2:1

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, first, I owe you guys a huge apology for not updating for 2 months. My life’s been hell lately. You know how it is when it just seem like bad things keep happening right after each? I feel like I just can’t catch a break. T_T

Because of that, I haven’t written for a while and I’m just starting again now, so I’m still a bit rusty. Please excuse me if this update isn’t up to my usual standards.

Anyway, we’re starting Book 2 now! :) Just a head’s up, Books 2 and 3 will be more like a series of one-shots. Each chapter a glimpse on the lives of Kyuhyun and Minhyun (and the unfortunate people they’ll be dragging down with their crazy, evil ways :P).

Book 2: The (Crazy) Baby Years

Chapter 1: Ears

“Can I go home yet?”

“No.”

“Can I go home yet?”

“I said no.”

“…Please?”

“Let me think… No.”

“But I even said ‘please’ already!”

“Kuixian, you gave birth, you had surgery and now have stitches, you nearly died. And it’s been less than a day. You need to stay under observation a bit longer.”

“So… can I go home yet?”

The doctor just groaned. He never had a more infuriating patient than Kyuhyun, that was for sure.

“…How about now?” Kyuhyun asked yet again hopefully.

For the sake of his sanity, the doctor just quickly left the room.

“Does that mean ‘yes’?” the evil maknae looked at Hankyung in askance.

If it weren’t for the fact that Kyuhyun was holding Minhyun in his arms (and that Hankyung loves his evil dongsaeng very much, though he’s not thinking about that now, irritated as he was), Hankyung would have seriously done something… something… violent… to Kyuhyun by now.

Hankyung was normally a kind and gentle soul, but Kyuhyun could provoke violent tendencies from even the kindest and most gentle souls.

“No,” Hankyung gritted through his teeth. “It goddamn means no.”

Kyuhyun pouted. Then, an evil glint appeared in his eyes.

“And don’t even think about trying to sneak out,” Hankyung, well-practiced as he was in dealing with the evil maknae, quickly guessed what Kyuhyun was thinking of right now. “You need to pass through the reception area to get out of here, and Su Yin’s at the front desk there, fixing papers. You have no chance.”

Kyuhyun started to growl, but the noise made Minhyun squirm in his arms. He quickly shut up, a terrified look on his face. He did not want Minhyun crying his lungs out again.

Yes, it seems the evil maknae has met his match in a crying baby.

“Hyung!”

“What, Kyuhyun?” Hankyung sighed wearily.

“I’m bored!”

Hankyung’s eye twitched.

According to Hankyung’s mental tally, it was the fifth time Kyuhyun said that in less than an hour. It was now the day after Kyuhyun woke up and the evil maknae was still pale, with a sickly, grayish tinge to his skin. Still on the weak side.

But not weak enough to stop driving his hyung crazy.

It both amazed and exasperated Hankyung. Though, with Kyuhyun’s fifth exclamation about boredom, exasperation was winning.

“I don’t have my PSP! And there’s no TV in this room! Entertain me.” Kyuhyun was nothing if not very demanding.

Hankyung clapped his hands over his ears. “What? What was that? Can’t hear you, Kyu!”

Kyuhyun glared at him. Then, he looked down at his son in his arms (Kyuhyun rarely set him down, and Minhyun was already being spoiled to bits by his mother). “You know, Minhyunnie, I’m an evil maknae, but that man over there-“ he shot another glare at Hankyung- “is just plain mean! When you get bigger, you’ll help me make his life hell, right, baby?”

Minhyun cooed and reached his tiny hands up to Kyuhyun’s face. Kyuhyun took it as a sign of agreement.

“That’s my boy!” Kyuhyun said, pleased. He took Minhyun’s hands and placed a kiss on each of them.

Hankyung couldn’t help but shudder at this, even if he was pretending to ignore Kyuhyun right now. Kyuhyun alone was bad enough. But with help… Hankyung shuddered again.

It was silent for a while. Hankyung kept ignoring Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun just gazed at his baby’s face. After a while, he frowned.

“You know, hyung…” Kyuhyun began.

The change in Kyuhyun’s tone made Hankyung lower his hands. He looked at the younger curiously.

Kyuhyun teared his gaze from Minhyun’s face and looked at Hankyung. “He really is Changmin’s son.”

“What on earth do you mean by that? Was there any doubt? You told me you were sure he is Changmin’s son!” Hankyung said incredulously.

“Well, yeah, of course. That’s not what I meant. It’s just that…” Kyuhyun looked back at Minhyun again and suddenly snorted.

Hankyung was confused now. “What is it?”

“Just look at those ears!” Kyuhyun snickered.

Hankyung walked up to the bed and look at Minhyun’s ears closely for the first time. His eyes widened. Yep, Minhyun’s ears stuck out a lot. Just like Changmin’s. Hankyung fought back a smirk.

Kyuhyun, however, had no problems hiding his amusement. “No way that he got those from me! Those are Changmin’s ears!”

Oh, if only Changmin was here now! Kyuhyun would have about it to no end! Just like he did in the past. He had been fond of pulling Changmin’s sticking out ears, much to the annoyance of the DBSK maknae. He had even dubbed Changmin’s ears as “Dumbo ears”. Changmin would retort that his ears weren’t as big as the ears of Disney’s flying elephant, and Kyuhyun would agree… and say that Changmin’s ears were even bigger. Lol.

Kyuhyun now very gently tugged at one of Minhyun’s ears in nostalgia, making Minhyun yawn sleepily up at him.

“Now, Kyuhyun,” Hankyung chided a bit. “It’s not nice to tease your own son.” The smirk that he had been suppressing won its battle, though, and was now quite obvious on his face.

“But just look at those ears, hyung!” Kyuhyun said again, laughing.

Eventually, Kyuhyun regained his strength and was eventually pronounced by the doctor well enough to go back home. The discharging process went well… until the time for the doctor to remove the needle from Kyuhyun’s hand.

Which caused Kyuhyun to freak out.

Which caused Minhyun to bawl his lungs out.

Needless to say, the discharging process didn’t go as peaceful as hoped.

Even less peaceful than that was Hankyung’s life when Kyuhyun and Minhyun came home.

And when, about a month later, Kyuhyun and Minhyun returned to the clinic for a final check-up before they moved to the small town and live in incognito, the events were even worse.

Crazier.

And nearly cost Hankyung’s uncle a lot of patients.

That check-up started normally. Well, to be more accurate, it was the normal level of terrible that it usually was when Kyuhyun’s there for a check-up. The usual screaming, threatening, and general freaking out.

And it got worse when it was Minhyun’s turn to be examined by the doctor. Kyuhyun was even worse when it was his precious baby being subjected to evil medical stuff. He freaked out every time the doctor tried to perform some kind of test on him, even basic ones such as taking Minhyun’s tempe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter