13. Family Time

Roommates *Hiatus*

It didn't help that his mind instantly went to the Baekhyun and Chanyeol had planted between the cushions. Sure, the idea was far-fetched and totally inappropriate, but it was what he and Jongin probably needed. "Yes, Soo?" What had started as an innocent part of their nightly routine of cuddling on the couch and watching Pororo- well, Pororo was playing in the background while Kyungsoo and Jongin were stealing affectionate kisses- became a twisted turn of events in which Jongin opened the door to find a small boy running passed him and into Kyungsoo's awaiting opened arms.

"Taeoh! Look how big you've gotten!" The elder lifted the small boy and placed kisses all over his cheeks, Jongin standing dumbfounded. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows when he finally managed to face his brother with a condescending look. "Seung."

"I need you to watch him for a couple of days. You know it's mine and Minji's anniversary, so we asked you if you could watch your precious little nephew, remember?"

"I thought that was tomorrow? And I told you I'd have to ask Jongin if he'd be ok with it."

"I figured maybe you'd already asked him by now." Seungsoo was currently setting Taeoh's little suitcase onto the ground, which made Kyungsoo feel like his brother didn't have much remorse for the situation.

"No. Not yet. I was going to get to that, but now I see there's no point," He grumbled. Eventually, he maneuvered the child into Jongin's unsuspecting arms. The boy gave Jongin a warm smile identical to Kyungsoo's, albeit more lethargic. But still, it was a complete shock to have a kid placed into his arms. "You remember that nephew I've been telling you about? This is him."

"Please, Soo? Look, he already likes Jongin. You have three bedrooms. And he's eaten and had his bath. Just put him to bed and read him a story and then you're done for the night."

"Shouldn't he have been in bed a long time ago? It's almost ten." Kyungsoo chastised his older brother.

"I'll pay you back, Soo. I promise. And I'm so sorry. Taeoh, be good to your uncles," while Jongin wasn't technically his uncle, it warmed his heart to know that Seungsoo thought of him as part of the family already. It also made sense, seeing as Jongin's dogs are also Kyungsoo's now. "And don't be mean to the dogs, ok? I owe you one, Kyung." The chef only managed to sputter incoherent words as he watched his brother leave the apartment. Angered, he turned to Jongin with a pout on his face.

"I'm going to kill my brother." He hissed. Jongin was quick to sigh and take a few steps closer to him.

"It's not so bad, Soo. He's already half asleep." He cooed as Taeoh's head lulled from side to side with every movement the choreographer 

"I'm still going to kill him. He should've told me he was coming here in advance. And he should've come here sooner so the kid doesn't go to bed so late." He ran his fingers through his nephew's hair as the child finally succumbed to sleep.

"Which room do we take him to?" Jongin yawned. His lethargy had seemed to make the elder pout, as he had pouted and turned the TV off and flipping the living room light off. In the process, he slung the miniature suitcase over his shoulder.

"My room. He's not old enough to sleep in a bed without something keeping him from rolling off," Kyungsoo- whose eyesight was fairly keen in the dark- guided Jongin through the hallway and towards his room. "Love you."

"Love you, too." The younger called before Kyungsoo could close the door behind him. He tossed the suitcase next to the bed and tucked Taeoh into the spot next to his. Frowning, he brushed his slightly long bangs from Taeoh's cherubic features.

"I'm going to kill your appa," he huffed, finally slipping under his sheets and pulling the boy close to his side. "So much for finally getting to use that ."

~

Kyungsoo learned the sad truth that Taeoh was an early riser. Thirty five minutes before he normally woke, Taeoh repeatedly poked his cheek until Kyungsoo finally opened his eyes.

"Waffles?" He was smart, but he was simple. Taeoh generally voiced his concerns in minimalistic phrases, but brief and straight to the point meant for easier comprehension for his peers.

"Aish, you're wide-eyed," the chef cooed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes with his fists. "Will you help me make them?" Taeoh nodded his head and was quick to climb out of the bed.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was fairly leisure… up until Taeoh whined for him to hurry up.

Kids.

~

"Whoa, you're up early." Jongin smiled the moment he saw Kyungsoo at the countertop, and Taeoh, in a chef's hat a tad too large, sitting by the sink, mixing something in a bowl.

"The kid woke me. But we're making waffles. What topping do you want?" He asked as he sprayed his waffle iron with nonstick oil.

"Berries. I gotta dance, remember?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and took the bowl from Taeoh, thanking him for his hard work.

"Chocolate." Was Taeoh's one-word response. Kyungsoo in all honesty, should've seen that coming.

"It's a shame you won't be able to spend the day with us. I'm taking him to the restaurant. Minseok was absolutely all over him when he was a baby. You'll miss it." Kyungsoo gave him a pout.

"I'll probably release them early if you want. That way, you and I, and Taeoh, can go to your restaurant and actually spend time together." Kyungsoo spooned the batter into the molds with a fond smile, but also a look of slight reluctance.

"You're idol group needs you. They don't have much time before their awards show. You should rehearse with them." Jongin frowned. Then he looked at Taeoh.

"What do you think? You want me to come home early?" He gave Taeoh a hopeful look. I think I can trust this kid. He smiled at me last night. Granted, he was mostly asleep. But he hasn't shown any dislike for me yet.

"You're rookies will be so disappointed in you." Kyungsoo tsked once his nephew had nodded his head excitedly.

Jongin decided he liked Taeoh a lot. "Let's give the sweet child what he wants, Soo. And I'm sure they'll be fine. We'll just have to work a bit harder throughout the month we have. They'll understand." He dismissed.

But still, Kyungsoo was apprehensive of the idea.


So I feel I've lied when I told you guys I'd finish this around my birthday. My birthday is today… and I'm not even finished. I'm sorry for a crapy filler chapter. And I said there would be a couple of chapters more after the last one, that was a lie, too. There will be more. However, I am going to go ahead and post that new fic. I'll try to get this one done soon. I'm don't taking ACTs, and I'm done celebrating turning 17 for today, so that means I have more free time to work on writing. Best of all, school will be out soon! Anyway, with only two more tests to worry about for the year, I really am not concerned about those because they're for easy classe. Which means more writing, too. Anyway, sorry for the long AN, I'm just really into writing at the moment. Be sure to check out my new fic if you're into group chat aus:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109303/when-you-ask-stupid-questions-exo-crack-baekyeol-kaisoo-ot12-exocrack-groupchatau

Until then, I'll be writing. And remember that it's Luhan's birthday, too!

-Chencing_Machine