.. .

CAN YOU LOVE ME INSTEAD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m a vampire. And I need you.” Joshua said out of the blue. When Jeonghan heard those words it feels like it steal all the words that he needs to say.

‘A vampire?’ Jeonghan asked himself. ‘How the hell he is a vampire? Is he a nutcase? Oh dear, what have I put myself into?’ Jeonghan felt scared to Joshua for a while until he speak again.

“I know it is hard to believe, but I need you Jeonghan.” The look in Joshua’s eyes makes Jeonghan believe what he is saying. He is loss of words and doesn’t know what to react by what he is saying.

Jeonghan fake a laugh. “Cut it Joshua. Why did I ever done to you for you to fool me like this?”

“I’m not faking anything or playing with you. I’m serious Jeonghan.” Joshua stood up from his seat and walk towards Jeongan. He kneeled down so they will be facing each other. “Just trust me.”

“W-why would I? I barely know you.”

“But I do.” Joshua reach his hand to hold Jeonghan’s face gently. Jeonghan wanted to back down, wanted to run but his body was betraying him and all he manage to do was to let Joshua placed his hands to his face. He won’t admit it but the way Joshua’s hands touches his skin was so gentle and caring.

“Believe me.” Joshua lean forward so their foreheads would touch. The brunette closed his eyes while Jeonghan was so busy trying to calm his wild beating heart, afraid that Joshua might hear it and mistake it to something he really doesn’t feel.

Joshua looked at Jeonghan’s eyes while their foreheads still touching. They are so close with each other that with a single move their lips would touch. Jeonghan is a boy and he has his full pride on it, he is straight because he is born a boy and so he will die a man. But why is he letting Joshua do this kind of things to him? Like he is a princess and Joshua is the prince, Jeonghan must be the one doing this kind of things to the girl he loves but then again he doesn’t have one. He expect to be the one taking care of his love but with Joshua the table easily turns.

“Jeonghan.” Jeonghan’s eyes widened as he watch how Joshua’s eyes turns to bright red. It’s so beautiful yet scary, how the hell Joshua managed to wear eye contacts so easily? Wait, who is he fooling? That ain’t no contact lens, that’s.. .that’s a vampire’s eyes.

“Do you believe me now?” Joshua asked while pulling away from Jeonghan who’s still in shock of what he saw. “I need you Jeonghan, you’re the only person who can help me.”

“Me? Why me? There’s a lot of pretty girls out there. You have the looks so that won’t be hard for you right?”

“But I don’t love them.”

Jeonghan was taken aback by Joshua’s words, how can he say such things so easily? Is he serious? Why is it him? Why does it has to be Jeonghan? “I can’t.. .I can’t.” Was his answer.

“But if I don’t have blood bounding with you then I will turn into ash.”

“Ash? Wait, I thought vampires are immortals and only live by blood.”

Joshua shook his head. “Those are only in the movies. Vampires are more than that. If a vampire turns into a pure blood without a partner, they will turn into ashes.” Jeonghan fake a laugh again, this time it sounded more of a nervous sigh.

“Partner? So what are you telling me? That you’re turning into a pure blood and you need me as your partner?”

“That’s right. Next week I’ll be 100 years old and that’s the time where I will turn into pure blood. Without a partner, I will turn into ash the moment the full moon show.”

Somehow, imagining Joshua turning into an ash made Jeonghan guilty, what if it he really turns into an ash and it’s because of him, his conscience won’t take that. He can’t live another day knowing that someone died because of him. And there’s a second thing he needs to be surprised for. “You’re 100 years old?”

“Indeed I am.” Joshua stood in front of Jeonghan. “I’ll give you time to think.”

 

 

 

 

Their conversation keeps on repeating in Jeonghan’s mind that he can’t barely take a sleep. It’s already 12 in the midnight yet he’s still wide awake, by this time he should be sound asleep and should be dreaming something not innocent. But here he is, thinking about Joshua. “Aurgh! This is so frustrating! What am I supposed to do?” Jeonghan held his hair and ruffles it while he is rolling in his bed.

The next day, Jeonghan’s eye bags seems to make him look like a zombie. He is walking in the corridor with students around him still gossip with the same news and keeps on giving him weird judging looks. Who cares about them? As if you would waste on carrying about them when a vampire confess to you and said that he will turn in to ash if they won’t do that blood bounding thing.

Jeonghan yawn in the class for the 7th time, he is leaning to his palm while looking at the field, not caring about what his teacher is teaching in front. Jeonghan’s eyes was about to fall when he heard some noise coming from the field, and when he turn his attention to where the noise was coming from, he saw Joshua lying in the dirty ground and his classmates helping him to stand.

That’s weird. Hoshi told him that Joshua was athletic and sporty, but he looks so weak and fragile right now, plus his skin looks paler than the other day.

“Jeonghan-ah.” The teacher calls him that caught his attention. “Sir?”

“Please read the next sentence.” Jeonghan scratch the back of his head because he’s not really listening to the discussion to he doesn’t have a clue where to start reading, but thanks to the heavens that Sungcheol was his seat mate, he pointed out the sentence he needs to read. “Thank you.” Was his silent gratitude.

 

 

 

 

The perfect word for Jeonghan’s life was ‘careless and free’. He left their house for such a young age since he can’t really stand his parents specially his mom, always treating him like some kind of girl when he has a *****. His parents cried when they finally agree on Jeonghan separating his house, it’s not like Jeonghan hate his parents, he is not just in to their kind of gig, like treating him like a princess when he is supposed to be the prince.

He is finally living a normal life, he had girlfriends, yes he will receive some teasing about his girly look but he learned how to deal with it and now, this Joshua here seems to have the whole capabili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter