4

Defending

tumblr_msmhjyb30I1qcca7po1_500.gif

 

tumblr_mzscgtTiuf1sg5ebzo2_r1_500.gif

 

JongUp67_zpse9927885.jpg~c200

 

Himchan-Daehyun-kiba16-33724532-612-612.

 

"What's wrong with Youngjae?" Himchan asked Daehyun concerned, the younger of three had not spoken since they had left school and arrived at their dance studio.

"I'm not sure, he forgot something from gym so he had hurried back and I waited for him outside the showers when he ran out his face was super pale and he was trembling." Daehyun replied shrugging his shoulders, they were waiting for Jongup and Yongguk to arrive.

"Jae…are you sure you're alright?" Himchan asked again, Youngjae opened his mouth to say something but Jongup and Yongguk burst into the room laughing softly. Himchan felt slightly jealous that Yongguk had his arm around the younger boy smiling.

"What's wrong?" Yongguk asked immediately he could sense that something was wrong, that's why he was considered the leader not just because he was the oldest.

"Youngjae's acting weird." Himchan replied shrugging his shoulders, Yongguk walked over to the younger boy wrapping his arm around his shoulder surprised to see that he had tears in his eyes. As he was about o say something there was a tentative knock on the door and a head slowly peered in causing everyone but Yongguk and Jongup to stare in surprise.

 

**earlier**

 

 

"Junhong, do you want to come to our practice room and we can work on the project. I'm not sure when I'll be able to meet since we practice so much but maybe we can get a head start." Jongup explained, he had cornered the younger boy during lunch before he could escape.

"…ok." junhong whispered keeping his head down, Jongup smiled in relief and quickly wrote down directions handing him the paper, he had also written down his number in case he got lost.

"If you get lost just text me or call me okay…be there by three and we can grab dinner afterwards as well." Jongup announced, Junhong quickly shoved the paper into his pocket before hurrying away.

 

**

 

"Oh Junhong! You made it!" Jongup exclaimed happily hurrying over to the door, Yongguk saw Youngjae's eyes widen and the boy quickly wiped at his eyes taking a deep breath.

"Don't think this is the end of it." Yongguk warned shaking his head as Youngjae hurried away back to Daehyun snuggling against his side.

"You are so adorable." Himchan gushed grabbing Junhong's hand, the younger boy flinched pulling his hand away before bowing his head in apology. Yongguk noticed and remembered the other part of the project that Jongup was supposed to do and made a mental note about it.

"Come on, we can go over here while the others practice for a little while." Jongup announced, he wanted to reach out and grab the younger boys hand but he didn't want to scare him so he just motioned for him to follow.

"Alright spill." Yongguk ordered once the two youngest boys were on the other side of the room and couldn't hear them, Youngjae gulped glancing back at Junhong who at the time glanced at him at the same time. The younger boys eyes widened as he saw the look in the older boys eyes and realized that the older boy must have seen his back at some point during gym and quickly shook his head.

"It..it's nothing I just saw something in the showers that was surprising." Youngjae lied, Daehyun rolled his eyes knowing that the younger boy was lying immediately but the two oldest seemed satisfied at least for the moment.

 

 

Halfway through the questions Junhong's phone started going off, Jongup looked up expecting the younger boy to answer it. Junhong took a deep breath glancing at the caller id and saw it was his dad, his finger trembling he quickly swiped decline before putting his phone back in his bag knowing that he would be in a lot of trouble later. Jongup made a mental note to put that down, it was clear that Junhong was afraid of something/someone. About an hour later Yongguk called for them to take a break and the three who had been practicing flopped to the ground breathing heavily. Youngjae slowly got up and grabbed his wallet before making a beeline for the two younger boys, Junhong glanced up and seeing the determination on the smaller boys face he got up.

 

"We'll go get dinner!" Youngjae announced to the surprised group, Yongguk nodded giving permission and the two left, Jongup quickly got out the sheet of paper and approached the oldest boy.

"Hyung we should start filling it out since he's not here." He suggested, the two others looked at them curiously and moved closer to see the paper.

"your right, well I'll write down what I've seen and you write down what you've noticed alright." Yongguk announced, they got to writing and Himchan sighed nodding when he realized what was going on.

"So the teacher thinks something is off as well huh." he stated, jongup nodded.

 

 

"So what happened?" Youngjae asked curiously, they had been walking in relative silence to the restaurant when Youngjae finally broke the silence.
"n.no..nothing." Junhong stammered his hands into his pockets as he stared at the ground. Youngjae sighed shaking his head and stopped walking waiting for the younger boy to pause as well. Junhong almost ran into the older boy but stopped just in time.

"Look I know that something is up so why don't you just say what happened, I won't tell the others." Youngjae encouraged, Junhong just stared at him he didn’t really understand that what had happened was wrong, his dad was just teaching him how to behave and correcting his behavior.

"What did you see?" Junhong asked softly as he continued walking, it took Youngjae a minute to respond when he realized the younger boy had spoken loudly and without stuttering.

"Well, when I went back into the showers because I forgot something I saw your back and the marks and the blood." Youngjae said softly so that others wouldn't overhear them as they walked past.

"Ah…it was worse than it looked." Junhong lied opening the door to the restaurant for the older boy, Youngjae rolled his eyes wanting to ask more but they had to pick up the food and hurry back before the others got mad.

"You know that whatever is happening to you is not okay, if you ever need to t talk to someone or to get away just find one of us we'll help you." Youngjae said softly as they headed back holding the bags of food, Junhong took a deep breath trying to ignore the words that made his heart beat faster with hope because eh knew it was only lies he could only trust his dad.