The training

To protect the unwilling
Walking into the gym with Yuri felt very awkward. Yunho himself never thought himself as an unfit man. On the contrary, with his past hobby of dancing, his regular jogs and work outs kept him fit enough. But walking into the gym with Yuri, into her clan's gym, made him feel very inferior to the people inside. Most of the men were extremely buff, were shirtless and were beating into punching bags so hard that some were dented permanently, and they had to change it. Others were lifting more weight than he had ever seen before, but that wasn't what made him feel low. It was Yuri's look of approval over these men that made him uneasy. She seemed pleased as she scanned each man as they trained and they all smirked back at her.

“Snap out of your thoughts. You are coming with me to the studio. My brothers are already in there with your sisters.”
“The studio?”
“We are teaching you how to fight, and there's no dojo in this side of the gym. The others will get here shortly.“

She led him through a narrow corridor and scanned her access card. The door automatically opened after, and he walked into an once dance studio. Now, it was padded with mats on the ground, swords, knives and all sorts of weapon lining up the walls. The walls were still mirrored on two sides and still held the ballet bars from before but everything else was molded after a dojo. JaeJoong and JiYoung were standing near the racks of weapons and were currently testing the handling of the swords. Jessica and Krystal were talking in a corner, and actually giggling. Well, Krystal was giggling as she watched Jiyoung make a full swing with the sword he was holding while Jessica only smiled, looking intensely at JaeJoong's focused face.

Yuri immediately left Yunho's side to walk towards her brothers. She swiped JaeJoong's sword out of his hand and quickly attacked JiYoung. Krystal let out a squeal of fright and covered her eyes in the same second. JiYoung had no problem holding up to his sister and quickly counter attacked.

JaeJoong watched his siblings fight each other and turned around to pick up two more swords and threw them at the fighters. They subconsciously reach out to grab the weapons without looking and successfully caught the handle with no problem, then attacked each other again. JaeJoong stood smiling before moving behind Yuri. JiYoung backed up when he saw JaeJoong and Yuri and him bowed to each other. Jiyoung then moved to the sword rack to put them back, turned around, caught Yuri's and put those back as well before going to stand near the sisters. Yunho had by then moved to his siblings and were watching the fight was coming as well.

“Why did you just bow out?” Yunho asked the younger man. JiYoung smiled mysteriously. “Because those two fighting is an even better spectacle.” Just then, the door slid open again and HyoYeon and two other women the Jung siblings never saw walked in. “Ah ladies, you walked in just in time!” JiYoung said, and they immediately focused on the centre of the space and looked intensely at JaeJoong and Yuri. One of the two women let out a smile, and Yunho shuddered at it. It was down right diabolical.

“Don't even think about it Boa-unni!” Yuri yelled from her place, still just standing there, scanning JaeJoong's face. She was currently just gathering data for a lack of better words. She was reading him, and it was starting to annoy him. He hated being stared at!
“Yuri-ah, you are taking the fun out of this! Just fight each other!” Boa called out, “You two having a psychological fight doesn't do anything for us.”
“It isn't supposed to Unni, that's what your boyfriend is there for!”
“Kwon Yuri, Kwon JaeJoong, get to the fighting NOW!”

“Yes Ma'am!” The two suddenly just said, and ran at each other. Yuri was the first to throw a punch always, and stayed true to her habits. JaeJoong was quick to duck, and simply went under her arm and hit the back of her left knee. She smirked, she knew she was falling, and grabbed his calf doing so, pulling him down on the other side, and quickly rolled unto her back, and did a front flip to get back up, ending nose to nose with JaeJoong who did the exact same thing. They both smirked and he kissed her nose before punching her right in the stomach. She groaned as she bent down slightly at the waist but wasted no time crouching down and swiping underneath his legs to make him fall again and this time, she back tracked a few steps to avoid him pulling her down as well.

“They're fast.” Jessica said to her companions.
“The fastest”JiYoung said, pride evident in his words. “Always calculating every move the opponent does before they even think it is their specialty, this is why them fighting each other is always fun to watch.”
“I have trained them well...” Boa said.
“You did noona, you did.” Jiyoung answered
“Um... Who are you?” Krystal asked, watching the two newcomers.

“Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I am Kwon Boa, these three's eldest cousin and this is Amber. We'll be training you Krystal.”

Yunho wasn't listening. He was still watching the intense fight between the two siblings. He was mesmerized; by what? He wasn't even sure himself. It could be by the speed and the agility the two are displaying, or the way Yuri looked while fighting her brother. Or Yuri in her black, bra cut, tank top and low rise black and white sweatpants.

'You got it bad Jung Yunho, and you don't even know it.”Boa thought as she watched the business man stare at her little cousin, mesmerized by her every move. Then she narrowed her eyes as she watched the path his eyes were taking, 'Or that better not be a erted look cause I won't care if he's their charge, I will kill him with my bare hands, mark my words!'

Yunho felt a shiver rock through him and glanced around and caught Boa's narrowed eyes. He gulped without knowing why and and quickly turned back to the fight. 'This family is definitely scary.' He then held back a wince. Yuri just fell to the ground, hitting her shoulder in the process. He could see that while getting up, she was grinding her teeth but nonetheless swung her leg and got him right underneath the chin. A smile came to her face and she back flipped right before he swiped his leg under her. By the time she fell back into position, she was holding unto her shoulder and he saw her apply a bit of pressure on it.

They bowed away from each other and JaeJoong had admitted defeat. He was stronger and smarter but she was the better mind reader out of them two. She then smiled and hugged him around the waist and he hugged around the shoulders. They walked towards the group together, slightly smiling at Krystal's awed look. “Omg!!! Boa-unni here just told me that they would be training me, does that mean that I will be able to do what you guys just did and t-”
“Stop!” Jessica and Yuri called out at the same time. “Take a deep breath, and slow down.” Yuri continued.
“Will I be able to do that?” Krystal repeated again.

Boa, HyoYeon, Amber, Yuri, Jiyoung and JaeJoong smirked. “No.” They all replied together, slightly scaring the three siblings. “What you will be able to do is self defence, and basic handling of weapons.” JaeJoong replied. He then motioned for them to break off into their groups. Jessica wasn't sure who she was supposed to be with but that was solved when Yuri grabbed her forearm and dragged her out of the room with HyoYeon on her other side, dragging her as well.

“Let me guess, JaeJoong didn't tell you that you were heading to the gym.” HyoYeon said as she scanned Jessica from head to toe, making her feel even more self-conscious of herself. It was true, JaeJoong did not tell her that they were going to the gym, having dragged her out of the house as soon as she was ready to go, though his outfit might have given her a hint. It was the first time she saw him leaving the apartment without his working outfit, consisting of a black shirt and dark pants, and the grey sweats with the black tank top were definitely out of place. So HyoYeon was very right in what she said, as she herself glanced down at the white off shoulder baggy shirt, short white skirt and white one inch heels. “Um... I'm guessing I won't be doing a whole lot of training today huh?”Jessica said sheepishly, a hand on the back of her neck.

Yuri and HyoYeon looked at each other and looked back at her and tilted their head. They didn't say a word and dragged her to what seemed to be the lockers. They went to a dark blue one and opened it, pulling out a tank top and a pair of sweats. There were shoes in the locker, quite a few pairs of them actually. Yuri looked at the pink top in the hands and looked at Jessica. “You are about a small right?”
“Yes...”
“Then this will fit, it's Fany's. Don't worry, everything is washed here. And she probably never wore any of those shoes.” She threw the clothing to Jessica and she barely caught them in time when the pair of shoes arrived as well. HyoYeon pulled out a completely new bag of white socks and took out a pair for her.
“I still don't understand why Fany has so much clothing here when she's never here and rather train at home with her cousin.” HyoYeon told Yuri casually, while they waited by the changing rooms for Jessica to come out.

“Fany likes having stuff, and plenty of stuff at that. She trains at home with Chansung, but keeps a set of clothes here in case the one at home doesn't work.”
“How could a dojo not work Yuri-ah?”
“Ask miss Hwang, I don't know.”
“Oh well, we will never understand Fany. Hey, you up for a little competition later on?”
“Really? We haven't had one of those in a long time Hyo.”

Jessica picked up the conversation and wondered what this competition was about. “What do you want to bet this time?” She heard Yuri's voice ask.
“One who wins gets the next game.”
“Ah. High stake?”
“I don't like being bored Yuri, really don't like that. After this whole Anh clan is done, the next game is mine!”
“If I win?”
“I tag along”
“So you win either way Hyo?”

Jessica didn't head an answer from HyoYeon, but rather from Yuri again. She was laughing. It was the first time she heard the cold female gangster laugh. “Oh Hyo, nodding with that smile won't go far with me.”
“Apparently it does, after all, you already agreed.”
“Well, I'll be damned.” Jessica could actually hear the smile in her voice then a small switch in her tone with her next sentence. “I wonder what's taking her so long?”

Her eyes widened and quickly rushed out of the room only to trip on the step dividing the cabins and the hall of the changing room. “Ah!”
Yuri and HyoYeon immediately rushed in to see what happened and saw her sitting on the floor, cross legged and rubbing her forehead. It was an angry red from where she bashed her forehead. Yuri quickly knelt down to check her for more injuries but other than a bruised forehead, there was nothing else. It wasn't bleeding, thankfully. Yuri helped her back on her feet and laughed a little. “JaeJoong wasn't kidding when he said you were clumsy was he?” Yuri asked the blond. She blushed and shook her head. “Oh well, the clothes fit, but the shirt seems a little bit loose and so does the thighs of the pants. You are too skinny Jessica, we'll need to build you some muscles.”

“I'm guessing we're starting light?” HyoYeon said, “With that forehead and everything, we better condition her first.” Yuri nodded with a smile and said, “C'mon on, we're starting with endurance.” Yuri brought the weaker girl to the treadmills and they each grabbed one. Yuri and HyoYeon settled a bottle of water each on the machine from a bag they brought with them and didn't leave in the lockers. Yuri then took out another and settled it on Jessica's machine, and she smiled back in thanks. Yuri only nodded and started her machine. “Jessica-ssi, start slow only a slight walk at first ok? And keep getting hydrated as you go.”
“Neh.” Jessica did just what Yuri told her to.

------

“We will start with some warm ups.” JaeJoong told Yunho as threw a cord at him. It was a jump rope.
“You want me to jump rope?”
“Yes, it's a good way to warm up and gain endurance, we'll be stretching later on too.” Yunho stared at the older man disbelievingly. 'Seriously? Rope jumping? What can jumping in place with a rope help with my endurance?'

-----

'Ok, I can't take this anymore!' Yunho thought fifteen minutes later as he stumbled on his rope again, after his feet were completely sore and him being out of breath. He looked at JaeJoong and Jiyoung and they did not seem affected by the strenuous activity. They were just peacefully jumping up and down, the rope not hindering any of their movements. 'So I think I'll continue a little bit more...' He mentally sulked as he picked up the rope and started again. He was starting to jump up and down at a quick pace, trying to outdo the two brothers.

'Never thought he would be the type to be competitive.'JaeJoong thought as he watched the man with the corner of his eyes. He stopped for a moment and motioned JiYoung to approach the man before he started jumping again. The younger man smirked slightly and stopped his movements completely. He counted his pulse in half a minute, did the quick calculations and noted it, '120 BPM, hmm... It's kind of within reach... Anyways, gotta go help Marathon Man over there' He walked over without a sound and stood behind the man that had closed his eyes due to the strain. He raised an eyebrow, 'This is starting to be amusing.'

“You know, you really shouldn't go so fast. It'll only tire you and this is simply a warm up.” JiYoung said. Yunho's eyes snapped open and turned around, almost hitting the younger man if Jiyoung didn't already catch the flying rope. “Oh easy! I'm not trying to outdo you here. C'mon let's start again! Now deep breath and slower pace.”

------

“Think you can manage a bit more?” HyoYeon asked Jessica as the duo were helping the Ice Princess lift weights. They were doing considerably light weights here, both women could press more with no problem, but seeing as it was Jessica, they were doing basics again.

“I think so.” She said, gritting her teeth slightly. This was harder than she thought it would be. She wasn't a sports person, and the only time she went to a gym was when Krystal dragged her for a cute guy. The only reason she is so skinny was that she didn't eat a lot, nothing like anorexia, but she just wasn't a big eater. Both Yuri and HyoYeon could attest that she had no muscle mass whatsoever.

“Don't force yourself Jessica-ssi, we'll take a break now, and then we'll do some more stretching. I don't think you are loose enough as it is.” Yuri said. She grabbed Jessica's water bottle and gave it to her before drinking out of her own bottle. She put it back down and watched Jessica taking huge gulps of water, probably from too much sweating. 'I told her to keep herself hydrate, aish!'

“Yuri, HyoYeon?” Jessica turned her head to see her trainers smiling at the sight of a big man. He was even scarier than JaeJoong to her. JaeJoong was more of the lean type of built, even though he did have a lot of muscles. This man was all testosterone. “Ah, KangIn oppa, haven't seen you in a while” HyoYeon greeted the man, hugging him slightly. Yuri approached for the same thing, and backed off after. “So oppa, what are you doing in here? I thought you said this gym was equipped enough for you?”

“Yeah well...” KangIn trailed off, staring off somewhere. The girls followed his line of sight, and Yuri and HyoYeon sighed. “She's taken oppa, by a friend of yours.” Jessica stared a bit longer and saw TaeYeon, one of the women that was protecting her sister the day of the shooting.

-------

“You are more flexible than I honestly thought you would be” JaeJoong told Yunho.
“Years of dance training amounted to something.”
“Dance? What kind?” Jiyoung asked, perked up. Dance was his, Yoona and Yuri's thing while JaeJoong and SeoHyun preferred singing as a hobby.
“Popping, locking, hip-hop, different varieties really.” Yunho answered as he stretched.
“You any good?”
“Think I am decent”
“We'll have to see that sometime soon, see how you hold up against noona and I.”
“Noona? Yuri?”
“Oh yeah!”

--------

“So, that competition?” HyoYeon asked Yuri as they all finished their training for the day. They were all back in the studio by then, teaching the basics together. JiYoung and Boa heard her, and immediately cried out, “I want in!” Jessica was still wondering what this competition was all about and even Yunho and Krystal were curious.

Yuri nodded and Jiyoung cheered while Boa smiled. “The stake?”
“The next game.” Boa smiled sadistically this time, “This is my kind of competition, c'mon ladies, be ready to lose!”
“And me?” Jiyoung said
“That's what I said, c'mon ladies!”
“HEY!”
“We'll see about that.” Yuri said as she walked towards the wall, and pressed a button that the Jung siblings hadn't noticed before. A small square slid back to reveal a plug for Ipod, probably linked to the speakers on the walls. She put in her Ipod and some hip hop song came on.

Immediately, Boa was dancing. Yunho's eyes widened, not expecting this of all things to be their supposed competition. 'I have to admit though, she's very good.' Jessica looked on, still wondering what the next game meant. Yuri was looking at the by the corner of her eyes, 'She heard us earlier.' She took her cue from Boa and moved to the front of their group and started her own free style.

Yunho's eyes widened. 'This woman will be the death of me.' Yuri was doing a body wave as if her body was liquid, and Boa was glaring at him with all her might. He gulped again, 'I guess she knows what I am thinking, oops?' A little while later, Yunho was becoming more and more impressed by this group's abilities. 'Is there anything these people cannot do?' HyoYeon was doing a popping routine at the moment and her sharp movements were no joke to Yunho, who himself had some difficulty picking up that particular skill in the past, a lot of difficulty.

JiYoung watched him watch them and smiled. 'Let's see if he is any good now. Hehe!' “Hey Yunho-ssi, join in, I want to see if you are good!” Yunho looked at him wide eyes and shook his head. “C'mon! You said you were decent! Now join in or it's more rope jumping for you!” Yunho gulped. 'What should I do? I really don't want to jump ropes but dancing with these people...'
-----------

“He's pretty good.” Boa commented to Yuri as they watched the business man pop and lock. “He is.” Was Yuri's short reply. She was watching him, fascinated by the fact that such a tense man could be so loose. 'He might be less stuck up than I thought he is.' She smirked, 'But he is still easy to freak out' was what she thought before she joined him in his dance, shocking him, making all the others laugh. “You're pretty good,” She threw over her shoulder as she walked out the door with Jessica and HyoYeon, “I might just take you with me next time we go out”

-----

Kim: Thanks that might just have been the first comment I got about my actual writing style. Thanks! ;p

revoLacis: I am easing Jessica into JaeJoong's routine, and same with Yuri and Yunho. Yunho's mind is changing already! ;P

Kristine: Keep reading and you'll find out! ~.*