12. Table For Two

Roommates *Hiatus*

"That's a wrap for today, guys. Keep practicing, and we'll get back to it tomorrow." Jongin flashed a smile towards the obviously tired group as he downed a bottle of water in only a few swigs.

"Could you tell us more about your boyfriend situation now?" Jongin rolled his eyes. He appreciated that his dance crew actually paid attention to him, but he'd rather they pay attention to the choreography.

"I told you all of the main points. Kyungsoo is waiting for me. I'll tell you what goes on if I see at least halfway decent work from you guys tomorrow. So keep practicing. And drink plenty of water. Also, don't overwork yourselves. You're dismissed." The group of boys muttered words of dismay as they piled out of the studio with their belongings.

As they left, Chanyeol returned with an expectant look on his face. "How'd it go?"

"They've got a lot of potential. Seeing as they're all young and also a rookie group, they do quite well. And they work well as a group." Jongin gave him a soft smile while putting his things into his duffle bag.

"Good to hear. They'll be on they're way to that awards show in no time." When Jongin slung his bag over his shoulder, he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I'll be proud when they do well. Anyway, I gotta get home to Soo. Tell Baekhyun I said hey for me, will you?" Chanyeol didn't have much time to respond as Jongin was already making his way to his car.

"Kyungsoo, I'm home. Is Monggu's cut healing properly?" Kyungsoo had turned out to be in the living room, on the sofa, napping soundly with the aforementioned dog curled under his arm. As for the other two dogs, Jjangah was at the food bowls, and Jjangu was eagerly attempting to earn back scratches from Jongin.

"Ah, he always looks so cute when he's sleeping," Jongin cooed while absentmindedly patting the attention-seeking dog's head. "Do you think I should let him sleep more while I go shower? He's a hard worker. He deserves his rest, no? He also deserves for his boyfriend to be able to hug him without sweating all over him, right? He's a clean body. I'm not. I'll go shower. Be good to your Omma, kids." People could tell Jongin he was mental for having one-sided conversations with his dogs on a regular basis, but the man could really care less.

~

Clean and fresh smelling, Jongin hung the damp towel to dry on the hook before making his way back into the living room. This time, Kyungsoo was not on the couch, but in the kitchen, preparing two plates of food.

"How was dance?" For someone who had been asleep only mere moments ago, Kyungsoo always managed to look as wide-eyes and vibrant as per usual. Jongin found that to be one of his favorite traits.

"Pretty good. They're friendly and easy to work with. Did you have fun while I was out?" He made his way behind Kyungsoo and wrapped his arms around his lithe frame. He rested his chin in the juncture of Kyungsoo's neck and shoulder, pecking the cute little moles that he grew so fond of.

"I was visited by Minseok while I was preparing dinner. And the food needed to broil in the oven, so I went ahead and took a nap. But my alarm for the food woke me while you were in the shower, so my day wasn't that eventful. But now, you're here," He beamed, craning his head to kiss the spot between Jongin's ear and jaw. He had finished both of their plates and wormed his way out of Jongin's grasp to set the plates down on the table. "So how was work?"

"Ah, we're doing well. And thanks to Chanyeol, they know about the whole ordeal."

"Leave it to Chanyeol to put your phone on speaker in the presence of a group of rookie idols." Kyungsoo snorted, rolling his eyes.

"Eh, I think it could've been a lot worse. He's got himself wrapped around Baekhyun's pinky. He's a cunning little fiend. I bet Chanyeol's listening to him shoot plans for another… attack." He chuckled.

"You make it seem like he's evil," he laughed. "Well…" Kyungsoo trailed off, taking a bite out of his food.

Jongin's eyes crinkled into a loving smile. His attention was later brought to his meal. "Uh… What is this?" He poked his fork around the beef and vegetables, smothered in a brown sauce.

"It's pot roast. It's a New England thing. I went to Boston a few weeks before I met you, and ultimately fell in love. I think I replicated it pretty nicely." Kyungsoo beamed quite proudly at the dish. And in all actuality, Jongin knew Kyungsoo had the ability to copy a dish he's eaten because his palate was highly sophisticated, and he's cooked international foods on several occasions, but being a dancer, he's not nearly as familiar with food as Kyungsoo was. Still, he loved Kyungsoo, and he knew he put so much passion into his cooking, and probably a lot of his time and attention.

"A-and you remember how it tastes? After that long?" The shorter nodded.

"Of course. Now eat, you've been dancing all day, you need to regain those calories." Jongin gave him a smile of endearment before taking his fork and finally stabbing the roast, along with a potato chunk.

Needless to say, Jongin fell in love with Kyungsoo's pot roast.

~

"J-Jongin?" Kyungsoo now felt he was finally ready to give himself to Jongin. After all, he had purposely waited this long to admit he was ready due to the fact that he knew that the deprivation would result in intense, and hopefully multiple, s. It had been long enough.


I really want to apologize for the hiatus. I had just lost the ambition to write for a while. A lot of it is due to me worrying about my future. See, I don't want to go to college after high school, and I want to be an MMA fighter- I know, weird, right? Anyway, my physical therapist had told me that I may end up needing spinal surgery, so that dream probably won't happen. And while that was upsetting, bearing children with my back's condition isn't recommended, so I may not even get to have kids and enjoy the whole pregnancy experience, which is fairly heartbreaking. But now I think I'm a lot better about coming to terms, and so I'm able to write again. And sorry for the short chapter and really long author's note. This one is kind of a lead off to the next chapter. Wait, aren't all chapters of all books and stories like that? Anyway, I'm hoping to finish this fic by my- also Luhan's- birthday. Because I kind of came up with a new fic idea, and because I have so many incomplete works, I won't post many updates for that one at once. But anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this extremely late update, and I'm so sorry, again.

-Chencing_Machine