4:5

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry for the bit of a wait. I’ve been uninspired for this chapter, and I’ve been having personal life problems. So, yeah. It took me a while to start writing this next update.

But today’s Changmin’s birthday! Happy birthday, Changmin! There’s no way I’m not updating today since it’s DBSK’s maknae’s special day! This update’s long, and I spent a whole day on this. Just to get it ready before Minnie’s birthday is over. :3

Sorry if it’s a bit of a mess, but I hope you guys like it.

Book 4: Blast from the Past

Chapter 5: Revelation

The silence in the room was suffocating.

Just minutes ago, the room had been filled with voices. Voices of shock at the sudden appearance of a long lost maknae. Voices that were angry and confronting. Voice of ex-lovers fighting. Voices of disbelief upon finding out the connection of the little boy to the Super Junior evil maknae.

Now, there were no voices at all.

No one was making a sound.

Not even the sound of breathing could be heard. It seemed like everyone had held their breaths and stopped breathing when Minhyun asked the question.

Kyuhyun, for his part, was refusing to meet anyone’s eyes. Especially the eyes of his ex. The evil maknae just held his son tightly, his face hidden and pressed against the top of Minhyun’s head.

The little boy continued to sob, hugging his mother as well, though through his tears, he was looking at the man right in front of him and his mother.

The man that Minhyun was almost completely sure was his father.

Minhyun was so upset and confused.

And to think that moments ago, he had been napping and happily dreaming about food…

Flashback

It was the sound of loud voices that had woken Minhyun up.

The little boy sat up with a frown on his face. He had been having such a nice dream! He had been in the middle of a meadow, all around him were different kinds of food! They were circling him, and kind of dancing happily as they went around Minhyunnie. There was ramen, and ice cream, and cake, and chicken, and noodles, and beef, and milkshake, and chocolate, and lollipops, and candies, and pork chop, and bowls of rice, and—

Thinking about his dream made Minhyun’s stomach growl.

Better get something to eat.

And see who had disturbed his wonderful dream! They will face the anger of the little evil minion, Minhyunnie vowed, even nodding a little to himself determinedly.

So, the little boy climbed out of bed, padded on his bare feet across the room, still in his blue pajamas with little teddy bears, and went out of his Uncle Hannie’s guest bedroom.

In the hallway, the voices were even louder.

Jeez, they’re the ones that insisted that Minhyunnie take a nap, yet they wake him up!

Adults these days, really, the little boy shook his head in mock despair.

Then, he recognized one of the voices.

His umma!

His umma was back! Hooray! The little boy grinned. He had missed his umma badly. He was sooo happy that his umma was back now.

And even better, it sounded like his umma was being angry at his Uncle Hannie. He could hear his umma’s angry voice and his uncle’s panicky one. Seeing his umma scare his uncle was quite entertaining for the little evil minion.

He quickly made his way to the living room.

But just at the threshold, Minhyun stopped, unnoticed by the adults and looking at the sight before him. The confrontation before him.

The adults all seemed to be fighting with each other. What was going on?

Minhyun watched the scene in front of him with wide eyes.

And the little boy learned that Super Junior had apparently been looking for his umma all along. His mother had been a member of Super Junior! The little boy had already been surprised when he found that his uncle had been a member of an idol group. And now, he learned that his umma had been the same group!

His umma had been an idol!

But the truths about his umma’s past life didn’t stop there.

Minhyunnie was feeling a storm of emotions as he watched the confrontation between his umma and the tall man who had given Minhyunnie snacks. A storm of emotions was going in the little boy he listened to the conversation between his umma and the man.

His umma and Changmin had been in a romantic relationship in the past? But they broke up?

Wait, did that mean…? Was Changmin… was Changmin Minhyunnie’s--?

At this point, the little boy realized that he was in tears. He didn’t even know when he had started to cry.

And then, the man dressed in a pink shirt noticed him, making everyone notice him as well.

And Minhyunnie ran into the arms of his mother.

He was in tears. He was confused. He couldn’t fully comprehend was going on, even if he was a little genius. He was also feeling kind of scared and worried with all the truths coming out.

It was too much for such a young boy.

So, Minhyunnie took refuge in the arms of his mother.

Being in his umma’s arms made everything better. Like food did.

End of Flashback

Minhyun now kept his gaze on Changmin. It was difficult to properly make out the man’s expression through his tears, but as far as the little boy could see, the man was staring at him and his mother. Changmin’s mouth was open, his jaw had dropped, and his eyes were as wide as saucers. The picture of stunned disbelief.

“Is he appa, umma?” Minhyun asked Kyuhyun again through his sniffles. If his umma had been together with Changmin in the past, that made it highly likely that Changmin was his appa, right?

The little boy pulled away from his mother so that he could look at his mother. But his mother’s expression was grim, his lips pursed together in a firm line, and he wouldn’t even meet Minhyun’s eyes.

Minhyun wondered if he should take his mother’s expression as confirmation that Changmin was indeed his father.

None of the other idols were saying anything. They were either staring at Kyuhyun, at Changmin, or at Minhyun. And some were switching their gazes back and forth all three of them. All the idols’ thoughts were running wild, yet for all the mental activity happening in their brains, nothing was still making sense.

“Kyuhyun,” Yesung said quietly now.

Kyuhyun glanced up at his weird hyung, and then he quickly look away again.

“Kyuhyun,” Yesung said again, not minding that Kyuhyun wouldn’t look properly at him. “Kyuhyun, why is Minhyun asking if… if Changmin’s his appa?”

The turtle-lover thought it best to clarify things. Nothing was making sense, and Kyuhyun was quite reluctant to answer. Apparently, they had to wrestle the truth out of him.

The whole truth, this time.

Because, apparently, the whole truth still wasn’t out. The whole truth hadn’t come out when they found out that Kyuhyun had been with Hankyung all these years. And the whole truth still hadn’t come out even when they found out that Minhyun was Kyuhyun’s son.

Yesung wasn’t sure how much shocking revelations he and s—his brothers—can handle, so he figured that they really need to get the whole truth out of Kyuhyun soon. No more holding back or leaving out quite important details—like the reason why Minhyun was asking if Changmin was his “appa.”

Kyuhyun just pressed his lips even tighter together.

The evil maknae’s mind was in a panic. No. No. His secret can’t be coming out! Not like this! Not in front of everybody! Not in front of him! He still couldn’t make himself look at Changmin’s face.

Seeing that Kyuhyun seemingly didn’t want to (or maybe even couldn’t) answer Yesung’s question, the DBSK leader now came forward. Yunho knew that the issues with Kyuhyun and Minhyun were Super Junior matters, and out of his respect, he had hung back. But now, it seemed like Yunho’s maknae was involved in the mess. And not just because he was Kyuhyun’s ex.

Minhyun was asking if Yunho’s maknae was his father.

There was no way that Yunho couldn’t not get involved if there’s any issue that his maknae was a father.

“Kyuhyun, we really need answers, please,” Yunho began firmly, making Kyuhyun squirm a bit. Yunho might not be Kyuhyun’s leader, but Yunho was still a leader. All leaders somehow had an aura around them that when they got into serious, leader mode, you just had to listen. “Why is Minhyun asking if my maknae’s his appa?” Yunho continued the questioning. “You said he’s your son; doesn’t that make you Minhyun’s appa?”

Kyuhyun was dead set on not replying, but Minhyun was already shaking his head.

“No,” Minhyun said through his tears. His red, teary eyes were now focused on the DBSK leader. “Umma’s not my appa. Umma’s my umma!” the little boy insisted.

“Well, now, that’s makes perfect sense and clarifies everything,” Kangin couldn’t help but mutter sarcastically under his breath.

Siwon nudged him, frowning disapprovingly at his hyung.

Eunhyuk shook his head a couple of times. Minhyun was great at video games, but it seemed like the child didn’t quite get the concepts of “umma” and “appa.” Not that Eunhyuk could blame him. The kid had grown up in China after all, so maybe Minhyun didn’t quite understand Korean terms yet.

So, the dancing machine of Super Junior took it upon himself to explain things for Minhyun. “Minhyun, I don’t think you understand. ‘Umma’ is used for one’s mother. ‘Appa’ is for the father,” Eunhyuk said slowly, trying to everything clear for the child.

“I know what ‘umma’ and ‘appa’ mean!” the little boy said defensively, pouting cutely. Despite the confusion that he was feeling, Minhyunnie was offended that Eunhyuk thought that a little genius like him didn’t understand what those words mean.

“Don’t treat my son like he’s an idiot, hyung!” Kyuhyun now snapped. Forget avoiding everyone’s eyes! The evil maknae didn’t like that his hyung was insinuating that his little dumpling didn’t understand basic words! “My son’s way smarter than all of you pabo hyungs put together!”

Eunhyuk quickly raised his hand in surrender, fearful for his life with the way that Kyuhyun was glaring at him. “Hey, hey! I wasn’t treating him like he’s an idiot! I just thought he didn’t understand—”

“Umma is my umma!” Minhyun insisted now. “He’s my mother!”

“Ahh,” Sungmin suddenly said. He thought he finally understood where Minhyun’s confusion might be coming from. “Kyuhyunnie might be playing the role of your umma, Minhyunnie, being both mother and father to you. But biologically, he—”

“He is my biological umma!” the little boy was starting to get frustrated. Why can’t all these adults understand him? Even if Minhyun was an evil genius and they weren’t, it shouldn’t be too hard to understand what he was trying to say right now, should it?

Eyes popped all around the room “What?!” the SM idols all said together.

“He’s my umma!” Minhyun said, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand. “He and Uncle Hannie told me! Umma’s the one that carried in his tummy before I was born! And umma’s the one that gave birth to me! And umma really is my umma! And I know that men aren’t the ones that have the kids—the women do—but my umma’s awesome and amazing and the best at everything! So, I guess he was able to achieve the impossible and have a kid even if he’s a guy! And—”

“Cho Minhyun, you stop talking right this instant!” Kyuhyun ordered quite sharply. He couldn’t believe that his little dumpling had just spilled everything out in front of everyone!

The evil maknae instantly regretted his tone, though.

Minhyun’s face fell, and new tears were forming in his eyes again. “Sorry, umma,” he sniffled, hanging his head down.

“No, no, no! It’s okay, Minhyunnie! It’s okay!” Kyuhyun quickly backtracked, giving the little boy in his arms a little shake.

“Minhyunnie shouldn’t have said those things, huh?” the little boy said dejectedly. First, he caused his umma to leave his idol life behind! Now, he apparently said things that his umma didn’t want the others to know! “Minhyunnie is sorry, umma.”

“Dumpling, it’s fine. Don’t cry, okay?”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Leeteuk interrupted. He was staring at Kyuhyun as though he had never seen Kyuhyun before. “You—you’re really Minhyun’s umma, Kyu? Literally?!”

And exclamations of disbelief filled Hankyung’s living room.

“That’s not possible!”

“It can’t be!”

“Kyuhyun’s a guy!”

Hankyung let out a heavy sigh. “Look, you guys.” Eyes all turned to the Chinese man. “Kyuhyun really is Minhyun’s mother.”

“You expect us to believe that?!” Heechul immediately snapped at him.

“I’m telling the truth!” Hankyung insisted at his ex-lover. “Kyuhyun—” He glanced at the maknae, who was now again refusing to properly look at anyone and was just to calm down Minhyun’s renewed sobs. Hankyung let out another sigh. Kyuhyun could no longer hide the truth. Not in this situation. But the evil maknae seemed unable to admit the truth, so it was up to his good and kindly hyung to take up the burden and somehow find a way to explain the inexplicable.

“Kyuhyun suddenly arrived at my doorstep over four years ago,” Hankyung began telling the crazy, seemingly impossible but completely true to life tale. “He told me that he had to go in hiding, and he asked me for help.”

Everyone’s attention was on Hankyung, their ears strained as they tried to absorb everything that the Chinese was saying.

“I wanted to know why he was running to me instead of his other Super Junior hyungs,” Hankyung continued. “He admitted to me that he was—that he was pregnant.”

Some were staring at Kyuhyun. Some were shaking their heads, still in disbelief.

Ryeowook, however, breathed out, “Oh, my God!” He looked urgently at Kyuhyun. “That was why you had been sick before you disappeared!”

“What are you talking about, Wookie?” Sungmin eyed the eternal maknae strangely.

Ryeowook said to s, “Remember how Kyuhyun was sick before he disappeared, guys? How he was sleepy and tired and throwing up?” He looked at the maknae now. “So, you weren’t sick, were you? You were—you were preg—preg—“ Ryeowook still couldn’t quite say it. Even if everything strange back then was now making sense, he still couldn’t fully comprehend that his dongsaeng had managed to conceive a child.

“Kyuhyun said he didn’t want to bring you guys into a scandal, so he ran away,” Hankyung quietly continued his explanation. “So, he went to me for help. I helped him stay hidden, took care of him during his pregnancy. Nearly losing my sanity in the process, mind you… And when the baby arrived, I got Kyuhyun and Minhyun settled in a small, remote town where they could live normal lives.”

Many people still couldn’t fully grasp the fact that Kyuhyun had managed to get pregnant, but all the Super Junior members’ eyes were teary now as well.

Leeteuk quickly crouched down beside Kyuhyun and Minhyun on floor, and he pulled his maknae (and inevitably, Minhyun too) into a tight hug. “Oh, Kyuhyun! You shouldn’t have run away! You should have told me the truth! Your hyungs would have taken care of you!”

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun grimaced at Leeteuk’s tight hold on him. “Hyung, I couldn’t risk dragging Super Junior into such a big mess! You know how the public would probably react! I wasn’t about to risk Super Junior being ruined because—”

“Because you had me?” Minhyun sniffled. His umma had to run away because of him! The little evil minion had never felt so upset in his life before. He ruined his umma’s idol life! His umma had to leave so that his group wouldn’t also be ruined!

“No, Minhyunnie! It’s not like that, dumpling!” Kyuhyun said again firmly.

“Wait, so, Kyuhyun left because he was pregnant?” Yoochun had to clarify matters. He was eying his own maknae, who was still rooted to the spot and staring at Kyuhyun and Minhyun. “But then, that really means that—that Changmin—”

Heads turned to the direction of the DBSK evil maknae.

Minhyun also glanced up at the man who had given him snacks.

“Changmin is Minhyun’s appa?” Junsu said wonderingly, finishing Yoochun’s sentence.

At those words, Changmin’s stumbled back, the shock finally taking effect and making him lose his balance.

“Changminnie!” Jaejoong cried out, and Yoochun and Junsu quickly surged forward, each of them managing to grab an arm of Changmin’s in time.

The DBSK maknae’s legs were splayed out in front of him, his just a foot over the floor, and the only thing keeping him from completely falling was the fact that his hyungs were holding his arms up. Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter