1:3

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's the next chapter! :D

And may I just say that Hankyung's really happy that he gets a chapter named after him. XD

Book 1: Impossible? It's Possible!

Chapter 3: Hankyung

The last thing that Hankyung expected to see when he had just been about to get to bed and had been interrupted by an unexpected knock on his front door was one of his ex-members standing outside his apartment.

And among his ex-members, Hankyung thought that one of the least likely candidates to just appear in front of him was a certain evil maknae.

Especially when the said evil maknae had a desperate, close-to-tears, near-his-wit’s-end look on his face.

Harassed and frazzled was not a usual look on Cho Kyuhyun (because God knows that he’s the one who usually does the harassing and frazzling), yet it was precisely that look that met the wide-with-shock eyes of Hankyung.

“Hyung.”

Kyuhyun need not say any more.

Many years apart have passed, but Hankyung still knew that tone from one of his dongsaengs well enough. He often heard that when a younger needs his hyung. Badly. Surprised as hell he may be, Hankyung readily opened the door wider, stepped aside, and beckoned Kyuhyun inside his home.

Kyuhyun stepped inside and Hankyung shut the door after him, but he didn’t make any further move to go farther inside Hankyung’s home.

In fact, Kyuhyun now seemed rooted to the spot.

The calmness and rationality that had been with the evil maknae while he was still contemplating his options back in their dorm in Korea started to slowly leave him during the flight to China. As the plane trip had gone on, panic finally started to sink into the maknae as the enormity of the decision and what he has to face started to make themselves realized.

Kyuhyun had barely managed to get himself together to remember simple phrases in Chinese so that he could ask the cab driver to take him to Hankyung’s home from the airport.

And now that he had finally reached his destination, Kyuhyun was thiiiiiiisss close to his breaking point.

Hankyung, though unsure of what was wrong, seemed to have realized that Kyuhyun was not going to move from his hallway on his own accord, so he firmly put his hands on Kyuhyun’s shoulders and led him to his sitting area. He added more pressure on Kyuhyun’s shoulders to make his knees buckle, and the maknae’s met Hankyung’s couch.

The older then took a deep breath and sat himself next to Kyuhyun, waiting for the younger to start speaking. To tell him what was wrong. Or, at the very least, to give some kind of explanation as to why he suddenly showed up in his ex-member’s apartment.

But minutes passed and yet no speaking happened.

Kyuhyun’s eyes were merely darting all over the place and he was his lips nervously. He was sitting at the very edge of Hankyung’s couch, only less than of his backside actually making contact with the comfy black leather. He looked quite ready to flee.

So, Hankyung brought it upon himself to begin the conversation.

“So… How have you been, Kyuhyun?” Hankyung began lightly, ignoring the whole strangeness (from not having seen each other for years and from Kyuhyun’s sudden appearance and panicked expression) of their current situation.

Well, Hankyung thought he started off the conversation lightly.

Kyuhyun just looked even more nervous.

‘Okay, so gentle and indirect approach failed,’ Hankyung grimaced in his thoughts.

The Chinese man then decided to go for the direct approach instead.

“What the hell is going on with you, Kyuhyun?” Hankyung demanded straight out, even using that strict, ‘I-am-older-than-you’ voice that his ex-members used on Kyuhyun when they were desperate to get the evil maknae to listen to and obey them.

“I- uh-“ Kyuhyun struggled to say, his voice cracking. “Hyung- I’m- I’m-“

But that was all where Kyuhyun managed to get, before the tears that he’d been trying to fight off started rolling down his cheeks. He stubbornly tried to rub them away with his arm, wetting the material of his sweater.

Hankyung, for his part, was even more astonished about the situation when Kyuhyun started crying. Just like being harassed and frazzled, Cho Kyuhyun does not do tears. What on earth had happened to the younger man? Hankyung’s thoughts ran wild as he tried to think of possible reasons on why Kyuhyun went to him (all the way in China!) and not to one of his other Super Junior hyungs. What had happened that had forced Kyuhyun to such drastic measures?

‘Is it something to do with Changmin?’ Hankyung thought with a frown as he remembered that Kyuhyun and Changmin had broken up.

Well, of course, the media didn’t exactly report it, since what the evil maknaes had was a secret relationship, after all. But given how Hankyung saw the news reports about Changmin and- and that girl from another SM group whose name Hankyung can just never remember, Hankyung assumed that Changmin and Kyuhyun were over.

But then again, that happened months ago. If that’s what’s happened that made Kyuhyun desperate enough to seek him, why did the maknae only show up now?

At lost with what else to do, Hankyung just pulled Kyuhyun into a tight hug.

The contact broke down Kyuhyun’s walls. The restrained sniffles turned into full-out sobs, letting out all the fear and confusion that he was feeling in the tears that ran down from his face to Hankyung’s shoulder.

After who knows how long, when Kyuhyun managed to cry everything out and was just letting out the occasional sniffle now and then (not to mention pulled away from Hankyung’s hug, his facial expression denying right away that he, an evil maknae, was part of such an emotional embrace), Hankyung remembered his manners as a host and offered to get him some refreshment.

“Water? Or hot chocolate? Soda? How about some tea?”

That made Kyuhyun let out a noise that was between a snort and a scoff. “If you’re trying to make me feel better, your ‘tea’ definitely won’t help.”

“Yah! My tea’s… my tea’s… the- the- goodest?” Hankyung tried to say indignantly, only to sound unsure in the end, his Korean (which had never been that perfect to begin with) not having been used for so long.

“It’s ‘best’, hyung,” Kyuhyun corrected him, rolling his puffy, bloodshot eyes. “And we all know that Wookie hyung makes the best tea, not you. You’re a great cook and all that, but your tea always ends up as a toxic disaster.”

Hankyung pursed his lips. Well, he was glad that Kyuhyun could still show some snark right now (that had to be a good sign that he’s returning to his old self, right?), but did he really have to insult Hankyung’s tea?

Oh, what the hell was Hankyung thinking? Maybe he’d been away from the evil maknae that long. Of course Kyuhyun had to insult his tea. Kyuhyun always takes every opportunity to insult his hyungs. Nothing personal, that’s just how the evil maknae rolled.

“Well, why did you come to me and not to Ryeowook, then?” Hankyung asked, not even thinking of his tea anymore and just going back to the question on why Kyuhyun chose to run to his Chinese ex-member, out of all his hyungs.

Kyuhyun’s expression darkened again.

“I- I need… help, hyung,” the younger said in a broken whisper.

Hankyung let out an exasperated sigh.

Even when the evil maknae was already the one asking for help, he still made things difficult for his hyungs! Kyuhyun just won’t get to the point and get it over with! No, even when asking for help, he somehow still manages to make his hyungs suffer! The hyungs have to work their brains out to figure what exactly it is that the maknae needs! It had always been like this! And Hankyung was already out of Super Junior, and he still had to go through this!

The older got out of his seat and started pacing back and forth in front of Kyuhyun, trying to release some of the stress (caused not even by the tiring schedule he had earlier, but by Kyuhyun, of course) in the movement.

“Yes. I know you need help, Kyu. I can tell,” Hankyung groaned. He wasn’t blind to not see the desperate expression on Kyuhyun’s face. Nor was he stupid to not realize that help is exactly what Kyuhyun needs, that help is the reason why Kyuhyun suddenly flew all the way to China. “But what kind of help, exactly? What exactly do you even need help with?”

“I’m pregnant, hyung.”

Hankyung abruptly stopped in his pacing, as though he had smacked into an invisible wall.

Well, thank God that Kyuhyun was finally straight to the point, but- but- hell.

Wait.

Did he just say that he was pregnant?

That can’t be right.

Hankyung’s Korean must be off and messing up again. That had to be it. He probably just misunderstood. Kyuhyun probably didn’t say that he was pregnant, but something along the lines that he had gotten someone pregnant. Yeah, that was it.

“You got someone pregnant?!” Hankyung shouted, gaping at Kyuhyun. “But- but- how? Wait, no, don’t answer that- I know exactly how. I just meant that- that- well, I thought you were gay?! Weren’t you with Changmin a few months back? Oh, God, don’t tell me- did you get together with some girl after your break-up as a rebound?!”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Hyung-“

But the shock had already launched Hankyung into an uncharacteristic tirade.

Not to mention made his Korean come out quite well, thank you very much.

“But that’s not really the point,” Hankyung continued with his rant. And with his frantic pacing. “I didn’t expect something like this from you, Kyuhyun! And it’s not even because you’re gay and I wouldn’t have thought that you’d get together with a woman, let alone get her pregnant! It’s not even that! But I thought you were smart, Kyu! An evil genius! Why weren’t you careful?! You knew you had to be careful, as an idol! But you-“

“Hyung! I did not get a girl pregnant!” Kyuhyun said loudly, looking more like his old, irritable self again. “Did you even hear what I actually told you?”

Hankyung rolled his eyes. “I’m not deaf, Kyuhyun.”

“Did you understand it right?” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes challengingly. He knew Hankyung’s Korean wasn’t the best.

“Well,” Hankyung floundered a bit. “Well, at first I thought I heard you say that you were pregnant. But that can’t be right. I must have misunderstood it. You meant you got a girl pregnant, right?”

Kyuhyun let out an exasperated sigh.

He was already in an impossible situation, and he still had to bear with an idiotic hyung. Well, granted, even if it wasn’t to Hankyung he ran to and it was to his other hyungs instead, he’d still have to deal with (even more!) idiotic hyungs. It just so happened that he would have a few language barrier problems with this particular idiotic hyung that he chose.

‘Why me?’ Kyuhyun couldn’t help but think mournfully, not even meaning his pregnant state, but the fact that he constantly had to deal with idiotic hyungs, which has always been a thorn on his side.

“Hyung, you didn’t misunderstand in the first place,” Kyuhyun tried (and totally failed) to say patiently. “I didn’t get some girl pregnant. I’m the one pregnant. Like, the baby’s in me.”

“Oh,” Hankyung said blankly, pausing from his pacing again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter