6

Defending

8l2p9t

 

 

Junhong rushed around his house as fast as he could making sure everything was spotless, after explaining gently to his mom that he was having some people over to work on a project she had promised not to call him for anything. His dad was probably out drinking, so Junhong knew he had at least five hours to work on the project before al hell would break lose. Gathering drinks he settled pop, tea and coffee on the table and took a deep breath standing there anxiously waiting for the boys to arrive.

 

"You're lucky we were able to get this time off, don't waste it." Yongguk murmured as they paused outside Junhong's house, the house was beautiful and they couldn't wait to meet Junhong's parents.

"I hope their nice like Junhong." Jongup murmured raising his hand to knock, the boy inside almost jumped in shock before hurrying to the door and opening it standing there nervously.

"Hipleasecomein." the others just stared at him because he talked too fast but Jongup grinned heading inside the others following looking around curiously.

"Relax..Junnie, lets start." Jongup said softly, Junhong nodded pouring drinks for everyone. The two youngest started working while the others settled down to watch tv or work on their own homework.

"Hyung I'm hungry." Youngjae said softly, Junhong overheard him and his eyes widened quickly standing fiddling with his shirt nervously.

"I..I uh couldmakesomethingifyoulike." Junhong didn't wait for a response as he rushed to the kitchen quickly going through the cupboards biting his lip when he didn't see anything. Finally opening the refrigerator he sighed in relief spotting the food his mom had actually made the night before.

 

"It's surprising that he's not even calm here." Himchan murmured, he glanced over to see Jongup writing quickly as he kept glancing at the door to make sure Junhong wasn't coming back.

"There has to be something going on." Yongguk murmured, Junhong came back with a tray full of food. The boys smiled in delight and they all dug in, Daehyun watched curiously as Junhong waited until they had all started eating before making a plate for himself which contained a lot less food than they were eating.

"Do you not feel good Junnie?" Jongup asked concerned placing his hand on the younger boys forehead. Junhong blinked at him surprised but shook his head in response his mouth full of food. As they continued to eat in silence they heard footsteps out side and then keys jingling while someone laughed hysterically stumbling into the door.

"." Junhong gasped, they all stared at him shocked. Himchan almost choking on his food, he was about to scold him when he saw how pale the younger boys face had gotten and that his hands were shaking. "come with me now."

 

They quickly got up without a sound, the fact that Junhong was deadly calm made them move without question. Junhong quickly went upstairs staying as quiet as possible so as not to wake his mom. They all settled in what they assumed was his room, surprised at how spacious it was, Junhong took a deep breath biting his lip as he turned to face them.

 

"You have to stay here and not come out."Junhong said softly, the others started protesting not wanting to leave the younger boy to whatever awaited him. "Please you have to promise me please." he begged inching towards the door waiting until Yongguk gave a slight nod he darted back down the stairs as his dad finally got into the house stumbling around.

"How could you agree to that hyung?!?" Jongup demanded staring after Junhong even after the door shut, the others were wondering the same thing but had kept their mouths shut trusting the oldest boys judgment.

"Uppie, you said that he wanted you to come here because his dad doesn't want him to go anywhere, I doubt his dad will do anything to him if he thinks we're still here. Junhong is probably making us hide until he gets his dad calm." Yongguk explained he was trying to keep the younger boy calm but he was deeply concerned as well.

 

"JUNHONG!" Junhong stared at his dad wide eyed as the taller man swayed back and forth, he was praying that nothing would happen.

"Dad, why don't you sit down." Junhong murmured gently taking his arm guiding him to the couch, the key was not to show fear it was like his dad could smell it.

"Go get me a beer." he ordered, Junhong hurried away, spotting the last bottle he gulped and hurried back into the living room quietly handing him the bottle.

"Dad…that's the last one, I'm going to go upstairs and change." he said softly, his dad nodded vaguely not really hearing him. Junhong quickly the tv to distract his dad and grabbed up all the other boys shoes before darting upstairs.

"Are you okay?!" Jongup asked anxiously when Junhong walked in carrying their things, the younger boy leaned back against the door breathing heavily.

"We have to go now." he said softly setting down their things. "quickly please." without question the five boys started pulling on their shoes while Junhong stood by the door keeping watch.

"Ready." Yongguk said softly, Junhong nodded and hurried to the window sliding it open and glancing back at them.

"Anyone afraid of heights?" they shook their heads and he sighed in relief motioning them over. "You have to go down the pipe."

"." Himchan breathed, Yongguk hit him lightly. Jongup went down first soon the others were down as well except for Yongguk and Junhong.

 

"JUNHONG!" Junhong groaned in disbelief hearing his dad coming up the stairs, there was no place to hide the older boy and they didn't have time to get out the window.

"Sorry." Junhong said softly shoving the startled boy onto his bed before climbing on top of him, Yongguk laid there confused. Junhong pulled the blankets over their heads.

 

"God damn disgrace, disgusting, how can you be my son, your worthless, I only do this for your own good." Mr. Choi blabbered, Junhong kept his face above Yongguk's hoping to hide the older boy as best as he could. Yongguk stared right back into the younger boys eyes seeing the terror there but also defeat. When the first whip struck Junhong jerked biting his lip hard to stop the cry knowing that if he made a noise it would just make him angrier. After a few more hits Junhong dropped his head pressing his face into his pillow muffling his cries, Yongguk turned his head slightly brushing his lips against the younger boys neck trying to keep him calm his own hands fisted in the younger boys shirt preventing him from jerking too much knowing that probably made the pain worse. Finally his dad stumbled from the room, Yongguk waited for a minute before whipping the blankets off he tried to shift Junhong off him but he just cried out in pain breathing heavily.

 

"Hold on Junhong." Yongguk soothed finally getting up, he hurried to the window where the others were waiting anxiously. "Chan…get the car ready NOW." Himchan nodded hurrying off, Jongup sensing something wasn't right started climbing up the pipe again pausing halfway as Yongguk swung out onto the pipe with Junhong on his back. Jongup held one hand up keeping Junhong steady as they climbed down.

"What happened?" Daehyun demanded, Yongguk shifted Junhong slightly but the boy didn't even make a sound, Himchan beeped and they ran to the car.

"Youngjae grab the towels from the back and wet them with the water bottles quickly." Yongguk ordered, Youngjae scrambled into the back seat as he was told. Junhong was slumped against Yongguk, the older boy slowly pulled off Junhong's shirt relieved that it hadn't dried to his back from the blood.

"." himchan exclaimed jerking the wheel when he started going into the wrong lane at the sight of Junhong's back.