Friday – Month 1, Day 28 – Welcome Reality

Love Song

EVENTS IN THIS CHAPTER HAPPENED ON THE SAME DAY AS CHAPTER 32!


 

                  “Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy …”

                                                      It started off low …

                  “Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy …”

                                                      Then, it got louder …

                  “WAKE UP IN THE MORNING FEELING LIKE P DIDDY …”

                                                      Then, finally it BLASTED!

                  Ah, dreams sweet dreams, it was time to say farewell.

                  Krystal kept her eyes closed as she callously hit her hand around her nightstand, trying to stop her alarm from going on. She did not want to leave the comfortably warm confine of her bed at all. Finally, her finger found the snooze button.

                  “Hey what’s up girl?!” A voice sang suddenly and Krystal frowned. It was not P Diddy’s voice. She would recognize that voice anytime, even if her eyes were closed.

                  Purposely, Krystal turned away and pulled her blanket over her head.

                  “Jjung! Wake up!” The voice suddenly got whiney as Krystal noticed a shift on her bed. “Wake up!”

                  Krystal ignored the annoying voice and covered her ears, but the other person was not going to leave her alone so easily. Soon, Krystal felt her body bouncing up and down the mattress as the other person made it her own trampoline.

                  “YAH!” Feeling frustrate, Krystal sat up and aimed her pillow at Sulli’s head.

                  Sulli quickly ducked two successive pillows before she jumped on top of Krystal. “Aww, don’t be such a grouch! C’mon, it’s time to get up. We have a lot to do today!”

                  “I know!” Krystal growled out of frustration and rubbed her hair until she looked like a wild woman. “We’ve had a lot to do all week, can’t I sleep in for just one day?!”

                  Sulli laughed and combed her fingers through her lover’s dark locks. She tucked Krystal’s hair behind her ear, “I know. But it’s been all wedding stuff that we had to do, what about Jungli time?” She laid her head on Krystal’s chest, “I miss you.”

                  Krystal’s grouchiness quickly deflated and she gently Sulli’s sleek hair. “What do you mean you miss me? We see each other every day.”

                  Sulli nuzzled her face into the warmth of Krystal’s chest. “I know, but it’s been all wedding stuff. You’ve been stressed out and snappy lately …”

                  “It hasn’t been all about wedding stuff, we had dinner the other night!” Krystal was feeling a bit defensive from Sulli’s accusations.

                  “Yea, because it was the only meal we had all day that day. From morning to night, it was all wedding stuff. We were busy stuffing our faces, so we didn’t even talk … and then we passed out at home!” Sulli whined and rubbed her face all over Krystal’s chest.

                  “Stop it, you’re tickling me!” Krystal laughed and tried to change the subject.

                  “You smell so good …” Sulli muttered softly as she hugged Krystal tightly. “I miss just you and me … wherever we go, your mom and Sica-unni were there … we didn’t have any alone time.”

                  Krystal smiled when she realized that poor Sulli had been starving for some attention. Her heart swelled and her smile grew into a wide grin. She hugged Sulli’s shoulders gently. “We can have alone time after the wedding is done.”

                  “Noooo … That’s too far away … ” Sulli whined softly, buried her face further into Krystal’s chest, and kicked her legs against the mattress. “I want Krystal-and-Sulli-time right now …”

                  Krystal wanted to laugh, but she did not want to pamper Sulli too much. All the Jung women are icy and distant by action, but mindful and considerate by nature. “Stop behaving like this, you know I want alone time, too. But we have things to do today. There are flowers to check on, then the food, and the venue … the wedding is tomorrow, we’ll have Krystal-and-Sulli-time soon.”

                  “…” Sulli said nothing.

                  After waiting for several seconds, Krystal looked down at her girlfriend, whose face is still buried in her chest. “… Sulli?”

                  “…” A pattern of soft breathing answered Krystal’s question. Sulli had fallen asleep in her comfortable position.

                  Krystal smiled and kissed the top of Sulli’s head. “You’re so cute.” She was slightly worried that her girlfriend might suffocate sleeping in that position, so she turned Sulli’s head so that Sulli’s cheek rested on her chest instead.

                  Despite having a heavy sleeping girl on top of her, Krystal was as comfortable as she could be. With her arms around Sulli’s shoulders, she nuzzled her cheek against Sulli’s hair and drifted back to sleep. All was perfect and happy in Krystal’s little bedroom world.

                  For the better part of the morning, the two lovebirds were asleep. That was until a maid knocked at the door and announced that it was lunchtime. They knew better than to wake Krystal for breakfast, as the Jungs usually skipped that meal in favor of sleep. However, they do like to be awake around lunchtime.

                  “Ssul …” Krystal moaned softly before letting out a satisfying yawn that filled her lungs and expanded her chest.

                  “Mmm …” Sulli replied with her eyes closed.

                  “It’s time to wake up …” Krystal kept her eyes closed.

                  “Let’s stay in bed …”

                  “Okay … want to eat lunch in bed?”

                  “Lunch … AH!” Sulli suddenly sat up.

                  “What?! What’s wrong?” Krystal’s eyes shot open as she stared at Sulli worriedly.

                  “We wasted the morning in bed! We could’ve had Krystal-and-Sulli-time instead of sleeping!” Sulli pouted.

                  “Yah! You scared me!” Krystal hit Sulli in the head with her pillow. She did not use too much power, though. “We did spend the morning together, in case you didn’t notice.”

                  Sulli shook her head. “But it’s not the same! I came over here bright and early to see you … but we ended falling asleep. It’s the Curse of the Jungs!” She shook her fist and looked up at the ceiling while pouting.

                  “Get out.” Krystal smacked Sulli’s arm. “Get out of here, you jerk!” She knew that Sulli was making fun of her for being a sleepyhead.

                  “Oy oy, I’m sorry! Don’t make me go!” Sulli laughed at Krystal’s playful smacks.

                  Krystal pushed back her covers and slipped out of bed. Her toes curled when they touched the cold hardwood floor. She shuffled half-asleep into her slippers and yawned as she made her way to her personal bathroom. As she closed the bathroom door, she met eyes with Sulli, who was watching her with a wide smile. “Wait for me in the kitchen.”

                  Like a puppy, Sulli nodded quickly and hopped off the bed.

                  Krystal sighed, but smiled once the door was closed. “She’s too cute.”

                  After freshening herself up, Krystal left her room and walked down the hall of the Jung mansion. The hallway was flooded with light as Krystal made her way toward the kitchen. Halfway toward the stairs, Krystal paused and turned back to go toward her sister’s room. After a few knocks on the door, Krystal opened the door just wide enough to peak her head in. Instead of a dark room and a sleeping beauty like Krystal expected, the curtains were open and the bed was made. Jessica was nowhere in sight.

                  With a semi-puzzled scowl on her face, Krystal walked into the kitchen where Sulli was happily chattering with the maids. When Sulli saw Krystal, she grinned brightly and shooed Krystal’s scowl away. “Jjung, they made your favorite lunch.”

                  Krystal nodded and turned toward the maid. “Where did my sister go?”

                  The maid shook her head. “I don’t know, Miss Krystal. Miss Jessica woke up very early this morning, ate her breakfast, and then went out. She didn’t say a word to anyone.”

                  It was curious for Jessica to be up earlier than Krystal, it was even more curious that Jessica ate breakfast without her. Jessica hated to eat alone. Krystal wanted to think it over some more, but Sulli was already ing a plate of food in her face.

                  “Eat up, we still have some time before meeting your mom at the church. I want to take a walk or something after lunch.” Sulli pulled Krystal over to the kitchen bar. Since it was just the two of them eating, it was easier to eat at the bar.

                  “Okay, where do you want to walk?” Krystal took the silverwares that Sulli handed her. “It’s too cold to be wandering around the park.”

                  “I know … instead of driving to the church, do you want to take public transit instead?” Sulli shoveled a spoonful of food into . The girl was in such a rush.

                  “Why would we want to do that?” Krystal raised her brow at Sulli. “I thought you wanted to take a walk.” Sometimes, Sulli’s romantic-dreamer personality really confused the realistic-practical Krystal.

                  “We can walk from here to the bus stop, then walk from the next bus stop to the church. I’ve always wanted to hold your hand and sit together on a bus bench. I’ll buy you a hot coffee can and we’ll warm our hands together … Kyah~ I’m so excited!” Sulli giggled happily.

                  “Yah!” Krystal’s jaws dropped. She quickly glanced at the maid, who gave her a knowing smile and walked out of the kitchen. Even though Krystal was sure that all the maids knew about her relationship with Sulli, she was not the type who liked to flaunt it. “Can you tone it down a little? Are you trying to write a drama scene or something?”

                  Sulli could tell that Krystal was a little peeved. She looked around the empty kitchen and then reached over to hold Krystal’s hand. “I’m sorry, I just get so excited … I’ll be more careful next time.”

                  Krystal could never stay too agitated with Sulli, so she nodded and continued to eat. Even after all their time together, Krystal’s cheeks always grew pink and hot when Sulli was even remotely affectionate toward her. “Let’s finish our lunch and we can go on that walk …” She mumbled under her breath.

                  “Yay!~ I love you, Jjung! You’re the best! I love you!” Sulli yelled and clapped her hands.

                  Krystal narrowed her eyes at her loudmouth girlfriend, but she did not frown again.

                  After their lunch was done and they have put on their coats, the girls bid the maids farewell and left the Jung mansion. The coming of winter was more pronounced with each gust of wind. As they walked, Sulli slung her arms around Krystal’s shoulders and pulled the younger girl closer.

                  Every time Sulli did that, Krystal felt like she was given an extra helping of protection and love. Alone, Krystal was fairly tall by Korean standard; yet, next to Sulli, Krystal was just a short kid. Sometimes Krystal needed a reminder that she was the younger one and Sulli was her older girlfriend. Krystal would never say it out loud, but she liked feeling shorter and younger. She loved each and every moment of this.

                  “Soojung-ah.” Sulli suddenly said while looking ahead.

                  “Yes?” Krystal wondered why Sulli called her by her real name.

                  “You can’t get any taller, okay?” Sulli continued to look ahead.

                  “Why?”

                  “You’re at the perfect height for me to put my arm around your shoulders.” Sulli turned and smiled at Krystal.

                  Krystal blushed and mumbled, “Okay …”

                  “What? I can’t hear you.” Sulli pretended not to hear Krystal’s answer.

                  Knowing that Sulli was teasing her, Krystal smacked Sulli’s stomach. “What am I? Your armrest? It’s because your arm was always weighing me down that I can’t grow any taller!” She smacked Sulli’s stomach again.

                  “Ow.” Sulli covered her battered belly. “I’m sorry, Jjung. I’ll take responsibility! I’ll be in charge of height in our relationship and you can be in charge of cuteness, okay?”

                  Krystal looked up at a grinning Sulli. “Cuteness?”

                  “Yeah, like aegyo … like my cousin, Sunny-unnie, the Queen of Aegyo!” Sulli grinned and pinched Krystal’s cheek. “Quick, call me unnie!”

                  “Why?” Krystal gave Sulli a deadpan look.

                  “It’s cute! And you’re in charge of cuteness now!” Sulli replied very matter-of-factly. “You never call me unnie, even though I’m older. I want that feeling, too, you know?”

                  Krystal just rolled her eyes and looked away grinning, while Sulli whined all the way to the bus stop. Then, when they were seated on the bus, the older girl held Krystal’s hand and continued to pressure her. While Krystal pretended to look cold and annoyed, she secretly enjoyed making Sulli whine. She admitted that she was a little evil.

                  When they got off the bus stop, Sulli was all quiet as they continued on foot to the church.

                  “Are you all done now?” Krystal started to girlfriend.

                  “Hmph.” Sulli harrumphed and shrugged her shoulders. “I’m going to buy some coffee.” She let go of Krystal’s hand and walked toward a vending machine.

                  Krystal’s hand felt so cold without Sulli’s warmth around it. She looked down at her hand, which had always been her own, and started to miss being part of Sulli’s. She could not stand Sulli being Sulki for too long, either.

                  With a big dramatic sigh, Krystal went up behind Sulli and quietly said. “Sulli-unnie …”

                  Sulli pretended not to hear Krystal again.

                  “Sulli-unnie …” Krystal cleared and said it a little louder.

                  Still, there was no response from Sulli.

                  Frustrated, Krystal smacked Sulli’s back and yelled, “Stupid Sulli-unni!”

                  “Ouch! My back!” Sulli collapsed in front of the vending machine and rubbed her back with one hand. “I’ve … I’ve been crippled!” She wailed while holding up a can of hot coffee. “How will I get this to my beloved Jjung?! I’m … I’m starting to lose vision … Jjung … where are you?”

                  “Oh God.” Krystal embarrassingly covered her face as she looked around for people staring at them. “I’m dating a woman-child.” She quickly grabbed Sulli’s collar and pulled the older girl up. “Let’s go.” She was too embarrassed to stay there.

                  Sulli wobbled as she was dragged along. “Whoa, slow down, Jjung. You’re walking too fast.”

                  Krystal just kept walking and eventually she felt Sulli’s hand gripping hers again. This time, Sulli’s hand was extra warm. As Krystal’s face burned again, she felt a source of heat against her cheek. Sulli was holding the can of coffee against her cheek. There was something about Sulli’s kind smile that made Krystal turned her gaze shyly downward.

                  “Here.” Sulli broke their hand connection again and put the can in Krystal’s palm. “A reward for calling me unnie. It made me really happy.”

                  Krystal looked at the warm can of coffee before shifting it to her other hand. She looked beside her and held Sulli’s hand again. “Holding hands with you makes me happy.” She could see the surprise in Sulli’s eyes when she uttered those sweet words.

                  Sulli grinned toothily and squeezed Krystal’s hand. “Keep calling me unnie and I’ll always hold your hand.”

                  “No … just once a day is enough.”

                  “Really? So you’ll call me unnie once a day?!” Sulli’s excitement shone through her eyes. Krystal always loved how Sulli’s eyes were so expressive.

                  “If you behave and start acting like an unnie.” Krystal wickedly smiled, knowing that it would be too difficult for the carefree Sulli.

                  “What do you mean?” Sulli reached over and opened the can of coffee that Krystal was holding.

                  “Well, you know Jessica-unnie? If you’re an unnie, you have to be mature like her. You have to take care of me and be more mindful of your action.” Krystal took a sip of the coffee before handing it to Sulli.

                  Sulli took a sip from the can before she started to laugh weirdly. “Heh … hehe … hehehe …” When Krystal gave her a puzzled look, Sulli held the can out toward Krystal. “Indirect kiss. Hehe …”

                  “You’re so immature.” Krystal shook her head, “I can’t call you unnie anymore.”

                  “Wait, what? Why do you want me to act like Jessica-unnie?” Sulli loudly protested. “You fell for me being me, right? So let me act like myself.”

                  “Who said that I ‘fell’ for you?” Krystal stubbornly argued.

                  “You’re so stubborn and you call me immature.” Sulli snorted and rolled her eyes.

                  “You’re the older one, remember? You’re supposed to be more mature.” Krystal started to raise her voice.

                  Sulli looked suspiciously at Krystal. “Do you have some sort of sister-complex or something? Is that why you want me to be like Jessica-unnie? Omigosh, Jjung! That’s sick!” She uttered a shriek before looking away from Krystal.

                  “Yah! You delusional girl, I’m going to kick you if you keep teasing me like that.” Krystal threateningly glared at Sulli.

                  “Oh no! No no no!” Sulli pretended to be scared. “Please don’t kick me with your Super Jung Kick! I don’t want any broken bones. I’ll behave.” She grinned sheepishly.

                  “You can’t even act mature for one day!” Krystal shook her head.

                  They continued to walk hand in hand for several minutes.

                  “What kind of mature do you want me to be, Jjung?” Sulli wondered aloud. “Mature and humorless like Jessica-unnie? Or …” She winked at Krystal, “R-rated sort of mature?”

                  Krystal’s voice cracked as she turned beet red. “ert!”

                  “Hehe.” Sulli liked to tease Krystal. Truthfully, even if Krystal consented to R-rated things, Sulli would not know what to do. It was not like they learn that kind of thing in school.

                  The journey continued for a little while longer, with both girls quiet and thinking about the sort of thing that they cannot learn in school. Eventually, they reach a white painted church with a tall bell tower. It looked like the sort of church from the movies. The Jung-Seo wedding was to be held there tomorrow. The ceremony will be inside the church while the reception was in the outside area in the back.

                  The girls’ hands parted before the gate of the church and they soon found Krystal’s mother. She directed them to things that she still needed them to work on. All afternoon, the girls were kept busy without a chance even to speak to each other. Sometimes, Krystal would glance toward Sulli to find the other girl always smiling back at her. It was because of those moments that Krystal’s heart would beat irregularly.

                  Finally, they were given a break after three hours.

                  “Krystal, have you seen your sister today?” Mrs. Jung walked up to Krystal, who was just handed a bottle of water by Sulli.

                  “No, Mom. According to the maids, she left the house early this morning. I thought she went to run some errands for you.” Krystal started to worry about Jessica.

                  “Aish, I haven’t spoken to her all day. Where could she have gone during a day like this?”

                  Krystal wondered the same thought. She waited until her mom left before she pulled out her phone and called her sister. The phone rang until it went to voicemail. Krystal tried a few more times while Sulli looked on.

                  “Do you think she’s with …” Krystal turned toward Sulli.

                  “Sooyoung-unnie?”

                  Krystal nodded.

                  Sulli shrugged. “I don’t know, I’m not their keeper.”

                  Not wanting to call Sooyoung, Krystal dialed her home number instead.

                  [“Good afternoon, Jung resident.”]

                  “Hey, it’s Krystal.” Krystal informally greeted the butler. “Is my sister home?”

                  [“Yes, Miss Krystal. Miss Jessica recently returned home and is resting in her room right now.”]

                  “Is she okay?” Krystal wondered.

                  [“She seemed a little upset when she went up to her room.”]

                  “Okay, thanks.” Krystal hung up the phone and went to find her mom, leaving Sulli standing around.

                  Worried that her sister was sick or worse, Krystal told her mom that she was going home to check on Jessica. When she came back, she grabbed Sulli’s hand and dragged the older girl out of the church. Sulli was surprised, but she felt how tense Krystal was, so she stayed quiet until they get on the bus.

                  “I’m sorry, Jjung.” Sulli said in a low voice.

                  “Why are you sorry?”

                  “Because I suggested that we walk and take the bus. I know you’re worried and you would’ve gotten home faster if we had taken the car.” Sulli leaned her head against Krystal’s.

                  “You couldn’t have known and I enjoyed our walk …” Krystal leaned her head against Sulli’s. She sighed softly and let Sulli’s soft body temporarily distract her from her worries. Ever since she was little, Krystal had always worried and cared for Jessica. She revered and loved her sister like an idol. She loved Jessica’s glowing smile and calm demeanor. That was why Krystal hated Sooyoung so much for hurting her sister.

                  “I’m glad.” Sulli smiled and kissed the tip of Krystal’s ear.

                  When they got off the bus, Krystal pulled Sulli along once more. Her long black hair fluttered in the wind as she moved like a dart. Sulli watched Krystal’s straight back and flowing hair. She smiled a little at the younger girl, whose back was so strong and dependable. She understood why she would want to love and protect this strong little girl forever and after.

                  When they reached Jung mansion, Krystal left Sulli’s hand and raced up to her sister’s room. She knocked first, since even in urgency, she still had her manners. No answer came from the door so Krystal twisted the knob and walked in. She looked around the dark room. The curtains were closed so that only a sliver of light was passing through and Jessica’s form was on the bed, fast asleep.

                  Krystal quietly circled around the bed and looked at her sister’s face. She saw that Jessica was sleeping in a fetal position. She had on very business style dress and her mascara had been smeared around her eyes. Not to mention the puffiness of Jessica’s eyes. Those dark marks could only come from Jessica’s tears. With a pained expression, Krystal pulled the covers up to keep her sister warm. Quietly, she walked out of the room again to meet with Sulli downstairs.

                  “Is she alright?” Sulli rose from the sofa.

                  Krystal shook her head. “I don’t know. She’s sleeping now, but she’s been crying.”

                  “…” Sulli was worried, too, but she knew soon Krystal would start …

                  “It must be Sooyoung’s fault.” Krystal tightened her fist and informally referred to Sulli’s beloved cousin.

                  “Jjung, don’t be so quick to blame Sooyoung-unnie.” Sulli reached for Krystal’s balled fist.

                  “Who else do you think could make my sister cry herself to sleep?!” Krystal ripped her fist out of Sulli’s grasp. Her anger was flaring. “I hate her!”

                  “Stop!” Sulli grabbed Krystal’s hand again. “We don’t know the whole store yet, so don’t blame Sooyoung-unnie. She had been working hard to get Jessica-unnie back.” Just as Krystal was quick to blame Sooyoung, Sulli was quick to defend her cousin.

                  “You always take her side, even after all the pain she put my sister through!” Krystal’s voice rose. “Do you know how long it took for her to be happy again? And just when her happiness started to return, your precious Sooyoung-unnie showed up. Now, I see the sad days come back once again … I don’t know how long she would last if your Sooyoung keep toying with her heart.”

                  Sulli’s eyes widened with Krystal’s words. She knew that the Jessica-Sooyoung relationship was a touchy subject for Krystal, but she did not know that Krystal hated Sooyoung that much. “Please be reasonable, Krystal.” This was no time for pet names. “This is not our business to discuss, let’s wait until Jessica-unnie to be up and ask her what happened. I’m sure it’s not Sooyoung-unnie’s fault in any way.” Sulli had complete faith in her cousin.

                  “I know it is her fault.” Krystal snapped. She could be burning with anger and acted cold at the same time. “If not directly, then indirectly she caused my sister pain. She doesn’t deserve my sister and I will never forgive her.”

                  Just as Krystal had grown up revering her sister, Sulli had grown up idolizing her cousin. She wanted to stay out of their relationship, but she could never let someone talk badly about Sooyoung. “You tell me to be mature in this relationship, but look at how you’re acting.”

                  “Oh yeah? How am I acting?” Krystal fired back.

                  “You’re being so dumb and immature. You know nothing, yet you insist on blaming Sooyoung-unnie. How is it any of your business to into their relationship? Whatever they are going through, it is their business alone.” Sulli frowned. “Sooyoung-unnie was in pain when your sister left, too. You don’t even know what she went through.”

                  “If I’m so dumb and immature, then why are you still with me? How dare you say it is none of my business?! She’s my sister!” Krystal’s voice echoed through the big mansion.

                  “I can’t do this right now, I’m going home. You need to cool off and stop acting like a little spoiled brat.” Sulli grabbed her coat and started for the door.

                  “Stay here and talk this out, you coward. You’re running, but I’m a spoiled brat?” Krystal felt hurt and her tears were welling up.

                  Sulli slammed the door behind her and walked out of the Jung property. That was not how she wanted the day to end. She knew it was a pointless argument, but she had her pride, too. She wanted to cry, but she wanted to be strong, too. So she ran instead.

                  Inside the Jung mansion, Krystal collapsed onto the sofa and wondered how the fight escalated so quickly. She buried her face in her hands and sniffled quietly to herself. She felt alone, especially in this big house, and no one to talk to.

                  “What’s wrong, Krystal?” A soft voice called from the stairs and Krystal looked back to find Jessica coming down to the living area. She had already changed and washed her face. “I heard loud voices down here.” She yawned softly.

                  Krystal wiped away whatever tears that lingered on her eyes and smiled. “Oh nothing, unnie. It must have been the TV.”

                  Jessica looked at the TV, which was off at that moment. She looked at Krystal’s puffy eyes as she approached her sister. “Did you and Sulli have a fight?”

                  Krystal turned away from Jessica’s knowing look. Her silence confirmed Jessica’s guess.

                  The older sister sat down and gently her younger sister’s hair. “Was Sulli being a jerk to you? Do you want me to pierce her ears with my Dolphin Shriek or my Jung Kick? Both are super effective against her.”

                  Krystal laughed softly and shook her head. She laid her head down on Jessica’s lap, as it was one of the most comforting things. “I’m fine, how about you?” She looked up at Jessica’s puffy eyes. “Was someone being a jerk to you? Do you want me to take care of them?”

                  “I can take care of myself, silly.” Jessica smiled softly and continued to Krystal’s hair. “I can’t make my dongsaeng worry about me anymore, I’ve grown up now. I’ll be able to take care of myself. Don’t worry about me and focus on your relationship okay?”

                  Krystal smiled and nodded to make Jessica happy. Just then Jessica’s stomach growled quiet loudly, interrupting the sweet moment that the sisters were sharing. They exploded into hearty laughter before Krystal sat up. She smiled at Jessica and gently poked her sister’s cheek. “C’mon, I’ll make you a pre-dinner snack.”

                  Jessica pouted cutely and nodded.

                  Both sisters got up to move to the kitchen. Krystal moved ahead of Jessica to get things ready. Just then, Jessica’s phone chirped to let her know that she had received a message.

                  “If that’s mom, she’s been worried about you. You should give her a call.” Krystal mentioned and kept walking, but she heard no reply from Jessica. When she turned back, she found her sister as pale as a cotton ball.

                  Jessica’s eyes were staring at the phone as if she had been turned into stone. Then in slow motion, the phone slipped from her fingers and bounced from the marble floor until it landed between Krystal and Jessica. Krystal slowly picked up the phone. Her eyes widened when she saw the picture on the cracked screen. She looked up at her sister, who was slowly crumpling onto the floor.

                  Wordlessly, Krystal kneeled down in front of Jessica, who quickly broke into sobs.

                  Krystal wrapped her arms around her sister, whose shivering shoulders she had hugged countless times before. She hugged Jessica tightly and the older woman’s back. She then squeezed the phone in her hand until pain came and gone.

                  “I’m going to kill Choi Sooyoung.” Krystal promised herself.


Hello every one! I've updated again! On time, too!

This chapter is sort of like an intermission, it doens't move the story forward, just to add a bit of sweetness to balance with the drama. The real dramatic chapter should be Chapter 34! I hope you will enjoy this one, nonetheless. A little Jungli fluff is good for your soul, trust me! (well ... except for the slightly dramatic ending of this chapter)

Anyways, I sat down this morning and just wrote until late afternoon, so my fingers are complaining. I think I will go watch some TV and zone out for a while ... so I will reply to your awesome comments soon (within this week), thank you for your patience! We are almost to the finish line! Woot! I will muscle up what little writing skills I have to finish well :D