The confrontation

To protect the unwilling
“Mister Jung?” His secretary called through the speaker phone.
“Yes?”
“You have a visitor.” Yunho looked at his schedule and saw that he wasn't expecting anyone and his sisters never came for a visit, saying that this place was too boring. “Who is it?”
“Anh Sohee.” Another voice said in a husky voice. Yuri looked up from her magazine and stared at Yunho who stared back, she slowly walked towards him and shook her head. She looked around and found the perfect hiding spot. Yunho had a built-in bathroom in his office that she had redecorated, at her own cost, to suit an occurrence like this one. She'll just hide there and the angle of the mirror allows her to look out and see what's happening if the door isn't fully closed and whoever is outside cannot look in. She motioned for him to wait and quickly went into the bathroom. Before she almost closes the door, she gave him the green light.
“Have her come in.”
“Yes, boss”

The double doors slowly opened to reveal the Anh heiress, decked out in a red suit. She slowly walked in to greet the corporate man and smirked. She didn't say a word, and slowly opened her purse to bring something out. Yuri held her breath and her hand immediatly went to grab the knife that was strapped to her thigh. She swiftly started to move into position, ready to interfere at anytime, but stopped as Sohee only brought out a pack of white papers. 'The contract...' Yuri thought. Sohee slowly deposited the contract on Yunho's desk and sat down on one of the guest chairs set up in front of his desk. She only looked at him with a small smile and a raised eyebrow. “I can stay here for a long time, Yunho-ssi. But Appa really wants this contract signed. Don't make it hard on me, Yunho-ssi.” She said as she reached into her handbag again, putting Yuri on alert once again. This time, she brought out a small hand knife and put it next to the contract. “I have many more things in this purse, do you care to find out how many?”

“I simply don't think that this contract benefits me or this company in any way miss Anh, now let's not waste each other's time. I will not sign this contract, so if you will please just leave? I am a busy man.” He turned back to his computer screen and started opening his emails. He was shaking inside, but on the outside, he put on a brave front. Yuri smiled from where she was but quickly stopped, 'What are you doing Kwon Yuri-ah?'
“Oh of that, I don't doubt Yunho-ssi but I believe this contract will serve all of us very well Yunho-ssi”
“How so?”
“We get what we want, which is billions of dollars and a safety net, and you get to stay alive and we might even give you a portion of our earnings.”
“Don't kid yourself Anh-ssi, you can't possibly believe that you can kill me now and leave the building without someone finding out and the police catching you.”
Sohee started to laugh, “The police? You are quite a naive man Jung Yunho.”
“I, however, am not.” Sohee's head snapped to where the voice came from. Kwon Yuri was leaning against the bathroom's door frame and twirling the circle holder of a hand knife around her finger. Her face was cold, emotionless.
“Kwon Yuri.”
“Anh Sohee”
Yunho watched the two women as they stared each other down. Then Sohee started to laugh. “Ah, and here I thought that you were refusing this contract simply because you hated the underworld, but I guess I was wrong. It was because you had the wrong heiress in the deal. Figured you'd want a woman like Kwon Yuri. You like to play with fire, don't you Yunho-ssi?” She laughed again and turned towards Yunho as she had kept her gaze on Yuri the whole time. She picked up the knife on his desk but left the contract. “You'll want to sign it sometimes soon Yunho-ssi, call me when you will.”
“I won't” Yunho said as he picked up the contract and let it go through the paper chopper. Sohee only smirked and left. 'She has great patience. I would most likely have this guy dead by now' Yuri admitted to herself.
“Are you ok?” Yuri asked the man that seemed to have sagged into his chair since the woman in red left the place.
“Can you really protect my sisters?” Yunho asked the woman in front of him and she saw exactly how tired and scared he was.
“We do our best. My brothers and I have never failed.”
---------
JaeJoong's cellphone rang and he picked it up, as his brother and him walked behind the two hyperactive girls shopping in front of him. “Yes?”
“Jae, Anh Sohee just showed up at the office.”

Mentally, he cursed, “What happened?” Jiyoung looked over at the older man and frowned.
“She left the contract in his hands but he had it ripped in front of her eyes.”
“The man's got guts.” JaeJoong's short reply surprised Jiyoung, his brother rarely ever complimented someone. For someone to have guts for JaeJoong, he had to be really brave
“He does. Now, she threatened him and he is currently extremely worried. Keep a close eye on the sisters, alright?”
“Of course Yuri.”
“Very well, goodbye brother.”
“Goodbye.” They both hanged up and JaeJoong motioned Jiyoung to move closer to the girls before informing him of the news.

Jessica caught the motion and wondered if something happened. The two had let them have complete free will for the whole two weeks they have been guarded, always having kept a certain distance from them. Krystal often complained to her that the two Kwon men did not pay any attention to her obvious good looks. She looked back at them again and shook her head. She might not get along with her bodyguard but she figured he was competent if Yunho had hired him for her. She could feel his intense gaze boring into her back. He had caught her looking.
“Unni, I'll meet up with Luna and Victoria-unni at the food court in about ten minutes, is it ok with you?” Krystal asked her after she finished reading the text she just received. “Do you wanna come with us?”
“No, I think, I'll go to that library over there, can you get home ok?”
“Unni, remember, I have JiYoung with me. I'll be fine!” Jessica then nodded and separated from her younger sister. She looked at JaeJoong again and knew he was going to follow her into the bookstore. She didn't bother telling him where they were going and walked to the bookstore directly. She was right, he only followed without a word.

JaeJoong stared at the older sister with a kin of curiosity. From the outside, Jung Jessica seemed to only like to party and to shop, but then once in a while, she'd do something that unbalances that belief, just like now. As soon as she stepped into the bookstore, she almost ran to the bookshelves that contained the crime novels. Jung Jessica was something akin to a mystery to him, and he was determined to solve her. He smirked, this was a perfect opportunity. He walked up closer to her and leaned against the bookshelf she was at. She glanced at him, her eyes questioning him, before turning back to her books.
'What is he doing?' Jessica thought, this was the closest she ever got to him unless he was driving her. She tried to focus on the books, but failed at it. She might not like him, but he was handsome nonetheless, and having him so close made her nervous.
“You-... You are a mystery to me Jung Jessica. “ She looked at him, in shock. In the two weeks that he had been guarding her, he had never spoken to her on his own terms, unless it was to give her an order. “You seem like a spoiled brat,”She narrowed her eyes at him, the heavy eye make-up making her look dangerous while JaeJoong knew that was untrue. “Yet, you pull something like this, and I wonder. Are you really the Ice Princess they call you? Are you only this blonde bimbo? Or are you just insecure?” JaeJoong asked, and then gave a small scoff, “I might be reading too much into it heh?” He stood back up, and moved to the distance he was previously at, still looking at her.
'How?-'Jessica had not spoken a word to him since he said what he said. 'How is he able to read me so... easily?'

She tried to focus into the books in front of her, but her mind went to what JaeJoong said to her. No one had ever thought that there was more to her than being the Ice Princess or being simply Jung Jessica. She glanced at him and quickly turned back around. He was watching her again, and this time, there was a slight smirk playing on his lips.
“Omo, isn't he sooo cute?” She heard some girl say to her friend. She looked at them and they were staring straight at JaeJoong. He didn't seem to notice them, or maybe just didn't care. He was looking straight at her.

“Omo!! So true, hey watch” The friend approached JaeJoong and smiled. He turned his head to look at her and turned back to Jessica. “Hi cutie! My name is EunHye, what's yours?”
“Jae-Oppa!” Another girl suddenly popped out of nowhere and was hanging on his arm. He looked at the one hanging on his arm and actually smiled. The girl that was introducing herself looked distraught. “Fany? What are you doing here?”

Jessica wasn't sure how to react, she expected him to have no reaction to the one that was trying to flirt with him, but the one hanging on him, he actually smiled at and answered.
“I was bored, so I decided to shop and saw you!”

He shook his head and sighed. “Fany-ah.”

“Buyo?” She pouted and he smiled again.
“Hmm sorry? I was introducing myself?” EunHye said, interrupting their moment.
“Oh, you are still here?” The girl, Fany, said with a tone that made Jessica dislike her. “Fany-ah, be nice!”
“Yeah, be nice!” Jessica wasn't sure she liked that EunHye either. “So, what's your name cutie?”
“None of your business.”JaeJoong finally said to her. The girl stomped away huffing, and went back to join her friend who was giggling at her.
He then looked straight at her, “Are you done yet?”

Jessica didn't know what to say, so she only nodded wordlessly. She walked towards him. “Let's go back to your house.” JaeJoong said. “Tiffany, come over for supper at some point, Yuri's been expecting you.”
“Sure, since neither of you two can cook. I'll have to feed you.”
“Hm.”
“Jae-oppa, this is?” Tiffany asked JaeJoong. When Jessica looked at her, she expected to get attitude from the beautiful brown haired girl, but she was giving her a bright smile, completed with twin eye smiles too.
“This is Jung Jessica, Jessica-ssi, this is Hwang Tiffany, my sister's friend.”
Jessica only nodded and managed a small hi.
“Nice to meet you!” Tiffany replied, still with the big smile. “Sorry you had to see me be a complete ***** to that girl.” She said with a small shrug of her shoulder, “Oppa here hates those kind of people. Bimbos all of them, I'm sure you are not one of them right?” She asked, her eyes loosing that smile while the one on was still there. Jessica suddenly became scared of those eyes.

Jessica had a feeling that there was something more going on here, especially between JaeJoong and Tiffany. Tiffany seemed too innocent then those eyes... “Calm down Fany, we are not dating.”
“Oh! Oh ok...” The smile came back to her eyes. There was definitely something between the two in front of her, thought Jessica. But then, she looked his style. Jessica looked at the outfit Tifany was wearing, it was something that looked right out of a magazine. Nothing that Jessica couldn't afford, but probably something she would never make work. She was wearing a pair of white shorts that reached mid thigh but still looked really classy, and a black sleeveless shirt with a thin white belt under the chest. She paired it with a fitted black blazer. Tiffany had an athletic built that was still elegant, very similar to Yuri's. She was shorter than Yuri, about her own height, but it didn't affect the grace she has. She was curvy, while Jessica was too skinny, from the diets she has been putting herself through.

JaeJoong was wearing black loose trousers with a white muscle short and a leather jacket over it. The whole look was casual chic, even more so on the way he was holding himself. They both looked like models. Looking down at herself quickly, she thought of how out of place she was with those two with the short pink flirty skirt and the white loose bohemian typed shirt she had on. She looked cute, but entirely too much of a barbie. 'Wait, why am I even comparing myself to her? It's not like I want to be dating him!' But she couldn't the burning in her heart when she watched Tiffany lean up to JaeJoong's ear to whisper something while staring right at her while she stood there awkwardly, wondering what was happening. “Jae-oppa, your father told me to come over. A few members of the Anh clan were spotted coming in this mall by our people around twenty minutes ago. We are lucky this mall is so big, they are all carrying. I am supposed to stay with you for a while, until we get the green light.”

JaeJoong stared at the brunette, “And Jiyoung?”
“He's being accompanied by TaeYeon and SooYoung. HyoYeon is waiting for us at the entrance actually.”
“You couldn;t really be here just to shop heh Tiffany”He turned towards Jessica, “We're leaving, now”

He actually grabbed her hand and put his arm around her shoulder to direct her steps. Jessica wasn't sure if she was supposed to be scared because he looked worried or fawning over the action. When they reached the entrance of the mall, the saw two other cars parked in their VIP spots, the same spots that have been reserved for the Jung sisters since they were their biggest customers. Another brunette, dressed in one piece white dress with a brown belt and brown shoes were waiting for them, leaning against one of the two cars. She spotted two more girls coming out of the mall with Jiyoung and her sister. One was a tall short haired brunette and the other was a short girl with very dark red hair. Jiyoung was holding onto Krystal in a similar way that JaeJoong was holding unto her. Both sisters were quickly shoved into the cars and they were all speeding out of the parking lot, the doors having closed just in time to block a gunshot, denting JaeJoong's side's door. Jessica screamed, but was quickly shut up by JaeJoong shoving a ball of tissue into . “Shut up! I can't concentrate on the road”

She took it out, “What's happening?” She insisted, she hated being kept in the dark, especially now!
“Answers later, escaping now.” She looked out the window and into the side mirrors to see that they were being chased by two cars, both her and her sister's rides. She also saw the tallest of them all hanging out of the roof window, shooting at one of the two cars and ducking back in every few shots. Tiffany was doing the same thing on her side. They were having no more luck than their attackers. The bullets kept on missing with how fast hey were all driving. The most they could get was the front window or the back window, but they were all bulletproof. It would take a lot of precision to break in, they would need to shoot at the same exact spot, and they did not have time for that. They weren't enough for that either.

She was very surprised to see Yuri suddenly appear through the rooftop of a car that appeared to have driven up behind the two cars chasing them and shot the first one. That one became boneless, not having expect it and thus his guard was down, laying on the roof, motionless. The other car's shooter quickly turned around but was shot at the back of his head by the tall one. Tiffany managed to break through the bulletproof glass of the second car by repeated shots at the exact same spot, Yuri's appearance giving her enough time for her to pierce it, killing the driver and Jessica watched with a morbid fascination as the car swerved off the road, flip over the bridge and into the water beneath it. 'Where is the police? What's happening? Why are they killing people?' She was jerked out of her thoughts as JaeJoong did a sharp circle stop and opened the window to shoot at the first car's tires, bursting them all before starting the car again to leave. Jessica watched as the stumbling driver got out of the car after the car crashed into one of the poles of the bridge, and shot right after by Tiffany, who was walking towards him already. He fell to the ground motionless. Jessica finally settled into her seat, trembling.

JaeJoong looked at her, and sighed. 'Her brother didn't want her involved at all. How foolish of him to keep her out of it. How dangerous that makes it for her...' “We are bringing you home first. Then we talk, your sister should be home already, JiYoung is the fastest driver of us all.”
“The people who just... the bodies...”
“This bridge doesn't have cameras and at this time of the day, there was no one else. They will be disposed of, no trace left.”

Jessica shivered at the casual way he said it. 'How many people have they killed? Who are they?'
“Yunho Oppa!” She suddenly called, remembering seeing Yuri.
“He's in Yuri's car, we have bullet proof glass.”
“But that guy too...”
“Cheap stuff. Now no more talking.” He swerved the car one more time, just in time to avoid the guy standing right in front of them, gun pointing at them. She watched as the man was brought down by a carved knife sent right at his forehead by Yuri, at the exact same moment they swerved.

----

Yunho stared at the woman sitting in the driver seat, relaxed as all. 'I was right, all criminals.' He was in the backseat, laying down per the order of the two women in front of his. He had been suddenly dragged out of his office after Yuri received a call and dragged to the parking lot where a short woman was already waiting for them. He was shoved into the backseat and to lay down as soon as Yuri stood up. He didn't get it but quickly obeyed against his will as he watched, through the rear mirror, Yuri drag half of her body to stay balanced on the top of her backrest to stay upright through the sunroof, gun already charged and all and kill a man with one shot only, her face determined.

He also watch her take out a knife from her thigh strap when her gun ran out bullets shooting at a bulletproof car and she didn't have time to reload it manually or with the built in one, throw it with dead accuracy and stab a man right between his eyes, leave the safety of the car, slowly walk towards the fallen man, avoiding the puddle of blood and retrieve her knife, cleaning it with her handkerchief and come back in one stride. He watched from the mirror as more cars pulled up, with people coming out to clean up the mess the girls had made, professionally. When he finally sat upright, he saw the bodies on the ground and the car sinking in the water.

“What? Why did you kill those people?” He finally asked when Yuri sat back down in her seat, put on her seatbelt and motioned for the other woman to start driving again. She looked back at him, “I'm doing what you hired us to do.”
“I hired you to protect not to kill!”
“And you think that is possible and not related? It's either them or your sisters.” Yuri told him, point blank, shocking him into silence. His sisters? He looked franctically around the car, not seeing them. “Where are they?”
“Stop! They are safe, and on their way home if they're not there already. Sunny, drive right to the mansion, no stops. I'm making a call, and you,” She turned towards him, “Shut up!”

He couldn't find the voice to retort, 'I hired people to kill others' was all that he could think. “JaeJoong?” He heard her call.
“How is she?- Of course she is...- And? - Right, they were quick, it's only been two hours since Anh Sohee left the office. She must have had them on call and us tailed. - Be careful going back to the mansion.”
When she hanged up on JaeJoong, the next person she called was JiYoung. “Jiyoung?- You got there safe?- No interruptions? That's surprising...- Sure, is Krystal ok?- What do you mean she doesn't know what is going on?- well of course she wa- she wasn't shot at? - They didn't see you?... You called SeungHyun and YoungBae? Which Seunghyun?- Oh, Choi...- Good. Ok, I'll see you at the mansion later.”

“Sunny?”
“Yes Yuri?”
“Think you can contact Hyunah for me?”
“Why?”
“JiYoung wasn't spotted with Krystal, even if JaeJoong and him left together, for them, they were passersby.”
“But they were shot at.”
“Stray bullets... At least, that's what's JiYoung saying... You know him, he drives fast, but he doesn't misread anything.”
“So where does Hyunah come in?”
“Our cars!”
“Oh... Where to Yuri?”
“Their mansion. The girls will need to follow. SeungHyun and YoungBae should be on their way too.”
“Got it!” And that was all, they swerved to the nearest exit and drove home.