2. Shorts

Roommates *Hiatus*

Jongin once had a short conversation with Baekhyun. Sure, he's talked to Baekhyun a lot considering he really was at the apartment quite often, but this particular conversation stuck.

"Beware of the shorts." Baekhyun whispered to Jongin while Kyungsoo was in the kitchen.

"What shorts?" Jongin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Trust me," the elder smirked. "You'll know when you see them."

Who knew Baekhyun would be incredibly accurate? At first, he thought that Baekhyun knew about these god awful shorts that Kyungsoo owned that he didn't already know about. That wasn't the case. Instead, these aforementioned shorts were both a blessing and a curse.

That day, Jongin came home from dance rehearsal after a long day followed by a quick shower. He had the bag, the containers, and the chopsticks Kyungsoo had brought to the studio earlier for him and Chanyeol in one hand and his duffle over his shoulder. He sighed as he finally entered the cool apartment, appreciating the fact that Kyungsoo preferred the house to be a little cold.

"Soo, I am absolutely exhausted. Those dancers just aren't getting it. Why can't they be more cooperative with-" as Jongin's eyes finally landed on his roommate, his words caught in his throat. In front of him, Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch with his legs folded in an upside-down V on the adjacent seat. And he was wearing the god forsaken shorts.

There wasn't anything embarrassing about the shorts- on the contrary, really. It's just that they were very short. Jongin had seen Kyungsoo's legs many times, but never this much skin. He never as much as even imagined what the smooth, milky skin looked like underneath layers of fabric.

As Jongin took a closer look, he saw that Jjangah was perched on his lap, Jjangu was under his legs, and Monggu was asleep on his feet. How did he manage to make himself look so cute and so enticing all at once? Kyungsoo was looking up from his phone expectantly as Jongin had paused.

"With what, Jongin?" Kyungsoo knit his brows together. "The choreography? Is it tiring you out so much that you're spacing out? I can get you some water if you want."

"Uh, I'm ok. I just need to sit down and take a break." Jongin shook his head and placed his duffle bag on the floor before walking into the kitchen to clean the dishes. Only Kyungsoo stopped him as soon as he heard the water run.

"Oh no. I'll take care of the dishes. Just leave them in the sink and come sit down. You need rest." Kyungsoo beckoned him towards himself; the dogs sensing the presence of their Appa and hopping off the sofa so he could settle in between Kyungsoo's legs.

Kyungsoo took him with open arms and began playing with his slightly damp hair. When Jongin sighed in content, the three dogs climbed onto the couch once again and sat on his chest and lap.

"You're too good to me, Kyungsoo." Jongin groaned as the heaviest dog planted himself on upper part of his chest. Kyungsoo chuckled from behind him and ruffled his hair.

"I saw the work you were doing. It's not good for you to always be on your feet. I don't even think I've seen you have a day off since you started working with those two artists." He replied thoughtfully. Jongin had two separate clients that he trained. With two different dances that he has to teach, it's quite difficult to balance his time.

"I've only had about three of them. And those are also spent at the studio the majority of the time." Jongin explained.

"Why do you go there on your off days?" Kyungsoo frowned in question. Jongin really overworked himself throughout the months he's grown close to him.

"I come up with new choreography. I have a waiting list, you know. I just love the art of dance and then teaching that art. I wish I could teach more, but Chanyeol only allows me to choreograph two clients at a time so I don't risk serious injury."

"Is that from a manager perspective?"

Jongin let out a breathy laugh and shook his head against Kyungsoo's chest. "No," he grinned. "It's from a best friend perspective."

Kyungsoo hummed approvingly, around the same time his phone went off. He reached from underneath him and fished the phone out of his back pocket, forcing Jongin to sit up as he was wiggling a bit. Subconsciously, Jongin's hand landed on Kyungsoo's cream-colored thigh for balance. That was a mistake.

A troubled look found its place on Kyungsoo's features as he began chewing his lip and furrowing his eyebrows while reading whatever was on the phone screen. "Uh- around what time will you be coming back home tomorrow?" He asked after a while if staring.

"Around ten-ish? Why?" Jongin knit his brows as Kyungsoo finally replied to the message. At least he figured out that he wasn't the reason for Kyungsoo's discomfort.

"N-no reason. Just curious I guess," Kyungsoo pocketed his phone and patted his chest for Jongin to settle back into a little too quickly for the taller's liking. But still, all he could do is dismiss the of behavior.

He didn't say anything after that; he just let Kyungsoo return to playing with his hair. However, throughout the entire evening of the watching Pororo, Jongin could only think about two things:

1: Why on earth is this man driving me crazy with these shorts?

2: Was Kyungsoo hiding something?


Hello! I know this chapter is pretty short, but I promise the next will be longer. And also, I know things may be somewhat confusing now, but it will all make sense in later chapters. Oh, and I'm currently working on a Suchen oneshot just because. I won't forget to update- and I have pre-written all the way to chapter 8- it's just that this is to pass time.

-Chencing_Machine