5. One More Meddler

Roommates *Hiatus*

"Get over here. We need to make up for lost time," Jongin called when Kyungsoo came out of his room wearing ankle socks and a sweater a bit too large for his small frame. "Is that mine?"

Kyungsoo peered down at the sweater and furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not sure, but it was in my closet so I just threw it on. Do you want it back?" Jongin shook his head and lifted the blanket for Kyungsoo to crawl under instead.

"Keep it. You look cute in it." Kyungsoo grinned as he scooted into Jongin's embrace. As Jongin got a closer look, he noticed that Kyungsoo wasn't wearing any shorts. It was as if the man wore less clothes every night. It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

"Thank you; it's warm, too," he blushed. It was then that he reminisced the previous statement. "What do you mean 'make up for lost time?' We were all over each other tonight." He snorted after a moment of silence.

"I feel like that was all an act for your mother. With this- our bonding time- it's more personal and just for us." After Jongin's confession, Kyungsoo sighed and ran his fingers through the younger's hair.

"I guess you're right. But I have to admit, that was pretty fun." He chuckled to himself while Jongin nodded in agreement.

"Especially when that giant could only pull a stupid look and nod at every single thing we said. What's with him?" Their laughter grew louder as they recapped all their night's activities.

"I give Baekhyun props. He's a natural with improvising."

"Yeah, he used to be an actor, then he realized he really loved makeup and set design." Kyungsoo had calmed down from his laughter and turned to face Jongin, who had stopped laughing and began staring at him a long time ago.

"You were great. Just the cute, supportive boyfriend anyone could ever want. And it got your mother to stop talking about those blind dates like you wanted, right?" Jongin asked almost hopefully.

"Yeah, yeah. All she talked about after that was how handsome you are. God, I nearly thought she'd try to get with you if it weren't for us 'dating'. And her being married to my father, of course." He air quoted with an eye smile.

"Is she always like that when she comes to visit you? You were on the verge of having a panic attack when you reprimanded me earlier."

"You had to make me lie to my mother on the spot. I had every right to reprimand you," he gave Jongin a playful glare before shuffling closer to him. "But yes. She has a tendency to interfere with my love life. She thinks she helps me, but she doesn't. And I feel bad for saying that, but maybe I'm fine with the way my life is. And now I have you here. I think you're all I need for a while." He shrugged. Jongin smiled faintly.

"I'm sorry about your mother. But I understand. And you know what? Having you is plenty enough for me, too." Kyungsoo cooed and shook his head.

"We're so domestic, Jongin-ah." He giggled into Jongin's neck. The tickling feeling on his bare skin had Jongin smiling.

"Yeah, but I like the way things are around here. I got my career, my cute little roommate that accidentally stole my sweater, and our children." Kyungsoo was blushing madly after Jongin's list.

"Speaking of which, where are those three?" Kyungsoo sat up, straddling Jongin's legs as Monggu jumped onto his chest. "Ah, here's one." He smiled, lifting the dog off of his Appa's chest and clutching him against his own. Jongin gulped and grasped the thighs at his waist- quick to respond before Kyungsoo could say anything.

"The others are pro-" before Jongin could finish his sentence, the door flung open and the lights flickered on.

"Sorry to barge in, but I left my phone here. I would've called, but- you know," That eyeliner-wearing meddler. Kyungsoo glared at the side of Baekhyun's head. When his best friend finally turned towards them, his eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sorry. Was I interrupting something?" The man had the nerve to play innocent. He may be able to fool Jongin, but never Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo knew this game. He's played it himself on several occasions. Hell, he's even playing it right now.

"Could you have at least knocked?" Kyungsoo forced a smile at his smug little friend. Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

"I apologize. However, I'd like to get my phone, Kyungie-"

"Hurry up and get out." The younger groaned in annoyance. Baekhyun stared at him and Jongin with that same smirk before it broadened.

"No need to go all Satansoo on me, darling." Jongin's ears perked as he released a snort.

"Satansoo?"

"You son of a , I am going to murder-"

"Easy, Soo. You can't murder me if you're unclothed and on top of Jongin now, can you?" Baekhyun tilted his head back and watched victoriously as the pair on the couch blushed.

"Yes, because I'd love to Jongin while I'm holding our child. It's on my bucket list and everything." He deadpanned before setting the dog down and climbing off Jongin to see Baekhyun out. Both men had gasped in shock at Kyungsoo's choice words, but the former didn't care.

"Jesus, mind your language in front of your son, sweetie. I'm surprised Jongin hasn't-"

"Out." Kyungsoo groaned, pushing Baekhyun out of the apartment, where he found Chanyeol sleeping against the wall. Baekhyun must've waken the poor man up and had him drive them to the house, probably for no reason at all because Baekhyun had his phone in his back pocket the entire time.

"But Soo-" the whine had jostled the tall man awake and caused him to stumble, as he was upright. He blinked rapidly to awaken himself and he stared at the two friends.

"Take him home. Please take him home. Staple the sheets down, handcuff him; I don't care." He mumbled to Chanyeol as the latter took Baekhyun's hand in his own and led him down the corridor.

"Oh please, Kyungsoo. That's only for bedroom-"

"Don't even finish that!" Kyungsoo cringed as he slammed the door of the apartment. After groaning to himself and running his hand through his hair, he was faced with a concerned Jongin. The only move the taller had made since the incident was sitting up.

"I think maybe you should get some sleep..." He trailed. Kyungsoo yawned before nodding in agreement and shuffling over to him.

He wrapped his arms around Jongin's shoulders and pulled him into his embrace. "I think you're right. Sorry you had to experience that."

"It's ok." Jongin chuckled against his chest. After a while, he looked up and beamed at Kyungsoo.

"And thank you. For saving my from my mother. And for putting up with Baekhyun just a few moments ago."

"Anything for you, Kyungsoo." He grinned, running his hands up and down his back.

Kyungsoo yawned once more before retreating from the hug. After a quick pause, Kyungsoo grasped Jongin's face in both hands and stared into his eyes. He could see all sorts of different emotions swimming in cocoa brown; those feelings were identical to his own.

Leaning forward, Jongin hastily craned his neck and his lips met Kyungsoo's heart-shapes ones. Kyungsoo giggled at the seemingly impatient act but kissed him back nonetheless.

When he pulled away, Kyungsoo pecked Jongin's lips once more before grinning. "So eager, Jonginnie," he breathed against the tan male's lips. Before he could get a response, he completely released himself from Jongin's grasp and padded towards his bedroom. "Goodnight." He then sing-sang as he reached the door, leaving Jongin alone in the dark- save for the light from the TV- with Monggu to collect his thoughts.


So by now, we've learned that Kyungsoo is a little mynx that originally wanted to try to keep a platonic relationship with Jongin but eventually gave up along the way. There will be a flashback to that in one of the later chapters, but that won't be for a while. Anywho, I hope you liked this chapter, as well as nosy little Baekhyun, and I'm sorry for posting this late. I should really be going to bed now because I have to wake up at 5:30. Goodnight! And don't forget to leave comments!😚

-Chencing_Machine