.. .

CAN YOU LOVE ME INSTEAD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What happened to Wonwoo is a new revelation to the vampire and Guardian history. They never thought that a guardian could live once his master died or is it that the guardians who lost their masters just doesn’t chose to say anything and just chose to live in the dark bearing their sorrow for the loss of the most important person in their life alone?

Mingyu felt sorry for his hyung, he also is a witness how Wonwoo adored his master and how he wanted to protect him even his life is in the line. Even him would be tortured if the same thing happened to Joshua, he won’t take it and maybe he will take his own life just to be with his master’s side as well, what Wonwoo is carrying now, Mingyu doesn’t know it, but one thing he is sure. He is more than happy and relieved that Wonwoo is in his arms again, that the first man he loves is here in front of him.

Wonwoo’s tears doesn’t stop from falling, even though he is not making a sound, his tears is more than enough for Mingyu to feel his pain. “Hyung. Don’t cry, I’m here, I will never leave you. You can go to our house and live with me and master.”

Wonwoo pulled off the hug and gave Mingyu a look like he’s afraid of something. “No. I can’t”

“What? What do you mean can’t? I will never leave you again. Now that I found you.” Mingyu putted both his hand to Wonwoo’s shoulder. “I will never let you leave my sight again.” He continued. Wonwoo can see the sincerity in Mingyu’s words, the offer is tempting but it’s not easy. What Mingyu’s world right now is not his world anymore.

“No, you don’t understand. I can’t leave this place. I’ve been here for 10 years and after that I never once set my foot outside the gate. I can’t leave Mingyu-ah.”

“What do you mean you never left this place?”

Wonwoo got scared by Mingyu’s question. He stepped back and walk towards the railings. He cares his arms using his hands like he is warming up his body. He bit his lower lip trying to think of a possible way out of this conversation but he can’t think of anything. He wants to tell Mingyu the truth but at the same time he is afraid, afraid that the boy might not understand his situation and worst, finds him disgusting and unworthy of anything.

“Hyung.. .”

“Mingyu-ah. I can’t. I’m not a guardian anymore.”

“What do you mean not a guardian?”

How can he tell Mingyu about his situation? He is such a disgrace to their race, a guardian without his master and his wings is not even worthy to be called by that name. He knows of all the people how Mingyu adored him, how the lad looked at him with such amazement and adoration. How can someone like him be looked up by a guardian who got through the pure blood? In fact, Mingyu is way powerful and royal more than him. Even though he is older, he and his master didn’t overcome the pure blood ritual that all vampires and guardians are afraid to go through. Wonwoo wants to tell the truth but he can’t risk to let Mingyu down.

“I’m sorry.”

Mingyu got pissed. If his hyung can’t tell him the truth he wouldn’t be able to help him. Wonwoo doesn’t have a single clue what Mingyu felt for him and what suffering it brought the younger when he disappeared in their lives. He can’t no longer let that happen, if he needs to squeeze out the truth, then squeezing he will do.

Mingyu’s wings flew open. His black wings almost block the sun behind him. He flew just above Wonwoo who looked up to him with surprise in his eyes. “You don’t know how much I’ve suffered when you left hyung. I won’t let that happen again.” Wonwoo furrowed his brow, not getting what the younger is trying to tell.

Mingyu flew back to Wonwoo like a blink of an eye and before he knows it he is pinned in the wall with his hands above him, gripped tightly by Mingyu’s hands and his wings, jailing him and avoiding him from running away. “You leave me no choice hyung.” Mingyu said as he look at Wonwoo’s.

Wonwoo locked gaze with Mingyu. He doesn’t know what the younger would do, locking him with his wings like that until he saw Mingyu’s eyes turn blood red that’s when he realize what the younger is planning to do. “No! Mingyu please don’t do this.”

“I’m sorry.”

Mingyu closed his eyes as he slowly close the gap between them and as fast as Wonwoo could imagine, he felt the warm soft lips of the younger to his. The moment their lips touched, Mingyu’s eyes widened as he sees trains of memories that happened to Wonwoo after Gongchan died.

They parted lips with Mingyu chasing his breath like he just came into a marathon. He can’t believe he saw all those stuffs that happened to Wonwoo. He looked at his hyung with terrified eyes. “Hyung, how could-“

“I told you not to do it! Why did you do that?!”

“I just want to know the truth.”

“And now you know. Now you know how disgraceful I am. Are you happy now? Knowing that I’m not a guardian anymore.”

“No, don’t say that.”

“Yes I can.” Wonwoo stepped back until his back hits the walls again. He slid down and covered his eyes with his hands. “I don’t belong here or anywhere. Why didn’t I vanished along with master.”

Mingyu felt pity for his hyung. He thought that Wonwoo only turned human but no he’s not. He’s not a guardian anymore nor a human, he is just like an air in this world and he doesn’t belong to any. That’s why he locked himself here in this place, because he thought he doesn’t have a place in this world.

“Hyung.” Mingyu stepped towards Wonwoo and kneeled down in front of him. He slowly took Wonwoo’s hands out of his eyes so he can look at each other again. “You still have a place that you belong to.” Mingyu held Wonwoo’s hands and placed it into his heart. “Here. This is where you belong hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter