The beginning

To protect the unwilling
"Hyung, you know you can't possibly rely on the police for this!" YooChun told his friend.
"And why not? They are supposed to keep the law and all!"
"They can't do anything! The mafias in this city is stronger than anything! If you want Jessica and Krystal to be safe, you are going to have to seek protection from another mafia! The only one that goes against the Anh are the Kwon."
"I will not deal with-!"
"It's not you anymore hyung, it's your sisters' lives at stake now!"
"I- YooChun..."

"I can make the call if you want."
"How..."
"I am not one of them Yunho, I simply know people who are..."
"People who are YooChun? You know people who commit crime everyday?"
"And so will you now. You want your sisters safe or not Yunho?!"
"I-... Fine, make the call..."
-----------
"You want us to protect who now?" Yuri asked her father unbelivingly. Her two brothers were by her side and were both staring at their father with the same look. Are you crazy?
"The Jung siblings"
"But... Jung Yunho made it known everywhere that he a against mafia and illegal people of all sorts. Why would he suddenly?" JaeJoong asked his adoptive father. He did not understand what was happening. The Kwon patriarch wasn't one to send his best people out on a whim, especially not towards someone who hated them and what they represent. "He wouldn't ask for our protection."
"He didn't." Was the only answer he got.
"What?" The three Kwon looked at him. " His friend requested the protection, Jung Yunho has pissed off an important member of the Anh clan."
"Who?" Jiyoung asked.
"The Anh leader himself. Jung has refused a deal that would have brought billions to the Anh clan as well as a safety net for his dealing. He is pissed and will make him sign that contract in any means necessary. I don't care how you deal with the Jung, as long as that contract is never sign, then I am satisfied. Understood? "
The three siblings nodded. "How are we to approach them?" Yuri asked afterward.
"He is expecting you already. His friend, Park YooChun, contacted us already. He said that Jung knows that the police is helpless against the mafia, and against his own belief, his sisters well-being came above his will."
"Noble." Jiyoung answered
"Foolish" The two other did as well.
"Why foolish?" The youngest asked.
"Giving up while he could have done more to protect his sisters. I have seen them around town lately, no bodyguards whatsoever..." Yuri said.
"Maybe you simply didn't see them." Jiyoung said. Both older siblings shot him a look, Yuri wouldn't miss anything.
"To give in to something against one's own beliefs, it shows weakness." JaeJoong added.
"Children" The father boomed again in his leather chair. "You are to meet the Jung siblings tomorrow at their mansion. The address and the time has already been sent to you through your Blackberries. Do not disappoint me you three."
"NEH!"
----------
"Yuri, JaeJoong, stay for a while longer." Kwon asked of his two eldest. Jiyoung looked longingly at his siblings before stepping out.
"Jiyoung is still young so I don't want him in on this. But, I want the Anh clan gone once and for all, this is the perfect opportunity. My mole got me information that Anh Sohee, the Anh heiress was going be sent to try to end the Jung. Get her, and we'll be able to deal with the Anh easily."
JaeJoong and Yuri looked at each other and nodded towards their father. Best not let him know of Jiyoung's obsession with Anh Sohee just yet.
When the two stepped out of the office, they walked towards the parking lot. The two came to their father's house together. The two were not only siblings but roommates as well. They shared a flat close to downtown, right on its edge. They were not willing to live with the rest of the family, no matter how close they were. Some members of the family just weren't meant to be subjected to their blood thirst. Her younger sisters weren't meant for this world, and even though they were trained as they were, they tried to keep out of it as much as they could and their father allowed it, since he did love his family. Kwon Yoona and Kwon SeoHyun, the most innocent mafia members you would ever find. Yoona was Jiyoung's twin but they couldn't be more different.

“So Jae-Oppa. What do you think?” Yuri asked as she leaned back into her black leather couch with a glass of white wine in her hands. He simply shrugged and walked pass her and took her glass swiftly. She anticipated it and moved her hand slightly to the side. He missed, but in the same stride took the one on the table she already poured for him. When he sat down opposite of her, in the armchair, she was smirking at him. “You missed.” They often played a game of stealing each others stuff, it was a daily and simple training of their reflexes, plus it re-enforced their sibling bond.
Out of all the Kwon children, they were the closest because they were the most alike. They were the coldest, the ones that always succeeded and the deadliest because of that mind frame. They all loved their younger siblings, but could rarely talk with or to them for long. Especially that one time where their father chickened out of telling SeoHyun about the birds and the bees and had Yuri do it instead. That was a painful day for all.
“I think that this... It'll be interesting...”

“Ah Jinja?” Yuri looked at him surprised. He rarely found anything interesting. “Do I need to remind you that we are protecting two spoiled brats and a man that will probably make it extremely hard for us?”
“Consider it a challenge sister.”
“A challenge? You've got to be kidding me JaeJoong.”

“It's either that or it'll be a bore, so choose!” He made a face and made Yuri laugh.
“Oppa! Don't pout!” Yuri told him and stood up to smack him on the arm. He rubbed it after she went to the bathroom. “Not sure that is a girl...”
“I heard you...” JaeJoong quickly ducked the toothbrush coming at him. 'Why is our living room directly adjacent to the bathroom? What kind of house is like that?'
He chuckled afterward and moved to his room. He grabbed the book on his nightstand and sat on his bed, leaning comfortably on the bed's headboard. Slowly, his eyes scanned the words printed on the white page. The door to his room opened an hour later, and Yuri slowly walked in. JaeJoong's bed was big, and she saw next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. “Oppa?”
“Hmm?” He answered, still not looking up from his book or from the added pressure on his shoulder.
“I miss Umma...” Yuri slowly said. “Tomorrow is her... And we have to be at the Jung's at 7 in the morning...”

JaeJoong closed his book when he heard what his little sister said. He dropped the book on the bed and turned to put his arms around Yuri. He gave her a kiss on the crown of her head and leaned his head on hers afterward. “We'll leave earlier. We can go visit Mother then head towards the Jung.”
He felt Yuri's soft nod rather than seeing it. “I already brought the flowers and all, they're sitting in the fridge...”JaeJoong raised his head and looked at his sister, “In the fridge?”
“Well I read that they needed to be kept cold to be fresh...”
Even with their line of work, JaeJoong still found Yuri innocent to a certain degree, not in the same innocence he found in the SeoHyun and Yoona, it was a different one. It didn't reach out to be protected, simply, it needed someone to care for it and that was what JaeJoong was planning to do. At least, until Yuri decides that she found the man of her dreams at some point. But he highly doubted it, because if that man got through JaeJoong, he needs to go through the over protective younger brother that it JiYoung, who has always admired his older siblings and was not about to let some stranger touch his Yuri-noona, and of course, their father.

“Of course you did Yuri, of course you did...” He waited a bit, still in the brotherly embrace, before raising his head again and say, “We haven't eaten yet...” Yuri looked at him and shook her head. “The food has been on the table for about twenty minutes.”
“Then why didn't you tell me?”
She laughed. “Oh oppa!” She swiftly got off the bed and walked towards the living room. Yuri made spaghetti for them. They both took turns to cook. Neither were great cooks but they got by, since hey didn't want the professional cook their father wanted to hire for them. They didn't trust the food, or a man with too many knives.
-----
“Sica-Unnie! Look at those great shoes! Aren't they soooo cute?” Jung Krystal was dragging her older sister into a shoes store and by the look of it, it was no less that a designer shoe store. Money was never a problem for the two.

“Yes Krystal, they are.” Jung Jessica might have the image of a spoiled princess and truly enjoyed shopping but today, she didn't feel like it. She felt like something was going to happen soon but her youngest sibling told her she was being paranoiac and her oldest one told her to not worry. He wouldn't let anything happen to them. She sighed and walked towards another pair of high heels. She picked them up and scanned them. The reflective metal that made the heels showed the reflection of a tired girl. She quickly put them down, not wanting to see that.