..

CAN YOU LOVE ME INSTEAD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the day, it’s the day where the moon will be in full glow, this is the time where Joshua should perform the blood bounding with Jeonghan, but it seems like he will not get what he want.

Joshua was in the shower while Jeonghan was in the kitchen packing their lunch for today’s class. Jeonghan was humming while preparing everything while Joshua was in the merge of controlling his body. Joshua’s back kissed the cold tiles, he is doing his best not to let out his voice and hissed in pain that’s killing him. He feels like his body will explode and he is sure that the ‘pure blood’ ritual is starting. “H-hah.. .” Joshua let out drop of blood in his mouth. “Tch.. .h-ha.. .ack.” He covered his mouth and kneeled to the ground, his knuckles turning white.

“Joshua?” Asked Jeonghan who’s standing outside the door. “Joshua?” The long haired boy called again. “Hurry up or we’ll be late!”

Joshua closed his eyes. “I’m.. .I’m. .ack.” Joshua once again blow droplets of blood that mixed to the water gathered in the tiles. In the other hand Jeonghan heard the weird noise Joshua produced and decided to walk near the bathroom door. “Joshua? Are you alright?” He asked.

“I’m fine.. .I’m fine.” Joshua reassured. “You sure?”

“Yah.”

If this thing continues, Joshua wouldn’t be able to hold back his self. What if something happened to Jeonghan during his transformation?

The two walked towards their school and while they are walking Jeonghan noticed the pale look of Joshua and how he hissed every now and then. “Joshua? Are you sure you’re fine?” he asked.

“Yah, don’t mind me.”

“That’s enough.” Jeonghan stopped and stood in front of Joshua to place his palm to his forehead. “You know that won’t be necessary.” Joshua said putting Jeonghan’s palm away. “Well what do we know? Maybe vampires to catch a cold.” They continue walking.

“By the way, I haven’t saw Mingyu this morning? Where is he?” This time it is Joshua’s turn to stop. How can he not remember about Mingyu? How can he not remember about his guardian? Yes that’s right, because he’s too busy thinking about Jeonghan, thinking about the blood bounding, but isn’t it too late to worry about it? After all Jeonghan will never accept the ritual, he will never let his life be trapped together with a vampire like him, and Jeonghan will never ever accept or love Joshua the way we wanted to.

Isn’t it too sad to end his story like this? And what about Mingyu? When Joshua’s older brother died he never once heard about his guardian. Is Wonwoo still alive? Did he survived after his master died? He can’t guess the right answer in his question but he is sure that if he died something bad might happen to his guardian.

Jeonghan saw how Joshua’s facial expression changed. Just this morning Joshua didn’t said a word and headed to the bath room the moment we wakes up, he heard something but he choose to ignore it since Joshua liked to hide it from him. But Jeonghan is worried about Joshua and there’s still something he need to tell to him. Is this the right time to tell him what he and Nami talked about?

“Joshua.” Jeonghan said.

“Hmm?”

“You see.. .I talked to Nami last night and.. .she’s offering me a home to stay.”

Joshua clench his fist. Jeonghan was smiling like he already made a decision and what will it be? Of course he will choose to stay with Nami. It hurt Joshua, but more of it pissed him.

“Stay away from her Jeonghan.” Joshua said with a pissed look.

“W-what? Why would I?”

“She won’t do any good to you Jeonghan. She’s.. .she’s a !” Jeonghan’s eyes widened at Joshua’s words and before he can utter another insult, he find Jeonghan’s hand to his cheek.

A loud slap echoed through the place. “Don’t talk to Nami like that! You don’t know her!” Joshua didn’t said a single word. “What’s happening to you Joshua?” After Jeonghan said those words he run towards the school leaving Joshua standing in the middle of the street.

This is the end. Why does Joshua let this to happen? But actually what scares him and what hurt him the most is the fact that he can’t let Jeonghan in his arms, after all this years, after all his long waiting and all of it will turn into nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened? You look down hyung.” Hoshi said as he turned his seat in front of Jeonghan’s deck. “What? Did you and Joshua had a lovers quarrel?” Sungcheol added. “We’re not lovers Sungcheol.” Jeonghan rolled his eyes and wash his face using his hands. “Thanks for reminding me.”

“But hyung, if you and Joshua hyung didn’t fight, why do you look so down?”

“I didn’t said we didn’t fight. I said we’re not lovers.”

Hoshi and Sungcheol exchange looks. “Ow, why did you fought?”

Jeonghan sighed and set his eyes to the window. “It’s because of Nami. Joshua said that she’s a and-“

Jeonghan didn’t finish his sentence when hoshi and Sungcheol high fived and laugh like they win some lottery or something. “W-what’s happening?”

“I can’t believe Joshua hyung said that.” Hoshi said between the laugh.

“I know right. That girl deserves it.” Sungcheol added that receive a light punch from Jeonghan. “What the.. .seriously Sungcheol?”

“What? The guy just told the truth , you’re too blind to notice it because you think she’s the one.”

“H-huh? I didn’t say anything that she’s the one? And.. .I got upset because of the insult. Even though you guys think that she’s something as that, she’s still a girl and there’s no girl in this world deserve to be called like that.” Was Jeonghan’s reason that made the girls looking at him with such awe and adoration. “Way to go romeo.” Sungcheol gave him a blank look.

“But still.. .I know I need to make up for him.” When Hoshi heard Jeonghan’s plan he suddenly light up and proceed to sit next to him. “So what are you gonna do?”

“I don’t know, cook for him?”

“Great! They said that a key to a man’s heart is through his stomach!” Jeonghan smacked Hoshi’s head rather strong. “Ouch! What was that for?”

“For your dumbness? Why the hell would I want his heart? And besides.. .there’s something I need to do for him tonight.”

Jeonghan sighed again. Just yesterday he remembered the important thing he keeps on thinking the other day. And that was the day of Joshua’s ritual of being a pure blood. Jeonghan was aware that he needs to be blood bounded with Joshua before the ritual takes it whole phase, sure he doesn’t know what does that blood bounded mean or how they are supposed to do that but he won’t let Joshua turn into ash if he can prevent or he can save his friend. After all Joshua’s been nothing but a good companion and friend to him, he can’t risk to live a life knowing that someone just turned into ash because of him.

But now how can he make up to Joshua? The blood bounding should take place at 8pm since that’s the time where the full moon will take it’s full bloom. But before setting things with Joshua there’s something he needs to do first. His thing with Nami.

Jeonghan turned Nami’s offer down but she said if he will about to turn her offer then she wants some leisure time with Jeonghan and one night would do. After class Jeonghan will go in Nami’s place to set things right. There’s nothing between then and there will never be again. This time Jeonghan shouldn’t think about his self. It’s about time that he thinks about Joshua.

Joshua was in the infirmary, still writhing in pain and his eyes will turn red every now and then. This is bad, Joshua is getting weaker and weaker and his tolerance and control to his power is getting weak as well. If this continues before the blood bounding he will turn into monster before he became ash. What’s scared him is the fact that he can hurt someone, an what if that someone was Jeonghan? He can’t even imagine hurting the one he loved, he would choose to die instead.

“Joshua?” Hera, one of Joshua’s classmate and close friend went inside the infirmary to check him. Joshua didn’t heard her coming nor sense it. He thought that is it normal that his sense was getting weaker as well is it really part of the ‘pure blood ritual?’ “Joshua?” This time Hera saw Joshua lying in the bed with his back facing her. This time Joshua was holding back the urge to pounce on Hera and drink her blood because right now he is freakin’ thirsty for a human fresh blood.

Joshua heard that Hera took the seat next to his bed, he closed his eyes and grip his chest strongly to fight the urge that’s slowly reigning in him and killing all the sanity that’s left within him. “I know you’re awake Joshua.” Hera said. “Please turn around so I can see your face.” Hera reach her hand and held Joshua’s shoulder to turn him around. When Joshua felt Hera’s warm hand his fangs suddenly grow and his eyes turned bright red. “Josh-“ Hera didn’t finish her sentence when Joshua suddenly hugged her. She didn’t even saw how their position became like that. “W-what- urgh.” She hissed when she felt Joshua’s strong grip in her wrist but she’s lying if she said that she’s not enjoying this. “Hera.” Joshua said as he ghostly kiss Hera’s neck while he smells it. “Joshua.. .” Hera put her hands in Joshua’s head as if she’s inviting Joshua to eat him.

Joshua position his self and was about to bite Hera’s neck when Jeonghan’s picture suddenly flashed in his head. He felt his heart beat very fast and loud too much he think Hera is hearing it as well. Every heart beat was he and Jeonghan’s memory together and how his belove smile at him or look at him with such calmness. Suddenly his red eyes turned into its original color, his fang turning into normal teeth. He sighed and smiled sadly as he lean his forehead to Hera’s shoulder. ‘Why does Jeonghan’s picture came in to his mind at a time like this? After all, no matter how much he think that he will never have him, he can’t help but to want him even more.’

Jeonghan was running in the hallway when someone told him that Joshua was in the infirmary and was not feeling well. By the time he reached the room and was about to go inside he saw Joshua hugging a girl. He stopped his hand from reaching the knob as he even his breathing while lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter