The... what?

To protect the unwilling
Chapter 6: The... what?

Turns out, the next time Yuri went out, she didn't bring Yunho. No, Yunho was currently staring down at a petite woman with dark purple hair and big eyes.

“Hi, I'm TaeYeon, we met before, and I'll be taking over for Yuri today.” She was the first thing that Yunho saw when he woke up that morning, her standing over him. By the time he was up and standing, she had an outfit laid out for him. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again.

“Yah, Taeng-juhma!” HyoYeon said as she walked into his room as well, “Don't treat him like a baby will you?” Yunho switched his gaze to her, looking just as confused as he was before, if not more. “Um, where's Yuri?”

The two shorter women turned to look at him, “Oh she's... indisposed at the moment.” TaeYeon said, a soft smile on her lips. He didn't use formal speech when talking about Yuri, and they all noticed except for himself. 'He's falling hard.'

-------

Yuri looked at the water spread out before her, closing her eyes as she felt the sea breeze float past her gently. She took a deep breath and turned around just as a man boarded the yacht. They were in the middle of the sea, and he was being dropped off by another yacht. She watched as the second one disappeared in the distance before turning to look at the man that was smirking arrogantly at her. She nodded at him, and picked up one of the two champagne glasses next to her and offered it to him, as her other hand picked the left over one up.

He reached past her and took the left over one and brought it to his lips. She smirked, and brought back her extended hand, and took a sip of that one. She sat down on the bench as leaned against the railings lightly. He did the same, opposite of her. They said nothing and simply enjoyed the silence.

“2 millions” Was the first words uttered by either side, and it came from him. She scoffed lightly, “Who says you get anything, Nickhun.” He laughed, “If you want any information from me dear Yuri, you better give me something”

She slowly stood up and stalked towards him. She leaned in toward him and heard him inhale. She smirked and deviated, “Oh Nickhun, you know I always get what I want.” She whispered into his ear. “Now, are you hungry? I have a wonderful lobster lunch set out for us. That is, if you are game?” Her eyes flashed and he smirked. He loved this game they were playing.

----------

“So, just stir it lightly now, for about five more minutes.”

Surprisingly, Jessica and JaeJoong have been getting along much better since Jessica's mess of an omelet episode. Right now, Jessica even successfully managed to convince JaeJoong to teach her how to cook, since she wouldn't be seeing her sister for a while, and she didn't feel like going out.

“Like this?”

“Softer Jessica-ssi, softer. If you do it like that, it will splash all over.”
“Oh, thanks!” She smiled up to him, and he smiled back. Letting out a soft giggle, she looked back down towards the batter that they were mixing, and hid her soft blush. Over the last couple of days, she found out that she really didn't mind his presence in her life. He was a nice person to her, never minding that he was a killer. She liked having him around actually. Of course, she didn't tell Yunho but that's only because of Yunho's strong prejudice against the family.

She found the cold man to be incredibly handsome, but of that, she was sure not to be the only one. But to see the softer side of him, she believes that she was one of the few to have seen it. She even started to think that he didn't talk too much with Yuri, since she's never seen them do much together than sparring and cooking. Of course, she didn't know that they liked their privacy.

“So why isn't Yuri-ssi protecting oppa today?”
“She... has something to do.” The smiled in his voice alerted her of something, of that something was going on. She didn't press it though, especially not if it was for their protection.
“Ok.”

JaeJoong liked the fact that she didn't ask questions, but at the same time, it displeased him. She believed others too easily and that was dangerous for her and him. His phone then rang at the same time. He looked at the caller ID and slightly smiled. When he picked up, he said, “Yoona?”

Jessica looked at him. Who is Yoona? Is it his girlfriend? She had never heard him mention her before, and he hadn't been meeting anyone during their time together. “Oh really? Did she now?”He said with a smile “And why are you even complaining Yoong?” He then lost his smile, “What did you say? She interrupted your time with WHO? And what does Jiyoung have to say about that? - Same as me? - Oh really? - Yoona, do not ever see that man again. - Who am I to tell you this? - Your damn older brother! - Yoona!” He then hanged up with a sigh and rubbed in between his eyes. Jessica looked at him and wondered if she should say anything.

'I should call Yuri, Yoona only listens to her...' JaeJoong thought to himself. 'But she's with NickHun right now and she can't really deal with family matter if she's fishing information out of him... Arg... That Yoona will be the death of me.' He had long learned not to take what Yoona says too seriously or to heart. If he did, it would probably hurt him more than he did right now. JiYoung's twin often spoke without thinking, and her idiocy of the day was that he wasn't her real brother. She didn't mean it, and will come to regret it as soon as she calmed down, but she always acted on impulses like that. It was one of the reasons their father never put her on solo missions or under cover. He wanted her out of that life, simply because she wasn't suited for it.

Yoona resembled the Jung sisters to an extent, she was definitively a pampered girl who doesn't think before she speaks, but she was taught the ways of the world at a young age.

--------
“So?” Nickhun asked as he leaned back into his comfortable seat, watching Yuri dab her lips with the white cloth they were provided with. She looked at him, with shielded eyes and smiled calmly. “What do you think? Was our chef good?”

“The best, now Yuri, about our deal?” She closed her eyes, and opened them slowly to focus on the man's handsome face in front of her. She leaned in casually and said, “What do you propose?” His eyes gleamed then, “Anything?”
“We shall see.”

--------

Yunho sighed in frustration. Not only his employees have been buzzing all day about the two attractive women that followed him to work this morning instead of the one that comes with him usually, sparking new rumors of break ups, unfaithfulness and pregnancies, but the two Kim in front of him have been pacing in the office ever since they came in. They weren't like Yuri, who just sat on the couch, they were going everywhere, checking for bugs and all. He can't wait for the tan woman to come back!

“Can you two stop moving around? I can't concentrate on my work.”

TaeYeon and HyoYeon looked at him and then at each other. TaeYeon turned to whisper loudly to HyoYeon, “He is no fun, I wonder how Yuri can stand him, for so long already?”

Yunho was about to rip his hair out. What was wrong with these people? They are supposed to be cold blooded killers, not little girls that can't stay still! 'When is Yuri coming back?' He kept looking at his watch, willing the time to go faster. 'Two more hours, before we can leave.'

---------

When he got back to Yuri and JaeJoong's place, the house was empty. Neither Yuri or his sister and her bodyguard were there. He turned to look over his shoulder and saw that HyoYeon was just closing the door. 'Great, I'm still stuck with these two.' He shook his head and walked towards the kitchen and saw a plate of cookies. 'They look homemade...' He didn't pay them much more attention and wandered to his room and shut it before the two can follow him in.

On the other side of the door, the cousins look at each other and smirked. 'Mission accomplished' they thought.

They both moved to the kitchen, and sat down at the counter. They started a conversation in hushed voice, to be sure that Yunho won't hear. “Hey, you think Yuri will succeed?” TaeYeon asked
“Why wouldn't she? Nickhun eats out of her palm each time.”
“You mean of her chef's palm? I think he gives information for those wonderful meals.”
“Oh, I'm sure most of us would. Her chef is, hm!”

TaeYeon giggled at her cousin's antics and glanced towards the doorway. She could hear keys. “I think JaeJoong and Jessica are coming back.” TaeYeon was right, because right as she said the sentence, the key slid into the lock and twisted, the door unlocking to unveil the blond couple. Jessica stared at them, blinking while JaeJoong only walked past them and into his room, after telling them to tell him when Yuri came back. HyoYeon frowned and nodded to Jessica before knocking on JaeJoong's door. When she got permission to enter the room, she ventured in cautiously. “JaeJoong-oppa?”

“Yes HyoYeon?”
“Are you ok?” After Yuri and Tiffany, HyoYeon was the closest to JaeJoong. Tiffany and her were nowhere as close to the cold man as his sister, but they could hold a conversation without him glaring at them.
“Yeah...”
“You don't sound fine.”
“I am.”
“Should I call Yuri?”
“She's busy.”
“Not for much longer, she's usually done with Nickhun by now.”
“We shall see.”

In Yunho's room, he was laying on his bed, having changed out of his work clothes and into more casual ones. He then heard knocks, and realized they came from his door. He called out a “come in” and stayed on the bed. He knew it was his sister. Yuri's knock were softer but insistent, JaeJoong never came into his room and the two hyperactive women just doesn't seem to understand knocking. He didn't realize that was just for him though.

“Oppa?”
“Yes Sica?”
“Are you ok? You look fine but... I just talked to TaeYeon-unnie. She said you were really tired.” Jessica was concerned about her brother. He usually stood tall and strong to protect her and Krystal, and he seemed very tired.
“That's because said TaeYeon and HyoYeon are hell to deal with. They have been jumping around all day long.” Jessica giggled then. That wasn't something she heard her polite and manner minding brother say too often. “I can't wait for Yuri to take over tomorrow.”
“You sound like you miss her oppa.” Yunho's eyes widened when Jessica said that.
“What are you talking about Sica?”
“I said you sound like you miss her. I can understand though, Yuri-ssi is a really beautiful woman, she is smart and can fight and dance. She's your ideal woman oppa.” She told him with an innocent smile on her lips, waiting for his reaction. She wasn't disappointed.

Yunho looked at his sister like she was crazy. “I think you are too stressed by this whole Anh Kwon Jung problem and it is frying your mind Sica, because right now, you are not making sense.”
“I'm not stressed at all Oppa.”

Yunho really looked at her like she was crazy this time and the conversation took a deeper turn. “You aren't, Sica?”
“No oppa. I was but...” She hesitated a bit before saying anything, and due to that, Yunho became anxious about what she had to say. “JaeJoong actually makes me feel, safe? I don't know if that is the right word oppa, but... I don't think anything is going to happen to us, not on their watch...”

Yunho continued to stare at her, and pondered her words. He hadn't felt scared with Yuri either. Annoyed most of the time, but never scared. 'This woman is so confusing.' “Sounds like you are the one who likes him Sica.”
“I guess I do oppa, I guess I do.”