Sunday - Month 1, Day 9 - Beautiful Dangerous

Love Song

 

Sooyoung ran through the sprinkling rain and quickly ducked into the car that honked at her. “Hey, thanks for driving.” She turned and smiled at the driver.

“No problemo!” Hyoyeon cheerfully replied as Sooyoung used some tissue to dabble on her hair and clothes to remove most of the moisture left by the droplets of rain.

As Hyoyeon veered her car away from Sooyoung’s apartment complex, Sooyoung took one more look at the darkening sky. She was not sure why she decided to go to the club. Maybe she was looking for a reason to get out of the house. The dreariness of the weather was starting to add to her melancholy so she text Hyoyeon and invited her to Karma with Tiffany and her friends.

“So what brought this on? You never want to go clubbing when I invited you … but you turned around and invited me this time.” Hyoyeon turned to Sooyoung when the car stopped at a traffic light.

“A friend invited me to go and I wanted to witness these dancing skills you kept bragging about.” Sooyoung checked her makeup with a small mirror.

“Oh, so some random friend invited you and you accepted, but not for me?” Hyoyeon peered at Sooyoung and crinkled her nose. “And my dancing skills will own your soul, hun.”

Sooyoung laughed and gently punched Hyoyeon in the shoulder, “We’ll see.”

“So who is this random friend, hmm? Is she hot?” The car lurched forward when Hyoyeon pressed on the gas.

“For sure, all my friends are hot. But she’s taken, so don’t try anything!”

“I’m smoking hot myself, so I guess you do have hot friends.” Hyoyeon conceited nodded.

“You must be smoking pot.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Shut up!” Hyoyeon pretended to punch Sooyoung in the face. “Anyways, you look good today.”

Sooyoung had on a pair of skin tight dark denim and a pair of black heels that made her even taller than usual. A black blazer covered a sparkly halter top while decorated gold chains hung from her neck. She had her hair tied gathered into a small bun.

“Today? I look good everyday.” Sooyoung replied with the same haughtiness that Hyoyeon displayed earlier.

“Narcissistic much?” Hyoyeon laughed. She looked good herself. Clad in a well-fitted black dress, her figure was accentuated to draw the viewer’s imagination. A thick black belt was fastened at her waist to show off her slim figure. Her blonde hair was loosely tied back.

The pair bantered all the way to the entrance of the club, which fortunately was covered to keep the clubbers out of the rain. Sooyoung felt nervous going to a new place with new people, but she felt at ease with Hyoyeon. They do bicker a lot, but Hyoyeon always managed to keep Sooyoung’s mind off her troubles.

It was only 11 PM, but there was already a line at the door. Luckily, Club Karma was fairly new so one of its promotions was free entrance and drinks for ladies. With a flash of their beautiful smiles, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were quickly ushered into the club. People actually thought that they were celebrities from some girl group, since they were so confident and pretty.

After they received their ‘drinking age’ bracelets, Hyoyeon yelled over the booming music of the club. “You go look for your friend and I’ll get us some drinks. What do you want?”

“Something fruity.” Sooyoung trusted Hyoyeon to pick out a good drink while she walked by the booths to look for the TaeNy couple.

“Sooyoungie!”

Sooyoung heard Tiffany’s voice, causing her to look around until she located the waving girl situated next to Taeyeon in a circular booth. There were other people there as well and their eyes were fixated on her. Empowered by the attention, Sooyoung straightened her back and strutted over to introduce herself.

After the round of introduction, Hyoyeon arrived with the drinks and another round of introduction was started. When all that was done, the club was packed with people and the dance floor was fully occupied with swaying bodies. Hyoyeon eyed the scene with great interest.

Sooyoung pulled her gaze from Tiffany, with whom she was talking, and turned to her co-worker. “Go get ‘em tiger.” She patted the blonde’s back.

“I’ll be back later.” Hyoyeon nodded and put down her glass before she dove into the mass of people. With her skills, she eventually reached and became the center of attention.

“Your friend is really good!” Tiffany said from the opposite side of Sooyoung.

“Don’t let her hear that, her head will get really big!” Sooyoung replied loudly and laughed. She turned to Taeyeon to try to talk to her, but the other woman was clearly avoiding exchanging words with her. So after a little while of idle chats with Tiffany’s friend, Sooyoung went to the bathroom.

As she checked her makeup in the mirror, Sooyoung sighed. “What am I doing here, anyways?” She was not having fun and it was starting to fill like a chore.

Just then, the door opened and someone else entered the bathroom. Sooyoung unconsciously glanced over to the door, but she had to do a double take. “Oh …”

“Oh …” Jessica froze at the doorway and stared back at Sooyoung.

“Hello.” Sooyoung waved slightly and walked closer to Jessica.

“Hi.” Jessica stepped up to her. “What a coincidence.”

“Yeah.” Sooyoung smiled brightly because her dreary night just got one hundred times better.

“Shouldn’t you be studying?” Jessica raised her brow with a challenge.

“I should be studying, but if I were … I wouldn’t get to see you.” Sooyoung replied with a small grin.

“It’s not the first time that you’ve stalked me.” Jessica could not help but to check out Sooyoung’s figure.

“Like what you see?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Jessica shook her head.

“It does to me.” Sooyoung gave Jessica a good look over, too. “I like what I’m seeing.” She could not help but grin widely when she studied the shorter girl’s outfit. Jessica had on a black top that was semi sheer and a skin-hugging red pencil skirt with matching red heels. The outfit clearly highlighted Jessica’s curves and Sooyoung was hypnotized until Jessica cleared .

“Clearly you like it a lot.” Jessica blushed and looked away, but Sooyoung could tell that she was happy.

“Did you come here with someone?” Sooyoung suddenly got curious.

“Yes, I came with …”

Right then, the door opened again and three other girls poured into the bathroom.

“Jessica-unni, what’s taking so long?” Krystal asked before she noticed Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung-unni!” Sulli instantly pounced her cousin, even though they just had dinner last night.

“…” Seohyun bowed in greeting to the older girl.

“Wow … a reunion in the bathroom.” Sooyoung hugged Sulli and jested but quickly received an icy look from Krystal.

“Seohyun-unni and Jjung, Jessica-unni is safe, so let’s get back to the party, hmm?” Sulli thoughtfully wanted to give the older girls a chance to talk. Sooyoung made herself a mental note to take Sulli out to dinner again as thanks.

“No, I’m not leaving my sister alone with her.” Krystal shook her head.

“C’mon Jjung, don’t be stubborn. Let the grownups talk.” Sulli held Krystal’s hand and tugged lightly.

“Jessica-unni, you can’t tell me that you believe the farfetched story that she told you. If she really wanted to contact you, she would have found a way. Remember all the times that you were …”

“Hush, Krystal.” Jessica glared at her sister. “I can take care of my own business.”

“But unni! She …”

“Let’s go!” Sulli pulled Krystal out of the bathroom before she say something that would worsen everyone’s mood.

Sooyoung was red faced with embarrassment and shame. She wanted to cry, but her tears have long dried up over four years. She could not bear to look at Jessica at the moment, so she looked in another direct where she found Seohyun staring at her.

“Um … Sooyoung-ssi.” Seohyun finally spoke up. “Can I ask you something?”

Sooyoung nodded. “Go ahead.”

“Have you spoken to Yoona recently? I have not heard from her in so long.” Seohyun was worried for the immature girl was still in love with.

“I’m  sorry, Seohyun-ssi. I have not heard from her since Monday … but she asked me to accompany her to your wedding.” Sooyoung caught Jessica staring at her because of those words. “I accepted.”

Jessica’s expression darkened and she turned away from them. Sooyoung wanted to walk to her, but Seohyun suddenly hugged her, thus prevented her from moving anywhere.

“I’m so sorry, but I’m so depressed and I don’t know what to do!” Seohyun buried her face into Sooyoung’s shoulder while Sooyoung cursed her fate of having to comfort crying girls in bathrooms.

“It’ll be alright …” Sooyoung patted the younger girl’s back to comfort her.

“I love her so much and I want to be with her, but I can’t abandon my family … I don’t want to exist for just her, because that is a selfish love. I want her to understand my situation, but she refused to hear me out. I don’t want her to hate me and worse, I don’t want her to do something that would cause me to hate her.” Seohyun shivered and whimpered in Sooyoung’s arm.

Sooyoung realized then that it was not Yoona, who was similar to her teenage self, it was Seohyun. They were both put into a situation where they had to choose family or love, but they made two different choices. Sooyoung’s heart ached as she comforted the younger girl and looked at Jessica who was looking away.

Once again, the door opened and this time Tiffany and Taeyeon came in. Tiffany looked surprise to find Sooyoung holding a crying girl while someone who looked like Jessica looked pissed. Taeyeon had on her unreadable icy expression. Sooyoung made an apologetic expression when Seohyun cried louder. She knew what this situation must look like for outsiders.

“Sooyoung …” Tiffany started but then turned toward Jessica. “Jessica?”

Jessica turned back to see a longtime friend there as well. “Tiffany?” They smiled and greeted each other while Sooyoung tried to quiet Seohyun.

After several minutes and Seohyun had calmed down enough, she bowed and apologized to everyone before leaving the bathroom. Sooyoung exhaled deeply and turned toward Jessica.

“I’m sorry.”

“You brought that on yourself.” Jessica rolled her eyes. “You shouldn’t have agreed to go with Yoona.”

“But someone has to watch her to make sure she doesn’t do something stupid.” Sooyoung smiled to try to pacify Jessica, who was slightly irked by the thought of Yoona, who kissed Sooyoung in front of everyone. Even if she did not want to admit it, she was getting a bit jealous.

“Anyways, I have to get back to the girls, or else they might drink alcohol and party their off.” Jessica looked up at Sooyoung with a serious expression on her face. “I look forward to seeing you in school.” Then she hugged and bid Tiffany goodbye.

“Wow, Sooyoung … you have a complicated life.” Tiffany laughed and exited the door after Jessica and Taeyeon.

“I know.” Sooyoung sighed and followed them out. She watched as Jessica made her way over to a booth on the opposite side of the dance floor. There was a sea of people in between them and Sooyoung could not help but feel like this will be the theme of their lives. So close, yet so far away.

“Wow, your friend is tearing up the dance floor!” One of Tiffany’s friend pointed Hyoyeon out to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung chuckled and shook her head as Hyoyeon lived up to her nickname, the Queen. She was throwing out all genre of dance according to the DJ’s spin. One minute she was popping and locking, the next she busted out with a y move. She was like a fiend, who fed on music and lived on the attention. Even Jessica’s table was watching Hyoyeon with great interest.

An idea suddenly popped into Sooyoung’s head. If she was not able to talk to Jessica, she wanted the other girl to only look at her. Even though she was not as good as the Queen, Sooyoung was very confident in her ability to impress. Not to mention, Hyoyeon once challenged Sooyoung to a dance-off.

After a swig of her drink, Sooyoung made her way to the dance floor where the music was loud and the spot light was bright. She pushed past the crowd until she reached the center. She watched for an opening in Hyoyeon’s moves and suddenly Sooyoung busted into the scene. Hyoyeon was surprised, but when she saw who it was, she smirked and gave Sooyoung a challenging nod.

Sooyoung winked at her friend and then immediately got her body into the groove of the music. She started with some powerful moves to throw down the gauntlet then she made sure all eyes were on her with some y moves. She knew how to bend her body, which way to sway, and where to run her hands across. Showmanship was part of her profession and she was giving people a show.

Hyoyeon did not take the challenge lightly. As soon as Sooyoung finished her opening, Hyoyeon was already up in her face with some cocky and provoking moves. They danced together, around each other, and against each other. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon gave it their all until they were sweaty and out of breath. Then both laughed and hugged each other.

“Good show, Sooyoung. You managed to keep up with me.” Hyoyeon, who clearly was the better dance, was very impressed. “Let me go get a drink.”

Sooyoung panted and nodded, “Thanks for slowing down for me.” She watched as Hyoyeon walked to the bar, then turned toward Jessica’s table. To her satisfaction, her plan worked and Jessica blushed when she was caught staring at Sooyoung. With a bright smile, Sooyoung waved then made a heart sign using her index fingers and thumbs toward the ice princess.

Feeling parched and tired, Sooyoung waved to Jessica’s table and turned to go back to her own when she felt a curvaceous body brush against her. She looked down to meet Tiffany’s gaze. Her body froze and her eyes immediately searched for Taeyeon, who was absent from the table.

“C’mon, I know you wanted Jessica to watch you.” Tiffany whispered into Sooyoung’s ear and pushed her back into the center. “Let’s give her something to watch.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Tiffany.” Sooyoung scanned the club for Taeyeon. She knew Tiffany wanted to help her, but she did not want both Jessica and Taeyeon to be jealous. They might freeze her to death with their icy glares.

“Oh, a little jealousy won’t hurt her.” Tiffany rested her arms on Sooyoung’s shoulders and started to sway with the song. It was a slow and seductive song that Tiffany was swaying to and her body was pressed tightly against Sooyoung.

Suddenly, Sooyoung’s body forgot all the dance moves. She froze as she felt Jessica’s gaze; however, she dared not look that way. She awkwardly rested her hands on Tiffany’s hips and did not look at Tiffany either. Smooth and dirty dancing Sooyoung was replaced with stiff and gawky Sooyoung, who did not want to move. As Sooyoung uncomfortably look around, her eyes fell on Taeyeon who looked like she was burning in flames.

“Crapola …” Sooyoung muttered before she felt Tiffany being ripped from her and then a sharp pain shot from her ribs as Taeyeon launched a quick jab into her side. Sooyoung dropped to her knees and doubled over in pain while the dance floor cleared of people.

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoung heard Tiffany scream, but the pain kept her hunched over until she felt a hand on her back. She turned and it was Jessica, whose eyes were filled with concern.

“Are you alright, Soo?” Jessica asked and Sooyoung nodded.

With a pained expression, Sooyoung attempted a crooked smile. “I just need to stay still for a minute.” She groaned.

“Let me at her! Let me at her!”

Sooyoung looked behind Jessica to see that Krystal and Seohyun were struggling to hold Sulli back. Sooyoung had never seen the young girl so mad before. “Jinri, come here …” Sooyoung signaled for Sulli to come by her side and the girl, who was still livid, obediently came to her. “I’m alright, it’s just a misunderstanding.” Sulli silently nodded and Sooyoung’s back.

*SMACK!* “I can’t stand it when you’re like this. I told you I only see her as a friend! I wanted to help her! I can’t believe you.” Tiffany yelled at Taeyeon, who was covering one of her cheek. “Sooyoung, I’m sorry about this idiot.” A teary eyed Tiffany said to Sooyoung before she marched off.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry …” Taeyeon chased after Tiffany, who gathered her things and left with her friends.

Sooyoung finally stood up, even with the slight soreness in her ribs. “I’m alright, thanks.” She smiled at Jessica and Sulli, who were still concern.

“Are you sure?” Sulli pouted sadly. “Maybe we should get you to a hospital for x-rays to see that you don’t have a fracture or …”

“Jinri, I’m fine. Don’t fret like that, go apologize to Krystal. You shouldn’t be hotheaded like that.” Sooyoung guided the younger girl away as Jessica helped Sooyoung over to their booth.

“Tiffany liked you since high school, you know.” Jessica finally spoke up after Sooyoung leaned back against her seat.

“Yea … I was oblivious … so you noticed?” Sooyoung sighed.

“It was hard to ignore. She looked at you the same way you looked at me.” Jessica handed Sooyoung her glass of water.

“She told me yesterday, but she loves Taeyeon now … we’re just friends.” Sooyoung nodded toward the short girl who was now situated at the bar. It seemed Tiffany left her behind and she did not chase after her girlfriend.

“Are you sure? The way she danced against you … it did not seem to be just friends.” Jessica glanced at Taeyeon then back at Sooyoung.

“Are you jealous?” Sooyoung waggled her brows then held up Jessica’s glass of water, from which she just took a sip. “Now that we’ve had an indirect kiss, how about a real one?” Sooyoung puckered her lips. “OUCH!”

Jessica had pressed her hand on the spot where Sooyoung was jabbed. “Quit being a flirt, that’s what brought you this pain in the first place.”

Just then, Hyoyeon came up to the booth and smiled at everyone before she handed Sooyoung a drink. “Hi everyone, I’m Hyoyeon.”

Jessica gave the other girl a cold look that screamed ‘who are you and why did you buy Soo a drink?’

Sensing Jessica’s thoughts, Sooyoung smiled and introduced them. “This is Hyoyeon, my co-worker. Hyoyeon, this is Jessica, Krystal who is Jessica’s sister, Jinri who is my cousin, and Seohyun who is Jessica and Krystal’s soon to be sister in law.”

Everyone exchanged their greetings and Jessica checked her phone. “It’s already 2AM, it’s time I take the kids home.”

Sooyoung pouted and held Jessica’s hands, “Already? It’s still early … stay a bit longer, the club doesn’t close until 3AM.”

Jessica pulled her hand back despite Sooyoung’s pout and pleading eyes. “Their parents are already going to chastise me for getting them home this late. I don’t want the Choi, Seo, and Jung elders on my back.” Jessica stood up and signaled for the younger girls to get ready.

Clingy Sooyoung hugged Jessica’s waist and shook her head, “Don’t go … or drop them off then come back here … or I’ll go with you! Take me home with you.”

The other girls looked on while Hyoyeon laughed, “I’ve never seen her being this pitiful before.”

Jessica shrugged and pulled Sooyoung’s arms off her. “Don’t forget our agreement, now stop being a bad example for the younger girls. Take care of yourself and stop flirting with other people’s girlfriends.” Jessica left some pearls of wisdoms before she bid Hyoyeon and Sooyoung farewell. Then she led her three kids out of the booth. Sulli bowed to Hyoyeon and gave Sooyoung a hug. Krystal gave Sooyoung a dirty look and bowed to Hyoyeon. Seohyun bowed to both and apologized to Sooyoung for earlier.

When everyone left, Hyoyeon resumed her dancing and Sooyoung ventured over to the bar, where Taeyeon remained. “Hey, are you alright?”

“Why do you care?” Taeyeon turned away from Sooyoung to hide her puffy and red eyes.

“Because I feel like it’s partly my fault.” Sooyoung sat next to Taeyeon and ordered a drink.

“It is your fault.” Taeyeon’s voice had already slurred. “Y-you broke Fany’s heart when you disappeared … who was there to pick up the pieces? Who was there to put it back together? ME.” She started crying again. “But you … you’re always in her heart somewhere … lurking and creeping … like you’re going to steal her from me one day … stupid Choi Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung opened , but then closed it again. She was not about to argue with a drunk. Instead, she nodded as Taeyeon continued her drunken rant against Sooyoung. The taller girl saw how much Taeyeon love Tiffany, so she wished with all her heart that Tiffany would forget any feelings for Sooyoung. For those feelings will never be requited.

“Hey Sooyoung, are you ready to go?” Hyoyeon returned when the club started closing.

Sooyoung nodded and turned to Taeyeon, who already collapsed against the bar. “I guess … I’m taking her home with me.”

“Sooyoung, you dog. So many girls were involved with you tonight.” Hyoyeon laughed as she helped Sooyoung support Taeyeon. “Man, this girl is short but so heavy!”

“Yea, she compacted all her weight into this small body.” Sooyoung, who was naturally weak, huffed and puffed all the way to Hyoyeon’s car. Fortunately, the rain had stopped and only the chills remained.

“I guess this is why you don’t go clubbing often, eh? Girls would fight over you or fight you, so you stay home to avoid trouble?” Hyoyeon climbed into the driver’s side while Sooyoung stayed in the backseat with a passed out Taeyeon.

“That’s exactly right.” Sooyoung replied sarcastically.

“Lucky girl, you gotta share your secrets with me sometimes.” Hyoyeon started the car. Taeyeon started leaning more against Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“It’s easy. You just have to be tall and beautiful like me.” Sooyoung quipped and pushed Taeyeon away, since the short girl’s breath reeked of alcohol.

“HAHAHA … I’m gonna get you .”

As Hyoyeon turned the corner, the centripetal force caused Taeyeon to slump over Sooyoung again. When Sooyoung tried to pull her off, she started jerking weirdly and making a weird hiccup-like sound. Sooyoung’s face was suddenly stricken with terror.

“No No No No No NO NO NO NO … AHHHHH!” Sooyoung tried to open the window, but it was too late.

“BLERGH!” Taeyeon vomited across Sooyoung’s lap.

“MY JEANS!” screamed Sooyoung.

“MY CAR!” screamed Hyoyeon.


 

Hello again! It's my second update today. My family celebrated Xmas, then everyone branched out to watch TV or nap ... so I ended up writing all day since I had tons of time. I wrote too much! I hope you girls/guys like it!