Sunday – Month 1, Day 16 – Siren (part 1)

Love Song

 

The clinking sound of silverware against ceramic hung around the heavy air at the lunch table. The two occupants were silently eating their food even thought each was bursting to talk to the other. They kept missing each other’s glances by a fraction of a second, as their gaze flitted between their plate and the other person.

For the first time in her life, Sooyoung chewed silently and dreaded her presence at a table full of food. Between her stolen glances at Yuri, she tried to formulate what to say to the other woman, without it sounding like an interrogation. While last night was amazing, as were many other times, she could not shake this strange feeling from her head.

When she woke up, it was already sometime in the late afternoon. At first she thought it was just a dream, because she found the other side of the bed to be empty and felt extremely hollow inside. It was not the first time she felt that way after a night with Yuri, but it felt even worse that she was delusional. However, she was surprised when Yuri came in and told her lunch was ready. The other woman almost never cooks, they always had take out.

The sound of Yuri setting her silverware down caused Sooyoung to return to reality. She watched the tanned woman drink her orange juice before she set her own silverware down. “Ahem.” She cleared . “Thanks for lunch.” Everything was the same, yet different. Yuri had been gone for months and Jessica was back. The thought of Jessica made Sooyoung sick to her stomach with guilt. Sooyoung felt a mixed feeling of anxiety as if she knew that trouble was coming her way.

“You’re welcome.” Yuri nodded and attempted a small, friendly smile.

Contrast to their night of red-hot passion, the air between them was cold this afternoon.

“Just leave the dirty dishes, I’ll clean up.” Sooyoung wiped her lips with a napkin before she rose from the table.

“You have nothing to ask me?” Yuri rose to her feet as well. Even though she was not as tall as Sooyoung, they always saw eye-to-eye.

Sooyoung’s jaws squared for a moment, she sighed and put her plate back down. “What do you want me to ask, Yuri? If you want to tell me something, you would’ve told me already.”

“About my time abroad? Why I came back early?” Yuri reached across the table and touched Sooyoung’s chin. “I know you’re curious.”

“Why yes I am, Yuri.” Sooyoung leaned away from Yuri’s touch. “Since you’re in a generous mood, why don’t you tell me why you decided to go abroad in the first place? Why did you leave …” Sooyoung’s hands curled into fists, ”Why did you leave so abruptly?”

“I needed some time to think.” Yuri replied very matter-of-factly. Sooyoung was unsatisfied with the terse answer.

Sooyoung bitterly chuckled and shook her head. “Oh, that explains everything.” She her heels and left the table

“Look, Sooyoung … will you just listen to me for a minute?” Yuri growled and followed Sooyoung into the kitchen.

“I am listening.” Sooyoung distracted herself with the dirty dishes.

“Really? Because it is hard to tell.” Yuri reached over and turned Sooyoung to face her. With a swift step, she trapped the taller woman against the kitchen counter. Her body is pressed right against that thin frame. “Why are you being so grumpy like this?”

Sooyoung looked down at the smooth seductress and watched as those plump lips moved. She leaned back against the counter and rested her hand on the cool surface to keep her grounded while her body got wrapped up in the heat of the moment. “I don’t know, Yuri, maybe because my best friend suddenly decided to study abroad and gave me only two days to process that? Or maybe because she was gone for almost three months without writing or calling? You tell me.” Resentment dripped from Sooyoung’s voice.

“Did you miss me?” Yuri’s eyes flicker.

“Not at all. I’m made of stone.”

“Well, I missed you.” Yuri rested her head on Sooyoung’s shoulders. “I missed you so much that I almost went crazy.” Her hands found themselves resting on Sooyoung’s hips.

“Almost.” Sooyoung retorted, though her nostrils flare at the scent of Yuri’s hair. The tanned woman was still using the same shampoo. “I’m sure you found a way to resolve that.”

Yuri hesitated before she nodded.

“Was it just one girl? Or did you have one each night to keep you so busy that you couldn’t call, email, or text to tell me that you were alive?”

Yuri could judge from Sooyoung’s voice that the younger woman was jealous, even if she would never admit it. The realization made her smile a little. “I’m sorry, Soo.”

“Don’t say you’re sorry. You didn’t even consider how I feel at all.” Yuri’s ear was pressed against Sooyoung’s chest and she could hear the steady rise in her heartbeat.

Yuri leaned back and draped her arms around Sooyoung’s neck. Her lips curled into a smile that she knew would pacify Sooyoung for the most part. “You felt that … if I may take a guess … you felt that I treated you like any other girl. You were hurt because you felt alone when I didn’t contact you … you thought about the possibilities of other women in my bed. Maybe you were scared that I wouldn’t come back … have I considered what you felt? Or should I go on?”

Sooyoung started shaking and her eyes watered as Yuri’s smoky voice articulated her hidden insecurities. “If you knew, then why did you still …”

“Because I wanted you to miss me and think about me.” Yuri smiled and gently caressed Sooyoung’s round cheeks. “I’m the only one who knows you best.”

“You’re my best friend, I would have missed you and thought about you regardless.” Sooyoung inhaled sharply and tore her gaze away from Yuri’s magnetizing eyes.

Sooyoung missed the shade of disappointment that briefly colored Yuri’s eyes. “That’s … right. I’m your best friend …” There was an unmistakable sigh in those words.

“You’re really selfish.” Sooyoung muttered.

“I know.” Yuri tiptoed and pressed her warm lips against Sooyoung’s chin. “I ...” Yuri’s words were cut short by the clicking sound of the front door unlocking. She leaned away from Sooyoung with a confused expression on her face before she looked toward the hallway, where footsteps were approach.

Soon, a short woman with light brown hair, that bounced as she walked, appeared from the corner, followed by a slightly taller woman with long black locks that cascaded down. Both women were beautiful, as far as Yuri could tell.

“Sooyoungie … are you ho-” Taeyeon called out before her eyes fell on the pair in the kitchen. Her eyes widened and her cheeks turned bright red. “Ack! Sorry! Sorry!” She quickly turned away while raising a hand to cover Tiffany’s eyes.

Tiffany froze as the scene also shocked her.

Sooyoung blinked as she processed what just happened. Taeyeon had returned with Tiffany, while she and Yuri were in a compromising position in the kitchen. Yuri only had on one of Sooyoung’s oversized shirt, which barely covered her bare . Sooyoung was only clad in a simple bra and short-shorts, since she had forgotten about Taeyeon staying at her place.

Instinctively, Sooyoung covered her chest while her hand tugged Yuri’s shirt down a bit. “Um … we’ll be right back … excuse us.” Quickly, she grabbed Yuri’s hand and dragged the other woman into her bedroom. Taeyeon nodded instantly and Sooyoung could see her cheeks were burning red.

Once the door was closed, Sooyoung dashed toward her dresser and pulled out whatever appropriate looking clothes she had.

“Who are they?” Yuri quietly asked before she sat down on Sooyoung’s bed. She crossed her legs, wanting to entice Sooyoung with their y smoothness.

“Long story.” Sooyoung found a pair of jeans and t-shirt that belonged to Yuri in her closet, so she tossed them toward the other woman.

“Looks like you’ve been busy as well.” Yuri ignored the clothes and scooted further back in the bed.

“Don’t start with me, woman.” Sooyoung slipped off her shorts and quickly stepped into her own jeans. “Get dressed, you can’t go out there like that.”

“Then I won’t go out there at all. Why should I have to entertain your GIRLFRIENDS?” Yuri spread her arms out and emphasized the word ‘girlfriends.’

“They’re not my girlfriends.”

“ buddies?”

“No.” Sooyoung pulled her top over her head.

“Hard to believe. You even gave them your spare key. It took you a year to give me one.”

“Look, a lot of things happened while you were gone, okay? Just drop it and I will explain later.” Yuri could tell that Sooyoung was getting annoyed.

Yuri shrugged and slipped under the covers on Sooyoung’s side. “If you won’t tell me, then I’m going back to sleep.”

“Suit yourself.” Sooyoung shook her head at the moody woman and left the room. Yuri was suspicious about the TaeNy couple, but Sooyoung did not have time to explain everything.

Outside, Taeyeon was packing her things back into her luggage and Tiffany was helping her. Sooyoung felt sadden the moment she saw the shorty’s back. She had grown accustomed to having Taeyeon around. The older woman had taken excellent care of her and she did not want to part with this warm feeling. “Are you leaving?” She finally spoke, causing the two girls to turn toward her.

“Uh huh.” Taeyeon smiled and casted a sideward glance toward Tiffany, who answered with an eye smile. “We talked everything out and decided to give each other another chance.”

Tiffany nodded while gazing back at her lover, “I’d be stupid if I let her go for such a small argument.”

Sooyoung laughed and shook her head, “When you two fight, it’s like the sky is falling. When you’re together, it’s so sweet and corny that it’s smothering.” She stood beside them and placed her hands on their shoulders. “But I am happy that you girls worked it out.”

“No thanks to you, giant.” Taeyeon poked Sooyoung’s belly. “You only wanted to eat my food.”

“Yeah, all you did was keeping my girlfriend away from me.” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon close. “Were you trying to seduce her?”

Sooyoung laughed as she rubbed the sore spot on her belly. “You got me. I just love this pint size cutie.” She grabbed onto Taeyeon’s arm and tugged the woman toward her.

“Hey girls, play nice …” Taeyeon felt pressure from both sides.

“Let go of her, don’t think that you can bully me.” Tiffany did a karate chop on Sooyoung’s wrist.

Sooyoung shook her head. “Only if you promise to treat my unni right. If you hurt her, I’ll come take her back.”

“Yah. I can take care of myself.” Taeyeon tried to shake the two girls off, because their grips were starting to hurt her.

Tiffany made a last ditch effort to pull her Taeyeon back while Sooyoung let go of the older woman. She grinned valiantly after she had won the battle. “I promise.”

After a few more moments of chattering, Sooyoung noticed the constant glances toward her bedroom door. She casually glanced back there before smiling apologetically. “I’m sorry about her. She just returned abroad, so she’s a bit tired.”

“Are you sure? It seemed like …” Tiffany started.

“Ahem.” Taeyeon covered her girlfriend’s mouth and smiled dorkily. “We understand, don’t worry about it … she’s the girl in the pictures, right?”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung looked confused before Taeyeon gestured toward the myriad of photo frames that covered a large portion on one of her walls. They were either photos of just Sooyoung or it was Sooyoung and Yuri. Rarely were there photos with anyone else, usually a coworker or two who happened to be around. “Oh yeah …” Sooyoung grinned and nodded.

“I noticed them the first day I woke up here.” Taeyeon admired the massive amount of photos.

“Yuri enjoys documenting memories in photos.” Sooyoung spoke fondly of Yuri.

“What about Jessica?” asked Tiffany, who pried Taeyeon’s hand off a long time ago.

Sooyoung’s smile fell as a shadow was cast over her features. She lowered her gaze and shook her head, “What about Jessica?”

“For someone who claims to be in love with Jessica, you certainly act lovey dovey with this other woman. I never thought you would be a player like this, Choi Sooyoung.”

The gloomy expression on Sooyoung’s face hardened and she glared at Tiffany, “For someone who’s been out of my life for years, you certainly act like you know me so well, Hwang Miyoung.” She felt attacked by Tiffany’s pointed words.

Taeyeon looked worriedly between the two girls and sensed that the playful atmosphere had dissipated. “Let’s not argue right now … Sooyoung, thank you for putting up with me these past few days. I appreciate it a lot.” She stepped up and embraced the tallest woman. “You’re a wonderful dongsaeng.”

Sooyoung’s expression softened and a small smile snuck onto her lips. She wrapped her arms around Taeyeon and squeezed the woman tight. “You’re welcome, unni. I’ll come visit you at the café soon … it’s going to be lonely without you here.”

“Come by anytime, I’ll treat you to something good.” Taeyeon nodded and smiled at Sooyoung before she turned toward Tiffany with an expectant look. She nodded toward Sooyoung, wanting her girlfriend to make up with the younger woman.

“Um … sorry, Sooyoung … I’m just …” Tiffany struggled with the words.

Sooyoung pulled Tiffany into a hug. “No offense taken, Tiff, I know you’re just worried for your friends. Maybe I can explain all this to you someday.”

“Yea.” Tiffany sighed and patted Sooyoung’s back. “You can talk to Tae or me if you need someone to listen.” She was still curious about this tanned stranger, but she knew better than to press on.

“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.”

“AHEM …” Taeyeon interrupted the tender moment and pulled the two apart. That hug was getting a little too long for her liking. “We better get going, my shift at the café starts soon.”

“Awww, my unni got jealous … alright, let me walk you girls out.” Sooyoung laughed and picked up one of Taeyeon’s luggage, but Tiffany took it from her.

“I’ve got this.” Tiffany smiled and headed toward the door.

“Here’s your key back, thanks, Sooyoung.” Taeyeon handed Sooyoung her spare key.

“I’ll see you soon, unni.” When Tiffany was out of sight, Sooyoung leaned down and pecked Taeyeon gently on the cheek. “I’ll miss you.”

Taeyeon’s porcelain cheeks turned red instantly and she smacked Sooyoung’s . “You tease.” Her eyes lingered around the living area and took in one last look before she headed toward the door.

Sooyoung laughed and walked the two to the elevator. When she returned to her bedroom, she found that Yuri was fast asleep. With a small smile, she crawled into bed. Watching Yuri’s sleeping face always made her feel more peaceful. Soon, she started to quietly giggle when Yuri’s tongue slid out. It never failed to amuse her.

“Yuri-ah, why are you so cute when you’re asleep?” Sooyoung whispered and gently tapped Yuri’s nose. “You came back early to surprise me, did you?”

Her fingertip traced the other woman’s lips, the same lips that she had secretly craved these past months. “You sure know how to hurt me and then make me happy.” Then Tiffany’s reminder came flooding back into her mind. “Jessica is back … so we shouldn’t do this anymore.”

Sooyoung laid her back on the mattress and rested her arm across her forehead as she closed her eyes. She thought back to the time when she was alone after she returned from Japan. In an apartment even smaller than this one bedroom, she spent her lonely days. She stayed with Sunny’s family for a little while, but her university was too far away from the farm, so she moved to the city by herself.

She remembered shivering in cold nights while eating hot ramyun to keep warm. She did not know people in the city and was a quiet, reserved person so she did not have friends. It all changed when she met Yuri by accident. Gradually, Yuri brought her out of her shell, recommended her to a job at Skylight, introduced her to friends, and made her move to this comfortable place. Her lonely days were replaced with Yuri’s constant presence, so that the air around her was rarely still. There was always energy and movements. Sooyoung was happy she found someone who understood and embraced every facet of her. Yuri knew and accepted everything Sooyoung told her. She knew things about Yuri that could never be shared with another soul.

 The started because it felt like a natural thing. They never labeled their relationship because Sooyoung would always have a yearning for Jessica and Yuri was not one to be tied down. Even when they could deem each other as soul mates, there was still a third person between them. In Yuri’s case, it could be any pretty girl with long legs and big s. Sooyoung was never bothered by the fact that Yuri was a skirtchaser, because she could never completely give herself to Yuri. However, the other woman would always return to her and she could never say no to Yuri.

They have had arguments and fights, but Yuri’s touch always made her forget the reason they were fighting. Sooyoung was never sure if Yuri felt anything for her and she dared not to explore any feelings other than lust for the woman she called her best friend. She had always reminded herself that her love has been reserved for one woman only. She loved Jessica and that was what she focused on. Now that Jessica was back, Sooyoung wanted … no … she needed to stop this physical affair. But she was afraid …

A warm hand brushed against the skin on her belly and the bed shifted as Yuri scooted close to lay her head on Sooyoung’s chest. “What are you thinking about?” Yuri asked with a sleep-tainted voice.

“About the future.” Sooyoung answered without opening her eyes. She felt Yuri’s lips on her neck before her head laid down on Sooyoung’s chest once more.

“Mmm … deep stuff.” Yuri sleepily muttered. “Am I in this future?”

“Uh huh.” Sooyoung nibbled her lower lip, she did not know how to tell Yuri.

“What am I doing in this future?”

“You …”

“Nevermind.” Yuri placed a finger on Sooyoung’s lips. “I can see the future, so I’ll tell you …”

“Oh? Did you pick this up while abroad?” Sooyoung grinned and opened her eyes to gaze downward at the temptress.

“Maybe.”

“Then by all means, please tell me my future.” Sooyoung was highly amused.

Yuri squinted her eyes while placing her finger on her temple. “I see me next to you … and my lips kissing yours, like this …” Yuri’s lips pressed against Sooyoung and soon the younger woman forgot her reservation. Sooyoung’s lips melted against Yuri’s warm, supple ones. If there was ever a time to use a cliché description, such as ‘it felt right’, then this was that time. But, Sooyoung knew it was wrong, too.

Yuri’s lips firmly led on Sooyoung’s lower one while she shifted her body to topple the younger woman. This gave Sooyoung no chance to think of anyone else outside of this bed. Their hot, enthusiastic bodies melded against each other, curves grinded curves. There was something about Yuri’s kisses that always made Sooyoung reach for Yuri’s , like an instinct. As her hands caressed and d Yuri’s bare bottom, she glided her tongue against the opening of Yuri’s mouth, demanding entrance.

They moaned and gasped softly each time the other did something right, as a way to guide each other’s attention. After a few moments of making out, Yuri leaned back and her lips. Her eyes told Sooyoung of a craving that the older woman wanted to satisfy.

“What’s next then, oh great psychic?” Sooyoung gently squeezed Yuri’s hips.

Yuri grinned and slid down Sooyoung’s body, while draping the silky cover over her head. “Next I give you what you’ve been yearning for.” She smirked before she disappeared under the sheet.

It did not take long before Sooyoung’s fingers gripped the sheets while her body squirmed with pleasure. Her mind became muddled with indulgence and she did not remember her earlier hesitation. Sooyoung arched her back and enjoyed the pleasure that Yuri washed over her body.




 

Hello everybody! Sorry this update took a while. I went on vacation, then came back to school, then rewrote this chapter 3-4 times. For some reason, I didn't feel satisfy with anything that I wrote. So this is part 1 of this chapter ... so hopefully part 2 won't be as bad. There may be more rated stuff in the next part.

I know Soori's relationship is complicated/confusing right now, please hang in there as I will clear things up as we go. Thanks for reading and commenting. You guys rock!