Love is a First Kiss

One Shot at Love

KIM JONGIN

 

Once I woke up with Sehun next to me, I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face on remembering the previous night. Sehun confessed to me. Sure he was drunk, but it didn't make it any less genuine. Our limbs were entangled under the sheets and he had his face nuzzled against my chest, breathing steady.

In that moment, as I held him in my arms and felt the warmth of his body on mine, I realized...

I'd already fallen in love.

I'd fallen in love with Sehun and there was no turning back. Not that I wanted to, anyway.

The thought made a happy smile form on my face. The thought that I'd given my heart, my soul, all my love to Sehun, no exchange and no refund, made me so incredibly happy, even as intimidating as it was. I knew I'd never love anyone else other than him, for the rest of my life. I didn't think I actually realized how bizarre it was until I actually fell in love. My heart belonged to him and only him, even if he could easily leave me and love someone else.

Smiling, I leaned forward and kissed his forehead softly.

"I love you," I whispered, and no three words had ever felt better leaving my lips.

As I was about to get up from the bed, there was a sudden harsh pounding in my head and I fell back into the bed, clutching my head in pain. I was dizzy, everything was blurry in front of me, and my head hurt like it was being smashed by a hammer, over and over again. It wasn't long before I felt the familiar dampness under my nose and realized that my nose was bleeding as well.

... Not this again.

The throbbing in my head was persistent and getting worse by the second, and it wasn't long before I was seeing in two's and three's. Unable to bring myself to get up, I curled back on the bed in a fetal position, trying my best not to whimper as I didn't want to wake Sehun up.

I wasn't sure how long I was curled up in the bed like that with my head feeling like it was gonna explode, but it all just abruptly stopped. When everything around me was becoming clear again, I could hear soft knocking on the door.

"Sehun? Jongin?"

It sounded like Yixing. I sat up from the bed and made my way to the toilet in the room, splashing water on my face and making sure my nose had stopped bleeding. Then I just stood there and stared at myself in the mirror for a few seconds, panting.

What is going on? First those bruises, then the time I got sick, then the dream, now this... 

I wasn't sure what was happening with me but I felt like it was all connected somehow. I knew I didn't have time to think about it right now either, since Yixing was still knocking. I made my way out to the door and opened it.

"Good morning," Yixing smiled before peeking into the room, "He's still asleep, huh?"

"Yeah. I thought I'd let him sleep some more. He's had a rough night."

"That's probably for the best. Poor guy," he sighed, "Turns out some freshman at the party last night thought it'd be fun to go around spiking people's drinks. . But don't worry, Chanyeol and I made sure to give him a piece of our minds."

"That's good to know."

"I hope he wasn't too much trouble last night. I'm sorry you had to be stuck babysitting him."

"Like I said, Sehun is my friend. I couldn't just leave him in that state."

Yixing smiled warmly at me, "It... means a lot to me and Luna, you know?"

I frowned at that, "What?"

"Everything you've been doing for Sehun. He's been a lot more cheerful since you showed up. And even though he's known us longer, he seems to listen to you a lot more. Which is so not fair by the way," he chuckled, "Well anyway, I just wanted to say. I really appreciate what you've been doing for him."

I stared at the floor for a few seconds, not really knowing what to say. It was the first time Yixing had talked to me like that and it really took me aback.

"I mean I didn't really do much..."

"You may not realize it but we do. I mean, he used to pass out really often before, either from overworking himself or not eating well. But it's happened rarely since you came along. You seem to care about him quite a bit."

I smiled, "I'm glad. I do care about Sehun a lot."

"Yeah, I can tell," he mumbled with a knowing smile on his lips, "Anyway! I came up here to call you guys down for breakfast. But obviously Sehun's still aslee-"

"OUCH!"

The two of us suddenly looked into the room where Sehun was on the floor next to the bed, seemingly unable to get up. I chuckled at the sight as I made my way toward him and lifted him up from the floor.

"Whoa, you okay there?"

" no!"" He groaned, "My head hurts like hell and I feel like !"

I sighed and led him back to the bed so he could sit down.

"Yixing, do you have any painkillers?"

"Yeah. I'll go get him some. Be right back."

I nodded and looked back at Sehun who had his eyebrows scrunched together in pain. The poor guy must have been really hungover from the previous night.

"W-What happened last night?" He mumbled, looking at me.

 "Well... Someone spiked your drink."

His eyes widened in shock at the revelation, "W-What? Who?"

"I don't know."

"... I can't remember anything. I mean... I remember the party and we had cake, and then we danced... and that's it."

"Don't worry about it, okay?" I said, cupping his cheek, "Nothing bad happened to you. As soon as we realized it I brought you up here and you fell asleep."

He groaned, "I'm never touching a drink at a party ever again. It almost never ends up well."

Merely a second later, he had a nauseous look on his face and brought his hands up to his mouth. On realizing he was about to throw up, I quickly led him to the toilet and thankfully he reached the toilet seat right before he emptied his stomach into it. I stood there next to him and patted his back as he threw up, knowing he'd feel better after it was out of his system, but still hating to see him in discomfort.

"..." he panted after he was done, resting his face on the toilet seat, "Out of everyone I didn't want you seeing me a hot mess like this..."

"Come on, it's not your fault your drink got spiked."

"It's still embarrassing..."

"Hey... I don't want you to be embarrassed in front of me, okay?"

"Uh... Sehun? Are you alright?" Yixing said, suddenly appearing at the door.

"I've been better," he grumbled, struggling to stand up, "Could you guys like, give me a second?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

 

 

 

After Sehun had freshened up and taken a shower, the three of us went downstairs for breakfast. He was very quiet that morning and obviously in a bad mood, but I couldn't really blame him. I probably would be if I were in his shoes.

Later that day, Sehun and I were back in the dorm room. I was sitting on my bed, headphones in my ears, listening to music as I worked on my Dance History assignment. Sehun on the other hand was lying down on his own bed, seeming deep in thought and slightly frustrated. I decided I'd leave him for a while since he looked like he could use some time alone.

But suddenly, I felt my headphones being pulled out of my ears and my laptop put aside on the bed. Looking up in confusion, I saw Sehun sitting in front of me, staring at me with a frown marring his handsome face.

"Uh..." I blinked at him, "Is something up?"

"Jongin, tell me honestly."

"What?"

"Did I.... Do or say anything weird yesterday?"

I felt a smirk tug at the corners of my lips but I did my best to hold back and raised an inquisitive eyebrow instead, "Weird?"

"Yeah, you know. Weird, inappropriate, out of character, whatever. Anything at all?"

"Hm..." I placed a hand under my chin, pretending to be deep in thought. I could think of a few 'inappropriate' things he had said, but I wanted to take the chance to a little, "I don't know. Did you?"

He glared at me, "Jongin... I'm not kidding around."

I reached a hand forward and loosened the scrunch between his eyebrows, "If you keep frowning like that you'll get wrinkles on your beautiful face."

His cheeks reddened for a second as he cleared his throat, pushing my hand away, "S-Stop beating around the bush. I can't shake the feeling that I did something... bad last night and you're really not helping right now."

My face softened and I smiled at him, "No... Nothing bad."

He let out a small sigh of relief, "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

The frown on his face loosened and his shoulders slumped down, "Good..."

"But now, you have to answer me this honestly," I added, leaning forward. Maybe a little closer than he expected because his eyes widened slightly.

"O-Okay..."

"Sehun," I muttered, looking at his lips for second before meeting his eyes once again, "Are you gay?"

His eyes widened and the panic in his face was clear as he sat back, leaning away from me.

"W-What? N-No, of course not! Are you nuts?" he scoffed, looking away from me.

I narrowed my eyes and crawled towards him on the bed, "Liar," I whispered.

His eyes widened even more, "W-What makes you say that?"

I held his chin and turned his head to face me. His eyes were looking anywhere but at my own and I could tell he was nervous.

"I can see it in your eyes."

He looked at me, his gaze wavering but staying locked on my eyes. It seemed he no longer had a reason to hide it.

"Th-Then... What else do you see?"

His question was bold and surprised me a little, considering how nervous he looked just a second ago. Now, he just stared at me calmly, waiting for an answer. I breathed out slowly, biting my lip. I could feel my own heart thumping in my chest.

"You're attracted to me."

He closed his eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "And are you okay with that?"

I leaned forward, staring at his lips, "More than okay..."

Our breaths were mixing and our lips were just inches apart. Sehun wasn't resisting either, just staring at me expectantly. But before I could get closer, there was a sudden knock on the door that had the two of us jumping away from each other. Sehun's eyes were wide as if he had just realized what had happened and quickly stood up from the bed. I wanted to tell him to just ignore whoever was at the door, but I stopped myself. He cleared his throat, not sparing me a glance before making his way to the door to unlock it.

"Hi!"

"Oh, h-hey Taemin," he greeted the boy at the door, "Come on in."

Taemin walked into the room, waving at me happily.

"'Sup." Before I had a chance to reply, he sat down on my bed and spoke again, "I'm bored, let's go out and eat some ."

I groaned, "I'm really not in the mood, Tae."

"That wasn't a question. We're going out." He said blankly.

I sighed, knowing how persistent Taemin was. I didn't have much of a choice there.

"Fine."

"Sehun, do you wanna join us?" He asked, looking at the other boy in the room.

"Uh no, I'm good. You guys have fun."

Taemin shrugged, "Suit yourself. Come on Jongin, let's go."

I dragged myself off the bed and put on my leather jacket, a little salty that Taemin had interrupted our little moment. Sehun didn't look me in the eye at all as he sat on his bed, looking even more distressed than he did before. 

I guess I should give him time.

 

 

 

By the time Taemin and I came back to the dorms, it was quite late. We first went to have some dinner before he took me from place to place until it was almost midnight. I knew the guy probably had something bothering him and just wanted to go out and forget about it, so I didn't complain. I didn't ask him about it either; if he wanted to say anything he would have already. But I had a feeling it had something to do with Soojung.

"Hey, Jongin. Do you have someone you like?" He asked we walked towards the dorm building. I lifted a brow at the sudden question.

"Why?"

"I'm just curious, Geez."

"Well... yeah."

"Is it Soojung?"

"What? No!" 

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Why the overreaction? It was just a question."

I glared at him, "Why does it feel like you're interrogating me?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry. Really though, is it her?"

"I told you already, it's not Soojung. What makes you think that?"

"It's just... You guys get along so well. To tell you the truth... I'm kinda envious. Why does she treat you so well but always treats me like an idiot?"

Ah... So that's what's bothering him.

We stopped outside the dorm building and I turned to him, "Well you do come off too strong sometimes..." I muttered, "But... I guess she treats you that way because she does like you."

He widened his eyes, "R-Really?"

"People who deny their feelings tend to treat the object of their affection rudely... as if to prove to themselves that they don't like them."

"So you think she likes me?"

"I'm not saying she does but... it's possible. Maybe you should just try changing your approach a little. Take a step back, don't try so hard all the time. When she realizes she misses the attention, she might just stop denying it to herself."

He nodded in understanding, "Yeah... You're right! Why didn't I think of that? Holy , Jongin, you're a genius!"

I smiled as I looked at his excited expression, when a sudden feeling of dread hit me like a wave all at once.

Sehun... Sehun's in danger.

My eyes widened and I stepped back, feeling the panic rise in me. I needed to find Sehun right now

"Jongin? Hey, Jongin!"

Taemin yelled after me as I took off running into the dorm building, but I didn't care. All I knew is that I needed to find Sehun, and fast. I wasn't sure why, but my legs led me straight to the pool area. I opened the door to the pool looked around in panic, eyes widening when I saw him.

Sehun was in the deep end of the pool, thrashing around, struggling to stay afloat.

He was drowning.

"Sehun!" I yelled, panicking when his movements had stilled. I couldn't just stand there, I had to save him.

Without hesitation, I jumped into the water, hoping I wasn't too late.

 


 

Oh look who's still alive lol

Guess who's been having writer's block. Yes, this girl. Anyway, here's a chapter I guess. Hope you guys liked it.