Chapter Four

I Don't Care

Your POV

It was a quiet Saturday morning, almost a week since Luhan saved my life, when I went in to help with student counsil activities at school.  I was never really a person to join in on that type of club but Nami said that the student counsil members needed a few extra hands, so she asked me and Sohee to help. 

Coincidentally the boys were out in the gym and soccer field doing try-outs for the boy's soccer team.  So after I was done helping Nami and the student counsil, I went around back and watched the guys do their try-out, although there were only a few minutes left until it ended. 

I don't know why- actually yes, I do know why I wanted to wait and watch them.  Ever since Luhan saved me, I couldn't stop looking at and thinking about him.  Most people would say that I was only feeling this way because he saved me, but to be honest I've always liked him secretly since we were young.  I've just never told anyone or said anything about it. 

Within five minutes they all left to go to the gym to gather their things.  I got up and followed them into the school. 

I was going to walk into the gym where they all were until I overheard someone say my name. 

"...Jinah, right?" some guy asked. 

"Yeah, why?" Luhan's voice answered. 

"Well, she's a nice girl and all, but I heard that she s with older guys." 

"First of all, those are rumors so you don't know for sure if those are true or not, and second of all where are you going with this?" 

"You don't like her, do you?" 

"Why do you care?" 

"I'm just asking, for your sake..."

"What do you mean by that?" 

"Your image; social image." 

"So if I say yes that I do like her, what'll that do?" 

"Well, that just makes your chances of getting on the team slimmer than the newbies.  We don't need someone like you to ruin the whole soccer team's image itself." 

"What does my so-called "image" have to do with the soccer team's?" 

"Well, for one thing, you're quite the popular one.  Even students from around this high school know all about you.  You're like a celebrity." 

There was a long pause.  "No, I don't like her.  I was just helping a her so that she didn't get hurt." 

"Oh... okay then.  Well, that settles it.  Hey sorry for the interrogation, but I had to ask.  It might not make sense now, but-" 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" someone asked making me jump in surprise because I was so intensely listening to the conversation happening in the gym. 

I turned and found Minseok staring down at me with a confused look.  "O-oh... I-I was just going home," I replied and looked anywhere but his eyes. 

Quickly I tried walking passed him, but he caught my arm.  "Are you okay?  You look a bit-" 

"I'm fine," I cut him off. 

Then Luhan came out from the gym and looked at the both of us.  My heart stopped.  He looked hot with his sweaty bangs and forehead and muscular legs and arms, but then what he said replayed in my head.  "No, I don't like her..."  It spun around constantly and I could feel the tears starting to form. 

"I've got to go," I quickly said and walked away. 

"Hey, Jinah!" I heard Minseok call after me, but I just kept going as if I heard nothing. 

 

Luhan's POV

"What's up with Jinah?" Minseok asked me as we watched her figure disappear around the corner. 

"I don't know," I shrugged. 

Did she possibly hear my conversation with the other guy?  If she did I'm absolutely screwed.  I... really didn't mean what I said.  My feelings for her... I don't even know how I feel. 

"Aren't you going to go after her?" Minseok asked interrupting my thoughts. 

"H-huh?  Why?" I asked. 

"Because doesn't it worry you that she's probably upset?" 

"Uh..." 

"Just go would you?" 

I nodded and dropped my duffel bag and began running towards the direction where Jinah went.  As I ran I silently thanked Minseok for continuously giving me the push to do stuff like this, otherwise I'd probably still be standing there and or getting into my car and driving home. 

After half an hour of trying to look for her around the school and around our neighborhood, I gave up.  I couldn't find her anywhere. 

I found out that I made the team from my coach right when I got to school on Monday, even though I already had a spot on the team because my three previous years of playing, so now I totally regret what I said to that other guy the other day.  Other than finding out if I was on the team or not, I went looking for Jinah right away to see if she was alright. 

I was hoping she was already in the classroom because she usually got to school early, but when I got there she wasn't anywhere in sight.  I sighed and sat in my seat quietly while putting my head down on the desk. 

Right before the bell ran Jinah came in, so I didn't get a chance to talk to her.  At lunch time I didn't get to talk to her either because she disappeared so quickly.  And finally at the end of the day, I was stopped by a couple of girls leaving Jinah to walk out of the school quietly without me getting to her. 

I met my eleven friends at the cafe that was near by and grabbed something to drink before sitting down with them.  I wasn't even paying any attention when they were talking because my mind was off in another place and thinking about Jinah and my feelings. 

"Yo, Luhan, are you alive?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Huh?" I asked. 

"Are you okay?  You were spacing out just now," Kyungsoo said. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Are you having girl problems, specifically with Jinah?" Jongdae asked teasingly. 

I just sighed and ignored his question.  "I'm fine, really, guys.  I think I'm going to go early, though." 

We said our goodbyes and I left.  My mind was spinning and I didn't know what to do or think.  All I've been thinking about for the past two days is Jinah and Jinah only. 

Why was this so difficult.  My were my feelings being so confusing and not clear about anything.  It's so easy to make a decision, yet my mind and heart could not come to an agreement together.  It was giving me a headache. 

When I got home, my parents were out again so I had to whole house to myself for the night, as usual.  I went straight up to my room and tried doing my homework to distract me from my messy brain. 

 

 


Hi guys!  You all are probably wondering why Luhan just doesn't go up and confess to you/Jinah, right?  Well, we shall find out in the next chapter, so keep reading!  Heheh :) 

 

~Angelflyer