Chapter Seven

I Don't Care

Luhan's POV

That night we won our soccer game, I was surprised that Jinah allowed me to hug her, but as soon as she was in my arms I didn't want to let go.  That was the first real intimate physical contact that we've had in what seemed like forever.  It felt so nice and warm. 

After we let go of each other I was quickly pulled into the crowd once again by my friends and team members.  I didn't want to leave Jinah, but it was like I couldn't stop being carried away.  She gave me the warmest smile in the world, though. 

When I got home that night, just thinking back to the little actions from the game and weeks way before, I realized that I really did like her- maybe even love Jinah all this time.  All this time I've never stopped having a crush on her.  And by the look she gave me, she liked me too, or I mean, that's what I interpreted from her smile, though I could be wrong. 

The next week we had all our tests the first few days of school, then the rest of the week was more laid back, plus the soccer teams' second game on Friday. 

As the weekend passed, I slowly tried gathering up all my confidence and maning up to talk to Jinah that Monday. 

I made it to school early and waited in the classroom for her.  Groups of my classmates began coming in, but there was no Jinah.  But when she finally showed up, I took in a deep breath and got up to walk over to her. 

In no time I found myself standing beside her and her staring up at me from her seat.  "H-Hi," I stuttered. 

"Hi," she said in her usual happy tone. 

I could already feel my palms starting to sweat and the tips of my ears turn red.  I mentally scolded myself for looking so un-manly.  "U-uh...  You're coming to our game on Friday, right?" 

"Of course, I want to support you guys." 

"Cool...  Oh, I'm sure you already heard about the party on Saturday night, are you going to that too?" 

"Yeah, my friends are going, so I'm going to carpool with them." 

"Okay."  I gave her a small smile. 

There was an awkward pause before Jinah spoke up. 

"I don't know if I told you this, but you did great last game.  You looked awesome out there scoring that last goal." 

For sure my ears were red by the time she complimented me.  I brought my hand up and scratched the back of my head nervously.  "Th-thanks," I thanked her. 

She smiled, then the bell rang.  I said a quick goodbye and left to sit down in my own seat.  When I sat down, I saw the smirk Minseok flashed me before our teacher came in.  I quietly scoffed and kicked him from underneath the desk. 

 

Your POV

Since it's been a while since Luhan had said he didn't like me, I kind of forgot about it, or at least tried to.  But it surprised me when I found him standing next to my desk that Monday morning with a shy smile. 

Honestly I wasn't too over and through with what we went though, but when I saw him standing there, I couldn't bring it up. 

He was cute.  He was never really this shy, but when he began speaking to me, he became nice and sweet and I loved it.  It's what made me fall for him. 

As we talked, I fought the urge to get up and wrap my arms around his waist.  But thankfully the bell rang soon enough and he went to sit down.  Even though class began, I couldn't help but think about him, though. 

When school ended, Luhan came to talk to me again.  He walked me to the school entrance before running off to practice.  The next two days were just like that.  We talked a little during class then he would walk me to the entrance. 

On Thursday, he left the classroom with Minseok, Kris, and Joonmyeon early.  I had to ask help from a teacher, then I met up with Sohee and Nami and we went to the near by cafe to kick back and relax for a bit because the tests that we took earlier this week was finally finished. 

We talked and talked and talked until it became dark out.  It was about 7:30 pm when Nami and Sohee left the cafe to go home.  I decided to stay back for a bit and wait for Jaekyung because he texted me earlier to wait for him so we could hang out. 

Finally when Jaekyung came it was almost 8:30.  He waved to me and put his bag down at the table I was sitting at while giving me a quick greeting then went to go order something to drink.  He came back within five minutes. 

"It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you," he started. 

I chuckled, "It's only been a couple of days." 

"I know, but it's hard to stay away from you." 

I blushed.  "Oh, just stop with your flirtatious comments." 

"Okay, okay." 

We went on chatting for a while longer, then left.  He told me to go with him to his apartment when we got out to the streets.  At first I was a bit hesitant because I had to get home soon, but he persuaded me, so I just went with him. 

When we were walking, our conversation became more and more weird.  I didn't think about it too much because I thought that he was just kidding because he was that kind of person, but he continued to be weird. 

"On second thought, I might just head home," I told him. 

"NO!" he exclaimed.  I was shocked by his sudden shouting that I stopped.  "I-I mean just- let's go.  It's just a block away from here." 

I continued to stand there.  I had a bad feeling about it and I didn't want to go with him anymore.  He asked me nicely if I was going to go with him and I shook my head.  He turned around fully so that he was facing me.  His usually happy face turned into a scary-creepy one.  He glared at me as I began to slowly back up. 

When I finally got my senses back I turned and tried running away, but he soon caught up to me and picked my up from the middle of my body.  Kicking and screaming only made him smack me, and it stung. 

 

 


Hi there!  Intense at the end right?  We'll see what else happens in the next chapter, but tell me your thoughts and what you think will happen next!  I'd love to read what your guys' ideas are! :)

 

~Angelflyer