9. Planning

Roommates *Hiatus*
Ever since Baekhyun's last visit, Kyungsoo had been wary of his presence at the restaurant. Baekhyun was an evil mastermind according to Kyungsoo. He was a ticking time bomb of unpredictability. Kyungsoo had no idea what he would do to interfere.
 
At least I have that idiot to give me some hope. Kyungsoo thought to himself. With Chanyeol in the picture, it's safe to say that Baekhyun will have the distraction that is the goofy giant, and he will forever be distracted.
 
What Kyungsoo didn't know was Chanyeol would be his last hope in this case.
 
~ ~ ~
 
"Maybe you should steal his shirt so he'll be forced to go home without one." Baekhyun had been pacing around his living room- Chanyeol's eyes steadily following his every move.
 
"I don't think that'll work. Being aware that the majority of the female dancers think he's hot, he'd get hit on and d, and Kyungsoo would castrate me when he found out." Baekhyun chewed his bottom lip at the very possible reasoning. He truly didn't think it through that far.
 
"Alright, the shirt stays. But how about we sneak into their house while he's at the restaurant and take Kyungsoo's pants? And we may as well get rid of any shorts, too. And we'll take all the shirts and sweaters in his size while we're at it. He'd be forced to wear Jongin's stuff. And we all know how Jongin can only take so much of sweet, adorable-looking Soo before he gets handsy."
 
"Baekhyun, there is so much wrong with that plan, Baekkie," Chanyeol burst into laughter when the elder pouted. "First of all, what would it look like if two grown men exited a high class apartment complex with clothes in their arms? And where would Jongin be during all of this?"
 
"I don't know, work?" Baekhyun asked like it was the most obvious answer in the word.
 
"Then a follow up question: wouldn't I have to be with him? How will you be able to pull it off by yourself?" The worry lines along Baekhyun's forehead deepened. Chanyeol was right.
 
"Ok. Then we can go to Victoria's Secret, buy something y for Ky-"
 
Chanyeol was quick to interrupt. "Good god, Baekhyun. Do you really believe Kyungsoo would appreciate that? He'll have us beheaded with one of his sharp kitchen knives-"
 
"Yah! Do you have a better idea?! I don't see you pitching anything to the cause! All I've seen you do is stuff your face with cosmic brownies!" Baekhyun plopped himself down onto the sofa cushion next to Chanyeol with a huff.
 
"I say we do nothing," Chanyeol muffled through a brownie. Baekhyun gave the man an incredulous look as Chanyeol swallowed the mouthful. "Think about it. We'll do nothing, but they'll expect something. That's how well get to them. It will drive them crazy not knowing what we have planned to intervene. They'll be waiting for some form of meddling only to receive nothing from us. The paranoia and anticipation will be too much and they'll eventually try to 'beat us at our own game' and finally sleep together. But that's the point, the game is nonexistent." After a pregnant silence, Baekhyun's scowl became a smile and he clapped excitedly.
 
"You, Park Chanyeol, do not get enough credit." He beamed and cupped his cheeks as he pulled him in for a kiss. Chanyeol was practically glowing at the praise.
 
"You know, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of you going to Victoria's Secret and-" in the midst of the sentence, Baekhyun smiled and nodded with false interest and then shoved a cosmic brownie into Chanyeol's mouth, pushing himself off the couch and quickly making his way to the kitchen- an indicator that the conversation was over.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Jongin and Kyungsoo had entered the apartment after an afternoon of grocery shopping, setting the bagfuls of food onto the island.
 
"I can't believe you ate all of those free samples. Maybe I don't feed you enough." The smaller cackled while putting food in the pantries. Jongin sheepishly put the produce away in the refrigerator.
 
"You feed me plenty, I just like taking advantage of free stuff." Kyungsoo laughed at his boyfriend's proclamation before shaking his head.
 
"You would be such a great conversationalist with Omma if she were to ever come and visit again. She'll love you for that" He sighed, but Jongin pouted.
 
"Am I not already one now? I don't recall you telling me she hates me." Jongin trapped Kyungsoo against the sink.
 
"Oh, Eomeoni loves talking to you, but she'll love it even more if we were actually dating, no?" He playfully smirked before tiptoeing to peck Jongin's lips. The action caused the taller to let his guard down as Kyungsoo was able to escape.
 
"At least now we wouldn't be lying to her." He chuckled, returning to his previous task.
 
"And no more improvising. No more having to rely on our friends for help with our awkward relationship," Kyungsoo buried his face into Jongin's neck affectionately. "But why do I feel like those two are plotting something?"
 
"You're being paranoid. I'm sure our friends, who have wanted us together for the longest, wouldn't do anything to sabotage or new relationship."
 
Jongin ruffled Kyungsoo's hair as the elder sighed. "That's not what I meant. But anyway, I should start on dinner. Go take the kids out for a walk. They want your attention." Kyungsoo pointed at the three dogs at the edge of the kitchen, waiting patiently for someone to play with. Kyungsoo had shimmied away from Jongin's hold and began preparing for a stew.
 
"Aish, those three. I'll be back in an hour or so." Jongin chuckled as he exited the kitchen- the dogs following behind.
 
Once Jongin was gone with the kids, Kyungsoo couldn't help thinking he should be worried about whatever it was Baekhyun had said.
 
He dreaded the anticipation for what was to come.

I am so sorry to update a week later than intended! I've been really busy trying get to things done for school. Just a lot has gone on lately. Anyway, my updates may be converted to every other week from now on, and it pains me to say that because I like writing this fic. I also have a really bad problem with starting stuff and not finishing it. I actually started one in September and it has yet to be finished, and another in November that meets the same fate. However, I do want to get those done and out of the way. And then I came up with one. Oh, and there was a crack fic that my friend and I were going to write that came from last year in May, but we have both been busy with school. Just- oh lord. I need to prioritize. And Happy Jongin Day, you guys. Please don't be too disappointed.

-Chencing_Machine