walking through the doors. Customary to her habits, she walked up the hallway to her father's study and knocked. When she got no answer, she just left the house. Walking slowly to her car, she took in the decorations once again. Grey, they looked grey to her. All the rich colours looked grey to her at the moment.

She drove away from the house, intending to go back to hers, never taking care to glance back to her sister's room like she usually does.

'She's disappointed in me...' Yoona thought as she watched her sister drive away from their childhood home. 'She should be... What I said... To her and to Oppa...' Yoona closed her eyes and sighed.

Yuri's phone rang. “Yes?” She didn't bother looking at the caller ID.
“Yuri? It's TaeYeon!”
“What is it?” She wasn't worried, her friend's tone wasn't hurried or panicked.
“Your charge wants to go out tonight. I go with him or you do? I kind of have to meet someone tonight”

Yuri smiled, her friends can still make her smile, “Taeng, I'm already on my way home, go have your hot date with Junsu!”
“It's not a date!”
-----------

“So where are you going?” Yuri asked the man as she leaned on his doorway. Yunho jumped, not having noticed the woman who had just returned home. What he did notice was her looking him up and down then looking at him with a small smile. “You look good, so where?” He did look good, he was wearing a black button up shirt that was semi tight on him, showing his muscles and a pair of black jeans that fitted him well. He was obviously ready for tonight.

Yunho considered being flattered by what she said. Well, he was flattered, what he was considering was does he hold back his blush or not? Either way, he just lost that battle and she smiled once more at him. “Um, New Town. My friend YooChun wanted to meet up.”
“New Town, the restaurant bar in Gangnam-gu?”
“Yes, you know of it?”
“Yes, some of us go there often. When are you going? I am coming with.”
“I know. Around 9 tonight.”
“So supper? With them or?”
“No, just drinks with them.”
“Very well. It's my turn to cook. What do you want tonight?”

'Don't say anything stupid' He almost couldn't help it, she looked good in what she was wearing, even if it was a simple loose white long sleeved shirt with tight edges and a flowing long brown skirt. 'She looks, casual' “Um. Anything is fine.”

She nodded and turned around to leave the room.

'Jung Yunho, will you please snap out of being an almost idiot every time she's near and just admit that you like her!' He heard himself scold, well himself. It hadn't register for a good minute before his own eyes widened. 'Damn it, I do like her...'

---------

“Oppa?”Yuri said when she poked her head in her brother's room. He looked at her. “You haven't left this room since I left did you?”

He didn't have to answer that. He didn't and she knew it. She sighed and closed the door as she entered. “I talked to Yoona. She's sorry.”
“You don't look happy though.”
“She said something... Are you ok oppa?”
“I don't take some of the things our little sister say to heart, you know that.” Yuri smiled slightly when she heard him still call her his little sister. But, she knew he was hurt by what Yoona had said. “And TaecYeon, what do we do?”
“TaecYeon stays for now.”
“She vouches hardly for him. I don't think it's one of her passing fancies. “
“I had hope for it. Do you think this will affect the mission?”
“I sure hope not... Oppa, I was going to start cooking, what do you want for the dinner tonight?”
“How about something simple? Maybe just some sauteed vegetables and meat with rice and kimchi?”
“OK. We haven't had that for a while now.”
“Yeah... Come, I will help you. It's not like I have much to do anyways”

----------

“They know each other?” YooChun asked Yunho as the both of them and Changmin watched Yuri, Junsu and TaeYeon greet each other.
'Why is she still here?' Yunho thought as TaeYeon waved at him, 'I thought I got rid of her!' “I don't know YooChun.”
“Well, whichever it is, that Yuri sure is hot, and so is TaeYeon!”

Yunho did not think his friend was quiet enough with his remark because the two women were now looking at him with a raised eyebrow each and Junsu was glaring at YooChun while throwing a protective arm over TaeYeon's shoulder. “Sorry Junsu, but your girlfriend and friend are hot!” The two women said a confused thank you, while TaeYeon looked at Junsu who had tightened his grip. “C'mon, let's go get drinks Yuri!” TaeYeon told the taller of the two. She nodded and was dragged off by her friend to the bar while throwing a look at Yunho, meaning to stay safe.

“What will it be ladies?” The bartender asked the two women as they got to him. “ A Frozen Lotus for me and,”Yuri looked over at TaeYeon “Cranberry Vodka please.” When the bartender left to tend to their orders, TaeYeon turned toward each other. “There's an Anh over there.”
“Ah?”
“Anh Sohee to be exact.” Yuri didn't have to look over to confirm that, she had spotted her when they entered. “Let me guess, she's walking over to the table?”
“Yeah... Want me to go over?”

Yuri smiled then, “No, she won't do anything now. She'll try to scare him, but Junsu's there. They'll be fine.”
“No one knows that Junsu is...”
“Our advantage.”
“I see NickHun too.”
“Ah?”
“You are not even scared, are you?”
“No, I'm not. We have a ... deal.”
“Lobster?” TaeYeon asked, a giggle in her tone. She nodded to the bartender when he brought back their drinks and they slowly walked back to their table.
“Oh yeah.” Yuri said with a smile as well. “Ah, miss Anh.” She greeted the woman as they approached her.
“Miss Kwon, Miss Kim. Such a coincidence to see you two here.”
“Not really, no.” TaeYeon said as she went around Sohee and sat on Junsu's lap with her drink in her hands, while he wrapped his arms around her.

Yuri stayed next to the table, leaning casually on it, taking sips of her white drink. “Can I buy you something miss Anh?”
“No, thank you. I was just leaving.” Sohee said with a smirk on her red lips.
“Such a shame, we haven't spoken in a while.”
“We're both busy women, Miss Kwon.” She said as her eyes trailed over to Yunho's figure. She smirked. “Very busy.” Yuri offered a polite smile to the departing figure in red. When her figure finally walked through the lounge's double doors, she turned towards Yunho. “What did she say?”
“That I will have the contract signed...” Yuri frowned. She looked around and found Nickhun but looked past him to find someone else. Once she found them, her eyes darted to the left and she turned back to her table.

“What was this tension?” Changmin asked Junsu.
They all looked at him, he was the only one who didn't know what was happening. “Um, they don't get along?” YooChun tried, scratching the back of his head, while the others had the urge to hit him, or their own foreheads. But their fear were unfounded, as Changmin only nodded and took a sip of his beer.

TaeYeon and Yuri had to hold back confused blinks as they processed how naive the man was. 'It's better this way, there will be no question.' The latter of the two thought. 'Now, that spy better get me good info on that Sohee...'

“Anyways, let's just enjoy the rest of the night shall we?” Yunho finally told the whole table. Everyone nodded as they all settled in their own seats and conversation took rapidly at the table, only Yuri was slightly silent during the night, her eyes scanning the surroundings secretly.

“So, hyung, how did Yuri and you meet?” The two people concerned looked at Changmin. “What do you mean?” Yunho asked.
“Well, you two are dating right? So how did you meet?” Yunho was fast to stumble upon his own words as Yuri calmly explained to the youngest man that they were in fact not dating.
“Really? You two really look like you are! I mean, hyung is always slightly leaning your way, and your eyes always go to him! I mean, I don't always notice everything but even I saw that!” The others around the table couldn't help but notice that what the man said was true; the two were subconsciously leaning toward each other constantly, and well, they looked good together.

When Yunho finally stopped his protest, he looked at Yuri who was deep in thought, probably pondering over what Changmin said. She was leaning her head on the back of her hand and staring somewhere else, the soft candle light flickering on her visage, emphasizing her deep chocolate eyes. 'She is beautiful.'

“See, even now, Hyung is looking at you like he's in love!” Changmin suddenly started again. 'That kid has got to stop talking!'Yunho thought as he quickly looked away. Yuri still caught his look and his blush. “Well, he isn't so bad after all,” Yuri said, leaning in when Yunho quickly snapped his head back toward her at her words, “is he?” Yunho gulped at her advances and unconsciously brought a hand up to his forehead, wiping off imaginary sweat. Yuri leaned back, laughing softly. “You're too cute.” Before kissing him on the cheek.

-----------

“Noona!”

-----------