Wednesday – Month 1, Day 26 – 4 Minutes

Love Song

                “One tall caramel macchiato and one chocolate chip muffin for table six!”

                “One milk tea and one espresso for table for table two!”

                “Order’s up!”    

                The continuous stream of orders was consistent with the busy day at the café.  Exam season brought students there to study or review with friends. Taeyeon wiped beads of sweat from her forehead with the sleeve of her shirt before she accepted the slip of paper that was slid across the counter. The constant moving around was starting to get to her. She huffed and took a second to collect herself before she quickly decorated a cup with some coffee art. Despite her exhaustion, Taeyeon was happy to see people frequenting her café.

                “Here, Hyuna. Table three’s order.” Taeyeon wiped the edges of the cup and handed the tray over to one of her waitresses. It was tough being owner and worker, but she enjoyed being an entrepreneur.

                “Aye aye, boss.” Hyuna smiled and took the tray away.

                “Boss, can you make a tea infused hot chocolate?” Gayoon, another waitress, asked from the other side of the counter.

                “What kind of tea did they want?” Taeyeon wiped her hands on her apron and motioned toward the packages of Tazo teas. “Have them pick one out and I’ll make it.”

                “Okay!” Gayoon smiled and dashed away.

                The doorbell announced a new arrival to the already packed café. Taeyeon turned around to greet them. “Welcome … oh, Sooyoung. Hi.” She grinned happily and waved like a child when she saw a pretty girl with skyscraper legs. “I’m almost done with these orders, so I’ll be right with you.”

                Sooyoung smiled and returned Taeyeon’s happy wave. “Okay … do you need some help?” She sensed the busy atmosphere of the café.

                Taeyeon shook her head and continued her happy grin. “I’m okay. I’ll be with you soon.”

                Sooyoung nodded and pointed toward an empty table. She put down her bag and took out some studying materials.

                “Ooooh … a second girlfriend!” Hyuna popped in out of nowhere and gave Taeyeon a knowing look. She suddenly started to make a puckered surprised face that grated Taeyeon’s nerves. “I didn’t know you were like this, Boss …”

                Taeyeon rolled her eyes and curled her fist. “If you don’t stop making that weird face, I’m going to give you a new face.”

                “Alright! Alright! Jeez, you need some loving from both girlfriends. You’re getting so tense.” Hyuna backed away with a mischievous smile before she turned to Gayoon. “Our boss is such a playgirl, she’s got an eyesmile girl and a long-legged girl.”

                Taeyeon’s face burned hotly and she glared at Hyuna. Gayoon giggled at the bickering pair and shook her head. Taeyeon gave Hyuna a dirty look before she quickly went back to work. She finished out the rest of the orders and told Gayoon to cover for her while she went toward Sooyoung.

                “We’re so busy and you’re going to have y time?” Hyuna whined as Taeyeon walked past her.

                Taeyeon turned around and curled her arm like she was about to punch the kid. Hyuna yelped and quickly skipped away, leaving Taeyeon smirking evilly. “That’s what I thought.” She laughed in her wicked ajumma voice and quickly dusted flour and coffee off her shirt and apron. She collapsed on the seat opposite of Sooyoung.

                “Busy day?” Sooyoung set down her pencil and pushed her notebook aside.

                “Yes, thanks to all the college kids like you. I have plenty of work today.” Taeyeon blushed when Sooyoung reached across the table to brush some flour off her cheek. “Thanks.”

                “You’re welcome, my pretty unni.” Sooyoung grinned and winked at Taeyeon, making the older woman shiver.

                Taeyeon laughed and tossed a packet of sugar at Sooyoung. “Stop it! You’re giving me chills … what happened to you?” Finally, she noticed the bandage on Sooyoung’s forehead and the cast on her arm, not to mention the minor scratches. “Oh my gosh, what happened?” Her eyes widen and she gasped, reaching across the table to inspect Sooyoung’s wounds.

                Sooyoung cracked a small smile and leaned away from the concerned touches. “I’m fine, really. Just minor scratches …” She was afraid that Taeyeon’s touch would make her confess everything to the older girl.

                “Minor?! Your arm is in a cast!” Taeyeon frowned. “What … or who did this to you?” She cupped Sooyoung’s cheeks and tried to see all the damage.

                “Oh you know, just a random bar fight. Some girl thought I was trying to steal her girlfriend … yadayada … I’m sure you’ve heard the story before.” Sooyoung tried to hide her smile, but Taeyeon narrowed her eye at the slightly twitch of the younger woman’s lips. Taeyeon knew Sooyoung was trying to and be funny to avoid talking about her wounds.

                “Haha. Very funny.” Taeyeon pinched Sooyoung’s cheek and stretched it slightly. “Why won’t you tell me?”

                Sooyoung rubbed the sore spot left on her pinched cheek. “It’ll only worry you.”

                “I’ll be more worried since you won’t tell me what happened to you.” Taeyeon shook her head.

                “Maybe another time.” Sooyoung smiled and tapped lightly on the menu. “Unni, can I have a cup of caramel macchiato? Please?”

                Since Sooyoung asked so sweetly, Taeyeon nodded and trotted away to make her dongsaeng the drink. It hardly took any time before a cup of hot coffee was presented to Sooyoung. Taeyeon grinned and waited for Sooyoung to have a taste.

                “Mmm! It’s really good. You’re the best!” Sooyoung her lips and gave Taeyeon a thumb up.

                The doorbell chirped and someone else stepped in.

“I will let you study, I gotta get back to work … let me know if you need anything, okay?” Taeyeon ruffled Sooyoung’s hair as she stood up.

                Hyuna’s whiney voice rang across the café. “Boss, your OTHER girlfriend is here, too!”

                Taeyeon froze and Sooyoung turned back to look at the door. They saw a shocked Tiffany staring at Taeyeon.

                “OTHER GIRLFRIEND?” Tiffany yelled.

                “Whoops! That was a secret?” Hyuna stuck her tongue out and darted away before Taeyeon could strangle her to death.

                “Yah! Kim Taeyeon, what did she mean “OTHER” girlfriend?!” Tiffany’s eyes were lit with confusion and anger while Taeyeon approached with caution.

                “Yeobo, don’t listen to that crazy girl. You’re my only girlfriend. My one and only.” Taeyeon smiled and reached for her girlfriend’s hand, only to have it slapped away.

                “Where is the vixen, huh?” Tiffany looked around the café until Sooyoung stood up and awkwardly waved at her.

                “H-hey, Tiffany … please don’t hurt me.” Sooyoung stood behind and put her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulders. “Taeyeon-unni and I just … can’t help ourselves … our hearts grow fonder by the minu- no, they grow fonder by the second.” Sooyoung leaned down and kissed Taeyeon’s fluffy cheek, which was burning bright red. “Right, unni?”

                “Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany smacked Taeyeon’s arm while Sooyoung ducked to avoid anymore injury to her body.

                “I-I can explain! Oww! Ah!” Taeyeon blocked most of Tiffany purse-swings with her arms while the rest of the café watched on with great interest. “Sooyoung! Stop messing around!”

                “Aww … fine.” Sooyoung stood in front of Tiffany and shook her head. “Don’t worry, Tiffany. I tried and tried, but she loves only you.” Sooyoung pushed Taeyeon toward Tiffany and waved to the two lovers. “I have to get back to studying, why don’t you kids go have some fun, eh?” She winked at them and walked away.

                Taeyeon was left blushing and stuttering in front of Tiffany. “D-d-don’t listen to her. She didn’t try anything and I don’t like her like t-that.”

                Not too far away from them, Gayoon and Hyuna were giggling. They rarely saw their boss acting this way. Taeyeon was cuter than normal.

                “I want to talk to you.” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her toward the door to the storage room. She flipped on the light and locked the door behind them.

                Taeyeon was so surprised when she felt Tiffany’s lips on hers. After a moment of shock, she fully wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and kissed her back fervidly. She felt her back being pinned against the side of a shelf by Tiffany’s body. She understood how upset Tiffany might have been. Though the thoughts of her girlfriend’s jealousy turned her on a little bit … maybe a lot. But it was during working hours, Taeyeon could not allow her desires to wander too far.

                In the lull between their passionate kisses, Taeyeon quietly muttered. “I only have about four minutes left on my break …”

                “Why only four minutes?” Tiffany paused and blinked confusedly.

                “Because I was chatting with Sooyoung for a bit, now I only have that much left.” Taeyeon tried to avoid Tiffany’s burning eyes.

                “You’re the owner, you can take however long a break you want.”

                “I know. But I don’t want to see a bad example.” Taeyeon felt bad for disappointing Tiffany. Just as she was about to suggest they postpone until they get home, Tiffany spoke again.

                “Fine. Then let’s make these four minutes count.”

                “H-huh? What? Whoa –“ Tiffany silenced Taeyeon again.


                After more than four minutes, the door opened again and Sooyoung looked up to find a nonchalant Tiffany leadingly a flustered Taeyeon out of the room. She chuckled and looked back down at her notes on the preparation book. The entrance exam is a month away, so she will study for that after her regular exams.

                Tiffany sat down in front of Sooyoung while Taeyeon went behind the counter. They smiled when their eyes met, it made Sooyoung jealous of their relationship. Her thoughts drifted to her two possible futures and when her attention was refocused, she noticed that Tiffany was speaking to her.

                “Hmm?” Sooyoung blinked and tilted her head. “I’m sorry, can you say that again?”

                “I asked how your exams were going.” Tiffany lightly tapped on the page in front of Sooyoung. “Studying hard?”

                “Or hardly studying.” Sooyoung smiled and shook her head. “It’s not too bad though, I won’t have any trouble passing these exams.”

                “So what happened to you, if you don’t mind me asking?” Tiffany was among the many who asked Sooyoung about her injuries. Taeyeon asked right before her.

                Sooyoung looked down to the cast on her arm and smiled. “Just a minor injury.”

                “I see.” Tiffany stared at Sooyoung, scrutinizing every detail on the younger’s face. “You’ve got a lot of secrets now … and a lot more baggage since highschool.” Her voice was soft and gentle. “You know you have friends you can count on, Taeyeon and I for instant. So share your worries with us before your shoulders droop from the pressure.”

                Sooyoung looked off, and then came back to the present. She smiled, it was bright and genuine. “I know. I’m thankful for my friends, you and Taeyeon-unni included.”

                Tiffany understood that Sooyoung did not want to discuss the topic any further. “Mmm. So how much longer do you have?”

                “I have my last exam tomorrow.”

                “That soon?”

                Sooyoung nodded. “Yep.” To be honest, Sooyoung did not know what to talk to Tiffany about. She felt rather awkward sitting there with Tiffany, as if the older girl was interviewing her.

                Tiffany thought it over for a moment. “So do you have any celebration planned?”

                Sooyoung nodded again. “My friends, Yuri and Hyoyeon, planned to have an end of the year dinner celebration.”

                “Oh?” Tiffany asked with some surprise. “That’s very nice of them … so …” Her voice drifted and her brows shifted up and down like some sort of hint.

                “Uh …” Sooyoung understood and smiled. “Would you and Taeyeon-unni like to join us?”

                Immediately, Tiffany clapped her hands together and leaned forward. “Really? Can we come?” Her eyesmiles barely hid the excited gleam in her eyes.

                Sooyoung laughed and nodded again. “Of course. But on the condition that you have to bring some food. It’s a potluck style dinner thing.”

                Tiffany’s arms shot up in the air. “YES!” She was loud enough to draw attention from the entire café audience.

                Taeyeon looked over to see what got her girlfriend so excited. She smiled when Tiffany waved at her.

                “Taetae! We’re going to have dinner at Sooyoung’s tomorrow. You have to cook something to bring over!” Tiffany giggled as Taeyeon’s surprised expression turned out to be extra dorky.

                “Wae? Why does it have to be me?” Taeyeon looked exasperated. “I always cook. I want a day off!”

                “Because you’re the best cook ever, my love!” Tiffany blew an air kiss toward Taeyeon.

                “Yea, unni!” Sooyoung chirped in her answer.

                Taeyeon rolled her eyes, but a small smile was easily seen on her lips.

                “Ooh! Can I come too?” Hyuna chimed in.

                “No!” Taeyeon cut her off and handed her a tray. “Here, give this to Tiffany.” It was Tiffany’s favorite drink; her girlfriend did not even have to order.

                As Hyuna made her way toward Tiffany’s and Sooyoung’s table, she stopped by Gayoon’s side. She said in a stage whisper. “I think our boss is totally whipped – she’s going to cook because Tiffany-unni said so.” Gayoon nodded sagely. Hyuna continued toward Tiffany’s table, pretending to ignore the irritated growl coming from Taeyeon’s direction.

                “Hey boss …” Gayoon pointed at Taeyeon’s neck, “is that a hickey?”

                “Gah!” Taeyeon pulled her collar up and turned away. “Not you too, Gayoon!”

                Hyuna high-fived Gayoon and they laughed together until Taeyeon came toward them with a threatening fist.


Hello everyone, it's me again! Sorry that I took a month to update this short chapter.

I'm done with my semester of school ... but now I go straight into clinical rotations, which is awesome because I won't have to study again for a while. No more exams! (for a while) so I will update the next chapter soon! Read this to keep you amused until then!

I also updated Chapter 25, which was deleted from AFF when the servers crashed.

Thanks for sticking with me for so long! You guys&girls are amazing!