8. Beignets (part 2)

Roommates *Hiatus*

Kyungsoo was rubbing lotion onto his newly shaven skin when he received a knock on his bathroom door. "Soo, it's been an hour. Come out so we can finish the pillow treats."

At that moment, Kyungsoo knew that Jongin would never call them by their actual name, but he found that he didn't care and rather liked it when his boyfriend referred to them as pillows.

"Nini, you never gave me clothes when you brought me here." He huffed in annoyance. The only thing he had covering his skin was towel, and that wasn't enough.

"I didn't? My mistake," he heard Jongin snicker, then shuffling through his closet for clothes. "Do Kyungsoo, why am I finding the majority of my wardrobe in your closet. Have you secretly been harboring my clothes so you can wear them yourself?" He dragged the familiar bits of fabric through his fingers, smirking to himself at the thought of Kyungsoo wearing his clothes.

"Have I? My mistake," Kyungsoo peeked his head through the door and outstretched a hand. "Hand me something. I'm getting cold." He wiggled his fingers expectantly when Jongin removed one of his t-shirts from a hanger and tossed it to Kyungsoo. Then, he fumbled through the dresser and found a pair of boxer briefs for Kyungsoo to wear. Lastly, because he knew Kyungsoo would end up putting them on anyway if he himself 'forgot' to grab them: pants.

"Get dressed. I'm ready to start cooking again." Jongin announced as he saw himself out. Kyungsoo was quick to obey and then meet Jongin in the kitchen.

~

"What do you mean I have to drop these into that?!" Jongin asked horrifically when Kyungsoo pointed to the deep fryer.

"How else are they to become pillowy, Jongin? It's not so bad." The elder promised. Jongin was adamant on staying behind his boyfriend and squealing when the oil bubbled.

"What if I burn myself?! I could die!" He argued.

"You're being ridiculous. Go over there and fry them," When Kyungsoo pushed Jongin towards the deep fryer, he handed the man a tray of some of the pastries. "Put those in the fryer, drop the basket into the oil, and wait for a few minutes while they cook. When they're done, remove the basket and shake them a bit before dropping them onto the plate with the paper towels. Then, you sprinkle confectioners sugar onto them. Simple as that." Kyungsoo explained to Jongin.

"What do you mean 'simple'?! I could never get that!" The taller complained. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shoved him again.

"I'll walk you through it. Now go."

"But, Soo-" Kyungsoo was quick to interrupt Jongin's attempt to argue.

"You only have to do these ones. I'll do the rest. I promise you won't die, Nini." Kyungsoo's reasoning fell on deaf ears as Jongin backed up even further away from the deep fryer.

"Y-you do it. I want to see you do it," When Kyungsoo blinked, Jongin continued. "If you make them first, I'll make them after you. Do we have a deal?" The elder eventually nodded, silently making his way to the fryer obediently.

And just like that, he finally got Jongin to fry the pastries.

~

"You promised I won't get hurt." Jongin pouted after all of the beignets were sugared.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes exasperatedly. "I promised you wouldn't die. And if you would've done it like I did and actually took the basket out of the fryer before putting the beignets in, you would have easily prevented injury." He chastised. Nevertheless, the beignets turned out great. Kyungsoo couldn't wait to try them.

"Anyway," Jongin quickly changed the subject to avoid further patronizing. "Let's dig in. I'm starving." He and Kyungsoo both took a beignet and popped them into their mouths, cringing at the obvious change in the recipe.

"Jongin-ah, did you do something different while I was in the bathroom that one time?" Kyungsoo asked him once he swallowed the pastry. He noticed the outcome was a bit starchier than what he had originally came up with while creating the recipe.

"You told me to add granulated sugar, but I didn't know what that was, so I just used the powdered one. Why? Is there a difference?" Kyungsoo mentally kicked himself in the for that mistake. Most people think they're the same thing: sugar. It's an honest mistake, however, confectioners sugar has cornstarch added to it to prevent it from clumping.

"It's ok. I'll teach you the difference some other time. For now, it's late and we should finish the rest of these before we go to bed." It was almost three am, and Baekhyun promised to have the kids back by nine. That only gave them- Kyungsoo- six hours of sleep.

And a sleep-deprived Kyungsoo was never a truly happy one.

~

"Sleep with me tonight." Kyungsoo yawned as he pulled Jongin away from the younger's room and into his own.

Jongin didn't have the heart- or lack of knowledge- to refuse Kyungsoo, and he followed the smaller willingly. He yanked off his t-shirt while Kyungsoo took off his pants then crawled under the crisp duvet.

Kyungsoo was quick to cuddle into Jongin's bare chest and sling his arm around his boyfriend's built torso. Jongin let out an elated sigh and engulfed Kyungsoo into his own arms. Kyungsoo instantly fell asleep against the warm skin of Jongin due to the ungodly hour, earning a chuckle as Jongin turned off the bedside lamp.

"Night, Soo." He chuckled endearingly to himself before meeting the same fate.

~ ~ ~

"You're moving too damn fast. How does someone with such short legs have such endurance-"

"Yah, you weren't complaining about my legs when you called them pretty last night, Park Chanyeol. And maybe you just walk too slow. Maybe you're just tripping too often. You've got those long legs; it's impossible to walk gracefully with those." The elder sneered from in front. He was holding Jjangah while Chanyeol had the boys. Quite frankly, Baekhyun should really cut Chanyeol some slack because he had two kids when Baekhyun had the one.

"Alright, alright. But slow down. My gangly limbs can't take it," he panted. When the shorter stopped to allow Chanyeol to catch up- it took a good five paces- the taller smiled gratefully. "Your legs are gorgeous, by the way." He snickered at the pretty blush that formed on Baekhyun's cheeks.

The two were currently walking down the never-ending floor of their best friends' apartment with the kids and their overnight bags. Yes. Kyungsoo was meticulous enough to pack the children's mini suitcases.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were an hour late, however, which meant Kyungsoo and/or Jongin were probably worried sick. They knew that they would get an earful out of one or both of the dogs' parents.

"Aish. I left my key at home." Baekhyun whined when his efforts of finding said object were futile. Luckily, Chanyeol was fortunate enough to have his key with him, only Baekhyun had to fish the key ring out of his back pocket. The keys gave a soft jangle as he unlocked the door. The two of them tiptoed into the apartment and closed the door gently behind them- as if making less noise will ease their friends' nerves.

"It's about time you got here. Your breakfast is getting cold." Was the first thing they heard when they entered the living room. Kyungsoo was sitting at the breakfast bar with a mug in his hands.

"Oh, um- yeah... Time got away from us..." Chanyeol coughed and looked everywhere but Kyungsoo, seeing as he was only wearing a t-shirt. And Chanyeol knew that shirt belonged to Jongin.

"That's a nice shirt, Soo." Baekhyun smirked. It was evident he knew who actually owned the shirt, too.

Kyungsoo beamed, looking at the shirt before thanking Baekhyun for the compliment. "Nini's still asleep, but go ahead and set the children down so they can wake their Appa up." The elders followed instruction and instantly, the three dogs ran into Kyungsoo's room.

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he noticed this. "Channie, did you see that?" He tugged on his boyfriend's sleeve and pointed into the direction of the bedroom. Kyungsoo was unable to hear this as he had finished his tea and had gone into the kitchen to clean the mug.

Chanyeol didn't have a chance to answer because the dogs were successful in waking Jongin up, and he was coming out of the room- shirtless and with tousled bed head. Baekhyun covered his mouth to stifle the gasp while Chanyeol's jaw dropped.

Jongin was too lethargic to notice the presence of the two, and he trudged directly into the kitchen. He loosely wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and buried his face in his neck while the elder was drying his hands.

"Morning." He muttered into the warm skin, nibbling it. Kyungsoo giggled and ran his fingers through the messy hair.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, up until you left me." The dancer then lifted his head to attack Kyungsoo's cheek with seemingly never-ending pecks.

"I was preparing for the children." Kyungsoo defended and maneuvered his head so that Jongin could instead kiss his lips. The younger seemed to have no problem with it as he turned Kyungsoo around entirely and pulled him closer.

Baekhyun let out a scoff-like noise for the two to finally acknowledge them. When they did, Jongin released Kyungsoo and waved at the two.

"Did you just get here? If so, you're late." He snickered at the light blush on their cheeks.

"When did this happen?!" Chanyeol asked incredulously, gesturing at the two currently interlaced hands in front of him.

"Yesterday. Didn't Luhan tell you two? He told Jongdae and Minseok." Kyungsoo furrowed his eyes in confusion. Baekhyun gave the pair a genuinely hurt expression as he felt betrayed.

"Luhan found out before me? Your best friend since cooties were a thing?!" Kyungsoo sighed; he could see why Baekhyun would be upset because he knew Luhan for many years fewer than him.

"We were FaceTiming when it happened. And he told Minseok. Minseok was with Jongdae. I thought he told you guys, too. Unless he thought you already knew. I'm sorry."

"Have you had yet?" Baekhyun asked- rather than accepting the apology, may Kyungsoo add. The two in the kitchen blushed and shook their heads. "And why not?" The eldest questioned next.

"W-we just got together. We're waiting." Jongin explained meekly. Baekhyun gave the two a glare, then a once-over."

"I'd like to see how long that lasts." He smirked- almost cryptically- before taking Chanyeol's hand and leading him towards the door. "Have a nice day, you two." He waved, closing the door behind them. Kyungsoo had started chewing his bottom lip as he thought about what Baekhyun could possibly have up his sleeve. Jongin visibly shuddered.

"I just got the shakes."


Hello! So, I did upload the Baekyeol fic, and the link is down below. You do not have to read it- it's totally optional- but it'd be super cool if you did! I kinda got in my feels while writing it and it's a lot longer than I thought it would be. I decided to make it a threeshot. I do not recommend you read it if you are sensitive to triggers. The warnings are there, though. And I tried not to go too in depth.

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying your holidays! I'm currently playing loteria with my family.😂 And speaking of, I may go on semi-hiatus and will probably not upload next week, but the week after. I've got a lot of things going on with my health, and I should focus on that for now. But I will be ok. But I will try to reply to comments if I get them. Also, let me know how your holidays are going. Which holiday are you currently celebrating? Did you guys get awesome gifts or see some family? I'm seriously curious!

-Chencing_Machine

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1064676/help-angst-fluff-songfic-baekyeol-songficangst