10

Defending

 

Image result for yongguk and zelo              Image result for himchan jongup   

 

 

 

 

 

 

""have you heard anything from Junhong?" Yongguk asked softly, it had been over a week since the incident and they hadn't seen the youngest boy at school or at the club where Yongguk had gone many times to see him perform but he wasn't there.

"no, he came to school yesterday but he skipped the class that i have with him.' Jongup sighed rubbing his face, they had to still work on their project but he was struggling since the younger boy wasn't there.

"Why don't we go visit him today?" Himchan suggested, the others all nodded in agreement, Jongup sighed in relief he couldn't help but feel anxious probably because of his own background.

 

Junhong sighed rubbing his face, his dad thankfully had been gone for the past week so he had to stay home and watch his mom. She had been on edge lately, he had caught her trying to sneak out to look for his dad, grabbing some cherry tomatoes he opened his front door only to stop in shock at the group that was standing on his porch. Yongguk who was about to knock on the door stared back at Junhong wide eyed, knowing what the younger boy was about to do, Himchan pushed from the back of the group making everyone stumble forward and into the house before Junhong could protest.

 

"What..what are you doing here?" Junhong demanded stumbling back into the kitchen looking around anxiously.

"Jonguppie...he was worried about you." yongguk explained, Jongup bit his lip and smiled nervously. Junhong blinked in surprise before letting a small smile form on his face.

 

"oh well um, thanks for your concern um Jonguppie hyung but uh I'm just fine." Junhong said the smile on his face looked pained and it didn't reach his eyes.

"Why haven't you been in school?" Youngjae asked settling down on the couch when Junhong realized they weren't going to leave and motioned them to sit down. Junhong tensed at the question, the others waited patiently as he struggled to figure out what he was going to say.

"Um well my mom is really sick..and dad works all the time...so I." Junhong mumbled the rest which the others didn't catch.

"say that again Junhong." Yongguk said gently, he had a feeling he knew where this was going to go. "dropped out." Junhong breathed.

"Aigoo." Daehyun sighed shaking his head, Jongup sighed knowing how hare this was for the younger boy. School was probably his only escape from his horrible home life and he knew the feeling all too well. 

 

"Junnie!" Junhong's eyes widened and he jumped up, he looked around anxiously trying to figure out where he could hide the others when the call came again. "Yes mama coming!" Casting one last glance at the five boys he darted upstairs before his mom could go looking for him.

'lets see what he has to eat.' Daehyun suggested rubbing his hands together, he yelped when Youngjae slapped him on the back of the head who shook his head.

'can't you not think about food for like five minutes." youngjae demanded with a small smile on his face, Daehyun pouted but settled back down on the couch as they waited for Junhong to return.

 

When Junhong returned he went straight to the kitchen, they could hear him moving around and dishes knocking together. He returned a few minutes later carrying a tray with drinks and some snacks setting them down on the small table in the middle of the room. Daehyun smiled happily and junhong smiled to himself, he wouldn't admit it but he was glad to see the others. Yongguk kept watching the younger boy, he knew that if he just pushed him a little more he could get Junhong to agree to join the group he just had to be gentle about it. They stayed a while longer before heading back to their company to continue training, Jongup seemed exhausted after their visit with the younger boy and Himchan tried to keep his spirits up but the young boy wasn't having it.

 

"mama, are you okay?" Junhong asked gently, these past few days his mom had seemed pretty lucid which was shocking but he was happy that he could have a normal conversation with her it was something he had missed greatly.

"Junhong-ah..those boys, they would take good care of you?" she asked softly, Junhong looked at her confused trying to think of who she was talking about and then smiled slightly.

"I believe so, their really nice especially Yongukkie hyung." Junhong replied, Minah stared at him closely and nodded to herself, he watched as she got up and went upstairs after a few minutes she returned with a folder and a small bag.

"You need to go..before your dad gets back." Minah announced, Junhong stared at her confused shaking his head. Minah stared at him narrowing her eyes "Listen to me, I don't want you here."

"mom..what..what do you mean?" Junhong asked confused, he yelped when his mom shoved him towards the front door grabbing his arm tightly to stop in front of the mirror that hung there.

"Leave..its only going to get worse..I can't can't take it anymore knowing that your suffering." She said softly her grip lessening slightly "look at yourself..do you want this to continue?"

"No..but mom I..I can't leave you." Junhong said softly, Minah smiled gently reaching up to his cheek her fingers trembling slightly.

"don't worry, I'll leave as soon as I can." She lied, Junhong still hesitated "if you do not leave..I'll do something that we will both regret."

 

"Great job guys, I'll run out and grab food and we'll take an hour break." Minhyung announced, Yongguk and others flopped down in relief breathing heavily. Jongup layed down leaning against Himchan's shoulder yawning, Himchan smiled gently running his fingers through the younger boys sweaty hair.

"j.Junhong?" Yongguk said surprised standing quickly, the others looked up surprised as well and sure enough the young boy was standing in the doorway. Yongguk made his way to the door seeing the exhausted look in Junhong's eyes

"hyung." Junhong mumbled, surprising everyong when he threw his arms around the older boy and pressed his face into his chest. Yongguk guided him into the room walking backwards as he held onto the younger boy who was trembling violently.

"shh, your okay." Yongguk soothed sliding down the wall pulling Junhong onto his lap, Junhong kept his face hidden from the others sensing that they were hovering over him but he clung tightly to Yongguk. Jongup stared at them worried, Himchan smiled gently keeping a firm grip on the younger boy when he tried to go over to them.