11.

Defending

"JUNHONG!" Junhong sighed rubbing his face glad for the few hours of sleep he had gotten before his dad showed up.

"coming." Junhong replied, he got up and slowly headed to the door making sure that the contract Yongguk had given him was well hidden and went downstairs.

"Where the hell have you been?!" his dad roared, Junhong sighed when he smelled the alcohol on his dads breath. Taking his arm gently he guided him to the couch and helped him sit down.

"I had to do my group project remember? I talked to you about it and i couldn't bring them here because mom wasn't feeling well." Junhong lied hoping that his dad would believe him since he was usually so drunk he couldn't remember stuff anyways.

"ah, that's right.. well don't let it happen again." He warned, Junhong nodded in agreement and headed off to the kitchen to reheat the dinner he had seen from earlier and grabbed another beer before going back to his dad.

"Here dad, I'm gonna go to the store real fast and by more for you okay." Junhong said gently, his dad eyed him up and down before reaching into his wallet and handing him some money.

"Here, get something for you and your mom." Junhong tried not to show his surprise and took the money from his dad, when his dad acted nice like this it made him overlook all the bad things that he did.

 

Heading upstairs to grab his jacket he also took the contract and put it in his pocket, he didn't know why but for some reason a voice in his head told him to grab it. Hurrying out the door he crept passed his dad who had already passed out sighing in relief when he didn't stir, even though he was acting nice at the moment he didn't want to wake him up on accident. Meanwhile at the dance studio Jongup was dancing his little heart out trying to stay occupied so that he wouldn't think about the younger boy it brought up too many bad memories. Himchan walked into the room and paused by the door watching the younger boy, he tried not to have dirty thoughts about the younger boy but it was hard with him standing there all sweaty. Sighing he took a deep breath and walked over to Jongup and shut off the music, Jongup had been so into the dance he stopped in confusion and looked around smiling slightly when he saw Himchan.

 

"Hyung..what's up?" he asked curiously, Himchan tried not to roll his eyes handing the smaller boy a towel.

"You do realize that you were supposed to be back at the dorm like two hours ago right." he scolded, Jongup blinked at him surprised and looked around for his phone. Picking it up he groaned when he saw the fifteen missed calls and over 40 text messages from the other guys.

"Sorry I was just so into dancing." Jongup mumbled quickly wiping his face and arms grimacing at how damp the towel had gotten just from that.

"I'm not upset..we were just worried that something had happened, come on we should go so that they don't worry anymore and on the way home we can grab some ice cream." Himchan announced picking up Jongup's backpack and sweater.

"Sounds good." jongup replied a huge grin on his face, he loved ice cream. Himchan rolled his eyes wrapping his free arm around the younger boys shoulder and they headed off. Jongup couldn't decide him his face was getting hot because of the dancing or because of how close Himchan was.

 

"d..ugh." Junhong groaned not expecting the puch to the face he received the minute he walked back into the house.

"Where the were you?!" his dad demanded, Junhong groaned bringing up his hand to wipe at his face grimacing at the blood that was now on the back of his hand.

"Y..you gave m..m" Junhong stuttered, he was so surprised which he wasn't sure why because this usually happened but he had been hoping his dad's good attitude would last at least until tomorrow.

"You stole money?!? is that what your saying?!?" Junhong gulped nervously shaking his head frantically, he backed up towards the door as his dad followed him to Junhong his eyes looked soulless.

"no dad I." Junhong groaned in agony when his dad slammed him against the door arm underneath his throat pressing him there. Junhong choked trying to claw at his arm but his dad was already strong sober but he was even stronger drunk.

"All the stuff I do and this is how you repay me...by stealing from me?" Junhong flinched trying to speak but he could barely get any air in, he gasped for air when his dad finally stepped back just in time Junhong thought, he was starting to see black spots before his eyes.

"if you thought that was painful, you just wait." Junhong screamed as his dad smashed their small glass table over his head the glass shattering everywhere, Junhong sprawled out on the floor due to the impact.

"Stop please stop." Junhong sobbed trying to stand up, he heard a gasp from the stairway and looked up seeing his mom standing there with wide eyes, he gulped and finally stood struggling to make his way over to her. 'I have to protect her' was his only thought.

"What are you doing?" she demanded glaring at her husband, it was a rare night that she was feeling fully lucid and when hearing her son's screams had gone downstairs to make sure he was alright.

"go back upstairs, Mina this doesn't concern you." She just glared at her husband and turned to Junhong he was barely able to stand on his feet, blood was getting in his eyes and she took his hand gently.

"my baby, I'm so sorry." she whispered watching him flinch at the contact she couldnt decide if it was from pain or the fact that she was touching him.

"mom please, I'm okay just go back upstairs." Junhong murmured, he would feel so guilty if soemthing happened to his mom because he couldn't protect her.

"you need to leave...you need to go to your friends, I know much more than you think...Zelo." She said softly, Junhong's eyes bulged in surprised hearing his stage name but Mina just smiled gently. "I love you so much but you need to leave and get away from here, he won't hurt me."

"i can't leave you." Junhong refused, Mina sighed pressing a gentle kiss to his cut cheek and pushed him gently to the door.

"please." she begged, junhong looked up at his dad to see him running towards him. Glancing one last time at his mom and dove for the door yanked it open and smacked right into someone who was about to knock on the door.

 

"Junhong!" Daehyun exclaimed, he had promised the others that he would go and check on the younger boy on his way back from running some errands.  

"help." Junhong gasped, Daehyun caught the younger boy as he collapsed wincing at all the cuts on his face. He looked up just in time to see Junhong's dad with a gun, he moved as fast as he could to his car cursing at how tall the younger boy was, once he got Junhong settled he quickly got in and sped off glancing in the mirror to make sure they were safe.