Chapter Five

I Don't Care

Your POV

That day, after Luhan had expressed his feelings about me to his teammate, I knew I had no chance of being with him.  He didn't care for me at all.  If that's how he felt then I shouldn't be a bother to him and try to get close to him. 

I'd be lying to say that I didn't cry and feel like I was stabbed in the heart after hearing what he said.  To be honest it ruined the rest of the weekend for me.  All I could think about was that and him himself.  Why did he have to make me feel this way? 

When Monday came around, I was terrified to see Luhan.  But eventually I calmed myself down and told myself to just pretend like nothing happened and to just stay away from him as much as I could. 

By the time the last bell rang, I silently thanked the heavens for not allowing Luhan to talk to me.  Though, I kind of felt bad.  He probably didn't even know that I overheard what he said, yet I was being the bratty, stubborn child and ignoring him...  Now that I think about it, even after him saving me, we still haven't talked that much since we were younger, so I don't know what I'm saying anymore.  

By the time I reached home, it was sprinkling outside.  It had been the first time in weeks that this kind of weather happened.  To be honest, I really don't like rain and thunderstorms, but maybe a sprinkle once in a while was nice. 

I remember this one time when Luhan and I were playing out in the rain and we both got sick the next day.  He still ran over to my house to see if I was alright when we talked over the phone earlier that day. 

I smiled as I thought back to that memory.  He was so sweet.  So caring.  So nice.  But I don't know what happened.  Everything stopped.  Him talking to me, coming over to my house, playing with one another, it all faded away slowly. 

After I threw my backpack into my room and changed, I stood on my porch and watched as the rain started to gradually get heavier.  Then I thought of the soccer team.  They had practice tonight, didn't they.  What if they were practicing in the rain and Luhan happened to get sick? 

I shook my head.  What am I doing to myself?  Another sigh left my lips and I turned to go into my house.  I tried distracting myself by doing homework, but it just didn't work. 

The next day at school, I saw Luhan sitting in his desk already.  I quietly made my way into the classroom and sat in my seat.  Then Minseok came and stood in front of my desk and looked down to me with a smile. 

"Hi there," he said happily. 

"Minseok," I said. 

"How are you?  You didn't get stuck in the rain last night did you?" 

"No...  Did you guys have practice last night?" 

"We didn't actually.  Coach canceled at the last minute, last night because it would be raining, and it did so we didn't have to go." 

"Oh, that's good." 

"Why?  Were you worried about me?  Or perhaps Luhan?" 

My cheeks heated up to the sound of his name.  "N-no.  I was just wondering." 

"It's okay, I can keep a secret." 

I shook my head. 

"Just tell me truthfully, you like Luhan don't you." 

I could feel my cheeks get even redder.  "No, I don't like Luhan," I exclaimed, loud enough to get others' attention. 

I looked around and saw that mostly everyone was looking at me, even Luhan himself.  My breath hitched and embarrassment could be seen across my face.  Quickly I got up and walked out of the classroom not allowing anyone to stop me. 

 

Luhan's POV

I wanted to stand up and go after Jinah, but then the bell rang and our homeroom teacher came in and told us all to sit down.  I mentally cursed to myself and tried to fight the urge to run after her anyways and ask her how she really feels. 

Lunch time came and there was no sign of Jinah anywhere, but her stuff was still here in the classroom.  I decided to stay in the classroom today and wait for her to show up just in case she would come and get her stuff, plus usually no one stays in classroom ever, so it was nice and quiet. 

Lately, my mind has been going back to think about when Jinah and I were younger, and here it is doing it again.  I thought about what brought the two of us apart.  It wasn't as clear as most of my memories because I just wanted to forget it all. 

One day in school kids were talking about how Jinah was dating and kissing this other boy.  At first I didn't think it was true, so I was going to go ask Jinah about it, but I found her behind the bleachers with the one boy that everyone was talking about.  My heart felt like it was shot.  And yes, I did have a huge crush on Jinah. 

Instead of talking to her about it, I just walked away and didn't put any effort into our relationship anymore and let it slowly slip away.  I didn't want it to disappear and I felt bad once in a while thinking about how I was being mean to her, but I kept reminding myself that if she was happy with the guy then it wasn't a problem.  So I continued my life as usual and did what a normal teenager did, go to school, try dating, study, etc.  And now I'm here. 

I was laying my head on my arms when I heard the classroom door open.  I immediately shot up and turned to look at who had just come in.  I sighed and put my head back down on my desk and closed my eyes. 

"What?  Disappointed that I'm not your Jinah?" Minseok teased. 

"Go away," I mumbled. 

"Well, I just wanted to come in and say that I talked to Sohee and Nami and they said that they haven't seen Jinah since this morning." 

I sighed.  How could she just have disappeared?  "Where could she be then?" 

Right after I said that the door opened once again.  Relief washed over my body.  Minseok and I just stared at her as she made her way to her desk and sit down.  I opened my mouth to say something, but the bell rang and immediately students began filling into the classroom.  I cursed to myself, why were there so many damn interruptions and disturbances these past two days. 

 

 


Hello all!  Did you enjoy this chapter?  You see why Luhan is confusing now right?  Kind of?  Heheh, anyways thanks for reading! :D

 

~Angelflyer