5

Defending

7f8c5811dbba923eba2fc1bd8ffffce0.jpg

 

 

"Junhong…you're really good at rapping." Yongguk said grinning widely, the younger boy stared at him blushing slightly quickly lowering his head he wasn't used to that kind of praise.

"Thank you." he said softly, Yongguk was pleased with the younger boys response happy that he had responded to him.

"Have you ever thought of joining an agency?" Jongup asked curiously, Junhong quickly shook his head grabbing his dishes when he finished eating, he stood and held out his hands for the others plates.

"Oh you don't have to." Daehyun exclaimed moving to get up as well but the look on Junhong's face stopped him as they all handed him the dishes and he went off to the sink in the corner washing everything methodically.

"He's a good kid." Himchan murmured getting up and walking towards Junhong pausing when the boys phone went off again, he was about to answer it when Junhong quickly took the phone answering it.

 

"Yes…I'll be right home…please…don't…don't cry." Junhong said softly drying the dishes quickly as he piled them up on the counter. They watched as he grabbed his backpack bowing to them before he ran from the room almost stumbling up the stairs in his haste.

"I want to run something past you guys." Yongguk announced suddenly once the younger boy was out of the building he didn't want to risk him coming back inside and hearing what he was going to say.

"What's up?" Himchan asked curiously, since they were hoping to debut soon it seemed serious since Yongguk seemed to want all of their opinions.
"i know there are a lot of idol groups out right now that have five members but don't you think someone will feel left out..I was thinking of adding another member..another rapper." he said softly, the suggestion was met with silence and then the others all grinned they should have known.

"That's why you wanted to go to the club the other night, you knew someone was performing..did you know that it would be junhong?" Himchan asked curiously, Yongguk shook his head stretching throwing his arm around the slightly younger guy.

"no but I had heard rumors about a new rapper, I just had a feeling it would be him. How do yu guys feel about adding him to the group?" he asked, their opinions were important and if any of them protested then that would be the end of it and he wouldn't bring it up again.

"I'm cool with it." Daehyun announced the others nodding in agreement, Youngjae being the one to agree almost instantly. He had a feeling that whatever was going on with Junhong it was something at home, if he got away hopefully everything would be better.

 

"Where the hell have you been?" Junhong flinched at his dad's question. Taking a deep breath he turned to look at the man he hated.

"I..I have a project at school." Junhong replied keeping his eyes on the floor, his dad paused not really having anything to say, he knew that he couldn't stop Junhong from doing school projects because it would raise suspicion.

"Next time..do the project here." he ordered, junhong looked at him surprised but nodded quickly before hurrying upstairs to his mom.

"Junnie?" she called out, taking a deep breath Junhong walked into her bedroom, sometimes he hated her more than his dad. He could handle the physical abuse it was the mental/emotional abuse that he wasn't sure he could handle anymore.

 

 

The next day was a tough day for everyone, Junhong had missed the bus so he ended up having to walk to school which caused him to be two hours late and in a lot of pain. Jongup couldn't help but be anxious until he finally saw the younger boy walk in with a pale face and shaky hands as he held out a slip to the teacher, she smiled slightly and he moved to his chair. Junhong avoided looking at Jongup, he had tried hard to cover up the new bruises that he had gotten but you could see some on his neck and his split lip sure didn't help matters. Jongup sighed pouting he wanted to get the younger boy to open up to him but since he was kind of shy as well he wasn't sure how to start the conversation. Finally the teacher gave them time to work on their project.

 

"j..jongup hyung." Junhong said softly, Jongup turned to him surprised but a small smile on his face he didn't want to appear to happy that the younger had talked to him first.

"Yes what is it?" Jongup replied scooting his chair closer, noticing how Junhong flinched back slightly but didn't move away completely.

"Do you think we could do the project at my house….my dad doesn't like me to go other places." Junhong explained softly, Jongup nodded making sure to remember that little piece of information.

"Sure would it be okay if my hyung's came along as well, they don't really like me going somewhere that I haven't been before without them." Jongup explained, Junhong nodded slightly he knew that the older boy was curious about him and didn't blame him for not wanting to come alone especially in the condition he was in right now.

"That.'s fine." Junhong murmured, before turning back to the questions on his paper that he was supposed to ask the older boy. They progressed fairly well only talking when needed, when the bell rang signaling lunch time Jongup jumped up stopping the taller boy from going out of the class.

"Sit with me today, please." Jongup said softly, Junhong bit his lip wincing at the pain and his lips slowly before nodding his head slightly in agreement causing Jongup to grin widely in happiness. Jongup grabbed Junhong's hand ignoring the way he tensed and pulled him from the room towards the cafeteria before he could change his mind.

 

 

"Where's Uppie…oh wait there he is." Himchan said grinning, surprise in his eyes when he spotted the taller boy who looked like he would rather be anywhere but there.

"Hyung is it okay if Junnie sits with us?" Jongup asked brightly, Junhong looked at him surprised at the nickname his cheeks turning pink causing Himchan to coo in delight and pulled the younger boy down beside him.

"Your so cute!!" He gushed, Junhong's face turned even redder and he tried to get away from Himchan who kept his arm around his waist keeping him close. Jongup giggled happy that his favorite hyung was trying to be nice to Junhong.

"how old are you Junhong?" Daehyun asked curiously, hey knew he was younger than Jongup but they weren't sure of how many year difference.

"I'm fifteen." he said softly glancing at the older boy nervously, Daehyun nodded a huge grin on his face.

"Well, we haven't really introduced ourselves. I’m Daehyun, that's Youngjae that's Himchan and Yongguk is walking over here. You can just call us hyung." Junhong felt a small smile form on his face and tried to hide it but he nodded, maybe his dad was wrong maybe he could have friends.

"here." Junhong almost jumped out of the seat when he heard he deep voice behind him and turned looking up and seeing Yongguk holding out a tray to him, Junhong took it bowing slightly staring at the food in surprise. "go on."

"oh uh um thank you." Junhong stammered starting to eat quickly, the others watched him wide eyed as the tall boy devoured his food, Junhon looked up and slowed down when he saw them staring at him.

"Would you like some more?" Yongguk asked curiously, Junhong shook his head quickly looking down at his plate embarrassed, Yongguk sighed taking his plate and splitting his food with the younger boy.

 

 

"We'll have to keep a close on this one Gukkie." Himchan stated softly as he watched Jongup drag the taller boy away, Yongguk nodded a small smile on his face at the words he had said about Jongup.