Prologue

One Shot at Love

OH SEHUN

 

I felt a soft, feather-like touch on my cheek. I didn't know why, but it was oddly comforting. I unknowingly leaned into it with a content sigh.

"So beautiful," whispered an unfamiliar voice. It was as smooth as chocolate and felt like music to my ears. A few seconds later, I could feel a pair of soft lips pressing themselves against my own in a chaste kiss. It almost felt as if I was being kissed by heaven itself.

Overridden by curiosity as to who this stranger was, I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met by a pair of gorgeous deep brown orbs.

"Who are you?" I asked softly, my eyes half-lidded from how intoxicated I felt by their touch.

They smiled at me, a smile so beautiful I had never seen anything like it. I studied the gorgeous face of the person just inches away from me, simply longing for them to close the distance between us once more.

"Soon." They simply whispered, eyes boring into mine as if staring into my very soul. They leaned in and kissed me once again, and all I could do was close my eyes and savor the feeling of it. 

 

Little did I know that when I would open them again, I'd be met with the all too familiar scenery of my dorm room. I sat up on my bed, my hand unconsciously shooting up to trace against my lips.

I could hardly remember what my dream was about, but I could recall being kissed by someone, and it was as if I could still feel the sensation of it on my lips. Apart from that, only one scene shone bright as day in my head. A pair of beautiful chocolate brown orbs boring deep into my own. 

I sightly jumped in shock when there was a sudden knock on my door, interrupting the deep silence of the room. 

"Sehun-ah! You up?" 

"Baek?" I stood up from my bed and made my way to the door, unlocking it to see my friend Baekhyun standing at my doorway, "Gosh what are you doing here this early? It's 5 a.m. for 's sake..."

Baekhyun lifted an eyebrow, "You do know we have a project to work on, right? Come on, Luhan and Yixing are waiting for us at the studio. Go freshen up, we ain't got all day."

I sighed and nodded tiredly, "Yeah... okay."

 

I couldn't get the dream off my mind that morning. Why was it that this nameless stranger made me feel so weak when I thought about them? It wasn't even a real person for crap's sake! And the way they kissed me... I couldn't forget the sensation of it. It was the strangest feeling; everything else was a blur. I didn't know who they were or where we were, and most of all why I was getting so worked over this stupid dream.

I groaned. The swirling of all these thoughts in my head was really starting to give me a headache.

"Sehun, are you listening?!"

"Huh? Uh... what?"

Luhan glared at me, "I said we'll be shooting the first scene of you and Yixing dancing today. Tao should be here with the outfits in thirty minutes. And why do you keep spacing out today?"

"I'm not spacing out," I said defensively, "I'm just... a little tired that's it."

Luhan rolled his eyes, "Why don't you go get yourself a cup of coffee while we work out some details for the first scene? We can't have our lead looking like a damn zombie."

"Yeah, yeah... Got it." I nodded as I stood up from my seat, making my way to the cafeteria to buy myself a cup of coffee. It wasn't like I had any reason to complain anyway, and a cup of coffee really would help clear my mind.

Basically, we had a month to make a full-fledged music video and it alone was going make up 40% of our final grade. That meant any falling short from my side would not only affect me, but my entire team. I needed to stay focused.

It's just a stupid dream, Sehun. Get over it.

Shaking my head at myself, I ordered a cup of coffee at the cafeteria before making my way back to the studio. There were dozens of students walking by and by in the hallways and coincidentally, my eyes fell on a random person and I couldn't help but freeze when I saw him. He was a handsome, tall brown-haired boy with pink, plump lips and the figure of a model. I was pretty sure I had never seen before, but for some reason he just looked so familiar. He was just standing there, staring at a green board which had some announcements on it. Where have I seen you before?

Before I knew it, the boy caught my lingering gaze on him and turned to look at me. 

Those eyes...

I stepped back in shock. Those eyes... they were exactly like the ones of the person I saw in my dream. I remembered them so clearly. But how... How....

The boy, noticing the startled look on my face, furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

I wasn't sure why, but my heart was racing and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. It was like there was some force keeping my eyes on him, and I couldn't look away. But after realzing how awkward the atmosphere around us was becoming, I somehow managed to divert my gaze and walked away, trying to calm my beating heart.

Just who is that boy and how did I see him in my dream?