1

Defending

tumblr_mbuzkmpuNM1qjudfbo1_500.jpg

 

tumblr_maszx91zVc1qffen5o1_500.gif

 

 

Zelo had been at his new school for a month already and it was jus like his old school, being made fun of because of his height and also struggling to keep his bruises covered. Zelo had noticed the group of five boys almost immediately, he was jealous of how the boys got along and how they obviously cared about each other and wished that someone cared about him like that. Zelo was unaware that the boys had also noticed him especially Yongguk, he had instantly seen the tall boy knowing that he was new and had watched him closely the first few days he had been there. Jongup kept to himself mostly, even though the others were at the school as well he preferred to be alone, since the others were considered popular they always were the center of attention and he didn't like that. Jongup had talked a few times to Zelo since they had some classes together but he wouldn't consider them friends, until one day an incident would bring them all together.

 

"Here we go again." Himchan murmured nudging Yongguk gently, the older boy looked over and sighed singing the bullies heading straight towards the tall new boy they had noticed.

"I've realized he never defends himself." Yongguk said softly, Daehyun and Youngjae walked over holding hands ignoring the looks they still got and followed the gaze of the older two sighing.

"I've never heard him speak, we're in gym together and he never ever talks." Youngjae announced drawing the others attention to him as he spoke.

"really, that’s strange." Daehyun murmured, they were about to walk away and find Jongup before they heard a cry from behind them and turned back eyes widening at the scene in front of them.

"What the." Himchan gasped, Jongup was surrounded by four older boys who they recognized as the meanest kids in school.

"..what the heck did he do?" Yongguk exclaimed bewildered, Jongup was shy and everyone seemed to love him.

"Shouldn't we do something?" Daehyun asked anxiously, he remembered that their CEO was counting on them to make sure that Jongup was safe and okay because Jongup's his nephew.

 

As Himchan made a move towards the group of boys, Yongguk caught his arm stopping him and pointing to a tall figure who had appeared suddenly. They watched as the boy forced his way between the others and positioned himself in front of Jongup an annoyed look on his face. Jongup's eyes widened in surprise, usually the bullies left him alone and never bothered him when others were around, he was completely thrown off guard when Zelo stepped in front of him. Eunhae smirked at the younger boy, his friends who were also bullies had told him about this kid and how he never fought back and just took their beatings. BY the look on Jongup's face he was also surprised at the younger boy stepping in and Eunhae used it to his advantage reaching his hand out to grab Jongup's arm he was shocked when Zelo caught his hand in a firm grip preventing him.

 

"What are you doing?" Eunhae demanded coldly, Zelo dropped his arm and stood there glaring at the older boy making sure hat he was in front of Jongup and blocking the other boys reach.
"What are you doing?" Jongup demanded softly tugging the back of Zelo's shirt, Zelo ignored him still staring at the other boy, Jongup noticed a mark on Zelo's wrist and slowly pushed at his sleeve.

"Yah! Answer me!" Eunhae ordered lunging at Zelo angrily, Zelo pushed Jongup out of the way just as he was slammed into the lockers.

'Jongup!" Himchan called out hurrying over, Jongup ignored him as he lunged at Eunhae they both fell to he floor. Jongup might be small but he was very strong. Zelo's eyes widened in surprise, it as the first time someone had tried to defend him even though it was useless.

"omg." Youngjae breathed in disbelief, they could at the young boy who quickly moved forward snatching Jongup by his shirt and lifting him up and away from Eunhae. Zelo him towards Himchan who quickly wrapped his arms around the smaller boy to prevent him from doing anything stupid.

"We'll finish this later." Eunhae growled, his friends helped him up and they left quickly. Everyone in the hallway started talking, it was the first time that Eunhae had ever backed down from a fight. Zelo looked around shifting uncomfortably under the attention and quickly grabbed his back pack and turned to hurry away but was met with the five boys blocking his way and he gulped.

"Are you alright?" Jongup asked frantically when he finally got free of Himchan moving towards Zelo, the younger boy nodded quickly glancing down the hallway trying to escape.

 

 

Not having anything else to say they watched as Zelo bowed quickly and moved down the hallway, the five boys staring after him with different reactions. Himchan was grateful because he had helped Jongup, Daehyun and Youngjae were worried hat he was going to cause problems for jongup, Yongguk wasn't sure how to feel about the boy but he was thankful that Jongup seemed to have a friend. Jongup was worried, he had seen the marks on the younger boys wrist and knew that they were not caused by Eunhae. Feeling a tug on his arm he glanced at Himchan and bit his lip seeing the look on the older boys face that screamed for an explanation, pouting because it was the end of the day Jongup let the older boy drag him out of the school. As they were walking Jongup spotted Zelo walking down the street, dragging his feet his shoulders hunched as if he was bearing the weight of the world.

 

"yah…answer me, are you being bullied?!" Himchan demanded shaking his arm gently, Jongup turned to look at him blinking in surprise.

'Huh? No I just um got in the way." he lied, Daehyun snorted in disbelief and Jongup turned glaring at him.

"Hmm we'll talk about it later, lets get to practice." Yongguk ordered ushering them past Zelo who had paused and was leaning against the building texting someone. Zelo watched them hurrying away and a small smile formed, he was glad that Jongup was okay