Chapter 13

To protect the unwilling

Safaiaunnie: Wow... It's been a long while. And the worst thing is thisd chapter has been typed up for months already but I never found the time to post it. I still don't have a minute to myself but otherwise, it was going to sit in this laptop until the semester is over. This story is nearing it's end, two more chapters guys! And those are going to be packed with romance, don't worry, Yunri and Jaesica are coming up. I know people have been confused as to how old the siblings really are, well there you go:

SeoHyun: 13

Yoona and Jiyoung: 19

Joon: 21

Yuri: 25

JaeJoong: 28

 

Jessica: 25

Krystal: 19

Yunho: 27

 

As to why the teenagers don't seem to be going to school, Yoona and Jiyoung were mostly homeschooled because of their lives and so that they would never have to explain broken arms or gun wounds. Krystal does go to school, she just tends to skip so people don't really ask questions when she dones't show up, and when she does with Jiyoung in tow, they just let it sllide because she was a Jung princess. SeoHyun does go to school, no one had any intention of ever sending her into the field, even if they trained her.

Junsu's character might be a bit confusing since I introducede him as a stranger to Yunho then he became co-CEO and a childhood friend. My bad, I forgot I wrote him in as a stranger but he needed to be my contact into the Jung enterprises...

I hoped that clarified somethings for you guys.

Chapter 13

“I’m getting you out tonight.” Nickhun told the younger man, his back facing the camera as Joon laid still on the ground, after another beating for Taecyeon. The taller man was pissed that Yoona called his bluff and ended them. He took his anger out on the prisoner and left right after, an angry frown still set on his brow.

“You are?” He whispered out with tight lips, directly in view of the lens.

“Well it’s that or you die with the explosion. Just... Whatever happens, don't resist.”

Joon looked at him and decided not to question him. He wasn’t sure if tonight meant he was free or he was being brought elsewhere, but he has yet to be resigned to his fate. He knew he would be free some day. It’s been more than a decade and if he could have held on that long then he still can.

The Thai looked around the warehouse, and when he was fully satisfied at their privacy, he turned back to the Kwon. The young man’s features were sunken in, caused by the lack of sleep and the malnutrition, he was skinny, and no muscles tone whatsoever due to a lack of muscle activity. It was a miracle he survived this long but this boy was his way out. It was a mistake to have gotten involved with a crime family, an even bigger one to have been involved with this particular family. There are no morals, even less than the Kwon, who were reputed to be cold hearted killers, there is no loyalty, any of the men in the family would turn to Kwon if they were offered a better deal, and there is no trust. Men were killed based on a mere speculation that they might have taken a penny from the family. He was still amazed that he held onto his life for that long, and that Ok TaecYeon did as well.

He knew for a fact that the taller of them two stole large amounts of money from the main family, and framed others. NickHun was lucky that the man seemed to have taken a liking to him, because he was sure he would have been in the same situation as countless family favourites have been in. Not only was Ok Taecyeon a stealer, he was a jealous one at that. But he knew his luck will run out at some point, and if he were to die because of the Anh, it would happen knowing that they were going down with him. No one said he was a saint either.

He knew what was about to go down tonight, and he’ll be there. He won’t be sneaking the Kwon boy out, whoever will was a Kwon member, but he could careless at this point. As long as the boy was safe, he had a way out.

“Tonight, we’ll both be free.”

Joon nodded before allowing his eyes to close. If he was going to be freed tonight, he wants to at least have his family see him somewhat better. He will wake up to another life, to another world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two o’clock when the SUV’s pulled in on time at the main port to meet their Japanese associates. By then, the protection detail were all set up already, the four snipers were already on site when their boss pulled in.

In two opposite rooftops, four men looked at their target with a smirk on their faces. They kept themselves hidden in case they decided to survey the surroundings before it was time. They quickly set up what they could without attaching anything to the building’s structure and waited. They quickly looked at their watches.

The Japanese boat was accosted to the dock, their men unloading a cargo. Inside were drugs worth million, and they will be damned if this transaction goes through. On a boat slightly isolated from the rest of the ships, two people were preparing the battle to come. They were merely backups, catching anyone who was running away that belonged to the Anh.

Down the perpendicular street, two others sat low in their car, parked amongst many, hiding their heads from view as a camera set up allowed them to view what was happening outside.  They were mentally preparing themselves. They have been in many battles before; they were military before moving to the other side of the law. They could never tell you what made them do the switch, what they knew were that there was no going back. They looked at the clock in the car. Soon this will all be over.

On the right strip of road that was the port, Yuri stood, a man on each side, in the first alley, where their bikes were parked. She slowly took off her helmet and nodded to the two others. She nodded to them, signalling that it was time to split before they slowly disappeared into the empty warehouse, leaving their bikes to station themselves, ready to be the second surprise.

Yuri looked down at her watch, at the same time as her men. Ten minutes until the showdown. She hasn’t spotted any of her siblings yet, or of her usual entourage but she knew they would come. She riveted her eyes to the sky and closed them. Her hand closed around her necklace; a small diamond teardrop, encased in gold, their family motto engraved on the back of the gold, in letters so miniscule you could barely see it. This was their mark, their family mark. And tonight, the underworld will know that no one crosses them. She sighed, and looked at her watch again. Five minutes...

She looked at her right, and sighed when she saw JaeJoong appear from the warehouse, next to the one her men just entered. She nodded towards him and pulled out her gun. The silver gleamed in the dark before she twisted the silencer in. She had no view of the scene; she was acting on instinct and senses alone. He pulled his own out, a twin to hers and twisted his own silencer in. She caught sight of full cartridges in his coat briefly and nodded in approval.

On the left strip, in a similar alley, Tiffany and Sooyoung were gearing up as well, nodding to each other before taking a deep breath. They were waiting on JaeJoong’s signal. They went into the warehouse and silently made their way to the other exit, directly facing the back of the Anh patriarch. They made sure not to get near the door; in case their shadow showed under it. All precautions are to be taken tonight.                                                                                                                                                                           

TaeYeon was standing in an empty clock tower, where the rusted bell no longer chimed; having long been replaced by a digital clock. She has her sniper rifle ready and first target in sight already. She quickly scanned the other roofs, and quickly took her gun off the ledge and hid when she spotted her target canvassing the surroundings. She knew which men were with her, JaeJoong had gotten a list of the men Yuri had with her and the plan of where their opponents would generally be. Yuri had left it with her dad, knowing they would end up following.

HyoYeon and Sunny were close, acting as first back up. They were parked much further down of Yuri’s men and were hiding their heads as well. HyoYeon flexed her fingers lightly, before closing her eyes. One minute to go.

Yoona looked on in the scene, her eyes resting on the tall frame on Ok TaecYeon. Hatred swam in the depth of her brown eyes before an unbecoming smile came to her red lips. Tonight, she was a Kwon, not Yoona the Kwon daughter, but just a Kwon; who is on a warpath for the honor of the clan. Next to her, Jiyoung looked on as well. His grip on his gun was tensed, the veins on his forearm budging underneath his sleeve. They were hidden from sight but still had a relatively clear view of the Anh. They were hidden between two warehouses, where there were only shadows.

Yuri looked at her watch. 30 seconds, she nodded at her brother and slowly, they made their way to an alley facing the one Jiyoung and Yoona were.

All nineteen members of the Kwon crime family glanced off towards the clock tower and read the red numbers as one. Showtime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickhun glanced at the men in front of him, holding in his disgusted sneer. His distaste of Anh Sohee deeply hidden, his comfort laid in the fact that tonight was her last. He glanced at the time, and focused on the exchange again. The boy was out and being delivered to the men Yuri had set up to pick up her brother. It was Showtime.

The first three bangs that went off were masked. Having gone off at the same time, the two snipers took out the protection detail on the two adjacent roofs and Taeyeon took out another. A fourth shot was fired immediately after, by another sniper. She knew they caught sight of her and she nodded, knowing they could see her in binoculars. They knew who she was; Kim TaeYeon was something special in the Kwon family. She was as young as Yuri and as talented with her sniper. She could shoot from afar and still get it dead on without much trouble. Her deceptive appearance also made her perfect for undercover jobs and she proves that she’s as good with short distance kills as she is with long ones.                                                

When the fifth bang went off, it was TaeYeon aiming for one of the men on the ground, the bullet him directly in the heart. The other people on the ground immediately sprung to action and looked around for the enemies. The Anh duo was immediately surrounded by their men, trying to protect them. Anh Sohee broke apart from them and nodded to her three closest associates. She scanned the scene but saw no one. She looked at the roofs, where the shot surely came from. “Hey you” She lowly said to one of her other men.

“Yes ma’am.”

“The roofs, now!”

“Yes.”

She watched him slip through one of the warehouses where she knew her snipers were and turned back to her three men. She nodded to them and stepped back.

They waited a bit longer, but nothing. No more shots were fired, but the people were rushing to get their patriarch to one of the SUV’s. The Japanese people had their guns ready too, but were quickly reloading their boats. They had orders not to waste their stock, and if anything came up to hightail it out of there.

Sohee turned to look at the people protecting her father; the only man she was loyal to when someone managed to nick her shoulder with a bullet through the human shield. Somehow, she had the feeling that whoever took the shot did not miss. A figure walked out of the alley, and the unmistakable figure of Kwon Yuri was standing right in front of them, gun hanging loosely on her hand. Her eyes were triumphant even as her face held no expression. Her lips lifted into a smirk when she heard the whizzing of a bullet fly past her and directly into the heart of the man beside Sohee. Her guard was dead. She turned towards Yuri in rage, and lifted her gun but Jiyoung was faster as she received another bullet, directly in her other shoulder, as he came to stand next to his sister. “Hello honey.”

All the guns were pointing at them now but both seemed unfazed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickhun nodded to the man beside him. Park JaeBum was a man like him, unwillingly dragged in and wanting to get away. It wasn’t that easy and when he was offered the opportunity, he took it all too willingly. One last job; that was all it takes to get their freedom. Both tensed the arm holding their guns, pointed at the siblings. The Thai caught Yuri’s eyes and he smiled. He slowly backed away and trained his gun to TaecYeon’s head, pressing the gun to the back of his head. Oh how he wished to put the fatal bullet through but he had been warned that this wasn’t his call.

The taller man froze, and Nickhun could see the wheels in his head turning. “Khun, what are you doing?” He asked, keeping his voice steady. Next to him, JaeBum had his gun trained on Nickhun, playing his role as Taecyeon’s sidekick perfectly. All the big players were frozen, as around them, men fell from unseen snipers and ground players. Further down, the Japanese were firing shots towards roofs, missing of course, but were using that as a diversion to pull their ship out of the docks, and straight back to where their plane was waiting for them. They were hoping that they were not the target, as the shipment was more important at the moment. The unmoving boat yards away stayed so, the two men onboard analysing the situation and decided that the Anhs were the first to go.

“What do you think Taec?”

Sohee barely glanced at her men, before focusing on the siblings. “JiYoung.” She looked at him, and could honestly say that he looked good since they broke up. But right now was not the time to ponder over her ex’s looks, not since she dumped him. “Don’t tell me this is how you get back from me dumping you.”

“I won’t then. What I will tell you is that you die tonight.”

Yuri kept her glance locked on Sohee and smiled. She whistled and suddenly, six other people appeared from different angles and immediately were taking out members of her clan, with some difficulty due to the numbers and the fact that they were fighting back. She realized though, she might not have needed so many men the way this was going and this might end much sooner than she thought it would. It was almost too easy. “You slipped. So little security for such a big job and for your leader to be here too, you really thought that this Ok Taecyeon of yours can protect you fine. You got too arrogant Sohee.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany and Sooyoung were waiting for a signal, any signal to tell them that it was game time for them too. They could hear nothing of what was going on outside, nothing but gun shots. And then everything stopped. They could even hear the heavy breathing of the man standing right outside the door; their next victim.

Then a loud whistle came through the sound barrier, and they just knew that this was their sign. They nodded to each other and braced themselves for what was to come. When they burst open the doors, they didn’t waste time.

Tiffany shot at the man right outside, and hit bull’s eye. Sooyoung ran off immediately, keeping a firm grasp on her gun before deciding to decimate Seoul’s population that night. Tiffany followed soon after, covering after her friend’s track and taking a few other shots herself. This was what they trained for, the thrill of the exhilaration, the simple control this seemed to give her. She loved it all, but when she saw her bullet go through someone’s flesh, she sobered up. This wasn’t a life she wanted, but that’s what she has and she wasn’t going to get anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And you are here, with twenty men at most, what does that say about you.” Sohee told the tanner woman. Who was she to critique her method, after she showed up with considerably even less men than her?

“That I wasn’t planning on leaving alive. But at this rate, I might even catch the early breakfast wave.” Yuri told her. She looked towards where the men were still trying to get the leader to the safety of the bullet-proofed SUV. She smiled when she saw that they finally got him in. “You know, I wouldn’t let your father be in that car.” Sohee looked at her, “Nothing short of a missile could get through the car’s armour Kwon Yuri.”

Yuri’s smile got wider, “Now who said anything about something getting inside the car?”

Anh Sohee stood there, puzzled at her words before her eyes widened, fell in a silent no before she watched, and in seemingly slow motion as a bullet penetrated the gas tank with horrifying precision and the explosion engulf the car and anyone around it. She knew whose work was that. Only one person has such precision with a long range weapon. Kim Taeyeon was on a roof somewhere and she knew then she had no escape. The shooter was at a perfect height to get the gas tank, having shot through the men surrounding it. She had a clear shot on it. She cursed her oversight. 

At the same time, she heard a body falling next to her. Turning around as quickly as she could with a bullet in her, she saw the body of Taecyeon on the floor, a bullet through his stomach. He was still breathing, and she could see that the bullet didn’t come from Nickhun. Slowly, the sound of heels appeared and the young visage of yet another Kwon and her brother showed up.

“You brought all your siblings.” Sohee said. She could barely move her shoulder and arm, but somehow still managed to grab hold of her gun. Immediately, all guns were trained on her, even JaeBum’s. A quick scan around told her that most of her men were already dead, the blazing car were still burning. Those who were still alive were useless, simply staring at her now that the leader was dead and all of her managing goons were dead or fatally injured. Her only comfort laid in the fact that some Kwon members were injured too, some of the higher ranking players, however even that was taken away when she realized that those were only flesh wounds. All of the Kwon members kept a tight grip on their guns, and pulled them clearly into view, mocking her freedom. Those injured held their wounds but did not let their victorious smiles vanish off their faces.

“And it seems to me that you brought no loyal men.” JaeJoong said as he came to a stop next to Yuri. Another shot rang out, as Yoona shot Taecyeon right in the hand, as he reached for his gun. The other one was holding his bleeding stomach. She might not have been on the field long, but she was a precision shooter. “I’m actually bored; I haven’t fired off my gun at all.”

Sohee seethed, but she knew she wasn’t going anywhere tonight. She knew Jiyoung would never be able to kill her but he had three willing siblings to do it for him. Her men were useless; they were goons that they didn’t know how to direct themselves. And none of them shot at the four siblings either, for whatever incomprehensible reasons going through their empty heads. The shots had stopped now; the snipers were completely silent now. A courageous one raised his gun but was soon silenced by three bullets through, two to his chest and one to his head by all three snipers. That discouraged all the others from taking action.

“You idiots, do something!” But no one moved. She grinded her teeth, feeling the blood lost taking a toll on her. “Fine, kill me! But you’ll never know if your brother is still alive!”

“Oh that...” Yuri said pensively. “It’s already taken cared off. My brother was right, you have no loyal men.” Sohee was surprised that she knew where her brother was, but kept it in. She should have known, if they pulled this off this quickly and with so few men, they for sure had eyes where the boy was.

“Someone will just take my father’s place.”

“Well it won’t be you that’s for sure, or any of your cousins.” Yuri continued on, her siblings staying silent. Nickhun and Jaebum turned their backs to the Kwons and slowly backed towards them, guns still trained on their leader. “You see, at the same time, right now, they’re all being taken out. Every single member of your family and high ranking members of your clan is being executed right about now.”

“And the cops, they’ll know.”

Yuri raised an eyebrow at her but said nothing. Instead, Yoona spoke up; “Really Sohee, you, of all people, are pulling the cop card? You really are slipping.”

 “Yoona...” Taecyeon murmured out with difficulty, “Why?”

“Don’t make me out to be the bad guy here Taec, you played me and my naivety, I’m just answering like any other scorned girlfriend, you know. Now you bore me.” She let out one final gunshot, and Ok TaecYeon was no more. Standing next to her, Nickhun finally understood why Kwons were known to be the coldest killers in their field, even Yoona, new to the field, and considerably less mature than her siblings could kill without blinking, as if the man on the ground was no one to her. On the field, these were no longer people, simply machines.

“As for you Sohee, you’re mine.” Jiyoung said and levelled his gun towards her. She stared at him directly, “You wouldn’t Jiyoung; you love me. I may very well be the only person on this planet, apart from your family, that you couldn’t pull the trigger on.”

“Once upon a time maybe, but now... See, none of my brother and sisters think I can kill you either, well today; I’m going to prove you all wrong. I’m a Kwon, and nothing will get in between my family’s trust and me.” He didn’t flinch when he let loose his bullet. His siblings all stared at him, a new understanding in their eyes, as his eyes only focused on the bullet piercing Anh Sohee’s heart. It was done, this was the end. She fell back to the ground, shivering from blood lost and slowly expired in front of them and her men. Said men stared at them and quickly ran to their vehicles but a shower of bullets came from the men on the ground. They never stood a chance.

“Well, that was anticlimactic.” Yoona said when silent reigned over the port. The Japanese were long gone. Their people on the boat were waving at them for a second and turned the boat around to sail off to the private Kwon port to drop it off. On the roofs, their snipers were packing up their guns and were making their way down. The man Sohee sent up was long disposed of. They all stood there, almost waiting for something to happen. Yuri looked at the clock tower again, it was four. It took two hours to take out the leaders of their opposing clan. In four more hours, dozens of buildings in the city were going to explode. In other cities and countries, the same thing was happening. They literally were wiping out a whole clan, down to each member. You would think that she would feel satisfied, but she felt numb. It didn’t feel good. Killing never felt good. But it was necessary for her family. For Joon.

The three Kwon watched as Yuri turned towards Nickhun and stared. The blonde man stared back, along with his associate. Finally she said the one sentence he had wanted to hear forever. “You are free.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across town, Joon slowly walked into a mansion so familiar yet so foreign to him. He looked around before he finally saw the men at the bottom of the stairs with grey hair and ice cold brown eyes, and the young girl next to him, who could be no older than thirteen; her long black hair left loose as she peered curiously at him through her bangs. The man holding him up bowed slightly but not too much as to not jar any of his injuries. She was looking at him with a fascination that only a child could have in their world.

He heard the set of double doors open to his right, where he remembered the living room to be. And a bunch of people, all unknown to him stepped out. They all looked confused and worried. “Joon.” His father voice thundered out, and his voice softened. He waved at one of the unknown man and he immediately switched place with the one holding him up. “Junsu, bring him up to the room next to mine. Get a maid to help him bathe and get her to patch him up as well she can until the doctor gets here.”

“Yes sir.” The man named Junsu said, surprised as no one ever went into that room. He had not been informed of the identity of the mysterious injured man, but knew better than to question the leader.

The doors leading outside opened again and everyone turned to look at who came in. There were collective sighs of relief as a woman he recognized walked in. The same who got shot for him not too long ago, his sister walked in. Behind her were eight other people, some were familiar to him, others were not. Some were injured and were being held up by a comrade and others just walked in fine. “Yuri, my girl.” His father breathed out, in a tone different the one he used with him. She only said one thing. “It’s done.” The clock chimed in the hallway and it read eight o’clock. Both his father and she smiled then. She turned towards him and stopped her motions completely. “Joon.” She said in an emotion filled voice, a slight questioning tone in her voice, as if she didn’t believe that he was in front of her.

Behind her, their elder brother brushed past them in silence and went to the den, dragging the blonde woman with him. Yuri paid him no mind, focusing on their long lost sibling. Jiyoung and Yoona stayed silent but went to their father and sister’s side, and watched. They both looked at their father, questions evident in their eyes. He only nodded back and Yoona gasped. It finally sank in that this was their brother too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Junsu finally got me to where my room is, Joon sat down on the bed and looked around. He left to look for a maid while Joon just took in the sight of everything. He remembered little from this room, but from what he could remember, nothing changed. The frames were still sitting next to his nightstand, his bed spread was still the same; the same blue and green baseball spread as it was back then. He couldn’t help but notice that some pictures on his desk were overturned. He inched slowly towards the desk before supporting himself on it and slowly lifted the frame. He stared. That’s all he could do, the one he lifted was a picture of his parents, siblings and him, minus the young girl from downstairs. He remembered that day, it was one of the memories he cherished and kept him strong since his abduction. They were at a local park, and it was a day where their father could finally have time to go to a picnic with them. It was also a week before everything turned to hell. He looked around once more and tried to make his way to a stand with action figures on it. He was barely off the desk when a knock on the door told him that Junsu was back. When he waited a bit and the man didn’t come in, he realised that he was waiting for permission. “Come in.” Of course, no one respected him during the days where he was a hostage so he wasn’t accustomed to these small gestures yet.

He saw that Junsu had brought a maid with him. He nodded slightly to her, and Junsu immediately stepped forward to help him stand up from the desk. The maid disappeared through a set of doors he barely noticed to what he assumed to be a bathroom. Junsu looked at him, “You wanted to see something didn’t you?”

Joon nodded, “That stand, can you help me get there?” He said with difficulty. He knew he was dehydrated and so made his voice rough and hard to use. When Junsu got him there, Joon let his hand move over the figurines with a tenderness that touched the older of the two.

Junsu did not know Joon. He barely figured out who this boy was when he walked into the mansion today. He knew of him only from what his parents told him but the siblings never talked about their brother. He could not imagine going through what Joon did, or what Yuri, JaeJoong and their parents did. Even in the business, he was extremely fortunate that his parents’ biggest lost on the field was a few couple of grand’s and pride when they were defeated. They were alive throughout it all, and they always came back after a battle.

The Kwon lived years without knowing if their son was alive or not, if he was being turned against them or not. It turned the oldest children bitter, it made them learn that power wasn’t everything and that family was what you needed to cherish most. Junsu watched as the smaller, frailer man retracted his hand away from the figurines and asked to be brought back to his bed. 

It wasn’t too long after that the maid came back into the room and announced that the bath was ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri walked into the living room, after everyone spread out. Yunho was still standing in the doorway, as if waiting for her. She turned to look at him, and all he could do was looking her over for any signs of injuries. Apart from some dust, there were no visible signs of injuries on her body. She breezed past him and went to stand by the window. His gaze followed her form and stayed there, as she leaned slightly on the bay window’s frame. There were no one left in the living room; Jessica had followed JaeJoong up to his room the moment the mystery man went up. Krystal has followed TaeYeon into her former room here, as she was told to pack up. The others were spread out throughout the mansion as well

“You are free to leave Jung-ssi.” She finally said, breaking the silence. She received no answer, only the sound of someone settling on their leather couch. She turned her head halfway towards him and watched him through the corner of her eyes. The man in question was sitting on the couch facing her, and levelled his gaze to hers. They stayed like that for a while, before he finally gave her an answer. “And if I don’t want to leave?” Whatever Yuri was going to say stayed on her tongue, as she stayed in the same position, frozen. She finally sighed. “What happened to your hatred?”

“People change, as do feelings.”

“Comforting.” She let out in a sarcastic breath.

“You don’t come across as someone who needs comforting.”

“And that’s not the best way to woo a girl.” A third party piped up. Yunho turned to see who was there, while Yuri turned her gaze back to the view of their front yard.

“Yoona, I thought you went to speak to Seohyun.” Yuri said, not needing to turn around.

“Unnie~” Yoona’s voice carried a smidgen of whine, “She’s sticking to Dad, and Jiyoung is in his room doing who knows what. And I don’t even want to walk in on JaeJoong and Jessica again. They’re giving me a toothache with how sweet they are on each other...”

Yunho felt that he should be more concerned about what Yoona just said, but his attention was still focused on the tanned beauty he coveted.

“Are they now?”

“Like yeah! Come on unnie! You told me you were going to teach me how to cook!”

Yuri finally turned to look at her sister, an eyebrow lifted. “And you have refused to for the last 6 years. Want to tell me what changed?”

Yoona’s facial expression sobered up, “I just thought that, maybe it was time for a change...”

She should have anticipated this; Yoona has been kept away from the field as much as possible, only sending her out with a volley of bodyguards behind, in front and next to her. The battle earlier today was sure to have affected her, as she had after all, dated her target. She had genuine feelings for him. And today, she had killed him in cold blood. “Ok Yoona, let’s make something simple ok, just some stir fry.”

The eighteen years old bounced up and down and literally dragged her sister down the hall. Before leaving, Yuri turned around, and told Yunho. “Whether you want to leave or not is not an issue, but our job is over. This means you no longer require our protection, and so, I want you out of my apartment by tomorrow at the latest.” Yunho gave her a look, one that told her that this wasn’t over. She simply hardened her stare and let Yoona drag her to the kitchen and chase off the cooks.

“She’ll come around, you know.” Yunho almost jumped when a fourth voice joined in. He turned and saw Jiyoung leaning against the door leading to the sunroom. “You might not be what I imagined for her, or what anyone in this house did, if dad ever did imagine anyone for her, or if JaeJoong hyung ever did... Or if I eve...”

“You are rambling oppa.” SeoHyun said from behind him.

“Yoona said that you were in-“

“My room? My dear twin wanted to get noona away from you Yunho-ssi.” Jiyoung said; a smirk was prominent on his face. He examined the man in front of him and had come to the conclusion that she could do much worse. “You are not noona’s type, not at all... But I guess she has done much worse, like that goon two years ago...” Jiyoung could not restrain the chuckle when he remembered how his brother, father and he chased that one away. “You’re not as muscular as them, as strong as them, as fast as them... You might actually only beat them in the finance department... Hmm, seeing as she has to protect your skinny little-“

“Oppa!”

“Right Seo...”

“You are... alright with me courting your sister?”

“Meh, she’s done worse. And I would threaten you, but she’s probably going to do a better job than me if you were stupid enough to hurt her... But, I would suggest for you to avoid hyung for a while when you guys get together” Jiyoung added as an afterthought before turning around and leaving to living room to go up to his room. He left behind SeoHyun with the older man.

Yunho fidgeted under the gaze of the 13 years old, and mentally cursed himself for being scared of a thirteen year old. “Yes?”

The girl didn’t say anything; she just tilted her head and squinted her eyes. She looked at him some more, and then finally, nodded before leaving as well.

Yunho only blinked and turned back to the door Yuri disappeared to. ‘You will be mine Kwon Yuri.’