Chapter Six

I Don't Care

Luhan's POV

Right after the last bell of the day rang I got up, being packed up before the bell actually rang, and went to Jinah's side.  She had just finished packing up too and was about to walk away until I reached out and grabbed her wrist. 

She turned and looked at me with her beautiful, brown eyes.  I was just about to open my mouth and say something to her, but she beat me to it and began speaking first. 

"Luhan," she said, "Please, just forget about what happened and what I said." 

I stayed silent until her wrist was starting to slip away from mine.  "Okay, but you have to promise me something." 

"What is it?" 

Before I even got the chance to talk again, Jihoon came into the room and wrapped his arms around Jinah.  "Oh, hi Luhan," he said.  "If it's alright, I'm going to steal Jinah now." 

I almost stood up straight and told him no, but I had no reason to keep her back.  I nodded my head and glanced at Jinah.  She looked at me.  It seemed like she was anticipating something, but the look in her eye soon went away and was replaced with a cheerful eye smile when she looked at Jihoon. 

It hurt me.  I wished that she would look at me like that.  I let her go and was left in the lonely classroom by myself and my thoughts.  Then my phone rang.  It was Minseok. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey!  You're going to be late.  Get down here!" Minseok yelled through the phone. 

I looked at the time and quickly made my way down to the locker room so that I could change. 

 

Your POV

I got home that night thinking about what Luhan would have told me before we got interrupted by Jihoon.  I was curious, even more than I was embarrassed today. 

Speaking about being embarrassed today, after I ran out of the classroom, I just went to sit in the stairway to the roof.  As I sat in silence, I thought about Luhan and the look he gave me when I said that I didn't like him, which was a total lie.  It looked like he was hurt by what I said, but maybe I was just imaging it because I looked at him and ran out so quickly. 

Throughout the rest of the week no words were exchanged between Luhan and I, only small smiles.  I was a bit surprised at first and kind of expected him to come over to me and start talking about what he never finished the other day.  He never did, though.  I felt a little disappointed, but the smile was enough to satisfy me.  I guess it was step into talking again. 

When Friday came around, I quickly exited school and went to the cafe near by.  Right as I was entering, a college boy was coming out and I accidentally spilled his drink all over his shirt. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said and looked at him in embarrassment.  "Here, I'll grab you some napkins." 

He followed me back in and stood beside me as I began handing him napkins from the counter.  Then I helped him dab his soaking wet shirt.  But as I helped him, I knew for sure that his shirt was ruined. 

"I'm sorry...  How much was this shirt?  I'll pay for it," I told him. 

He chuckled.  "It's okay.  It's just some old shirt from my older brother.  It's no big deal, but if you would like to repay me I would like you're number." 

"U-uh..." 

"How about I buy you a drink?" 

"What?  No, no, it's okay.  I should be paying for you, I ruined your shirt." 

"It's okay, really.  Oh, and my name is Jaekyung, by the way.  What's yours?" 

"Jinah, it's nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too, Jinah-sshi.  What would you like to drink?" 

"It's okay-" 

"But I want to pay." 

"What for?" 

"How about if I pay, you give me some of your time.  Deal?" 

"Uh, sure." 

He smiled at me and we both walked up to the worker behind the counter.  After I ordered and he paid for me, we went to sit down at a small table for the two of us. 

At first talking to this stranger, named Jaekyung, was quite awkward, but we soon warmed up to one another and began talking like we were old friends trying to catch up with one another.  I found out that he was in his going into his last year of college and that he was visiting home which was here. 

We talked for a while longer before he had to go.  He said goodbye to me then left the cafe.  After he left I pulled out my books and began studying for the upcoming tests that we were going to have. 

I talked to Jaekyung a lot for the past few days and we had gotten pretty close.  I found him to be quite the nice person and many other little detailed things like what kind of coffee he liked best, or where he lived, what his birthday was, and other small things like that. 

Then when I was at the home Friday soccer game, he surprised me towards the end of the game to say hi.  He said he would've stayed longer, but he had somewhere to be, so he only stopped by to say hi, then left. 

Other than Jaekyung coming to visit, the soccer team had won their first home game of the season, with Luhan scoring the last goal.  Usually I'm not that big of a cheerer type of person, but when I saw Luhan score that last goal in the last 10 seconds of the game I jumped up and began screaming. 

Then everyone started pushing through to get to the field and the soccer players.  I ran down with Sohee and Nami beside me and went to say congratulations to all the team members. 

Minseok was the first one that I found and he hugged me in celebration.  He was all sweaty and dirty from sliding around the field and was squeezing the life out of me, but I didn't care everyone was happy and in the moment. 

Then I made eye contact with Luhan as soon as Minseok let go of me.  Everything and everyone seemed to be in slow motion as Luhan and I stared into each other's eyes.  Slowly my body began making its way over to Luhan.  He was too, and began reaching out to me as we got closer. 

Finally I reached him and he reached me.  We stood there awkwardly for a couple seconds before I nodded my head telling him it was all okay to hug.  Then he smiled and wrapped his arms around me.  I whispered my congratulations to him and hugged back. 

We pulled apart from each other, then stood there awkwardly again until he was being pulled away fromme by his friends.  He kept turning to look back to me though, but I just smiled at him. 

 

 


Hello! Nice chapter, right?  Haha :D  Tell me how you liked it or anything else down below in the comments!  I read and reply to each and every one of your comments! 

 

~Angelflyer