Chapter Three

I Don't Care

Luhan's POV

I held onto Jinah's shoulders as we made our way down to her house.  Although she said that she was okay, I felt her shaking as I was holding her, plus I could already tell by the frightened look on her face when I was talking to her earlier that obviously she wasn't okay. 

Jinah and I lived in the same neighborhood with bigger sized houses, but not big enough to be called mansions.  And I remember just like it was yesterday when we would run from her house to mine and play games.  She was such a tomboy back then.  Always wanting to get down and dirty and play video games all night long. 

I chuckled silently to myself thinking about the past.  I missed those times.  I soon got interrupted from my thoughts as we walked onto the porch of her house.  I stood at the one stair that lead to the porch and let Jinah walk up to the door herself. 

She turned around and looked at me.  "Th-thanks, Han." 

For some reason I felt my ears starting to burn up after she thanked me.  I became flustered and just nodded in reply.  I guess it was the way my name came out of .  When we were kids she always called me "Han" or "Hannie-oppa", but at school- the few moments when we did talk a bit- she would call me by my full name like how everyone else does. 

Without wasting any time I turned and quickly walked home while whispering a brisk goodbye. 

 

Your POV

I couldn't get enough of Luhan's warmth because it just felt special.  His comfort, it was absolutely different from other guys'.  I was a bit disappointed that him holding onto me protectively was short- or it seemed so because when I actually noticed and was awake from my shaken state that he was holding me we were already approaching my house. 

The next day at school everyone was talking about what happened the night before with the whole gun thing and whatever.  Many different people came up to me and asked if I was alright and whatnot. 

Even in my classroom there were people waiting to see and talk to me about last night's event.  I tried to politely answer them even though I was starting to get slightly annoyed. 

I sneaked a peak over at Luhan when the crowd was slowly dying and found him surrounded as well, with mostly girls.  Then thankfully the bell rang and our homeroom teacher came in. 

Lunch time seemed to come by in no time and I was already out behind the school with everyone else and Nami and Sohee. 

I sat beneath a tree with my two friends and happily ate and chatted with them.  Once in a while people would come swing by and ask me more questions, but it wasn't as bad as this morning when I first got to school. 

Then just as yesterday, twelve young men walked onto the school soccer field and began playing their game.  I watched attentively and just couldn't keep my eyes off of Luhan.  Every time I tried looking at the others, my eyes would wonder back to Luhan on their own. 

The bell rang making me snap out of my little trance.  Quickly I got up and left to go back to the classroom after saying bye to Nami and Sohee. 

I was the one of the first people in the classroom so I silently sat in my seat and began taking out my notebook and such.  Then others began to come into the classroom making the once quiet room not so quiet anymore. 

As I doodled in my notebook, someone towered over my desk.  I slowly looked up and stopped my doodling.  It was Minseok.  He bent his upper body forward and leaned in so close that our faces were litterally just inches away. 

I felt my cheeks heat up.  It was embarrassing to have him so close to me.  He greeted me cheerfully, but I couldn't utter out a single word because I was so flustered. 

He chuckled.  "I know that people have been troubling you all day," he began, "but I have to ask...  Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah," I stuttered. 

"That's good.  I heard that Luhan over there saved you, right?" 

I turned my head and looked over at Luhan who was coincidentally staring straight at me as well.  Our eyes locked contact for a short second, but Luhan turned away almost as soon as I saw him.  Then I nodded my head. 

Our teacher came in right after the bell.  Minseok smiled and headed back to his own seat. 

 

Luhan's POV

When Minseok got back to his desk, I kicked him from underneath the desks.  He turned and looked at me and glared, mouthing "What was that for?" 

I just sighed and pulled out my phone. 

Me: What do you mean what was that for?  You know exactly what that was for...

I pressed send and watched him take his phone out of his pocket and begin typing on it.  I looked up at the board and copied it while waiting for a text back from him.  And within a minute or so my phone buzzed. 

Baozi: Hey, you're jealous are you? 

I stared at the text and scoffed. 

Me: No, I am most definitely not!

Baozi:  Sure...  But don't worry.  You don't have to be jealous, I'm just trying to help you ;) 

After reading the text I turned my head and looked at him.  He turned and looked at me as well and smiled innocently.  I silently sighed and looked down at my notes trying to focus on the lesson. 

Without me even knowing, the last bell of the day rang.  I packed up my stuff and quickly walked out of the classroom.  But before I got to the entrance slash lobby of the school, I was stopped by Jinah. 

She lightly tapped my shoulder and I turned to face her.  Right at the moment I looked at her I thought of how cute she looked.  Wait, did I really just say that?  Uhhgg... 

"Luhan," she said. 

"Hey," I greeted with a small soft smile. 

I saw her cheeks go pink and she looked even cuter than before.  I told myself to stop and mentally shook myself. 

"I... I just wanted to-" 

"Oppa~!" a group of girls exclaimed. 

We both turned our heads and saw six girls walking towards us and pushing Jinah out of the way.  I grew irritated and tried locking eye contact with Jinah, but she just gave me a small smile and left with Jihoon again. 

I sighed and pushed through the girls and made my way home.  As I walked I didn't know what to think.  Half my heart went one way while the other went a totally different way. 

 

 


Hello everybody!  How was this chapter?  Tell me in the comments!!  :)  Thanks for reading!! 

 

~Angelflyer